Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Working at INGLOT

Makeup Artist

Tammy Kayler Make-up

Guildford, England, United Kingdom

Hi All, 

Ive just been lucky enough to get at job at Inglot in westfeild, london. (I cant wait to start my first shift tomorrow!!)

the reason I cam by is mainly becuase I know everyone has tones of questions, and here in the uk its hard to get the info from our own shop, we usually get the info from america's shops or irelands, and as great as the info is, all the currency etc can be confusing   so......

is there anything you guys want to know about the english INGLOT that I could come back and hopefully help you out?!

Thanks,

Tammy

p.s   come by and say hi if your around big_smile

May 02 11 12:43 am Link

Makeup Artist

MattisJ

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Would it be possible to ship some stuff to sweden? smile

May 02 11 01:54 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tammy Kayler Make-up

MattisJ wrote:
Would it be possible to ship some stuff to sweden? smile

HI!

Does sweden have an Inglot? if so you can call the store and order over the phone for delivery from the store, even if its not near you.
if not... hmm.. maybe try asking on the inglot website if they will ship?

May 02 11 02:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

MattisJ

No hmm Hopefully we get one soon so I can try and get a job there!

Okey thanks anyway smile

May 02 11 02:58 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tammy Kayler Make-up

MattisJ wrote:
No hmm Hopefully we get one soon so I can try and get a job there!

Okey thanks anyway smile

no problem, good luck if they come to you!!  you could use the contact part of the inglot website and ask if they have plans to make one..then you could be one of the first to apply!

May 02 11 03:48 am Link

Makeup Artist

MattisJ

Yeah I tried that once a long time ago, no reply! But they're opening in Denmark, thats close so perhaps one is on it's way! big_smile

May 02 11 04:17 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Tammy Kayler Make-up wrote:
Hi All, 

Ive just been lucky enough to get at job at Inglot in westfeild, london. (I cant wait to start my first shift tomorrow!!)

the reason I cam by is mainly becuase I know everyone has tones of questions, and here in the uk its hard to get the info from our own shop, we usually get the info from america's shops or irelands, and as great as the info is, all the currency etc can be confusing   so......

is there anything you guys want to know about the english INGLOT that I could come back and hopefully help you out?!

Thanks,

Tammy

I do have a question.... Why don't they answer their emails?

May 03 11 12:41 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dee LaBee MUA

Omaha, Nebraska, US

I got them to answer one e-mail... but the next one I've been waiting awhile.
Of course the 1st one was about a professional discount and the second was about store openings around the US...because Omaha REALLY needs a good quality makeup store...there is NOTHING here, everybody must order from wherever!

May 03 11 01:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tammy Kayler Make-up

Cant really help in terms of emails, its all dealt with in head office (in poland)   but ive send in 1-2 emails about various things and I had mine answered. you could call your local store of the phone and maybe that will help?  we had a few people ring in yesterday and we was able to help them that way.

May 04 11 01:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

Marie Harder

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

What is Inglot's best or most popular MUA product?
I've only ever bought their nail polish!

May 08 11 07:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

NataliaNY

New York, New York, US

Very pigmented eyeshadows (beautiful colors and blend very well). I love them.

May 09 11 05:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

Donna Cooper - MUA

Allen, Texas, US

mindfulmakeup wrote:
I got them to answer one e-mail... but the next one I've been waiting awhile.
Of course the 1st one was about a professional discount and the second was about store openings around the US...because Omaha REALLY needs a good quality makeup store...there is NOTHING here, everybody must order from wherever!

LOL, I asked them about a discount as well.  They responded saying they offered one, but didn't offer any information on how to apply.  So I sent another email requesting how to apply, and I've never gotten a response sad

May 09 11 06:37 am Link

Makeup Artist

Catherine Crump

Dana Point, California, US

I believe their pro cards are offered in-store only.  I got one!
If you don't have a store closeby, you might be out of luck - I find their website to be not-so-hot.

May 09 11 08:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

Dee LaBee MUA

Omaha, Nebraska, US

Makeup by Donna Cooper wrote:
LOL, I asked them about a discount as well.  They responded saying they offered one, but didn't offer any information on how to apply.  So I sent another email requesting how to apply, and I've never gotten a response sad

I e-mailed them my credentials for the professional discount, and someone named Elba responded within 2 days, she gave me a phone number and let me know that I would have to make a phone order to get the discount. Hope that helps!

May 09 11 01:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tai MUA

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Welcome to family.

