Forums > General Industry > If any model has ever shot with "Craig Faulkner"

Photographer

HOTTIE SHOTS

Memphis, Tennessee, US

I don't know if the OP's motives are to warn the models, or to dig at the competition.

But I have been involved in lots of cases that were covered by newspapers and television and they almost always got most of the "facts" they reported wrong after telling about the arrest. 

Something about this story just does not seem to make sense.  I would not guess if the real facts condemn or exonerate the man, but I would wait to see how the situation works out.  I have represented a number of people who have been villified in the press for months, and then all charges were dropped when I was able to gathere and explain the real facts to the prosecutors.

Jan 27 11 09:08 pm Link

Model

sofija

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Class 1 misdemeanor?
Doesn't seem like much.

I'd be pretty disgusted if something like this happened to me. I would definitely be much more upset if someone ever tried to touch me however.

Jan 27 11 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Morris Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

sofija wrote:
Class 1 misdemeanor?
Doesn't seem like much.

I'd be pretty disgusted if something like this happened to me. I would definitely be much more upset if someone ever tried to touch me however.

What if they touched your heart and soul?

Jan 27 11 09:21 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Sintillations

Forest Hill, Maryland, US

sofija wrote:
Class 1 misdemeanor?
Doesn't seem like much.

Having been to enough nightclubs and had random strangers come up and start grinding their junk against my ass while im trying to dance, grabbing at me as I walk by, etc. I can handle a jackoff trying to grope me. Videoing creeps me out way more, but again that's just me, and I do agree the consequences aren't much.

Jan 27 11 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Luminos wrote:

The Federal prosecutor will get involved if asked by the state prosecutor.  That is all it will take.   The state has the evidence.   The Feds won't decline if asked.

As for walking, it is not likely though, is it?   

Most likely, the defense will attempt to keep the Feds out by plea bargaining down to one count and a year in jail.   He'll spend 90 days, then spend the rest of his life on the registered sex offenders list.

But I won't be surprised to hear that it is five years and three served.

I didn't know you worked in LO.   Felonies are usually charged by
the States Attorney.   While class 1 misdemeanors are serious even if
convicted chances are he will be give probation.   I imagine he has no
priors.   That if it goes that far.   It may not.  Doubtful he will have to
spend the rest of his life on a sex offenders list as well.
The 'victim' is of age and again not a felony.   As for the Fed's I'd be very
surprised if they would even consider this little bs. 

However, I don't work in LO nor I'm I attorney.   I have done some
legal research.  I did use LexisNexis and it seems most of these types of
cases fall under privacy laws.   Those convicted seem to be fined.
No years in prison.   No sexual database.  I currently have no access to
Westlaw so maybe Luminos can enlighten me on where he's getting
his information from.

Jan 27 11 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

Unique Imaging

Richmond, Virginia, US

Greg Kolack wrote:

I will agree, with the facts that are available, it seems there is a pretty good case against the guy, and if he did in fact do it, he should be punished for it - it's pretty disturbing.

But I still say the OP has some kind of agenda against this guy, and to be honest, taking a look at some of the lists the OP has, with the focus being mostly nude women, asses, oral sex, and models touching themselves, and names like "Absolutely Best ASSetts!", "Clothing optional beyond this point !!!", "Perfect topless", "Orgasmically Hot Shots!!", and "what's for dinner?" (which includes a close up of a vagina), I do find it ironic that he is judge and jury and spreading the word about what a perv the accused is.

It's comical to me that some people want to try and make something from nothing simply because they're either too stupid to comprehend or lazy to read my previous posts. I've read the weak comments from the forum trolls who add their "cool troll forum lingo" as well fun pictures of their family members simply because they have nothing positive to add to the conversation or a life to live other than troll in forums to try and stir up shit.

To the above quoter, I'm glad you took the time to not only go to my page to look for something haha but then go through my lists? to find anything that you so desperately could, in order to bring it back  to this thread to attack my character....

which is about a photographer who got arrested and charged for illegally videotaping a model without her permission or knowledge while she was in the supposed privacy of a dressing room.

I'm just curious what would the titles, some sarcastic and humorous in my own opinion, have anything to do with the subject matter about this original posting? Nude beaches have signs that say .."clothing optional beyond this point".. hmm I wonder what pics I would put in this list? Maybe nudes? Wow Captain obvious you got me! Obviously my lists have remained for quite a long time and no one has had an issue with them. If you feel like telling the mods I honestly could care less, they're just lists of shots I liked. I do happen to think the female body is beautiful so yes I do like nudes. How about listing alllllll of my lists if you are going to be pathetic enough to take the time and write down a few. If you are going to do something do it fully not just half assed.

