Forums > General Industry > What's the going hourly rate for artistic nudes?

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It's been fun. Thanks for the feeback. smile

Aug 23 11 07:14 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Depends on her market and what people are willing to offer her. Generally between $50 and $100 an hour.

Aug 23 11 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Brett Vincent wrote:
A female model friend of mine was asking me what the going hourly rate was to charge for artistic, glamour nudes. She's moderately experienced, very attractive and has a gorgeous body, not just an average girl looking to take her clothes off for cash. Anyone give me an idea of hourly and/or minimums that she should ask for? Thanks.

My advice would be to have her open a MM account & find out smile

Aug 23 11 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Le Art Nude

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Looking good and being a model worth paying for a shoot are two different things . She may need to pay to get images good enough to get into nude modeling.

I have met a lot of good looking females who are not even close to ever being a model.

Aug 23 11 07:30 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Le Art Nude wrote:
Looking good and being a model worth paying for a shoot are two different things . She may need to pay to get images good enough to get into nude modeling.

I have met a lot of good looking females who are not even close to ever being a model.

She's Kira MM #2298330   I guess you can be the judge if you feel like she's "worthy" of being compensated. But, thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Aug 23 11 07:39 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Images by MR wrote:

My advice would be to have her open a MM account & find out smile

Thanks. Yes, she already has an MM account. That is why she was wondering how she respond to photographers who had emailed her asking her what her rates were. So...yep. thank you. smile

Aug 23 11 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Wysiwyg Photography

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

In Utah it's anywhere between $25/hr to $60/hr...

Aug 23 11 07:42 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Brett Vincent wrote:

Thanks. Yes, she already has an MM account. That is why she was wondering how she respond to photographers who had emailed her asking her what her rates were. So...yep. thank you. smile

It would've probably been more appropriate for her to ask for herself. smile I'm sure she's a big girl.

Aug 23 11 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

It would've probably been more appropriate for her to ask for herself. smile I'm sure she's a big girl.

^^THIS^^

Aug 23 11 07:46 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

Thank you for your feedback....if you really need to know...yes, she is a "big girl" smile But she's from Australia and a friend of the family and she's considering coming to the States to do some modeling and she asked me as a favor to help her with all of it. So, I wanted to find out what the going rate was here in the States in comparison to what she was getting in compensation there. smile

Aug 23 11 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Brett Vincent wrote:

Thank you for your feedback....if you really need to know...yes, she is a "big girl" smile But she's from Australia and a friend of the family and she's considering coming to the States to do some modeling and she asked me as a favor to help her with all of it. So, I wanted to find out what the going rate was here in the States in comparison to what she was getting in compensation there. smile

Are you going to be her manager ?/

Aug 23 11 07:50 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Images by MR wrote:

Are you going to be her manager ?/

I'm not sure "manager" is the term I would used, I'm more just keeping an eye out for her well being, considering she's never traveled here before, that's all. But, sure if you would like to shoot her, email me and we'll talk. smile haha!

Aug 23 11 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

Exactly. She's gorgeous...but also in Australia, the market there will be different than in Los Angeles for example.

Why didn't she post here?

Aug 23 11 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Brett Vincent wrote:

The going rate is zero unless she gets a work visa. Otherwise her ass will get shipped back to Australia and she'll be barred from entering the US again for a long time.

Aug 23 11 07:54 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Brett Vincent wrote:

I'm not sure "manager" is the term I would used, I'm more just keeping an eye out for her well being, considering she's never traveled here before, that's all. But, sure if you would like to shoot her, email me and we'll talk. smile haha!

I've never traveled to Nevada before, but I will be in a month. Can you watch out for my well being as well?

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Brett Vincent wrote:

That's ok over on OMP...not so much here. neutral

Photographer

AaronPawlak

New York, New York, US

Brett Vincent wrote:

You just told the world she is trying to work in the USA and is from Australia.
Does she have the work visa to do that legally?

Aug 23 11 07:55 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lumigraphics wrote:

The going rate is zero unless she gets a work visa. Otherwise her ass will get shipped back to Australia and she'll be barred from entering the US again for a long time.

Haha! obviously....you haven't been to southern california for a long while. smile

Aug 23 11 07:56 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Brett Vincent wrote:

Haha! obviously....you haven't been to southern california for a long while. smile

There's a difference between getting away with it, and announcing to the world you're going to be doing something illegal.

