Forums > General Industry > Why this facination with nudes on here!!!!

Photographer

blacquejack

Charles Town, West Virginia, US

I been a member of this site for a very long time, like coming on here reading and looking at peoples work every now and then.

What I have noticed over the years is a tremedous amount of nudes!! What's the facination with nudes? As a model I would be very skeptical to pick a photographer from this site.

Honestly, some of the best photographers on here has fashion in their portfolios' headshoots and some covered nudes.

I personally shoot lots of nudes, fine art style and glamour style, but my basic principal is to approach every subject like it was a loaf of bread and create an awesome image of it. Using light, poses, angels and perspective, and I'm only staisfied with my nudes if it shows nothing, My goal is to make the viewer start their imagination, to to give the whole farm away up front.

Nov 29 11 07:37 am Link

Makeup Artist

JochsBeauty

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

We likes nekkidness.

There are some amazing nude/alt/fetish models here. As well as photographers who shoot them.

Nov 29 11 07:41 am Link

guide forum

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

blacquejack wrote:
I been a member of this site for a very long time, like coming on here reading and looking at peoples work every now and then.

What I have noticed over the years is a tremedous amount of nudes!! What's the facination with nudes? As a model I would be very skeptical to pick a photographer from this site.

Honestly, some of the best photographers on here has fashion in their portfolios' headshoots and some covered nudes.

I personally shoot lots of nudes, fine art style and glamour style, but my basic principal is to approach every subject like it was a loaf of bread and create an awesome image of it. Using light, poses, angels and perspective, and I'm only staisfied with my nudes if it shows nothing, My goal is to make the viewer start their imagination, to to give the whole farm away up front.

okay let me see if I get this straight...

you encourage models not to work with people on this site...
you dislike the amount of nude work here yet shoot plenty of nudes yourself...
you think of models as loafs of bread...
you basically insult models who are too revealing in their nudes...

...and you proudly state this in the fora big_smile? way to put yourself out there dude big_smile

Nov 29 11 07:42 am Link

Photographer

blacquejack

Maria Michaela wrote:

...and you proudly state this in the fora big_smile? way to put yourself out there dude big_smile

No I encourage models to work with people on any site, but all to often do I see models come back and complain about, the photographrs beeing jerks and lousy images.

What I do  encourage models to do is to look for photographers who has technical and creative skills

Nov 29 11 07:46 am Link

Model

Kelsey-L

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

blacquejack wrote:

Did you just critique all models & photographers on this site in one generalization??

Wow.. I'm confused though, since you're posting in the critique section are you requesting a critique yourself? or offering individual critiques?

Nov 29 11 07:47 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

99% of what I shoot is landscape. When I decide to "throw a model into the mix", I like for her to be nude. It fits the theme of "naturalness" in my opinion. It is a theme I like to do occasionally. It is that simple, and, if a model is going to create a bunch of drama around that idea, I will find another model.
-Don

Nov 29 11 07:47 am Link

Makeup Artist

JochsBeauty

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

blacquejack wrote:
As a model I would be very skeptical to pick a photographer from this site

Really?!

I hope the mods mercy lock this thread for you.

Nov 29 11 07:48 am Link

Model

Sultan Blackwell In LA

Venice, California, US

Perverts are artists

Nov 29 11 07:49 am Link

Model

Marketa Fei

Berkeley, California, US

Maybe not everybody shares your opinion of which body parts need to be hidden, for whatever reason it is you think they should be hidden (sounds like titillation, which a lot of people aren't aiming for in their nude work.)

Nov 29 11 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

blacquejack wrote:

No I encourage models to work with people on any site, but all to often do I see models come back and complain about, the photographrs beeing jerks and lousy images.

What I do  encourage models to do is to look for photographers who has technical and creative skills

This pretty much negates the first post.

Nov 29 11 07:50 am Link

Photographer

blacquejack

J Ochs Artistry wrote:

Really?!

I hope the mods mercy lock this thread for you.

I hope so to, cause that would truely prove my point, lol, I guess personal opinions are not appreciated on here!!!! What happen to freedom of speach!!!!

Nov 29 11 07:50 am Link

Photographer

New Dawn Photography

San Ramon, California, US

blacquejack wrote:

You're such a hero. Thank god you're here to save the models.

Nov 29 11 07:51 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am sure that many photographers approach nudes like they are working with ( in your words) " a loaf of bread " ...Some though work with "cake " and rise to that standard

guide forum

Model

Anna Adrielle

blacquejack wrote:

no matter how much research you do, you'll encounter a douchebag photographer every now and then. nothing you can do about that. plus, one person's jerk is another person's gem. I've had crappy pictures from photographers that I've seen produce amazing work with others. shit happens, we get over it and move on.

plenty of technical and creative photographers out there who shoot more then "covered up nudes", and nothing wrong with that.

That is not your taste, and that's fine, but making big general statements like that on here is really not the best idea ever.

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

blacquejack wrote:

This will not go well here.

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Maria Michaela wrote:

http://th1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/elfwannabegifs/th_joker.gif

Nov 29 11 07:52 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Because M/M is primarily a glam site, not a fashion site.

Makeup Artist

JochsBeauty

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

blacquejack wrote:
I hope so to, cause that would truely prove my point, lol, I guess personal opinions are not appreciated on here!!!! What happen to freedom of speach!!!!

You mean speech?!

It wouldn't prove anything towards your point. You have not only insulted a good percentage of photographers but models as well.

Uncalled for.

Your pompous attitude is what will get this thread locked & you eaten alive by your fellow mayhemers.

