Forums > Critique > Models: Could you make my List?

Model

Cynthia Star

Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada

? Lol curious

Jul 13 17 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

Cynthia Star wrote:
? Lol curious

With the right concept and photographer.....definitely!

Jul 13 17 05:59 pm Link

Model

Elena Antonia Pappas

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

I made your list long ago smile Would I make it one more time ? smile

Jul 16 17 02:31 am Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

Elena Antonia Pappas wrote:
I made your list long ago smile Would I make it one more time ? smile

With good reason....and Hell  Yeah!
(It's just hard to find one photo to list. You have many that should be on there).

Jul 17 17 04:28 am Link

Model

Elena Antonia Pappas

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Model Starr Photography wrote:

With good reason....and Hell  Yeah!
(It's just hard to find one photo to list. You have many that should be on there).

You just the best:) Thank you smile Lovely list to be on !!!! smile

Jul 17 17 05:49 am Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Irvington, New Jersey, US

got some new work trying again smile

Jul 17 17 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:
got some new work trying again smile

[url=http://modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/14595617]http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/091005/17/4aca8b9e837b5_m.jpg[/url

Uh, this photo was on that list for years.

You have features that need to be highlighted. Most of your photos distract the viewing from looking at you. You beautiful, so have a few more photos where you'really the main focus and not all those other props. You don't need them.

Jul 17 17 06:44 pm Link

Model

Pauline Yee

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You critiqued me years ago and wondering what my status is now smile

Jul 18 17 06:25 am Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Irvington, New Jersey, US

[url=http://modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/14595617]http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/091005/17/4aca8b9e837b5_m.jpg[/url

Uh, this photo was on that list for years.

You have features that need to be highlighted. Most of your photos distract the viewing from looking at you. You beautiful, so have a few more photos where you'really the main focus and not all those other props. You don't need them.

No it wasn't, you told me on the cusp last time lol. Thank you I love my props though bunny

Jul 18 17 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

Pauline Yee wrote:
You critiqued me years ago and wondering what my status is now smile

Listed

Jul 18 17 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Rick Davis Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

Are you a photographer or just collecting other people's work?  I see you have some of my work on there.

For models. Could you make my models so beautiful I'd sell my camera to shoot them" list? Let's see!

Edit:
Go to the list to see what I'm referring to.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/list/336922

Jul 18 17 04:15 pm Link

Model

Pauline Yee

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Listed

Thank you so much smile

Jul 18 17 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

Rick Davis Photography wrote:
Are you a photographer or just collecting other people's work?  I see you have some of my work on there.

I don't understand the two questionsides being asked in succession? Or their relevance to anything about this thread. Yes, I am a photographer. Yes, I created a list of people's (photographers & models) work that I admire via the mechanism Modelmayhem.com has provided. If I were to assume by the questions asked (and I hate to assume) that you either find issue with your work being on the list I created or you find issue with anyone creating a list period or you have trouble reading (because my profile states that I am a photographer) or you just have issues period. Probably all of the above. If you would prefer that your excellent work be removed from the list I created, just say so. The glib, slick sarcastic line of questioning was not necessary.

Jul 20 17 05:35 am Link

Model

Doee

New York, New York, US

Lets hear it

Jul 20 17 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

Doee wrote:
Lets hear it

Listed! Great work. (Shoot more).

Jul 20 17 09:08 am Link

Model

Ellie-D

Lawrence, Kansas, US

I know I'm a total newbie to this site with very newbie pics, but I'll bite anyway. tongue

Jul 22 17 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Davis Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

I asked a perfectly legitimate question.  I've been a member here for over 10 years but, putting that aside, I know that on the Internet you can be anyone you want to be and because someone puts up a page that says they're a photographer doesn't mean squat.  You don't have my work from my page on there because I delete people's lists from my page.  I'm not putting photos up for people to collect.  They represent my work and those who I've worked with.  You have listed my shot from a models page that I worked with.

Maybe you remember a website called One Model Place.  I don't even know if it still exists or not but there was a guy on there who said he was a photographer and he had lots of beautiful women in his portfolio.  He raped a model friend of mine and that was how I found out about some of my work being on his page and his scam so with that information, don't assume that my question is out of line.  He wasn't a photographer at all.  He was just someone looking for a victim.  I don't know you and I'm not saying you're cut from that same cloth but if you want to display other's work, some of mine, I have a right to ask that question.  Savvy?

Just so you understand me, I guess I don't understand why an artist, in this case a photographer, would collect other people's work on their page and then ask the question if models out there "could you make my list?".  I shoot what I like and if everyone else likes it, good for me  I'm an artist and do what makes me happy and don't worry about other's work.  I don't collect other people's work and try to emulate them because that could appear to the novice that all of that work is yours.

my profile states that I am a photographer) or you just have issues period. Probably all of the above. If you would prefer that your excellent work be removed from the list I created, just say so. The glib, slick sarcastic line of questioning was not necessary.

Jul 23 17 07:47 am Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

I asked a perfectly legitimate question.  I've been a member here for over 10 years but, putting that aside, I know that on the Internet you can be anyone you want to be and because someone puts up a page that says they're a photographer doesn't mean squat.  You don't have my work from my page on there because I delete people's lists from my page.  I'm not putting photos up for people to collect.  They represent my work and those who I've worked with.  You have listed my shot from a models page that I worked with.

Maybe you remember a website called One Model Place.  I don't even know if it still exists or not but there was a guy on there who said he was a photographer and he had lots of beautiful women in his portfolio.  He raped a model friend of mine and that was how I found out about some of my work being on his page and his scam so with that information, don't assume that my question is out of line.  He wasn't a photographer at all.  He was just someone looking for a victim.  I don't know you and I'm not saying you're cut from that same cloth but if you want to display other's work, some of mine, I have a right to ask that question.  Savvy?

Just so you understand me, I guess I don't understand why an artist, in this case a photographer, would collect other people's work on their page and then ask the question if models out there "could you make my list?".  I shoot what I like and if everyone else likes it, good for me  I'm an artist and do what makes me happy and don't worry about other's work.  I don't collect other people's work and try to emulate them because that could appear to the novice that all of that work is yours.

my profile states that I am a photographer) or you just have issues period. Probably all of the above. If you would prefer that your excellent work be removed from the list I created, just say so. The glib, slick sarcastic line of questioning was not necessary.

One way to ensure your work does not get listed is to not participate on a website that allows people to list work. If it really bothers you that much. I will now disengage from this conversation as it is, in my opinion, idiotic.

Jul 23 17 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

Ellie-D wrote:
I know I'm a total newbie to this site with very newbie pics, but I'll bite anyway. tongue

Ok, you're beautiful. You just don't have a photo that shows just how much.   Shoot more and I'm sure you'lol make this list.

Jul 23 17 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Model Starr Photography

Madison, Alabama, US

Ellie-D wrote:

Ok, you're beautiful. You just don't have a photo that shows just how much.   Shoot more and I'm sure you'lol make this list.

Jul 23 17 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Davis Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

One way to ensure your work does not get listed is to not participate on a website that allows people to list work. If it really bothers you that much. I will now disengage from this conversation as it is, in my opinion, idiotic.

lol....   have a nice day.

Jul 24 17 08:11 am Link