Weekend Assignment - "The Game" - Week 123
OK, everyoneâthis weekendâs theme is.....
(This was one of Rick Dupuis's Ideas)
(Even though he didn't know and we will use anything for an idea)
Whatever you want! Be creative. Use your imagination!
Anyone who has, had or will submit and actively participated for 15 consecutive weeks or more. Is due a Weekend Assignment badge they can post on their profile.
Please contact Dave of Kustum Digital or Phil with Sungoddess Studios for details.
Time to get shooting everybody! Whatever springs to mind....
The idea behind "Weekend Assignment" is to force everyone....
.....To go out and shoot something you might not normally shoot
.....To look at things differently.
.....To expand your mind's eye.
.....To sharpen your skills.
OPEN TO ANYONE WITH A CAMERA!!! Yes.. That means ANYONE!!! (including models, MUAs, designers, etc.). SUBJECT TO BE ANNOUNCED BY 11:00 PM Pacific ON THURSDAY. POSTING TO BE COMPLETED BY 11:00 PM Pacific ON THE FOLLOWING MONDAY. That gives you 4 days to shoot and edit, and 3 days for us to discuss the work from the previous assignment.
But, before you play, a couple of things......
1) ONE photo entry per person, per assignment. The idea is to create a new photo for the assignment. Weekend Assignment is based on the honor system, so please don't use an old image to post as this week's submission. If you want to use past shots to match a theme, Blue Ash Film Group does a great job with the "Concept Shot of the Day" game, which we highly recommend:
2) POST PROCESSING - Please keep it minimal. We want to keep the focus on photography and not post processing and/or illustration techniques.
3) Again, this is open to everybody who owns a camera. Depending on the assignment, it will be up to you if a model is wanted or needed for your image. Some of our assignments may ask you to grab a candid photo of a person. This will be an option for each individual because we understand that you may not have the opportunity to capture the shot or may not be comfortable shooting strangers in public.
4) If you're open to sharing the technical details (camera/lens/settings) you are welcome to do so, but it is not required. Also, feel free to tell any story of how/where you were able to get the shot and history that might go along with it.
5) PLEASE state with your photo if you would like discussion from others. Unsolicited critique is not allowed. Do not ask for, nor offer critiques. We can DISCUSS but cannot CRITIQUE. The Mods are threatening to move us to the critique forum where it would be open to anyone for critique. Only those participating in the Weekend Assignments are invited to DISCUSS the images.
6) Not really digging the theme? Got your own suggestions for topics? Then please send them to me via PM!
Enjoy the Assignment and let's get shooting!!!
Philip, Sungoddess Studios
Dec 17 10 04:06 am Link
Hey Dave, I know you're busy. I didn't find the Assignment this morning. Next week is yours, Please post on Thursday. If not give me a buzz or PM.
Dec 17 10 03:17 pm Link
Akron, Ohio, US
Definitely going to start doing this every weekend from now on!
Discussion is welcome.
"Winter in Ohio"
Taken with a Kodak P&S.
Dec 18 10 03:40 pm Link
Welcome. The storm is missing us here but, I hope I have a good one.
Dec 19 10 10:53 am Link
This is one of what I came up with. Discussion is always welcome.
Canon 30d 28mm 28-135 kit lens
not sure of the exif data
Dec 19 10 03:04 pm Link
Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
Ok... I used a Kodak Easyshare P/S for this one because I am not doing this with my DSLR or any of my old cameras...
I sat down in the snow and lay my camera on my lap. Then I laid back under a pine tree. I reached up, grabbed a branch and gave it a good shake. Then I sat up, grabbed the camera, held it at arms length and snapped it before the snow melted.
No, I did not particularly enjoy this but no one else would let me do this to them....
Feel free to discuss the idiots who live in Nova Scotia
By the way... someone I have known for probably 30 years... she only lives 15 miles away but we see each other about once a year... today there was a story in the newspaper about the 365 Project and she suggested I do it. I suggested we both do it and after some back and forth, she agreed. So here's what we're going to do... starting on January 1, 2011, she and I will each take one photo every single day. Who knows what it will be? She will email her's to me and I'll post them on a special page on my website (365 Project). So hopefully, we'll chat more often than we have been, and by December 31, 2011, there will be 730 photos on that page. It ought to be interesting and hopefully some of the photos will find their way here.
Dec 19 10 04:34 pm Link
next time someone clue me in, I have a Sony P&S in my car at all times.
Dec 20 10 03:06 am Link
Petaluma, California, US
A Cold one:
Slight crop, custom white balance, otherwise straight out of the camera.
Any discussion is welcome.
Dec 21 10 10:34 am Link
I will trade a six of them for a six of Yingling (PA microbrew) I had Redtail when I was in San Francisco
Dec 22 10 03:51 am Link
Petaluma, California, US
I was planning to use an Anchor Steam Christmas Ale, but I drank all of them.
I can imagine quaffing a Yingling or two!
Happy Holidays to All!
Dec 22 10 02:15 pm Link