Forums > Events > Sept 2 Mexican Cruiseshoot / Cabo-Puerta Vallerta

Photographer

Mark G Bissell

Posts: 443

Jacksonville, North Carolina, US

FFantastique wrote:
Fiddling with figures [during a meeting].

Cost per image (unaudited):

We had about 70 people on this expedition.
Each person conservatively cost about $1,000 by the time all incidentals, travel to pier and back, medical, flights, etc...
From page 66 till now I counted approximately 150 unique images.
Do the math!

Oh there are many more photos than 150 unique images

Sep 28 12 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Yani S

Posts: 939

Los Angeles, California, US

FFantastique wrote:
Fiddling with figures.
[during a meeting--Gary, this isn't taking incremental time].

Rough estimate of cost per image (unaudited):

We had about 70 people allocated to this expedition. [No shows still cost--unrecoverable sunk cost.]
Each person conservatively cost about $1,000 by the time passage is paid for, gratuities, drinks, taxes, all incidentals, travel to pier and back, medical, flights, internet, communication coats, parking, postage, etc...
From page 66 till now I counted approximately 150 UNIQUE images still posted (some have disappeared).
Do the math!
Currently it's about US$500 or about 6,500 pesos per image posted!

Of course, each additional image reduces the per image cost as it spreads the fixed costs.

This doesn't figure in the cost of hardware we assembled and lost (couple cameras drenched).

I haven't figure in the man/woman-years of expertise brought to bear on the prime directive, it's FMV (Fair Market Value), opportunity costs, goodwill, consequential damages, legal fees, etc, ad nauseam, :-).

Ok this made my head hurt! And I spent way more then $1000 per person! But that's a good thing! Because it was all just for fun!
You can add to your math another 30~40 images that I edited! I just can't figure out how to post them here so FB is it! Oh and there some on my MM account!

Sep 28 12 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

F-stop Jonny

Posts: 92

Dallas, Texas, US

Yani S wrote:
Ok this made my head hurt! And I spent way more then $1000 per person! But that's a good thing! Because it was all just for fun!

Word smile

My personal "Prime Directives" were:
1: have some drinks and fun
2: get a tan
3: get some killer pic's

Mission accomplished big_smile

. . . but dam I still have a LOT of pic's to edit!

Sep 28 12 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

F-stop Jonny

Posts: 92

Dallas, Texas, US

Morgan Ladhar wrote:
Just posted an AWESOME shot in my portfolio that F-Stop took in the ocean at Puerta Vallarta. I absolutely love it!

Thanks, Greg!

You're Welcome smile

Sep 28 12 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Lopez

Posts: 28

Gardena, California, US

Working on getting caught up on getting pics out to everyone. Easier for me to mail a cd to you. Message me your mailing address and I will send you a cd with all photos. Straight out of the camera, no editing.
This one only has been cropped. Otherwise straight out of the camera.
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8308553/view/IMG_8923B.jpg

Sep 28 12 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36227

Upland, California, US

Morgan Ladhar wrote:
Just posted an AWESOME shot in my portfolio that F-Stop took in the ocean at Puerta Vallarta. I absolutely love it!

Seeeeeeee... THAT to me amigos made the whole freakin cruiseboat photoshoot worth while.  A model being super happy with an attending photographer's image that was captured... and using it on her port.  Makes my heart feel good... and thanks for that message Morgan... I got a pic of you coming next week... stay tuned... wink

Sep 28 12 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

C.C. Holdings

Posts: 594

New York, New York, US

F-stop Jonny wrote:
. . . but dam I still have a LOT of pic's to edit!

tell me about it! just rating the pics is tedious!

Sep 28 12 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

Yani S wrote:
I just can't figure out how to post them here so FB is it! Oh and there some on my MM account!

Yani:
Use the middle link under your MM image "Image Tag" and strip off leading and trailing extraneous characters to get this:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/12 … 5046e6.jpg
Add leading [img]and trailing[/img].
Voilรก!
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120922/12/505e1845046e6.jpg
Incroyable [French for incredible].
Priceless!
๐Ÿ†

Sep 29 12 12:25 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36227

Upland, California, US

C.C. Holdings  wrote:

tell me about it! just rating the pics is tedious!

Like JT said earlier... no good deed goes unpunished... lol

Sep 29 12 09:05 am Link

Model

Bumble

Posts: 61

San Francisco, California, US

Bill Lopez wrote:
Working on getting caught up on getting pics out to everyone. Easier for me to mail a cd to you. Message me your mailing address and I will send you a cd with all photos. Straight out of the camera, no editing.
This one only has been cropped. Otherwise straight out of the camera.
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/8308553/view/IMG_8923B.jpg

THIS IS GREAT! ERIN I MISS YOU! Wow no edit needed! Great job both of you.
I have seen some very nice photo's on the thread. Bumble

Sep 29 12 09:33 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

One of my favorite images is of Nacho! :-)

Non sequitur http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)
Model, model, model, then all of a sudden gato--Nacho!

Sep 29 12 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

FFantastique wrote:
One of my favorite images is of Nacho! :-)

Non sequitur http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)
Model, model, model, then all of a sudden gato--Nacho!