1 of thee hottest ladies on Model Mayhem           3 pics
Absolutely Best ASSetts!           67 pics
Badass Shots!!           4 pics
Badazz Bathing Suit Shots           16 pics
Beyond Passionate!!           1 pics
Clothing optional beyond this point !!!           41 pics
Damn!           12 pics
Dan The Man Doyle Strikes again!           5 pics
Eyes that POP           1 pics
Fits like a GLOVE!!           8 pics
Fun but Hot Shots!           2 pics
Good Clean Fun           3 pics
Gorgeous and Inked!           4 pics
Gorgeous figure!           40 pics
Hottest Hardbodies!!           10 pics
Just plain beautiful!           2 pics
Killer Faces           28 pics
McBride will take you for a ride!           6 pics
Mike Eaddy Is the MAN!!           3 pics
My work on models page           7 pics
Orgasmically Hot Shots!!           14 pics
Perfect topless           19 pics
Purrfect!!           1 pics
Reby My favorite!!           3 pics
Sexiest Cowgirl           5 pics
Smoking Lingerie Shots           20 pics
Unique Imaging's list of killer photos           1 pics
what's for dinner?    7 pics

Maybe if some people could stay on topic instead of acting like bunch of children and try to pull things out of thin air about what my motives were or what I have on my profile etc., maybe something productive and positive would come from this posting as it was intended to.

The point and intent for this posting was awareness.... to bring this story to the attention of those numerous models on this site who have shot with him prior, so that they can contact the listed detective in order to be sure they too weren't on any of those tapes. That simple.. sorry to bust your derelict detective bubbles.

As I stated earlier AGAIN I'll be clear for the simpletons. This story was brought to me by a personal friend, a model on here, who has shot with him and who now is petrified that she may be on some of these videos. She did not and has not shot nudes. He has shot numerous girls around our area and was a very popular photographer. I liked a lot of his work. A lot of the girls who shot with him liked him a lot as well. But I will bet that if they are found to be on those videos that will change. If that was your sister, mother, wife.. on that tape when she just expected to go take some pictures from a well respected photographer.. I think the idiots who have nothing better to do than rant and rave about anything but the issue in here would be thinking entirely different..

To those that have been productive and positive and understood the correct reasoning behind this thread thank you.

Jan 28 11 02:44 am Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Or maybe he's hoping to get the "Hooters calendar" gig?

lol

Jan 28 11 03:10 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

New Brunswick, New Jersey, US

Unique Imaging wrote:

It's comical to me that some people want to try and make something from nothing simply because they're either too stupid to comprehend or lazy to read my previous posts. I've read the weak comments from the forum trolls who add their "cool troll forum lingo" as well fun pictures of their family members simply because they have nothing positive to add to the conversation or a life to live other than troll in forums to try and stir up shit.

To the above quoter, I'm glad you took the time to not only go to my page to look for something haha but then go through my lists? to find anything that you so desperately could, in order to bring it back  to this thread to attack my character....

which is about a photographer who got arrested and charged for illegally videotaping a model without her permission or knowledge while she was in the supposed privacy of a dressing room.

I'm just curious what would the titles, some sarcastic and humorous in my own opinion, have anything to do with the subject matter about this original posting? Nude beaches have signs that say .."clothing optional beyond this point".. hmm I wonder what pics I would put in this list? Maybe nudes? Wow Captain obvious you got me! Obviously my lists have remained for quite a long time and no one has had an issue with them. If you feel like telling the mods I honestly could care less, they're just lists of shots I liked. I do happen to think the female body is beautiful so yes I do like nudes. How about listing alllllll of my lists if you are going to be pathetic enough to take the time and write down a few. If you are going to do something do it fully not just half assed.

Damn!           12 pics

Maybe if some people could stay on topic instead of acting like bunch of children and try to pull things out of thin air about what my motives were or what I have on my profile etc., maybe something productive and positive would come from this posting as it was intended to.

The point and intent for this posting was awareness.... to bring this story to the attention of those numerous models on this site who have shot with him prior, so that they can contact the listed detective in order to be sure they too weren't on any of those tapes. That simple.. sorry to bust your derelict detective bubbles.

As I stated earlier AGAIN I'll be clear for the simpletons. This story was brought to me by a personal friend, a model on here, who has shot with him and who now is petrified that she may be on some of these videos. She did not and has not shot nudes. He has shot numerous girls around our area and was a very popular photographer. I liked a lot of his work. A lot of the girls who shot with him liked him a lot as well. But I will bet that if they are found to be on those videos that will change. If that was your sister, mother, wife.. on that tape when she just expected to go take some pictures from a well respected photographer.. I think the idiots who have nothing better to do than rant and rave about anything but the issue in here would be thinking entirely different..

