This thread was locked on 2011-03-23 15:46:08
Forums > General Industry > Not Models? How offensive!

Model

Agenjo Bartholomew

Acres Green, Colorado, US

I just found pictures of myself and other amazing artists on this terrible website. Who do these "nodels" people think they are? I for one am very upset that my art is being thought of as a joke! They have a ton of pictures of other mayhem artists here as well. This is BS!
Here is the website link http://nodels.tumblr.com/

Mar 21 11 10:29 am Link

Model

Aswald

Detroit, Michigan, US

LOL. I

Mar 21 11 10:29 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i guess its kinda funny until you find your own work there....

then maybe not so much..

Mar 21 11 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Lighten up.  It's just someone's opinion.  I'm free to make my own and think that your image isn't bad at all.

And if you didn't smirk at at least one of those image, then you don't have any sense of humor at all.

Mar 21 11 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Fashion Photographer

London, England, United Kingdom

hahahhahahha that's the best site

Mar 21 11 10:38 am Link

Photographer

punkuate

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

This is awesome. *bookmarks*

Mar 21 11 10:43 am Link

Model

1 Peter C

Modesto, California, US

I guess that once something is on the Internet, it is fair game for anyone to poke fun at.

Mar 21 11 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Fashion Photographer

Post hidden on Mar 21, 2011 10:55 am
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
Let's not critique or make fun of other MM member's photos, OK?

Mar 21 11 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

Consider the mentality it takes to create, maintain, and/or participate in a forum/blog/site with the sole intention of insulting and mocking other people... all in relative obscurity.

Then take a deep breath. Perhaps log off the internet for a while. Take a walk. Have some fun. Kiss your kid/bf/gf/mom/dad/cat/dog/friend/stranger/etc. And try to ignore the trolls and asshats of the internet.

wink

Mar 21 11 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Model Mentor Studio

Saint Catharines-Niagara, Ontario, Canada

I have to say, I looked at many of those pics and thought,....WTF is that, anyway?

Mar 21 11 10:47 am Link

Photographer

HOTTIE SHOTS

Memphis, Tennessee, US

artmodel Peter C wrote:
I guess that once something is on the Internet, it is fair game for anyone to poke fun at.

Actually it is not.  I post the images on MM for people visiting MM to view.  I did not submit the St. Patrick's day shot they stole off my port here to their web site to display.  I will deal with them very soon.

Mar 21 11 10:48 am Link

Model

KariMarie

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Over the past year or two, there's been a rash of people setting up similar sites.  I find them pretty annoying, pointless, and juvenile, but there's not much to do but ignore them.  If somebody gets off on making fun of strangers on the internet, I can't stop them.

Mar 21 11 10:49 am Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Agenjo Bartholomew wrote:
I just found pictures of myself and other amazing artists on this terrible website. Who do these "nodels" people think they are? I for one am very upset that my art is being thought of as a joke! They have a ton of pictures of other mayhem artists here as well. This is BS!
Here is the website link http://nodels.tumblr.com/

*off to Facebook to post the link for hundreds more to see*

Mar 21 11 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Jerry Coleman  wrote:

Actually it is not.  I post the images on MM for people visiting MM to view.  I did not submit the St. Patrick's day shot they stole off my port here to their web site to display.  I will deal with them very soon.

More people are going to see your images.  Isn't that what we all want?

Mar 21 11 10:53 am Link

Photographer

punkuate

Jerry Coleman  wrote:

Just wondering why they would wear tartan for st patricks day?

Mar 21 11 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Cold Hotel

Washington, District of Columbia, US

It's actually a violation of copyright for anyone to use your images without permission.  If you don't want your pictures up on someone's site, email them and tell them to take them down.  If you notice, every time you post an image on MM, there's a field allowing you to indicate who the copyright holder is.  The moment you create an image, it becomes copyright-protected under U.S. law.  An image to which you hold the copyright is your property, and people who use it without your express permission are violating the law, with the potential for monetary damages.

Mar 21 11 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Keith Allen Phillips

Pensacola, Florida, US

I don't care what any of you say, there's some funny shit on there and if you get butthurt over having some of your stuff show up there you need to grow a sense of humor. Hell, I might submit some of my own just to see what kind of captions they come up with.

Mar 21 11 11:00 am Link

Photographer

DoubleDare Studios

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, US

It looks to me as though the OP is advertising a website rather than complaining about one. I mean, had it been me, I wouldn't have posted the link to it...just sayin'...

Mar 21 11 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Fashion Photographer

hmm, didn't know that the pic I posted was by a MM member sad Sorry!

Mar 21 11 11:04 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Like most of these sites, it's not all bad modeling, some of it is just bad photography.

I'm always surprised I never come across any of my images on any of them.

Mar 21 11 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

DoubleDare Studios wrote:
It looks to me as though the OP is advertising a website rather than complaining about one. I mean, had it been me, I wouldn't have posted the link to it...just sayin'...

You raise an interesting point.

Hey guys... someone stole my pic and put it on an obscure and irrelevant Tumblr feed.  So, I'm coming onto the largest photographer/model site I can think of to show you where it is.  Be sure to look at it to see if they stole any of your shots.

