Forums > Contests > Halloween Banner Contest Winners!

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Posts: 7679

Torrance, California, US

You know, it's said that when people have run out of intelligent arguments, they revert to personal attacks. 

Hope the mods are watching.

Oct 29 11 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 37048

Columbus, Ohio, US

EdBPhotography wrote:

I'm just shootin' from the hip here...but I'm gonna' guess you're biased.  hmm

Ya think?

lol

Oct 29 11 04:12 pm Link

Model

Michael Kiss

Posts: 13

Beverly Hills, California, US

EdBPhotography wrote:
You know, it's said that when people have run out of intelligent arguments, they revert to personal attacks. 

Hope the mods are watching.

Can't share intelligence with ignorance. You're dragging the name of a good person who can't defend himself through the mud. I guess thats what makes you happy. Sad...

Oct 29 11 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 37048

Columbus, Ohio, US

Michael Kiss wrote:

Can't share intelligence with ignorance. You're dragging the name of a good person who can't defend himself through the mud. I guess thats what makes you happy. Sad...

MJ did a fine job of dragging himself thru mud. No one could ever come close to equaling that in 100 years.

I know you won't, but you really ought read all of those articles from the link I posted earlier.

He was alive when those were wrote, he made not one peep to defend himself. Wonder why?

Oct 29 11 04:23 pm Link

Model

Michael Kiss

Posts: 13

Beverly Hills, California, US

Cherrystone wrote:

MJ did a fine job of dragging himself thru mud. No one could ever come close to equaling that in 100 years.

I know you won't, but you really ought read all of those articles from the link I posted earlier.

He was alive when those were wrote, he made not one peep to defend himself. Wonder why?

What are you talking about??
Yeah I wonder why Michael Jackson didn't take the time to respond to each and every false accusation and article written about him... what am ignorant statement.

Oct 29 11 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Posts: 7679

Torrance, California, US

Michael Kiss wrote:

Can't share intelligence with ignorance. You're dragging the name of a good person who can't defend himself through the mud. I guess thats what makes you happy. Sad...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/media/2009/06/south_park_michael_jackson.jpg

http://mimg.ugo.com/201105/2/6/4/192462/cuts/family-guy-favorite-celebrity-cameos-679-image_gallery_2583_family-guy-michael-jackson_480x480.jpg

http://www.fasthack.com/images/weblog/2006/07/robotchicken-michaeljackson.jpg

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-cli … ding-pants
Tosh.O

http://ideagirlconsulting.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/michael-jackson-witty-woman-today.jpg?w=500&h=375

http://img2.moonbuggy.org/imgstore/michael-jackson-halloween.jpg

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KJkexEjaxOKzQAQKmjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtdXFkOWthBHNlYwNmcC1hdHRyaWIEc2xrA2ZpbWc-/SIG=130pjl344/EXP=1319960004/**http%3a//images.buddytv.com/a-scene-from-forthco/btv/1/1334574/1/434/593/0.jpg

http://images3.makefive.com/images/entertainment/celebrity/ugliest-celebrity/michael-jackson-7.jpg

Really?  I'm doing it all by myself??

Oct 29 11 04:33 pm Link

Model

Livane

Posts: 6334

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Wow at the winners! Some excellent work right there!

Also, to those derailing the thread, bugger off. If you aren't talking about the image itself then go find a new thread. Accusations and hateful comments towards each other just make you look pathetic. How about everybody have some Hallowe'en candy and get back to having fun

And maybe next year everyone can take all this bloody energy into participation with the competition for a banner they do like instead of bickering. Just a thought

Oct 29 11 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Belial

Posts: 71

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I've enjoyed seeing all the banners on MM for the past couple days, but I've got to say kudos to the Halloween creation of Hannah Elizabeth. The blonde model (Kaya) featured in her banner is certainly beautiful-- but a bit mysterious too. The font is eye-catchingly spooky. Well done everyone!

Oct 29 11 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 37048

Columbus, Ohio, US

Michael Kiss wrote:
....what am ignorant statement.

Oct 29 11 04:54 pm Link

Model

Renaissancequeen

Posts: 75

Nassau, New York, US

Maybe I am reading too much into things... Personally, I don't think that a Michael Jackson costume for Halloween is so "funny." I thought that the Michael Jackson looking face banner was sad in fact.  He had a lot of talent and still he had so much self hatred. Yes, there was talk of what happened with him and children. Who knows what really went on there? People say not to judge. Honestly, once I heard all of the "happenings" in Never-Never Land or whatever it is called that killed it for me. I couldn't take listening to Thriller anymore on the radio. Sadly enough, he came to a bad end. He was once a cute looking young boy and a handsome man. I think he looked his best in the "Beat It" or Who's Bad videos. I know he did some work on his face at that time but it still looked natural. When someone no longer looks like a human being then they have gone too far in the world of plastic surgery.