To those that have been productive and positive and understood the correct reasoning behind this thread thank you.

https://lh4.ggpht.com/_gLBmR1BCfwE/TC4JfABpQoI/AAAAAAAAOZs/CI8Lc-VR_qM/s640/Collages7.jpg

Z.

Jan 28 11 04:03 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Luminos wrote:
Wiretapping laws apply to audio taping.   Federal law allows the taping so long as one of the parties to a conversation knows about it (not both) and consents to it.   And the conversation has to have an expectation of privacy.

That is the second time I have read this comment and it is so wrong.   Federal law requires that the party being taped be aware and consent to it.  Federal law, for years required a beep tone, but other notice is allowed.  Haven't you ever noticed that, when you call many companies, they provide you with a warning that your call may be monitored or recorded?  It is done specifically to comply with federal and, when appropriate, state law.  It is generally a criminal offense to record another person on the telephone without their consent.

There are states, that have laws prohibitting any kind of audio recording without the consent of all the parties to the conversation.  That includes includes hidden tape recorders, etc.

The idea that you can only record if at least one person knows about it is absurd.  Obviously the person who does it knows.   Secret recording  of telephone calls in the U.S. is not permitted, except in a very, very few situations.

Jan 28 11 04:35 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I deliberately stayed out of this thrad for the most part.  I love, however, how someone posts a news article and we attack the poster rather than talking about the alleged conduct.

People pretend that photographers don't do bad things and that models should blindly trust photographers with references.  The photographer in question had referenences.  He still allegedly did bad things.

While the OP may, or may not, have had motives for posting, the post was important.  As a community, we either have to find a way to deal with these issues or, Internet modeleing and photography will always be considered a seedy underworld.

Whether it happened or not, it has been in the paper, it is all over the net, and all it does is to make all of us look bad.

Jan 28 11 04:46 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

ei Total Productions wrote:
I deliberately stayed out of this thrad for the most part.  I love, however, how someone posts a news article and we attack the poster rather than talking about the alleged conduct.

People pretend that photographers don't do bad things and that models should blindly trust photographers with references.  The photographer in question had referenences.  He still allegedly did bad things.

While the OP may, or may not, have had motives for posting, the post was important.  As a community, we either have to find a way to deal with these issues or, Internet modeleing and photography will always be considered a seedy underworld.

Whether it happened or not, it has been in the paper, it is all over the net, and all it does is to make all of us look bad.

If people read in their local paper that there was a car accident across town and five people were killed, they suddenly don't say,"OMG! I'm never driving down that street again!"

A plane is highjacked, crashes, killing everyone on board. People don't stop flying.

Smart people can discern that this was an isolated incident, and that not every photographer is like the one named in this thread. Those are the people that I will end up working with.

Z.

Jan 28 11 04:58 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

zaxpix wrote:
Smart people can discern that this was an isolated incident, and that not every photographer is like the one named in this thread. Those are the people that I will end up working with.

In the last thirty days, we have had two posts about relatively well known photographers being arrested.  The posts were based on news articles.  I am aware, myself, of at least a dozen arrests over the last few years.  One even involved a photographer, working for Playboy, being arrested for shooting minors in the nude.

I agree that the vast majority of people here are not going to commit sexual offenses. That doesn't change the fact that these articles do drive public perception of photography and the Internet.

As a community, we should be far more concerned about stopping the conduct and improving the public's perception.  Fighting amongst ourselves about these petty issues is just a waste of time and just makes us all look worse.

Jan 28 11 05:11 am Link

Photographer

-Koa-

Castaner, Puerto Rico, US

I read the OP's post and fully understand where he is coming from.

But, as usual, it seems nobody can post a warning on this forum without it turning into a fart fest.

-Koa-

Jan 28 11 05:28 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

In the last thirty days, we have had two posts about relatively well known photographers being arrested.  The posts were based on news articles.  I am aware, myself, of at least a dozen arrests over the last few years.  One even involved a photographer, working for Playboy, being arrested for shooting minors in the nude.

I agree that the vast majority of people here are not going to commit sexual offenses. That doesn't change the fact that these articles do drive public perception of photography and the Internet.

As a community, we should be far more concerned about stopping the conduct and improving the public's perception.  Fighting amongst ourselves about these petty issues is just a waste of time.

Who's fighting?

People are going to do what they want when they want and neither you, I, nor the whole of Model Mayhem can do anything to stop those that are determined to do so.

Assholes come with the territory. It's true in every vocation. Yet those vocations continue to endure because everyone does not posses a "Chicken Little" mentality.