Aug 23 11 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

AaronPawlak

New York, New York, US

Lumigraphics wrote:

Doing it and getting caught are 2 different things.
The op has put a link to who he's talking about.

Aug 23 11 07:57 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

AaronPawlak wrote:

I don't think MM would be considered the "world" haha! But, what I said was...."she's considering.....". Obviously, work visa wouldn't be obtained until she knew she had some actual real interest in photographers compensation here for her time here. But...thanks for the feeback. smile

Aug 23 11 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

AaronPawlak

New York, New York, US

Lumigraphics wrote:

Brett Vincent wrote:

Don't incriminate your friend.

Aug 23 11 07:58 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

I've never traveled to Nevada before, but I will be in a month. Can you watch out for my well being as well?

Haha...sure Elizabeth. I'd be happy to. smile And I'm sure you'd have a great time here in Vegas.

Aug 23 11 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

AaronPawlak

New York, New York, US

AaronPawlak wrote:

Brett Vincent wrote:
I don't think MM would be considered the "world" haha! But, what I said was...."she's considering.....". Obviously, work visa wouldn't be obtained until she knew she had some actual real interest in photographers compensation here for her time here. But...thanks for the feeback. smile

What I'm trying to tell you is to not incriminate your friend publicly.

Aug 23 11 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

AaronPawlak

New York, New York, US

I checked #2298330.
She could charge 100 to 125/hr,
and get enough work travelling or in So Cal.

400 for half days and stuff.

(I think).

Aug 23 11 08:01 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I appreciate all your feedback, I sincerely do. I was just posting a simple question....."What's the going hourly rate......"  No need to make it anymore than that. So, thank you. Have a great night everyone. smile

Aug 23 11 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

bmiSTUDIO

Essex Junction, Vermont, US

Brett Vincent wrote:

She could have done this quite easily herself by contacting models on MM and asking them directly and discreetly about their rates.

Aug 23 11 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Jhono Bashian

Cleveland, Ohio, US

she has to show some samples of her work  and what she can do before anyone will even think about paying to play.

Photographer

AaronPawlak

New York, New York, US

Brett Vincent wrote:
I appreciate all your feedback, I sincerely do. I was just posting a simple question....."What's the going hourly rate......"  No need to make it anymore than that. So, thank you. Have a great night everyone. smile

MM forums are a peanut gallery.
You can get an earful.

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

OP: This really is terribly kind of you. I hope you mention this thread to your friend so she can fully appreciate your efforts on her behalf.

Aug 23 11 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

To Brett Vicent --

Are you sure she isn't coming to the USA for sight seeing purposes? Many from Aussie Land travel to the States for sight seeing purposes, especially So. Calif. 

Gabby

Aug 23 11 08:21 pm Link

Model

Brett Vincent

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Bare Essential Photos wrote:
To Brett Vicent --

Are you sure she isn't coming to the USA for sight seeing purposes? Many from Aussie Land travel to the States for sight seeing purposes, especially So. Calif. 

Gabby

Gabby...yes! That is her main reason for coming. She has been wanting to see California, the Grand Canyon, Vegas, etc for years. And she has just been getting so many photographers interested in shooting her in the States, she thought it would be a good opportunity to work with some amazing photographers while she was here. That's all.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback. smile

Aug 23 11 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

To Brett --

I'm sure she'll really appreciate the various sights the States has to offer!

Gabby

Aug 23 11 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

R80

Marceline, Missouri, US

It seems to be dependent on what area of the country you're in.  Generally, East and West coast get far more than Midwestern models.  In this area, away from large cities, 20 - 50/hr seems about average.  I've seen several from the east and west areas advertising up to 200/hr.

I've shot a good bit in FL, but never had to pay, so can't even give you a guess. 

Naturally, models starting out charge less and their rates rise with more experience/success.

Aug 23 11 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Wysiwyg Photography wrote:
In Utah it's anywhere between $25/hr to $60/hr...

I need to get my butt to Utah... I hear mormon models are  opening up to the art scene these days.

My answer to the OP would be 50- 125 depending on experience and/or how much she wants to work with the photographer

Aug 23 11 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

hbutz New York

Ronkonkoma, New York, US

$25 bucks

Aug 25 11 03:27 am Link