Forums > Model Colloquy > plus size model in Playboy!

Model

Carmen Mia

New York, New York, US

chitownmodel09 wrote:
that's what i was confused about I'm 5'8 and my hips are 38" I wear a 10 or bigger depending on the jeans

What you wear in the store is very different than the size you actually are.

I wear a size 6 in jeans. As a fit model, I fit a size 8 perfectly. I can even zip up a size 6 in fit.

My hips are 38.5".

Apr 04 11 09:15 am Link

Model

QuietAsKept

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Daniela Victoria wrote:

I find the International Editions to be much better than the American version. The women are more diverse, curvier and have a sultry look to them. Not to say there aren't beautiful women in the American version, but the type of women I like to see in Playboy frequently are in French, Italian, or something other than American Playboy.

French Playboy is one of my personal favs.

Apr 04 11 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Marianne Michaela wrote:
I don't know why exactly but this makes me very happy big_smile

Brazilian plus size model Fluvia Lacerda in playboy Brazil!
https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liz4agdOrg1qgbaad.jpg

good for her smile

has this happened before? a plus size model in playboy (and I don't mean some random fat chick, I mean really a plus size model)

I guess we've forgotten Marilynn Monroe? She was not only the cover girl but the centerfold for the very first issue of Playboy.

Apr 04 11 12:13 pm Link

Model

RebeccaW

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Isaiah Brink wrote:

I guess we've forgotten Marilynn Monroe? She was not only the cover girl but the centerfold for the very first issue of Playboy.

*sigh* Mr. Brink, please read this entire thread lol

Apr 04 11 12:22 pm Link

Model

RebeccaW

Dan Hudson wrote:

Rebeca... Do not listen to bullying ... I would love to shoot with you (60's & 70's style Playboy and Pin-up) any day of the week!!!

OOOh sexy. like bridgett bardeau (sp?) style. very nice.

Apr 04 11 12:24 pm Link

Model

Michele Chevere

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Just goes to show how the industry is metamorphosing once again! The average person is getting heavier by the decade so this shows how we should accept every person for their beauty small or big. You go girl!

Apr 04 11 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Rebecca B wrote:

*sigh* Mr. Brink, please read this entire thread lol

Uggghh get over it. Is the world a worse place because I posted that? If you say yes, you live in an excessively fragile world incapeable of life in any form. And speaking of life, ever find it interesting how some people don't seem to have one and inssist on going on a tyrant and arguing with people in the fourms here? I do

Apr 04 11 12:37 pm Link

Model

RebeccaW

Isaiah Brink wrote:

Uggghh get over it. Is the world a worse place because I posted that? If you say yes, you live in an excessively fragile world incapeable of life in any form. And speaking of life, ever find it interesting how some people don't seem to have one and inssist on going on a tyrant and arguing with people in the fourms here? I do

whoa. calm down.i was just letting you know we talked about it already. If I came across as being irritated, I apologize b/c I was in no way at all. Have a good day.

Apr 04 11 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Los Angeles, California, US

Isaiah Brink wrote:

https://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/up_in_this_thread.gif

Apr 04 11 12:49 pm Link

Model

Carmen Mia

New York, New York, US

Nadirah B wrote:
https://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/up_in_this_thread.gif

lol

Apr 04 11 04:32 pm Link

Model

Carmen Mia

New York, New York, US

Isaiah Brink wrote:

Stick, meet ass.

Apr 04 11 04:32 pm Link

Model

Fur Elise

Seattle, Washington, US

Nadirah B wrote:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st15106519

There will always be people to use as examples and comparisons... thems the breaks of having iconic celebrity figures.

Apr 05 11 10:13 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

Isaiah Brink wrote:

okay, let's assume for a second that marilyn could be considered a plus size model at one point in her career (which is not the case, for various reasons). But I think we can all agree that she was definitely not plus size in that particular plus size issue, so it's really not an argument.

really, I love marilyn, but this thread is about fluvia making it into playboy smile

Apr 05 11 10:43 am Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Langley, British Columbia, Canada

Yay Fluvia!!!