Oct 29 11 04:56 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Rusty pencil

Posts: 26

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Not that I'm a big fan of bashing those who have passed on but I do question some parts of our nutty star gazed culture in defending Hollywood and the the elite from the music world. That some how that because they are popular they get a get outta jail card or an emotional defence that is completely irrational. it's like we have lost our colective rational way of looking at things.

I could see if blanket or prince junior was here saying dont slander my daddy because well they are somewhat related to him. But to the fans who get their panties in a knot because of what someone says about the king of pop is just out to lunch.

If we would spend more energy on the real problems and stay away from celeb gossip and the crazy emotion around it we would be in a better place.

By the way the MJ banner rocks,

Oct 29 11 06:45 pm Link

Model

Ekaterina Vladi

Posts: 36

Los Angeles, California, US

Post hidden on Oct 30, 2011 02:41 pm
Reason: violates rules

Oct 29 11 07:38 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Veljko Spasic

Posts: 1

Niš, Central Serbia, Serbia

Brian Diaz wrote:
http://briandiazphotography.com/banners/albums/userpics/10001/2009_03_20_SvenPuss_192_MM_Resized.jpg

Photographer: Curt Lewis Photography
Model: Ramie

Oct 29 11 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

ASP Viper Girls

Posts: 9

Chicago, Illinois, US

i think there are several great banner winners here, but at least half here are not Original concept in anyway, and Ive seen that on the last two banner contests. Ive seen some with great imagination and creativity, but they all fail and do not win????? Im not sure why, I guess the message I am getting is, You must show no creativity and you win. Its the American Way smile Happy Halloween

Oct 29 11 09:18 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Rusty pencil

Posts: 26

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

But it does in so many ways

Oct 29 11 09:25 pm Link

Model

Tryphena L Robinson

Posts: 5

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Nori Zay wrote:

Didn't know a photo of me had been entered at all. Interesting.

It's very refreshing to not read a post about MJ and all.
I love MJ with a passion, but the man is dead and just leave him in peace.

Oct 29 11 11:36 pm Link

Model

Tryphena L Robinson

Posts: 5

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

ASid Studios  wrote:
i think there are several great banner winners here, but at least half here are not Original concept in anyway, and Ive seen that on the last two banner contests. Ive seen some with great imagination and creativity, but they all fail and do not win????? Im not sure why, I guess the message I am getting is, You must show no creativity and you win. Its the American Way smile Happy Halloween

I suppose they're aiming for simple and non-cluttered up kind of thing. After all, a little goes a long way (as the say).

Oct 29 11 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

DW DALLAM PHOTOGRAPHY

Posts: 1385

Arcata, California, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
http://briandiazphotography.com/banners/albums/userpics/10001/mm2_001.jpg

Big Apple Models

This is my favorite. Just makes me LOL every time I see it.

Oct 29 11 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

DW DALLAM PHOTOGRAPHY

Posts: 1385

Arcata, California, US

EdBPhotography wrote:
Just because someone is found to be "not guilty" doesn't mean they're innocent.  Just look at the Casey Anthony trial.  hmm

And just because someone is found guilty doesn't mean they are--just look on death row and the pardons granted since DNA evidence was allowed. So what's your point?

Oct 29 11 11:50 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Rusty pencil

Posts: 26

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

DW DALLAM PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
This is my favorite. Just makes me LOL every time I see it.

Indeed. Ca blam

But the simple fact is we are all goofy fucks when it comes to the reality of what's going on. It's not about the law but the lawyer and the dog and pony show. We start to love icons but we leave reality behind. We turn these humans into super humans and it turns us into teeny boppers without brains.

Those of you that are on the MJ defence side I see more maturity from high school dropouts then you

Oct 30 11 02:57 am Link

Photographer

Jay Terry Photography

Posts: 413

London, Ontario, Canada

Livane wrote:
Wow at the winners! Some excellent work right there!