On one hand the OP should be commended for sounding the alarm, but on the other, he may have caused quite a few chickens to get their feathers ruffled up, all for naught.

Z.

Jan 28 11 05:41 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

zaxpix wrote:
People are going to do what they want when they want and neither you, I, nor the whole of Model Mayhem can do anything to stop those that are determined to do so.

But we can seek to distance ourselves from those who cross the line.  We can shape the spin and the public debate to make it clear, that as a community, we find these things to be as abhorant as anyone else.

More importantly, we can start to develop ethics and standards, just as do other controversial professions, such as sex therapists, to show an effort on our part to self-police.

You call this a "vocation."   While I make my living with my camera, few here do.  90% or more of the members here are hobbiests and there are a great deal who use the site as a dating service.  I am not, in any way, disparaging the hobbiest.  Indeed, I encourage it.

If you think the public views nude photography the same as any other hobby, you are kidding yoruself.  There are people here who shoot weddings, children, dogs or more, but all the public knows is that MM is filled with nude images.  Some networks block it with adult content filters.

We need to get better and smarter at the publicity and public percetption wars.  Until we do, there will still be another dozen escort threads every week and sensational news articles every time someone steps out of line.

Either we get a handle on this and move past the constant crap or accept that we will be relegated to the seedy back rooms of the creative community.

Jan 28 11 05:52 am Link

Photographer

MLRPhoto

Olivet, Michigan, US

I hope I, at least, don't "pretend that photographers don't do bad things" but I do get frustrated and upset when they do, and when others make a big production out of it (not specifically this case, just in general).

This "alleged" offense is frustrating; due to the stealth aspect, neither glowing references or "bringing someone along" would be relevant.  I'm pretty sure very few photographers who DO allow escorts would support them tearing apart the changing room to ensure there are no hidden cameras.

Jan 28 11 06:04 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

...If you think the public views nude photography the same as any other hobby, you are kidding yoruself...

Since I never said this, I'm not kidding anyone.

The reality, for me, is that the vast majority of MM models that I eventually end up working with, (1.) Have no knowledge of what goes on in the forums here. ["I can't be bothered with all that drama."] and (2.) Trust me.

Life is short. I do not have the time to try and correct the public's mis-perceptions of photography as a whole. [There are people who will not trust some to photograph their prized pooch]

There are more people than I will ever have time to shoot that would be more than willing to work with me. And that's good enough.

"One monkey don't stop no show"

I wish the OP and his photographer friend the best.

Z.

Jan 28 11 06:14 am Link

Photographer

Luminos

Columbia, Maryland, US

That is the second time I have read this comment and it is so wrong.   Federal law requires that the party being taped be aware and consent to it.  Federal law, for years required a beep tone, but other notice is allowed.  Haven't you ever noticed that, when you call many companies, they provide you with a warning that your call may be monitored or recorded?  It is done specifically to comply with federal and, when appropriate, state law.  It is generally a criminal offense to record another person on the telephone without their consent.

There are states, that have laws prohibitting any kind of audio recording without the consent of all the parties to the conversation.  That includes includes hidden tape recorders, etc.

The idea that you can only record if at least one person knows about it is absurd.  Obviously the person who does it knows.   Secret recording  of telephone calls in the U.S. is not permitted, except in a very, very few situations.

Sorry to have to disagree, but Federal law permits taping of a conversation by either of the parties, and does not require the consent or knowledge of both.

A quick check of http://www.rcfp.org/taping

"Federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call."

And this matches closely the comments of the communications lawyers I've worked with over voice and data communications systems I've used to transmit and receive imaging data.

As I said, and will say again, there are some states that do not allow audio taping without consent of both.   But they are state laws.   Virginia for example allows audio taping by one party without the knowledge or consent of the other.

As for all the beeps and warnings, most companies go to great lengths to protect themselves.   Sometimes it is needed, sometimes it isn't.   Since most of these companies span several states, they tend to err to the conservative.

Jan 28 11 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

I don't by any means claim photographers havn't done illegal things are that things like this don't happen. I have no problem with things like this being brought to light. The problem is this statement:

Unique Imaging wrote:
Your opinion is that I have judged him. t's already been proven that he did. Read the article.

Now its just onto finding out how many others he did this too hence the reason for this post

Read my previous posts word for the day... Awareness

It has NOT been proven that he did it. He may very well have. But it has not been proven. Now the OP may believe this guy did it, and that's his right. But the simple fact is that it has not been proven. This is simply a false statement.

Jan 28 11 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

Unique Imaging wrote:

Damn!           12 pics

That's all wonderful. But you still made a false statement.

Unique Imaging wrote:
Your opinion is that I have judged him. t's already been proven that he did. Read the article.