Apr 05 11 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Marianne Michaela wrote:
I don't know why exactly but this makes me very happy big_smile

Brazilian plus size model Fluvia Lacerda in playboy Brazil!
https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liz4agdOrg1qgbaad.jpg

good for her smile

has this happened before? a plus size model in playboy (and I don't mean some random fat chick, I mean really a plus size model)

The standards of Playboy in foreign editions are VASTLY different than their US counterpart.

Apr 05 11 03:38 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Farenell Photography wrote:

The standards of Playboy in foreign editions are VASTLY different than their US counterpart.

oh that's definitely true. for instance, in belgium, we prefer a more natural look smile. different people like different things I guess... we haven't had a plus model here yet, but maybe things will change the next couple of years!

Apr 05 11 03:42 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Marianne Michaela wrote:

oh that's definitely true. for instance, in belgium, we prefer a more natural look smile. different people like different things I guess... we haven't had a plus model here yet, but maybe things will change the next couple of years!

I prefer the standards of Playboy in other countries other than America.

I love Playboy USA, but plastic and rail thin gets boring sometime. I wish they would publish more of what we see in International Editions, but maybe that's not what Americans want....

Apr 05 11 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Marianne Michaela wrote:

okay, let's assume for a second that marilyn could be considered a plus size model at one point in her career (which is not the case, for various reasons). But I think we can all agree that she was definitely not plus size in that particular plus size issue, so it's really not an argument.

really, I love marilyn, but this thread is about fluvia making it into playboy smile

Really????? Monroe is/was a plus sized model by the standards at the time and todays standards, that's just the tale of the tape measure.  Flauva is one too. I'm not sure what qualifies a plus sized model to you, but those are your standards not everybody else's. Did you know that after it was proved that the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way around, people still thought the sun revolved around the earth, an Rey were right in their own minds and like minded people, still wrong though. Take care and if the lady that appeared in playboy brazil was participating in this thread I'd congratulate her for doing so.

Apr 06 11 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Carlos Occidental

I don't know.  American Playboy is not doing very well.  Maybe, if they had a bit more variety, it wouldn't be doing so poorly.

Apr 06 11 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Daniela Victoria wrote:

I prefer the standards of Playboy in other countries other than America.

I love Playboy USA, but plastic and rail thin gets boring sometime. I wish they would publish more of what we see in International Editions, but maybe that's not what Americans want....

Wow that's one condnation from a former Playboy USA model. One thing thats been constant here in America is that we DON'T do things like the rest of the world, it's he other way around. Do you think the people on the mayflower came over here to be like Europeans? Nope, that's why they left Europe. Do you think the indigenous people here wanted to be like their ancestors? Nope, that's why hey migrated away from them to here.

Apr 06 11 08:55 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Isaiah Brink wrote:
Really????? Monroe is/was a plus sized model by the standards at the time and todays standards, that's just the tale of the tape measure.  Flauva is one too. I'm not sure what qualifies a plus sized model to you, but those are your standards not everybody else's. Did you know that after it was proved that the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way around, people still thought the sun revolved around the earth, an Rey were right in their own minds and like minded people, still wrong though. Take care and if the lady that appeared in playboy brazil was participating in this thread I'd congratulate her for doing so.

even if you complete forget the size debate, then it would be her height that doesn't make her a plus size model by today's standards. she was a gorgeous and very curvacious woman. really, I don't know why this is such a big deal...

