Forums > Model Colloquy > bald models

Photographer

A-M-P

Posts: 18305

Orlando, Florida, US

Are there any bald models out there?

So I have a project that requires a few 3-5 bald models of different ethnicity skin colors etc.

So I did a search in my area for 100 mile radius and only 3 results and none of them were not even fully bald they had short tapered hair and were African American. Search NH,CT and RI and zero results for each state.

Is being bald really rare in the modeling industry. I wouldn't even know were to find female models that are bald.

sad

Dec 28 10 08:22 am Link

Photographer

aaaaaaaaaac

Posts: 2497

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

I want to photograph a tattoo'd female model who has a shaved head.

That's one of the things on my ' to do list '

Dec 28 10 08:26 am Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Posts: 20356

Hoffman Estates, Illinois, US

Big-A is bald right now hehe.  But it's something that is otherwise rare I think.

Have you thought about maybe having a SFX MUA do bald caps on girls with short hair?

Dec 28 10 08:27 am Link

Makeup Artist

LizW_Makeup

Posts: 1621

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I would love to work with a bald model, and more short-haired models in general! If you find one, I'm so there smile

A lot of times for fashion shoots, the baldness is created with a bald cap (which, unfortunately, is a technique not yet in my repertoire) and retouching - being fully bald would limit a model's marketability somewhat. But there are exceptions.

Dec 28 10 08:30 am Link

Photographer

CLOSED 2011

Posts: 68

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Angela Michelle Perez wrote:
Are there any bald models out there?

So I have a project that requires a few 3-5 bald models of different ethnicity skin colors etc.

So I did a search in my area for 100 mile radius and only 3 results and none of them were not even fully bald they had short tapered hair and were African American. Search NH,CT and RI and zero results for each state.

Is being bald really rare in the modeling industry. I wouldn't even know were to find female models that are bald.

sad

The only person I have ever seen in reality pulling off the bald look is Natalie Portman...

Dec 28 10 08:30 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Posts: 18305

Orlando, Florida, US

Rachel Jay wrote:
Big-A is bald right now hehe.  But it's something that is otherwise rare I think.

Have you thought about maybe having a SFX MUA do bald caps on girls with short hair?

I thought about it but I wasn't sure it would look as real as I want for it. The project is for a beauty series really close up. To show that bald can be beautiful. I have a friend who suffers from a hair loss disease and it inspired me to shoot this. I find it so beautiful it shows facial features and their elongated necks. No hair to detract from the face and the make up.

Dec 28 10 08:32 am Link

Photographer

GM Photography

Posts: 6135

Olympia, Washington, US

V Nixie is amazing, but I'm not sure if she has hair now or not:  http://www.modelmayhem.com/539093

Dec 28 10 08:35 am Link

Model

JoJo

Posts: 25650

Clearwater, Florida, US

Dec 28 10 08:39 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Posts: 16202

Orlando, Florida, US

C L A V I C wrote:
I want to photograph a tattoo'd female model who has a shaved head.

That's one of the things on my ' to do list '

JoJo is tattooed and often bald. I imagine if you fly her out to you, she'd shave for you.

Dec 28 10 08:40 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Posts: 16202

Orlando, Florida, US

JoJo wrote:

Dec 28 10 08:41 am Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Posts: 20356

Hoffman Estates, Illinois, US

Angela Michelle Perez wrote:
I thought about it but I wasn't sure it would look as real as I want for it. The project is for a beauty series really close up. To show that bald can be beautiful. I have a friend who suffers from a hair loss disease and it inspired me to shoot this. I find it so beautiful it shows facial features and their elongated necks. No hair to detract from the face and the make up.

Alopecia?

Maybe see if your friend is part of a support group for her disease, and see if you can contact that group (or others in your area) and perhaps find someone that way.  It might add to the power of the images to use people who suffer from a disease like that.

Dec 28 10 08:41 am Link

Model

_AmberRose_

Posts: 1104

New York, New York, US

Iain Alexander wrote:

The only person I have ever seen in reality pulling off the bald look is Natalie Portman...