Now its just onto finding out how many others he did this too hence the reason for this post

Jan 28 11 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Luminos

Columbia, Maryland, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:

I didn't know you worked in LO.   Felonies are usually charged by
the States Attorney.   While class 1 misdemeanors are serious even if
convicted chances are he will be give probation.   I imagine he has no
priors.   That if it goes that far.   It may not.  Doubtful he will have to
spend the rest of his life on a sex offenders list as well.
The 'victim' is of age and again not a felony.   As for the Fed's I'd be very
surprised if they would even consider this little bs. 

However, I don't work in LO nor I'm I attorney.   I have done some
legal research.  I did use LexisNexis and it seems most of these types of
cases fall under privacy laws.   Those convicted seem to be fined.
No years in prison.   No sexual database.  I currently have no access to
Westlaw so maybe Luminos can enlighten me on where he's getting
his information from.

As for knowing how a local investigation goes federal, I used to have a LEO commission, and also worked as a consultant on wiretaping and computer crime issues as related to imaging and data transmissions.   When the locals have the information, and want federal aid, they ask for help.  They almost always get it.

As for the federal laws regarding wiretaping - they are felony laws.   I know this because I've had to deal with them in my work.   You can look it up if you like, I'm not going to bother.   Ignore my comments at your own risk.

Jan 28 11 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Luminos

Columbia, Maryland, US

sofija wrote:
Class 1 misdemeanor?
Doesn't seem like much.

However, the prosecutor can indeed toss the book at him if there were audio recordings.

From the taping web site:

"An individual can record or disclose wire, oral, or electronic communications to which he is a party, or if one party to the communication consents. Otherwise, it is a felony. Va. Code Ann. § 19.2-62.

A lawyer’s recording of a telephone conversation with the consent of one, but not all, parties to the conversation was found to be legal, though unethical, under Virginia law. U.S. v. Smallwood, 365 F.Supp.2d 689 (2005).

Under the statute, consent is not required for the taping of a non-electronic communication uttered by a person who does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that communication. See definition of “oral communication,” Va. Code Ann. § 19.2-61; Belmer v. Commonwealth, 553 S.E.2d 123 (Va. App. 2001).

Criminal penalties for violating the law include imprisonment for one to five years or, at the discretion of a jury or judge, confinement in jail for up to 12 months and a fine of not more than $2,500, either or both. Va. Legis. 579. A civil cause of action is authorized by statute for $100 per day of violation or $1,000, whichever is greater. Va. Code Ann. § 19.2-69. Punitive damages, attorney fees, and litigation costs can be recovered under the statute as well. Va. Code Ann. § 19.2-69."

So this is why I'm fairly sure that, with 17 felony counts facing him if the prosecutor so chooses, he will quickly plea to a misdemeanor and get some jail time.

As for the sex offender list comment by another poster, it isn't reserved just for underage.  It is also imposed for rape, peeping, and crimes such as this that relate to sex/nudity.

Jan 28 11 07:54 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Luminos wrote:
Sorry to have to disagree, but Federal law permits taping of a conversation by either of the parties, and does not require the consent or knowledge of both.

I stand corrected.  Twelve states still prohibit one party consent, but you are right.  The feds amended the federal statute in 1998 to drop the requirement for the beep tone.  I didn't notice the amendment because I live in California, which is one of the states that uses the old federal standard.  Two party consent is still required here.

Look at that, I learn something all the time.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Jan 28 11 08:08 am Link

Model

JoShyra

Newark, Delaware, US

Wow, when I hear stories like this, I try to think of it as an isolated incident but many times when reading the forums, it seems like so many other photographers go out of their way to defend these types of individuals. That is what really makes it seem like the incident isn't so "isolated"

I understand "guilty until proven innocent" but I think many don't know the difference between guilty and found guilty by a court of law.

If I shoot someone because I want their parking spot, I am guilty of the crime. Period. Whether a court finds me guilty is a different story.

Whether this person is guilty is one thing but the issue is that we models have come across this type of action plenty of times and try to think of each creep as an individual, but seeing so many photographers continue to defend these actions really enforces the stereotypes in my mind. I would have rather nothing be said, after all the original post was a fact finding mission and a warning, but I know this type of post always gets such a reaction.

I really have to question if you're the type of person who will look out for my best interest, I try to separate the "creepy, touch feely, lurching" photographers from the good ones but more and more I see good photographers defending anything a photographer does, no matter how bad it is.

I'm just being honest, I'm not sure how many other models feel the same way.

Jan 28 11 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Photography by BE

Midland, Texas, US

But we can seek to distance ourselves from those who cross the line.  We can shape the spin and the public debate to make it clear, that as a community, we find these things to be as abhorant as anyone else.

