Forums > Model Colloquy > Ideal Model Weight/Measurements

Model

Liv Yelf

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Does anyone know what the ideal model weight/measurements are? Ive recently put on weight and i need to get down to a better size!

Mar 03 11 04:32 am Link

Model

marissa charles

London, England, United Kingdom

Liv Yelf wrote:
Does anyone know what the ideal model weight/measurements are? Ive recently put on weight and i need to get down to a better size!

Because of your height, you are not going to be of an ideal ''model'' weight or measurement, because the point of reference is for someone from 5'8 and up. xx

Mar 03 11 04:37 am Link

Model

Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia

Depends what kind of model your talking about.
But in general
Height: 5'9"( sometimes 5'8") to 5'11"

Bust: 31-34"

Waist: 22-24"

Hips: 31-35"

Mar 03 11 05:32 am Link

Model

Charlotte__

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

You're not tall enough to be a fashion model, so you're weight doesn't matter. Besides, it's all about sizes and measurements, not weight.

Mar 03 11 07:34 am Link

Model

Aswald

Detroit, Michigan, US

Charlotte Schmidt wrote:
You're not tall enough to be a fashion model, so you're weight doesn't matter. Besides, it's all about sizes and measurements, not weight.

this.

Mar 03 11 09:40 am Link

Model

E_V_A

Redondo Beach, California, US

From my understanding, the standard fashion model measurements are:
5'10
32A/B

But like said above, your height isn't grouped in with the high fashion model standard. Just make sure you are well proportioned smile

Mar 03 11 09:43 am Link

Model

Aswald

Detroit, Michigan, US

Miss Eva Marie  wrote:
From my understanding, the standard fashion model measurements are:
5'10
32A/B

But like said above, your height isn't grouped in with the high fashion model standard. Just make sure you are well proportioned smile

5'9 and above, me thinks but I could be wrong.

Mar 03 11 09:46 am Link

Model

E_V_A

Redondo Beach, California, US

Aswald wrote:
5'9 and above, me thinks but I could be wrong.

Yeah 5'9-5'11 is the standard, and the measurements stay the same I think. I'm pretty sure.

Mar 03 11 10:06 am Link

Model

Tori Long

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Liv Yelf wrote:

You're too short for fashion, so there are no ideal measurements to give you.

I will say the size you are in your photos is perfect for commercial modeling, which is a possibility for you to go after. 

You are too young for glamour etc, but if you go that route eventually your weight won't matter as much because curvy girls can do a bit better (although being a lot overweight can hurt you in that field as well).

Mar 03 11 02:38 pm Link

Model

Magda Kulpinska

Paris, Île-de-France, France

if you re not tall enough for fashion I'd say go with what you feel comfortable with.

Mar 03 11 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

To OP --

It depends what genre you want to focus on. I look for curvy models who have the approx. specifications: 36-40 Hips  26-30 waist  36-44 DD-GG chest  5'4-5'9 Height

Was this in regards to what models are looking for or photographers' preferences?

I prefer to shoot healthy models.

Gabby

Mar 03 11 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

5'9+
bust 34
waist 24
hip 34

Mar 03 11 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Wysiwyg Photography

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Liv Yelf wrote:

For who and what are you shooting?

As for what *I* shoot... (mostly artistic)

I don't have a "weight" preference... As long as you look good, we will shoot.

as for measurements.. as long as the waist is smaller than the bust and butt.. I'm good... No preference there either.

Mar 03 11 06:57 pm Link

Model

laowai

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

you're in a commercial category, so i would just say stay in good shape (toned, proportional) and try to make your measurements match a particular dress size like 4/6 or something.  that will make you more marketable.

Mar 03 11 07:36 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

laowai wrote:
you're in a commercial category, so i would just say stay in good shape (toned, proportional) and try to make your measurements match a particular dress size like 4/6 or something.  that will make you more marketable.

+1  If you get above a size 8 you will find yourself outside of the "size max" for some castings.  Also keep in mind that your market may function differently than others so talk to models/photogs/agencies where you're at and see what they think.

Mar 03 11 10:01 pm Link