Photographer

Don Garrett

blacquejack wrote:

We are practicing our right to free speech right now !
-Don

Nov 29 11 07:53 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

Don Garrett wrote:

We are practicing our right to free speech right now !
-Don

Very Good Don.

Nov 29 11 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Neil Snape

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Ah when we were growing up Playboy had a special place in the mind and heart, and surely would reach out for the issue of Playboy over Good Housekeeping.

Sign of the times, everyone is trying to outdo themselves with nudity everywhere.

Nov 29 11 07:55 am Link

Photographer

blacquejack

ChiMo wrote:
Because M/M is primarily a glam site, not a fashion site.

It certainly has turned that way over the years!!!!! But Glam photography, does not need to show the whole farm!!!! LOL What happen to creativity!!!!!

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

Maria Michaela wrote:
but making big general statements like that on here is really not the best idea ever.

but still posts like these make a MM day more fun big_smile

Makeup Artist

JochsBeauty

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

blacquejack wrote:

It certainly has turned that way over the years!!!!! But Glam photography, does not need to show the whole farm!!!! LOL What happen to creativity!!!!!

To the photographers & models they are being creative. Maybe not to your liking but to theirs they are.

Nov 29 11 07:56 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

blacquejack wrote:

first, this is a private website, so the whole freedom of speech thing...

your opinions are rather offensive to the nude models and photographers who do nude work well.

ok you don't like nudes, put on your work safe mode so you don't have to look at it, and don't shoot it.

Nov 29 11 07:56 am Link

guide forum

Model

Anna Adrielle

blacquejack wrote:
LOL What happen to creativity!!!!!

oh the irony...

Nov 29 11 07:57 am Link

Photographer

blacquejack

Faith EnFire wrote:

first, this is a private website, so the whole freedom of speech thing...

your opinions are rather offensive to the nude models and photographers who do nude work well.

ok you don't like nudes, put on your work safe mode so you don't have to look at it, and don't shoot it.

Guess, you didn't read my message, I do tons of nude work, and I make a decent living on it to. It's sad to see that you all so easily offended!!! I must have struck a cord somewhere!!! LOL

Nov 29 11 08:01 am Link

Photographer

L2Photography net

University City, Missouri, US

blacquejack wrote:

I try to teach model too what is a good photo etc.. Some think I am talking bad about a photographer when I try to show them photos that are poorly lit
and if they see a lot of naked photos in a guys port and they don't want to do naked don't work with them. To often the photographer talks the girl up as to he will make her a star and they go for that more than what they see in ports.
L2

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Looks up......critique section....hmmmm.

Photographer

Don Garrett

Koray wrote:
but still posts like these make a MM day more fun big_smile

Absofukenlutely ! it makes life worth living !
-Don

Nov 29 11 08:02 am Link

guide forum

Model

Anna Adrielle

blacquejack wrote:
Guess, you didn't read my message, I do tons of nude work, and I make a decent living on it to. It's sad to see that you all so easily offended!!! I must have struck a cord somewhere!!! LOL

because you're basically saying "nudes are disgusting and filthy and models here are crazy for shooting nudes. except my nudes of course, my nudes are awesome and tasteful and creative"

Nov 29 11 08:04 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

blacquejack wrote:

You do tons of nude work.....yet you wouldn't recommend a model to find a photographer on this site.
You really have no idea on who all populates this place, do you?

You see tons of nudes on here? Actually on a percentage basis, they account for 15-20%.
Which kinda leaves me to wonder how your finding all these tons?

So many questions, but I'm too lazy to type at the moment. Im sure someone will though. big_smile

Nov 29 11 08:05 am Link

Makeup Artist

JochsBeauty

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Maria Michaela wrote:

because you're basically saying "nudes are disgusting and filthy and models here are crazy for shooting nudes. except my nudes of course, my nudes are awesome and tasteful and creative"

I think I love you Maria.

Nov 29 11 08:06 am Link

Photographer

BritWoollardPhotography

Chicago, Illinois, US

That's just your opinion...

Nov 29 11 08:06 am Link

Photographer

BritWoollardPhotography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Maria Michaela wrote:

THIS.

Nov 29 11 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Maria Michaela wrote:

I think he was saying that models here are like loaves of bread or something, I dunno.
-Don

Nov 29 11 08:08 am Link

Photographer

BritWoollardPhotography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Neil Snape wrote:
Ah when we were growing up Playboy had a special place in the mind and heart, and surely would reach out for the issue of Playboy over Good Housekeeping.

Sign of the times, everyone is trying to outdo themselves with nudity everywhere.

Neil tongue

Nov 29 11 08:08 am Link

guide forum

Model

Anna Adrielle

Don Garrett wrote:
I think he was saying that models here are like loaves of bread or something, I dunno.
-Don

yes, and that. that was weird. and it made me hungry! I hate it when mayhem makes me hungry big_smile

Nov 29 11 08:09 am Link

Photographer

blacquejack

Don Garrett wrote:

-Don

Yep, try shooting a loaf of bread along with a wine bottle, bet you be hungry before you even get a decent image of it, but by the time you done, you might have some lighting skills. It's actually a very hard image to do, as you work with different surfaces that requires different lighting.

Have fun with it, lol

Nov 29 11 08:12 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

blacquejack wrote:

Id love to see your images of a hoe on a crutch, so I can see the expertise you used to fulfill your nudes showing nothing concepts. big_smile
http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?threa … st16388114

Nov 29 11 08:14 am Link