Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > airbrush questions

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Corona, California, US

Post is from the 2008 Way Back machine - so the original questions have been long since answered.

Thread got bumped with no specific question in mind.

Jan 26 12 12:07 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Calista Brides

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Jan 26 12 12:13 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Calista Brides

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Lisa Berczel wrote:
Post is from the 2008 Way Back machine - so the original questions have been long since answered.

Thread got bumped with no specific question in mind.

LMAO Lisa! I didn't even see the dates. Hopefully someone else benefits from the info! Doy!

Jan 26 12 12:15 pm Link

Makeup Artist

AudreyAdora

Laoag, Ilocos, Philippines

April Landrum-Johns wrote:
I have talked to MUA's that thin out Revlon Colorstay and Loreal True Match foundation with thinner and like it.  I tried it and did not care for it. ( Maybe because I have not had my machine for long and was not using the right concentration amounts.  My husband got tired of me bitching about it and told me to order the freakin Airbrush make-up, so I did.  I heard from a friend NOT to use Dinair products (I have the Dinair compressor) so I went with Temptu SB and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!  I got the $75 "sample" kit that has small tester size bottles of every "foundation" shade.   I still thin it out a little.....don't know if I'm supposed to or not, but I do.  It seems to work better.  LOL.....for beginners, be sure to use thinner (or 224) but not water, because it only made a mess for me with the traditional foundations.  Keep in mind I AM NO EXPERT ON AIRBRUSHING, I am just giving you MY example of what happend to me.  Any comments or advice?  I'll be happy to take it!

May I ask the downsides of Dinair that your friend told you about, because I just bought mine. Uh-oh! Lol.

Jun 14 12 08:45 am Link

Makeup Artist

Decorated Beauty

Denver, Colorado, US

I'm currently looking to purchase an airbrush machine. Can anyone recommend a good one that won't terribly break the bank? I know they are pricey. I'm just looking for a good one that is decently priced.

Feb 01 13 08:11 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Corona, California, US

The *best* really depends on the makeup type and finish you want.
Silicone or water based.... each cosmetic manufacturer has a different equipment bundle.

Be certain you can get replacements parts for the airbrush. You WILL need to replace needles and the occasional fluid nozzle.

General rule of thumb: The smaller and cheaper the equipment, the less rugged it is and the less it can do. That's the trade off.

Feb 03 13 06:51 pm Link