Thats sad sad I have seen many bald women who pulled it off very well. Do a nice google search! I am sure you will be pleased.

Dec 28 10 08:48 am Link

Model

Laura Jean-Marie

Posts: 429

Seattle, Washington, US

I've seen a few around here but unfortunately can't think of the ones that haven't been mentioned already. I'm waiting for a friend of mine to come in here waiting eagerly, he loves bald models. (Nyk - http://www.modelmayhem.com/1440919)

Personally, I've always liked baldies, period. When I met my husband online and then discovered he kept his head shaved... I knew I was going to marry him, right then. tongue (I jest, but really? Bald = hot. You know, on attractive people, not necessarily old wrinkly men. But hey, if they can rock it, cool. Stopping now...)

Good luck!

*edit* Remembered some of them! But they'd definitely have to travel.

http://modelmayhm-9.vo.llnwd.net/d1/avatars/7/1/3/0/2/9/713029920_m.jpg

http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/avatars/1/0/0/2/9/1/8/1002918958_m.jpg

Dec 28 10 09:17 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Posts: 18305

Orlando, Florida, US

Laura Jean-Marie wrote:
I've seen a few around here but unfortunately can't think of the ones that haven't been mentioned already. I'm waiting for a friend of mine to come in here waiting eagerly, he loves bald models. (Nyk - http://www.modelmayhem.com/1440919)

Personally, I've always liked baldies, period. When I met my husband online and then discovered he kept his head shaved... I knew I was going to marry him, right then. tongue (I jest, but really? Bald = hot. You know, on attractive people, not necessarily old wrinkly men. But hey, if they can rock it, cool. Stopping now...)

Good luck!

*edit* Remembered some of them! But they'd definitely have to travel.

http://modelmayhm-9.vo.llnwd.net/d1/avatars/7/1/3/0/2/9/713029920_m.jpg

http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/avatars/1/0/0/2/9/1/8/1002918958_m.jpg

Oh wow they are beautiful smile

Dec 28 10 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Nathan Sol

Posts: 594

Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US

Freddie.

http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100913/06/4c8e2d5d03ee9_m.jpg

Dec 28 10 09:42 am Link

Photographer

Keys88 Photo

Posts: 17646

New York, New York, US

GM Photography wrote:
V Nixie is amazing, but I'm not sure if she has hair now or not:  http://www.modelmayhem.com/539093

I believe she's sporting hair nowadays, but she was quite a great bald model.

(She's great with hair too, but I don't think she currently fits your bill.  You may want to contact her to see if/when she'll be shaving again)

Dec 28 10 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Keys88 Photo

Posts: 17646

New York, New York, US

I believe Sahani Blue (http://www.modelmayhem.com/423866 ) also periodically shaves her head.

Dec 28 10 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Posts: 55204

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Kat Love was at one time.  I don't know if she still is or is still on MM.

http://www.wgrowland.com/p834919981/h22281768#h22281768

Had to go to my gallery to offer a picture, the one in my port chops of the top of her head.

Dec 28 10 12:38 pm Link

Model

Opisthocoma

Posts: 267

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

Yo

(I am a bald model in Massachusetts)

Dec 28 10 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

BatchFoto Photography

Posts: 1367

Tampa, Florida, US

I think Alija Whitebird is balled and using wigs at the moment.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/1696283

Dec 28 10 01:21 pm Link

Model

Cait Chan

Posts: 6272

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Pay em enough money to where they will wanna shave their heads just to work with you! tongue

Dec 28 10 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Posts: 18647

Louisville, Kentucky, US

http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080725/15/488a25066cab2_m.jpg

Though she doesn't live close enough to you.

Dec 28 10 01:34 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Posts: 2173

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Iain Alexander wrote:
The only person I have ever seen in reality pulling off the bald look is Natalie Portman...