More importantly, we can start to develop ethics and standards, just as do other controversial professions, such as sex therapists, to show an effort on our part to self-police.

You call this a "vocation."   While I make my living with my camera, few here do.  90% or more of the members here are hobbiests and there are a great deal who use the site as a dating service.  I am not, in any way, disparaging the hobbiest.  Indeed, I encourage it.

If you think the public views nude photography the same as any other hobby, you are kidding yoruself.  There are people here who shoot weddings, children, dogs or more, but all the public knows is that MM is filled with nude images.  Some networks block it with adult content filters.

We need to get better and smarter at the publicity and public percetption wars.  Until we do, there will still be another dozen escort threads every week and sensational news articles every time someone steps out of line.

Either we get a handle on this and move past the constant crap or accept that we will be relegated to the seedy back rooms of the creative community.

The above is worthy of re-reading in it's entirety.

I do find it disheartening that the OP has been vilified.  Even though he may have been over zealous,  to make accusations about his (the OP) character are as bad as what the topic is about.     Some have found the OP guilty of various "crimes of intent" without any proof.  Then others jump on that wagon and start yelling.   Bring out the pitchforks and the torches;  storm the castle; kill the monster.

The only people in society that "we" as photographers will find guilty without all the facts are, law enforcement, political figures, religious people and doctors.

We can easily condemn every person in a particular group just by reading a news article, but we cannot believe a photographer is guilty until all the facts are in, and that is the way it should be.  I wish we could find that trait   within ourselves for everyone else.

Jan 28 11 08:16 am Link

Photographer

K E E L I N G

Peoria, Illinois, US

JoShyra wrote:
Wow, when I hear stories like this, I try to think of it as an isolated incident but many times when reading the forums, it seems like so many other photographers go out of their way to defend these types of individuals. That is what really makes it seem like the incident isn't so "isolated"

I understand "guilty until proven innocent" but I think many don't know the difference between guilty and found guilty by a court of law.

If I shoot someone because I want their parking spot, I am guilty of the crime. Period. Whether a court finds me guilty is a different story.

Whether this person is guilty is one thing but the issue is that we models have come across this type of action plenty of times and try to think of each creep as an individual, but seeing so many photographers continue to defend these actions really enforces the stereotypes in my mind. I would have rather nothing be said, after all the original post was a fact finding mission and a warning, but I know this type of post always gets such a reaction.

I really have to question if you're the type of person who will look out for my best interest, I try to separate the "creepy, touch feely, lurching" photographers from the good ones but more and more I see good photographers defending anything a photographer does, no matter how bad it is.

Personally, I'm not here to defend anyone's actions.  If the subject of the OP's vigilante crusade is guilty then the courts will take care of him.

My issue is with the OP's need to save the world by going after this guy. 

My point is, be careful that you don't confuse people's disdain for the actions of the OP for them defending the perv with the hidden video camera..... they are two different things.

Jan 28 11 08:44 am Link

Photographer

K E E L I N G

Peoria, Illinois, US

Photography by BE wrote:

The above is worthy of re-reading in it's entirety.

I do find it disheartening that the OP has been vilified.  Even though he may have been over zealous,  to make accusations about his (the OP) character are as bad as what the topic is about.     Some have found the OP guilty of various "crimes of intent" without any proof.  Then others jump on that wagon and start yelling.   Bring out the pitchforks and the torches;  storm the castle; kill the monster.

The only people in society that "we" as photographers will find guilty without all the facts are, law enforcement, political figures, religious people and doctors.

We can easily condemn every person in a particular group just by reading a news article, but we cannot believe a photographer is guilty until all the facts are in, and that is the way it should be.  I wish we could find that trait   within ourselves for everyone else.

There's only one or two people in this thread who have actually gone to the OP's page in an attempt to dig up dirt and use it against him..... and those one or two people have a history of it.  Unfortunately the OP hasn't been here long enough to know that those one or two people are worthy of being ignored.

I disagree with the OP's actions in this thread, but I do agree that his personal character is irrelevant to the issue.

Jan 28 11 08:47 am Link

Model

JoShyra

Newark, Delaware, US

Unique Imaging wrote:
Please read this and spread to others

He is a well known Fredericksburg, Va photographer. He was busted for video taping a model without her consent. The police arrested him and found other evidence of at least 17 more girls he did this to without their knowledge. So if you know someone who has shot with him or you yourself have shot with him I would be contacting the police in that area to see if one was you.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2011/012011/0127fr1

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-nude-film … 6950.story

I am confused, What about this post don't you agree with? Believe me, I really want to understand the argument here.