OP, you've done nothing but ensure that his hit and follow count is going to go through the roof for the next several days as this bounces around MM and Facebook.

well done.

The end result, BEST CASE scenario, is he has to abandon his free Tumblr feed and probably start another one next week.

Mar 21 11 11:06 am Link

Photographer

punkuate

David-Thomas wrote:
hmm, didn't know that the pic I posted was by a MM member sad Sorry!

It was hilarious tho... the photo wasn't bad, the caption made it REALLY funny.

Mar 21 11 11:08 am Link

Photographer

DoubleDare Studios

Good Egg Productions wrote:

Hey guys... someone stole my pic and put it on an obscure and irrelevant Tumblr feed.  So, I'm coming onto the largest photographer/model site I can think of to show you where it is.  Be sure to look at it to see if they stole any of your shots.

OP, you've done nothing but ensure that his hit and follow count is going to go through the roof for the next several days as this bounces around MM and Facebook.

well done.

The end result, BEST CASE scenario, is he has to abandon his free Tumblr feed and probably start another one next week.

Well, if you look at the OP's profile he/she joined yesterday and now, DRAMA! OOooooooo...

Mar 21 11 11:09 am Link

Model

Jess Robinson

San Jose, California, US

Yeah...this.

Profile created yesterday and already their pics have made it to a smear site - not buying.

But - funny stuff!!

Mar 21 11 11:09 am Link

Photographer

TrianglePhoto

Chicago, Illinois, US

Well, they might be able to make the argument of fair use. Displaying a portion of a work (or in some cases a complete work) for purpose of parody or critique is considered fair use under US copyright law. They could make the argument that making fun of a work is in fact a critique or commentary on the work.

Whether this site meets that bar would likely be up to the courts to decide (or the hosting site in the case of a DMCA takedown request...).

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_a … /chapter9/

Mar 21 11 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

well done.

It's certainly given me something entertaining to watch that I hadn't known about, now I have to follow it just to see if (when) it goes away. And no I don't think they should be doing it, they're quite naughty and I'll sign a petition protesting this sort of thing.

Mar 21 11 11:13 am Link

Photographer

KC King

Brea, California, US

I like the term, but shouldn't it be NOTels? Ha ha ha

Mar 21 11 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

I feel kind of ripped off, none of my stuff is on the site. I guess that is a good thing though, considering some of the comments. I hope the guy isn't reading this thread. I'll leave quietly now.
-Don

Mar 21 11 11:14 am Link

Photographer

504 Photography

Glendale, California, US

I didnt see any of my work there....

I am not sure if I should be relieved or insulted...  Hmm...

Mar 21 11 11:15 am Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

punkuate wrote:

lol

Mar 21 11 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Tom Linkens

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

S W I N S K E Y wrote:
i guess its kinda funny until you find your own work there....

then maybe not so much..

That the guy with the strategically placed box of french fries isn't my work made me happy, and is more than a little bit funny IMO. That'd have to be just a little bit into "Christmas file" territory.

Mar 21 11 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

punkuate wrote:

Scottish, Irish... same thing.

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Jamil Nasir wrote:
It's actually a violation of copyright for anyone to use your images without permission.

This is incorrect. Please do not give inaccurate legal advice.

You may find, if you do a little research, that such sites likely fall under the doctrine of "fair use" as they are making commentary on the images.

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Keith Allen Phillips wrote:
I don't care what any of you say, there's some funny shit on there and if you get butthurt over having some of your stuff show up there you need to grow a sense of humor. Hell, I might submit some of my own just to see what kind of captions they come up with.

Ha! I have a feeling they would LOVE you, Keith. :-)

Mar 21 11 11:24 am Link

Model

Agenjo Bartholomew

Well, if you look at the OP's profile he/she joined yesterday and now, DRAMA! OOooooooo...

I had another mayhem account that I lost the email password to. I am trying to get back into modeling after having a baby so I created this new one and just got approved yesterday. It is sheer coincidence that I found this "nodels" site the same day!

Mar 21 11 11:25 am Link

Photographer

punkuate

Top o' the mornin' to ya.

/bad Irish impression.

Mar 21 11 11:26 am Link

Photographer

DoubleDare Studios

Agenjo Bartholomew wrote:

I had another mayhem account that I lost the email password to. I am trying to get back into modeling after having a baby so I created this new one and just got approved yesterday. It is sheer coincidence that I found this "nodels" site the same day!

I'm sure it is...

Mar 21 11 11:27 am Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

The Woodlands, Texas, US

yikes  Take it BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!  cool

https://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/1880f8f9_2cda_b873.gif

Mar 21 11 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Don Garrett wrote:
I feel kind of ripped off, none of my stuff is on the site. I guess that is a good thing though, considering some of the comments. I hope the guy isn't reading this thread. I'll leave quietly now.
-Don

It's likely that they started this thread. :-)

Mar 21 11 11:29 am Link

Model

Agenjo Bartholomew

I'm sure it is...

You don't have to believe me, I don't care if you do or not. I just wanted other artists to be aware that their work was being made a joke.

Mar 21 11 11:29 am Link