Kumi, sadly retired now for the most part..personally I think she stomps on sweet cutsey Natalie

http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080117/04/478f216805e4b.jpg

Dec 28 10 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Karlsen

Posts: 1781

Gloversville, New York, US

Might be close to your 100 miles.

  http://www.modelmayhem.com/662918

never worked with her, ranges from very short to bald.  talked with her a couple of years ago, didn't fit my budget, don't know now

Dec 28 10 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey Blake Adams

Posts: 609

Miami Beach, Florida, US

a top MUA can create this look for you, w no damage to the model's hair

Dec 28 10 01:51 pm Link

Model

V Nixie

Posts: 2065

Los Angeles, California, US

Nathan Sol wrote:
Freddie.

http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100913/06/4c8e2d5d03ee9_m.jpg

Freddie is currently pregnant wink.

Dec 28 10 04:27 pm Link

Model

V Nixie

Posts: 2065

Los Angeles, California, US

How long will you be doing this project wink?
You just missed me bald but I'll likely be doing it again.
http://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100722/09/4c486c512ea90_m.jpg

Dec 28 10 04:27 pm Link

Model

ModestD

Posts: 91

Abingdon, Maryland, US

Too bad you are not looking for male bald models, lol

Dec 28 10 04:34 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

Posts: 33422

The Woodlands, Texas, US

Rachel Jay wrote:
Big-A is bald right now hehe.  But it's something that is otherwise rare I think.

cool

Dec 28 10 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Posts: 8841

Delphos, Ohio, US

When I see bald, female models, it always makes me think of Lt. Ilia from Star Trek:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X3lNYc1hcaE/S95CE6LgNhI/AAAAAAAAApo/v_NeX0Z9X0c/s1600/ilia.jpg

Dec 28 10 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

karenjerzykphotography

Posts: 1756

Boston, Massachusetts, US

18+ image: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/15184253

If any of you are from the New England area, she's amazing smile

Edit: Didn't notice you were from New Bedford. She's from MA. Definitely get in touch with her.

Dec 28 10 04:48 pm Link

Model

sofija

Posts: 23614

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Dec 28 10 08:07 pm Link

Model

MadameKitty

Posts: 13581

Palmer - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by Argentina/Chile/UK, Antarctica

This lady is now bald and is in your area:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/405196

Dec 28 10 08:13 pm Link

Model

MadameKitty

Posts: 13581

Palmer - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by Argentina/Chile/UK, Antarctica

Opisthocoma wrote:
Yo

(I am a bald model in Massachusetts)

You beat me lol

Dec 28 10 08:14 pm Link

Model

Sail On

Posts: 7

Los Angeles, California, US

Half my head is shaved

Dec 28 10 08:29 pm Link

Model

V Nixie

Posts: 2065

Los Angeles, California, US

Dec 29 10 06:45 am Link

Model

kumi

Posts: 1017

San Francisco, California, US

yes, i'm pretty much retired. but if i have the time and i get paid, i'll still shoot. maybe.

Jan 05 11 06:44 pm Link

Model

JaydedPiXiE

Posts: 35

Houston, Texas, US

This thread seems dead, but I think I'll post anyway.
I'm new to the bald game, but I'm loving this look and the versatility it offers.
I'm based in Houston, and would love to shoot with another bald model, possibly some "mannequin" type shots...
I travel about every other month, so if anyone needs a bald chick, please look me up!!!
Hope you are all well in MMland...
Pixie

Sep 12 11 10:08 am Link

Photographer

ManderStudios

Posts: 40

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

I've with Gemma(http://www.modelmayhem.com/2278867) over the summer and her head is completely shaved. She was so much fun to work with smile

Sep 12 11 11:14 am Link

Model

D M M

Posts: 7905

New York, New York, US

A-M-P wrote:
Are there any bald models out there?

So I have a project that requires a few 3-5 bald models of different ethnicity skin colors etc.

So I did a search in my area for 100 mile radius and only 3 results and none of them were not even fully bald they had short tapered hair and were African American. Search NH,CT and RI and zero results for each state.

Is being bald really rare in the modeling industry. I wouldn't even know were to find female models that are bald.

sad

I was bald. Like, totally bald. I thought the fashion industry would eat me up. Not so.

I did book a shit-ton of work when it grew out into a pixie cut, though.

ETA: Oh, this thread is SO old. Don't bump old threads, dammit. It's against forum rules!!

Sep 12 11 03:53 pm Link