Jan 28 11 09:01 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Marxs

Denver, Colorado, US

You know what pisses me off? The fact that I created a thread just like this for someone abusing their power when working with models, and the thread got locked...So I tried putting it on my profile and I was told to take it down...

How can you tell one person to take theirs down and lock their thread if you aren't going to do it to everyone?

Jan 28 11 09:04 am Link

Photographer

Photography by BE

Midland, Texas, US

Unique Imaging wrote:
Please read this and spread to others

He is a well known Fredericksburg, Va photographer. He was busted for video taping a model without her consent. The police arrested him and found other evidence of at least 17 more girls he did this to without their knowledge. So if you know someone who has shot with him or you yourself have shot with him I would be contacting the police in that area to see if one was you.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2011/012011/0127fr1

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-nude-film … 6950.story

JoShyra wrote:
I am confused, What about this post don't you agree with? Believe me, I really want to understand the argument here.

I believe the way the OP was worded is what troubles me. The OP is telling everyone the photographer is for sure 100% guilty and to (as he says), spread the word.   Spread the word about what?  That the guy is guilty?  That is the part most problematic.

Now then, what if someone accused one of your friends, a photographer, of something and that person was arrested, but  had not had his day in court.  Would you feel thrilled if someone started yelling that they should spread the word about your friend being guilty?

In my opinion, a straight forward post with a link would have been enough to start a discussion. So, we have the OP who says for sure they guy is 100% guilty, because of a news report.    That is not a good thing, and now the OP is being vilified and his intentions are being questioned, another bad thing.

We do not know all the facts.  I have had acquaintances accused of various "crimes", and it  a sad thing to see how many people lined up against them before they had a chance to explain.

Jan 28 11 09:12 am Link

Model

JoShyra

Newark, Delaware, US

I guess you read it as a photographer and I read it as a model

I don't see anywhere in the post where he says he got all his information from a news report, I also know people who were arrested who were innocent, I also know people who were arrested and exonerated but were 100% guilty.

Where he got the info seems less important to me than if the info is true or not. It's amazing how so many people judge politicians, athletes, artists, entertainers so fast using only what we see/read/hear in the press but if someone writes something about a photographer, all of a sudden we need all the facts.

As a photographer, what about the original post bothers you most, is it because the alleged perpetrator has not been given his "day in court" or that he is a photographer who hasn't been given his "day in court". I'm sure your answer (and any others) will help me understand this issue better? thanks

Jan 28 11 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Photography by BE

Midland, Texas, US

JoShyra wrote:
I guess you read it as a photographer and I read it as a model

I don't see anywhere in the post where he says he got all his information from a news report, I also know people who were arrested who were innocent, I also know people who were arrested and exonerated but were 100% guilty.

Where he got the info seems less important to me than if the info is true or not. It's amazing how so many people judge politicians, athletes, artists, entertainers so fast using only what we see/read/hear in the press but if someone writes something about a photographer, all of a sudden we need all the facts.

As a photographer, what about the original post bothers you most, is it because the alleged perpetrator has not been given his "day in court" or that he is a photographer who hasn't been given his "day in court". I'm sure your answer (and any others) will help me understand this issue better? thanks

Then where did the OP get his information, if not from the news article?

The original post was about sending out a warning, and he gave links to two news reports.

The biggest problem is that the OP says the accused has been proven guilty ( I added bold text to that part).

Unique Imaging wrote:

How has the accused been proven guilty?  He has been charged, arrested,  out on bail, but not tried in a court of law.  Therefore he has not been proven guilty.  He might be, but he might not be.

It is not the fact that he is a photographer. I would feel the same way if it was a preacher who had been accused of sexual misconduct, or if he was a teacher , or anyone else.

Jan 28 11 09:47 am Link

Model

JoShyra

Newark, Delaware, US

Gotcha

Jan 28 11 09:53 am Link

Model

JoShyra

Newark, Delaware, US

I don't think it is too much of a stretch to say that if a Fredericksburg Police spokeswoman (Natatia Bledsoe) said police are investigating other possible violations by Faulkner and during a search of his home this week, police found evidence of other women who were apparently filmed without their consent and have identified 17 others so far.

I know you can't believe everything you hear/see, but I've seen folks buried for a lot less.

At this point, what should a model think? I think if my dentist was charged and arrested for filming himself undressing his patients while they were under anesthesia, and the police found videos of it in his office, I would probably not go back to him. Is that judging him? Yes; Is that unreasonable thinking? I don't think so.

No matter what his "perceived" motives are. I would like to thank the OP for sharing the information and adding one more thing for me to look out for. I hope this Information is helpful to someone and I hope that any photographers who were thinking about doing something like this thinks twice....or ten times.

