Forums > Critique > Another would you use me

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

so yea I'm still pretty new and thought this would fun to see who would or wouldn't use me between photographers and models

Mar 07 12 11:11 am Link

Photographer

P R E S T O N

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

If you were on my doorstep I'd TF with you to see what we could produce. However you 'd need a much better port to encourage me to travel more than a few miles to work with you. Good luck though smile

Mar 08 12 10:40 am Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

T B O L wrote:
If you were on my doorstep I'd TF with you to see what we could produce. However you 'd need a much better port to encourage me to travel more than a few miles to work with you. Good luck though smile

thank you and I understand I'm trying to grow my port now smile

Mar 08 12 02:40 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

XD

Mar 08 12 07:07 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Mar 11 12 06:26 pm Link

Model

Lorayne York

Topeka, Kansas, US

You're too short for me. I'd feel like a giant.

Mar 11 12 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Cheshire Scott

Exeter, New Hampshire, US

I would, except that you don't want to pose nude and that is all I do.

Mar 11 12 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

When you mention scarring from pregnancy, that interests me both in itself and because you mention it. Nudes interest me and you want to avoid them. So there's not much in the interaction for me.

If you ever wanted to delve into more confrontational or challenging stances doing something relating to those two things we'd have something to talk about.

best wishes

Mar 11 12 06:39 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Lorayne York wrote:
You're too short for me. I'd feel like a giant.

lol I could understand that

Mar 11 12 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

MiGel

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

No, I don't see any point in working with you.
I can't think of a way how you'd improve my port.

Mar 11 12 07:34 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

MiGel wrote:
No, I don't see any point in working with you.
I can't think of a way how you'd improve my port.

That's fine I am new like I just started out so yea

Mar 11 12 07:41 pm Link

Model

Jaye Davis

Colchester, England, United Kingdom

If I was in the US, I wouldn't mind working with you. Just need to get those TF shoots started and you'll be on your way. smile

Mar 11 12 07:53 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Jaye Davis wrote:
If I was in the US, I wouldn't mind working with you. Just need to get those TF shoots started and you'll be on your way. smile

thanks hun

Mar 11 12 08:02 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

XD

Mar 11 12 08:25 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Mar 12 12 06:12 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Chainmaille Treasures

Hermitage, Tennessee, US

I'd be very interested in using you.

Mar 12 12 06:20 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Chainmaille Treasures wrote:
I'd be very interested in using you.

XD why thank you and I would made working with you either

Mar 12 12 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

You're a lovely girl, I don't think you're a particularly good fit for what I shoot.

Mar 12 12 06:43 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Mar 12 12 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

oana hogrefe

Atlanta, Georgia, US

you have an interesting face - I'd photograph you; might be in Maine in June - message me

Mar 12 12 07:24 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

oana hogrefe wrote:
you have an interesting face - I'd photograph you; might be in Maine in June - message me

kk smile

Mar 12 12 07:34 pm Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

PASO ROBLES, California, US

T B O L wrote:

This. Feel free to PM me for advice if you are interested.

Mar 12 12 07:48 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Eleanor R wrote:

This. Feel free to PM me for advice if you are interested.

thanks

Mar 12 12 07:59 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Mar 13 12 06:30 am Link

Photographer

Sergei Rodionov

Dallas, Texas, US

While i dont mind height of 5.3 - i most likely would not just because i dont see any interesting facial features or physique.. Nor ability to strike expression.

Mar 13 12 06:57 am Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Sergei Rodionov wrote:
While i dont mind height of 5.3 - i most likely would not just because i dont see any interesting facial features or physique.. Nor ability to strike expression.

understandable

Mar 13 12 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

dvwrght

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Nope, sorry.

Mar 13 12 06:03 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

it's fine smile

Mar 13 12 08:09 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Mar 13 12 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Greggain Photography

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

I'm kind of feeling the same way. I think, with the images you have now, it is actually detrimental to photographers seeing a fit for you.

My recommendation is to get a couple of great photographers (not good ones) and pay them for the shoot to get at least 8 stellar images.