Also, to those derailing the thread, bugger off. If you aren't talking about the image itself then go find a new thread. Accusations and hateful comments towards each other just make you look pathetic. How about everybody have some Hallowe'en candy and get back to having fun

And maybe next year everyone can take all this bloody energy into participation with the competition for a banner they do like instead of bickering. Just a thought

Ditto

Rusty pencil wrote:

Indeed. Ca blam

But the simple fact is we are all goofy fucks when it comes to thr reality of what's going on. It's not about the law but the lawyer and the dog and pony show. We start to love icons but we leave reality behind. We turn these humans into super humans and it turns us into teeny boppers without brains.

Those of you that are on the MJ defence side I see more maturity from high school drop outts then you

... and ditto.

Oct 30 11 07:20 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tara Pagliara MUA

Posts: 704

New York, New York, US

Guess the mod gave up on hiding posts in here, not sure why mine was.

Oct 30 11 07:59 am Link

Model

Kymlee

Posts: 800

Boston, Massachusetts, US

just came back and saw some of the responses. Wow, the personal attacks only make y'all look stupid. So maybe next time instead of attacking someone's personal character, you should look in that mirror and figure out why you're just so damn angry... hmm over something as trivial as a halloween banner image no less.

Back to topic, all of the banners that won, were EPIC. I love them all, the reason I joined this site is because I LOVE creativity and art and it's vastly apparent that there are so many creative people on here. Congrats to all winners! big_smile

Oct 30 11 08:39 am Link

Photographer

George Silvaney

Posts: 297

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I'm excited that a couple mine were picked. But there are so many good designs. It's fun to see the variation of banners whenever I  log in.

The Feliz dia de los Muertos really has to be one of my favs.  I spent last halloween in Albuquerque/Santa Fe, New Mexico, so I just think it's great.

Brian Diaz wrote:
http://briandiazphotography.com/banners/albums/userpics/10001/dia.jpg

EricAnderson

Oct 30 11 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Peter Schroeder

Posts: 3449

New York, New York, US

happy hemloween

Oct 30 11 11:10 am Link

Photographer

rap photo company

Posts: 2

Fort Worth, Texas, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
http://briandiazphotography.com/banners/albums/userpics/10001/mmbanner3.jpg

Photographer: -gAk- Photography
Model: Ivy DuPri

love this!!

Oct 30 11 11:23 am Link

Model

Kymberly Jane

Posts: 2251

Garden Grove, California, US

Im glad the Michael jackson one made rotation... sometimes its NOT too soon smile

Oct 30 11 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

John D Williams

Posts: 27

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

I know it's too late for the contest, but here is the one I was working on..

http://insomniacstudios.net/web/modelmayhem_halloween2011.jpg

Photo: John D. Williams (me)
Model: Dysphoria

Oct 31 11 12:17 am Link

Digital Artist

Lady Astariel

Posts: 107

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Congrats to the winners. I think i like FALT Photographics the best smile

Oct 31 11 08:38 am Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Posts: 7679

Torrance, California, US

(whew!...glad to see this thread back on track)

So, about those fonts...

I'd love to know the name of them, especially the one with the spiders.  Perfect for Halloween related graphics.

Oct 31 11 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Curt Lewis Photography

Posts: 9

Rockford, Illinois, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
http://briandiazphotography.com/banners/albums/userpics/10001/2009_03_20_SvenPuss_192_MM_Resized.jpg

Photographer: Curt Lewis Photography
Model: Ramie

Thanks MM!!!!

Curt

Oct 31 11 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Big Apple Models

Posts: 350

New York, New York, US

OMG! I won!

Oct 31 11 01:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KV MUA

Posts: 29

Los Angeles, California, US

Big Apple Models wrote:
OMG! I won!

Congratulations! Remember this day of your biggest accomplishment.

Oct 31 11 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Emilio Franso

Posts: 47

Lincoln, Nebraska, US

That Big Apple Models banner is horrific and clever! Very well done!

Nov 01 11 08:39 am Link

Photographer

bmiSTUDIO

Posts: 1734

Essex Junction, Vermont, US

So next year can MM come up with an option that will keep the main banner intact for those of us who don't care to see blood and gore at the top of our portfolios and profiles? I don't agree with the relaxing of the mature content rule for this.

Nov 01 11 08:50 am Link

Photographer

ASP Viper Girls

Posts: 9

Chicago, Illinois, US

Tryphena L Robinson wrote:

I suppose they're aiming for simple and non-cluttered up kind of thing. After all, a little goes a long way (as the say).

I think you are correct, sometimes less is more.

Nov 01 11 10:02 am Link