Jan 28 11 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

Elizabeth Marxs wrote:
You know what pisses me off? The fact that I created a thread just like this for someone abusing their power when working with models, and the thread got locked...So I tried putting it on my profile and I was told to take it down...

How can you tell one person to take theirs down and lock their thread if you aren't going to do it to everyone?

Yours wasn't in the news.

Jan 28 11 10:32 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

My problem is that these kinds of things are being reported in the news more and more often.   I agree, the photographer in this case is innocent until proven guilty.  We should withhold judgment until the verdict.

The problem is that we know, for a fact, that they haven't all been found not guilty.   Whether some are ultimately aquitted, or not, it is bad for us all that they have been charged.  Guilty or innocent, we are all harmed the moment it is reported in the press.

Jan 28 11 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

JoShyra wrote:

This is why I hate these threads. The only thing these threads do is spread fear and suspicion in an industry forum. People are perverts, this one happen to be a photographer.

Jan 28 11 10:56 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Unique Imaging wrote:

Damn!           12 pics

I for one call bullshi%.   You posted three threads about this.   That's not
about informing that smells like a agenda.  If this man is guilty let
the police and courts do their jobs.   I don't think they need your help.
One thread was all that was needed.   If it was locked or removed petition
the Mods to reopen it.   

None of us knows for sure if he's guilty or innocent.   If found guilty he
may go to jail although, I suspect he may not but in any case innocent or
guilty his life will be ruined for years to come.   Lets say the police
are wrong.   What if the other models were wiling participants in all this?
Would you be as vigilant  in letting everyone know about his innocence.

Women who worked with the accused and lets be clear that's all he is.
Are concerned as they should be.   This is a big mess but its not your mess
to clean nor race around to tell everybody.  However you do win the
Fear Monger award of the month.

Jan 28 11 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

To Mr. OP ... sorry but I don't know what your name is and I did not find it searching your profile for the first time.  I'm also sorry if I am wrong in having challenged your motives.  You have a small number of posts on the forum here, and I really don't know you or your motives.  Sorry if I am mistaken in prejudging you.

Your first post in this thread was informative, and not overly presumptive about a man being arrested, however to start three threads on the same subject is against forum rules.  That goes for posting the same subject in different categories.  That is why your other threads were locked.  I appreciate your enthusiasm and concern for the models that may have been videotaped by this other photographer.  You have done well to put the "message" out there.  No longer will I will not question your motive about doing that.

However I find your recent and long post to be full of demeaning put downs and name calling;

Unique Imaging wrote:

How about listing alllllll of my lists if you are going to be pathetic enough to take the time and write down a few. If you are going to do something do it fully not just half assed.

Maybe if some people could stay on topic instead of acting like bunch of children and try to pull things out of thin air about what my motives were

That simple.. sorry to bust your derelict detective bubbles.

As I stated earlier AGAIN I'll be clear for the simpletons.

That is no way to get support for whatever cause you are putting out there.  So you got the word out in your first post.  The man was arrested and charged with Class 1 misdemeanors of taping someone without their permission.  It could be more or it could be nothing.  The police are investigating.  But then you post that he is "proven guilty" which is NOT true! 

My thing is that I'm against a rush to judgement.  On the thread that ran fast, long and furious about Amanda, the former model who allegedly killed a tattoo shop owner and robbed him with her boyfriend ... I defended her against all those who wrote as if she was already guilty as charged.  I had some communication with her and was going to shoot with her.  I was shocked by the allegations, but the evidence reported in the news about that incident is rather overwhelming.  I stopped defending her because it's a waste of my time.

There comes a point where you might consider if it's worth your time to defend yourself against people who don't even know you.  There is also a point where after you've put the "word out" as a community service about this other photographer that you need to let it go and not waste your time with it.  How is this really going to benefit you?  At some point in this discussion, you start to become a "white knight" which is term used to describe a man who is so focused on rescuing the damsels in distress that he doesn't see the forest for the trees.  I'm not embarrassed to admit that I've done my share of rescuing too!

Jan 28 11 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

C s p i n e wrote:

This is why I hate these threads. The only thing these threads do is spread fear and suspicion in an industry forum. People are perverts, this one happen to be a photographer.

I do agree that these sort of threads can be destructive to reputation and perpetuate harmful stereotypes.  However the alleged incident has not been proven to have occurred.  It's just one model making an accusation.  The "photographer" may or may not be guilty.  One thing for sure ... his name has been brought down and he will probably have a hard time getting models now even if he were to be found innocent.  It does not matter when many people pass judgement based on what they read.

Jan 28 11 01:23 pm Link