Apr 06 11 08:55 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Isaiah Brink wrote:

Wow that's one condnation from a former Playboy USA model. One thing thats been constant here in America is that we DON'T do things like the rest of the world, it's he other way around. Do you think the people on the mayflower came over here to be like Europeans? Nope, that's why they left Europe. Do you think the indigenous people here wanted to be like their ancestors? Nope, that's why hey migrated away from them to here.

extremely weird comparisons... different people like different things, different cultures find different things attractive. playboy has to differentiate to fit the needs of the culture it is targetting. that's basic marketing, it has nothing to do the mayflower big_smile

Apr 06 11 08:57 am Link

Model

Carmen Mia

New York, New York, US

Isaiah Brink wrote:

Oh my Lord and Taylor.....

Apr 06 11 09:39 am Link

Model

Carmen Mia

New York, New York, US

Isaiah Brink wrote:

What's a "condnation"?

So, because I was in USA Playboy, I should like them more than the other ones?

Yes, we don't do things like the rest of the world...maybe we should once in awhile. Sorry but Playboy USA, in my opinion, while beautiful, does not compare to the women I've seen in International Editions. I'm sure part of the reason is because what American men find attractive is not the same as what other men in other countries find attractive.

You sound like an ass in this whole entire thread. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. I think that ethnic women, and women from say...oh I don't know, Brazil, are much more beautiful than American women. I gravitate towards natural, curves, sultriness- and that is present more in the International Editions than the USA Playboy.

Let people have their own opinions.

Apr 06 11 09:43 am Link

Model

V I C T O R I A

Daniela Victoria wrote:

I find the International Editions to be much better than the American version. The women are more diverse, curvier and have a sultry look to them. Not to say there aren't beautiful women in the American version, but the type of women I like to see in Playboy frequently are in French, Italian, or something other than American Playboy.

YES! Totally agree with this DV!

Apr 06 11 09:44 am Link

Model

Carmen Mia

New York, New York, US

Marianne Michaela wrote:

even if you complete forget the size debate, then it would be her height that doesn't make her a plus size model by today's standards. she was a gorgeous and very curvacious woman. really, I don't know why this is such a big deal...

It's a big deal because this guy is a stubborn tool. I feel bad for his significant other if he has one.

Apr 06 11 09:44 am Link

Model

QuietAsKept

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Marianne Michaela wrote:

extremely weird comparisons... different people like different things, different cultures find different things attractive. playboy has to differentiate to fit the needs of the culture it is targetting. that's basic marketing, it has nothing to do the mayflower big_smile

+1

Apr 06 11 09:48 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Miss "K" is thinkin' of submitting to PB, I told her ta go ahead and send away  .  .  .  ya never know what they're lookin' for, or when  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/1 … 8f73_m.jpg  18+

.  .  .  she's in great shape, is curvy, and a hoot ta shoot with  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Apr 06 11 10:29 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Michael Bots wrote:

Fluvia Lacerda
Height: 5’8” / 172 cm
Size: European 48 (US 16?)
Measurements: 43-35-48” / 109-89-122 cm

Lots of photos at   
http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/hot-models … cerda.html

and of course Google image search --

https://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/fluvianewjul08-int1-2.jpg

I thought this had somethin' ta do with "scurvy"  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Apr 06 11 10:33 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

sosdezign wrote:
Miss "K" is thinkin' of submitting to PB, I told her ta go ahead and send away  .  .  .  ya never know what they're lookin' for, or when  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/1 … 8f73_m.jpg  18+

.  .  .  she's in great shape, is curvy, and a hoot ta shoot with  .  .  .  wink

SOS

her body is perfect to me, gorgeous sexy woman!

Apr 06 11 10:56 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Marianne Michaela wrote:

her body is perfect to me, gorgeous sexy woman!

Couldn't agree more, she also has a very supportive husband, so I guess it's her call at this point  .  .  . 