May 09 11 06:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tammy Kayler Make-up

Makeup by Donna Cooper wrote:

hi smile   im in the Uk so im not sure how it works over there, but, i belive its all the same, if you bring in a buisness card with your website on it or a cosmetic licence/make-up school certificate you can get a discount card which gets you (in english pounds) 20% off in store and 30% off the freedom system, im afraid i dont know what they do on the websites as you cant order online in the uk yet so we dont have a system im place for that. I hope that helped in some way?
perhaps you could call a store close to you and ask how they do it for online ordering?

May 11 11 12:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tammy Kayler Make-up

Marie Harder wrote:
What is Inglot's best or most popular MUA product?
I've only ever bought their nail polish!

hi smile

the best sellers are the freedom system, (mostly the eyeshadows, lipsticks, concealers)

brushes (1SS , 27TG , 21T , 4SS, 6SS, 80HP, 31T, 12S  are good sellers)

foundations - (the ones in the white bottle with black lids) and the AMC cream foundation - many shades)

under make-up base

duraline (fab product - you can make any eyeshadow powder into a waterproof gel liner with a drop of this product)

hope that helps?!

May 11 11 12:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tammy Kayler Make-up

Tai MUA wrote:
Welcome to family.

thank you!

May 11 11 12:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MattisJ

hi smile   im in the Uk so im not sure how it works over there, but, i belive its all the same, if you bring in a buisness card with your website on it or a cosmetic licence/make-up school certificate you can get a discount card which gets you (in english pounds) 20% off in store and 30% off the freedom system, im afraid i dont know what they do on the websites as you cant order online in the uk yet so we dont have a system im place for that. I hope that helped in some way?
perhaps you could call a store close to you and ask how they do it for online ordering?

So I just had tickets for London booked for the beginning of July so I'll come and visit your store, and I was wondering if I need to make a paper copy of my mua certificate or if a highresolution photo works for the discount card?
Thanks
smile

May 12 11 11:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tammy Kayler Make-up

Great I hope to see you soon then! just bring your certificate and we will photocopy it at the store, or even just a buisness card with your website on it will be enough and you'll be entitled for 20% off in store and 30% off the freedom system. hope that helps!

May 16 11 06:00 am Link

Makeup Artist

MattisJ

Okey then thank you!
smile

May 16 11 08:28 am Link

Makeup Artist

Kisa - Makeup Artist

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I had an interview at the Inglot here in Malta. Unfortunately they had no positions going for the moment but have kept me on file. Kinda bummed me out sad

May 17 11 01:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup Artist Jlindo

BRONX, New York, US

I live in NYC I've been doing makeup for over 2years now, however I have been applying to get  a job with Inglot cosmetics stores in NYcity! how can get faster

Jun 17 12 10:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tai MUA

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I used to work with them. Now I work with MUFE.

Jun 17 12 11:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tai MUA

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Congrats! I used to work with them. Now I work with MUFE.

Jun 17 12 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

S de Varax

London, England, United Kingdom

why is inglot australia 5 times more expensive than inglot anywhere else sad

Jun 18 12 02:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

JennJennMUA

Hiya!

I have sent emails rgarding getting a job there, never ever had a response! I went into the store, and they told me to go online sad

How did you get a job at Inglot? and also, what is their hourly rate?

Thanks a bunch!

Jennifer.

Aug 16 12 08:50 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I love Inglot. smile

Aug 16 12 09:09 am Link

Makeup Artist

SmashinBeauty

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia

NataliaNY wrote:
Very pigmented eyeshadows (beautiful colors and blend very well). I love them.

I agree big_smile am getting a new palette this week big_smile

Aug 17 12 05:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

S de Varax wrote:
why is inglot australia 5 times more expensive than inglot anywhere else sad

all makeup in Australia is much more expensive...I have no idea why but I do know it's true... A lot of my store customers are from Australia...they always go on an on about how much cheaper we are here.... And as long as they stay under $1,000.00 there are no customs charges...  I have no idea how cosmetics companies stay in business there.
Mary
www.CameraReadyCosmetics.com

Aug 17 12 06:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jass_MUA

Hi All, 

Thanks,

Tammy

Hey tammy!! I know this is a bit of a delayed response but I have an inglot interview coming up for the new inglot store and was wondering how the interview process goes? So far I'm aware that two people will be interviewing me including the store manager.. Any tips to impress? Thank you
Xx

Jun 22 14 03:19 am Link