From there, I think you are going to give off a much different perspective than your current gallery portrays.

I would have to say no at present, but again, with a couple of great shoots under your belt, my opinion might change.

Mar 13 12 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

colleenchiquita

Manhattan, Kansas, US

I wouldn't be particularly interested, except for maybe a darker/macabre theme because your facial features remind me of the actress from Orphan.

Mar 13 12 09:23 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

colleenchiquita wrote:
I wouldn't be particularly interested, except for maybe a darker/macabre theme because your facial features remind me of the actress from Orphan.

lol I like darker themes better and I get that all the time XD so that would be fine with me

Mar 13 12 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Howick Image Studio

Panama City Beach, Florida, US

Your avatar pic suggests you have untapped talent, but the genres you list as of interest to you limit your potential.  You may want to broaden your horizons a bit to expand your marketability.

Mar 13 12 09:36 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Howick Image Studio wrote:
Your avatar pic suggests you have untapped talent, but the genres you list as of interest to you limit your potential.  You may want to broaden your horizons a bit to expand your marketability.

thanks hun I'll work on that

Mar 13 12 09:40 pm Link

Photographer

James Garfield

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Still no i'm afraid, there's been no significant changes to your PF since you last asked the question some weeks ago which to me suggests that you're more interested in running straw polls in the forums than actually modelling.

James.

www.jamesgarfield.co.uk

Mar 14 12 02:16 am Link

Photographer

Fleming Design

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

James Garfield wrote:
Still no i'm afraid, there's been no significant changes to your PF since you last asked the question some weeks ago which to me suggests that you're more interested in running straw polls in the forums than actually modelling.
James.
www.jamesgarfield.co.uk

My thoughts exactly.

Mar 14 12 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Jason Hamper

Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada

I think the last time I posted on a "would you use me?" thread, it was you that was asking.  That time I and everyone else was asking to see your face and features more.  Yay!  I can see your face.

Ok, that being said, you do seem to have potential - I really seem to like your first photo.  For a lot of photographers height is a big deal, but I've worked with shorter models and it's worked out well.  I'm always up for a challenge so this time (now that I can see your face) I'd say yes, I'd work with you.

Jason

Mar 14 12 03:41 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Jason Hamper wrote:
I think the last time I posted on a "would you use me?" thread, it was you that was asking.  That time I and everyone else was asking to see your face and features more.  Yay!  I can see your face.

Ok, that being said, you do seem to have potential - I really seem to like your first photo.  For a lot of photographers height is a big deal, but I've worked with shorter models and it's worked out well.  I'm always up for a challenge so this time (now that I can see your face) I'd say yes, I'd work with you.

Jason

thank you

Mar 14 12 06:45 pm Link

Model

xion Insanity

Portland, Maine, US

Apr 02 12 09:42 am Link

Photographer

Photographe

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

This is going to sound extreme, but this is honestly how it is at castings/portfolio sessions.

Yes I would do mother and baby with you or some whacky editorial, but sadly, you would never get that far, you know why?

You have two shots looking into the sky, can't really see your face
You have three shots tilting your head almost 90 degrees sideways, so I have to turn my head to see what you look like.
You have one shot, your head is upside down to me. Sorry, but I'm not going to stand on my head.

You know why you wouldn't get that far? Because your portfolio requires me to make EFFORT to view your face, I can't just look at your thumbnails and see you, I was literally getting a sore neck twisting and turning from one pic to the next to try to figure out what you look like. If there's 100 portfolios on my desk, I'm not going to waste my time on the ones that require me to make effort, just to see their face.
I must have said this about 10 times today, but I would hope a portfolio can offer some instant recognition without any wasted time or effort on my part.

But if u sat through all that lecture and still smiled, I'd shoot with you of course...

Models should bear in mind it's the internet, we can't see you in real life, there should be at least one pic with no silly angles of camera or model, just a straight on pic, so we can actually see what you look like. It's good to see that someone has worked with very creative photographers, but ultimately you're being judged on you, not the photographs, so show yourself more clearly perhaps.

Apr 02 12 09:55 am Link