SOS

Apr 06 11 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

sosdezign wrote:

I thought this had somethin' ta do with "scurvy"  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Ugh why would some one pay money to buy a photo of a plump woman like this when the next magazine has some rare exquisite slender beauty?  I hate that this culture celebrates undisciplined  over eaters

Apr 06 11 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

Miss Anthrope 1007 wrote:

It's definitely easy to see why they used her in their mag ;-)

BOTERO

Apr 06 11 11:16 pm Link

Model

Kerosene Deluxe

Langley, British Columbia, Canada

Mark wrote:

Ugh why would some one pay money to buy a photo of a plump woman like this when the next magazine has some rare exquisite slender beauty?  I hate that this culture celebrates undisciplined  over eaters

oh geez......Here we go again..

Apr 06 11 11:44 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Cherilyn Fontaine wrote:

Marilyn wore an 8 at her smallest and darn near a 16 at her biggest and her dresses and measurements are on display as proof to her stats...or just use the internet smile
xoxo

It's called vanity sizing, love.

At her smallest she had a 23 inch waist, which many size 0 (US) girls have. Granted, her boobs and hips would have kept her from ever being a size 0, but she was NOT an 8 at her smallest.

Apr 06 11 11:49 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Mark wrote:

look, you are entitled to your opinion, and it is obvious different men like different bodytypes. I'm not under the illusion that every man on the planet will think Fluvia is hot.

But the people at playboy are not idiots either, it's not like they said "you know what? let's put a plus size model in there, we'll see how it goes". if they thought it would affect their salesnumbers in a negative way, they would not have done it.

so okay, you don't like this bodytype, and you would not buy this playboy because of it. that's perfectly fine. But this is a thread to celebrate that this woman made it into playboy, and the way you voiced your opinion was rude.

why come across as an unintelligent ass, when you could have just as easily said nothing?

Apr 07 11 01:52 am Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Marianne Michaela wrote:

look, you are entitled to your opinion, and it is obvious different men like different bodytypes. I'm not under the illusion that every man on the planet will think Fluvia is hot.

But the people at playboy are not idiots either, it's not like they said "you know what? let's put a plus size model in there, we'll see how it goes". if they thought it would affect their salesnumbers in a negative way, they would not have done it.

so okay, you don't like this bodytype, and you would not buy this playboy because of it. that's perfectly fine. But this is a thread to celebrate that this woman made it into playboy, and the way you voiced your opinion was rude.

why come across as an unintelligent ass, when you could have just as easily said nothing?

Because it's the easiest way for us to tell who we do and don't want to work with. wink

Apr 07 11 02:06 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

K I C K H A M wrote:

Because it's the easiest way for us to tell who we do and don't want to work with. wink

there are other threads for that big_smile. or put it up on your profile.
it would be like walking into one of the many threads about cats here on mayhem and saying "I hate cats. cats are stupid and disgusting. why buy a cat when you can get an awesome dog?". I mean, come on, it's a thread about cats, if you don't like cats that's fine, but there's no need in posting that. go post in one of the dog threads big_smile

Apr 07 11 02:59 am Link

Photographer

New Kidd Imagery

South Salt Lake, Utah, US

Mark wrote:

Are you a troll?

I mean.. it sure sounds like it.

one can be curvy and plump without over eating.. And to answer your question... *I* would buy this edition of Playboy many more (as stated in this thread) would too.

ETA:
Did she get naked in Playboy?
I am sure people think that's a "dumb question" but it wouldn't be the first time Playboy used a model and negotiated "implieds only" (e.g. Heidi Pratt)

So I was wondering if she was another "exception to the rule".

Apr 07 11 05:10 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Fiera Photography wrote:

Are you a troll?

I mean.. it sure sounds like it.

one can be curvy and plump without over eating.. And to answer your question... *I* would buy this edition of Playboy many more (as stated in this thread) would too.

ETA:
Did she get naked in Playboy?
I am sure people think that's a "dumb question" but it wouldn't be the first time Playboy used a model and negotiated "implieds only" (e.g. Heidi Pratt)

So I was wondering if she was another "exception to the rule".

I have no idea actually. i've been looking for other pictures, but maybe it's just the one. I have the model on my facebook, maybe I could ask her smile

Apr 07 11 06:47 am Link