JT! Where are the rest of your pics? I've seen 'em. They are good. You should post those ones we talked about. Time to get to work! - C

Sep 29 12 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Posts: 4199

Santa Ana, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Hey Joe... April has got her passport and is DEFINITELY confirmed for Sept 2nd.  She's one of my two confirmed models... and DUDE... you should join us.  No law that says you can't go on 2 cruises in a year... lol

Well that's 2 for 2 for April.
2 confirmed and 2 no shows.

Sep 29 12 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Yani S

Posts: 939

Los Angeles, California, US

Post hidden on Nov 19, 2012 10:25 am
Reason: 18+ Images

Sep 29 12 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

Yani S wrote:
I think I got it! smile
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120929/14/50676219e662b.jpg

She didn't look like this in the van ๐Ÿ˜‰
Congrats on capturing amazing beauty!
And learning how to post. :-) You got it, yeah!
Not sure why it's not easier.

Sep 29 12 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

Charonda Glamour wrote:
JT! Where are the rest of your pics? I've seen 'em. They are good. You should post those ones we talked about. Time to get to work! - C

Don't make me blow my cover:-)  Location scouting.
Revenue generation. This is a big boat to buy!

Sep 29 12 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

FFantastique wrote:

Don't make me blow my cover:-)  Location scouting.
Revenue generation. This is a big boat to buy!

Bring 'em over to my place and I'll help you do the final editing of the jpegs. All I ask for in return is a sushi deluxe platter.

Sep 29 12 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Mark G Bissell

Posts: 443

Jacksonville, North Carolina, US

Post hidden on Nov 19, 2012 10:26 am
Reason: 18+ Images

Sep 29 12 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

F-stop Jonny

Posts: 92

Dallas, Texas, US

Post hidden on Nov 19, 2012 10:27 am
Reason: 18+ Images

Sep 29 12 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

Mark G Bissell wrote:
Oh there are many more photos than 150 unique images

Mark, et al, you are more than welcome to recalculate all estimates and counts--I was just doing this while paying attention to a speaker, taking a quiz, and completing a survey. Yani said he spent way more and I'm basing this on inside cabin rates, which I know are low end. I erred on conservative side in some cases. Since no one is using this figure for billing purposes it's just for curiousity's sake. [I'm typing this while doing something else. :-) Ira, it's not time I could be allocating to post processing. I'm not in a position to do that ATM, lol]

Sep 29 12 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

Post hidden on Nov 19, 2012 10:27 am
Reason: 18+ Images

Sep 29 12 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

-Ira wrote:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8042/8018527350_1972fa6b90_z.jpg
Nacho by Ira Monko 1974, on Flickr

๐Ÿฑ
Another Nacho...http://www.modelmayhem.com/770281

Sep 30 12 12:05 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

Post hidden on Nov 19, 2012 10:29 am
Reason: 18+ Images

Sep 30 12 12:19 am Link

Photographer

Mark G Bissell

Posts: 443

Jacksonville, North Carolina, US

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/mgabissell/Andriana-2a_zpsf84d8c77.jpg

Sep 30 12 04:56 am Link

Photographer

Mark G Bissell

Posts: 443

Jacksonville, North Carolina, US

FFantastique wrote:

Mark, et al, you are more than welcome to recalculate all estimates and counts--I was just doing this while paying attention to a speaker, taking a quiz, and completing a survey. Yani said he spent way more and I'm basing this on inside cabin rates, which I know are low end. I erred on conservative side in some cases. Since no one is using this figure for billing purposes it's just for curiousity's sake. [I'm typing this while doing something else. :-) Ira, it's not time I could be allocating to post processing. I'm not in a position to do that ATM, lol]

JT. I might need to recalculate based on the fact that I spent over $4,000 on a trip ~

Sep 30 12 07:50 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36227

Upland, California, US

joe duerr wrote:

Well that's 2 for 2 for April.
2 confirmed and 2 no shows.

She was hospitalized a few days before this shoot... so yeah... I think that's a legitimate excuse... wink

Sep 30 12 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36227

Upland, California, US

Mark G Bissell wrote:

JT. I might need to recalculate based on the fact that I spent over $4,000 on a trip ~

Hey Mark... ya gotta send it while you're alive... they're not going to bury you with it... wink... lol

Sep 30 12 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Mark G Bissell

Posts: 443

Jacksonville, North Carolina, US

Select Models wrote:
Hey Mark... ya gotta send it while you're alive... they're not going to bury you with it... wink... lol

Gary did you mean Spend It not Send It?
the best thing about photography is the ability to share vision and art that will outlast my life yet will share a vision for others ~

Sep 30 12 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

4.

Sep 30 12 04:30 pm Link

Model

Bumble

Posts: 61

San Francisco, California, US

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o594/bumble104/Portrait%20Groups%20MM/2012-09-04_GMax_0417_800w.jpg
Gmax. I am happy you undersand. This unedited picture is so cool. One of many, Im sure that everyone would love to see some of your work, as well as our efforts! I know feel you DESERVE to hear THANK YOU, for everything you did to make this trip all you promised. Bumble

Sep 30 12 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

Bumble wrote:
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o594/bumble104/Portrait%20Groups%20MM/2012-09-04_GMax_0417_800w.jpg
Gmax. I am happy you undersand. This unedited picture is so cool. One of many, Im sure that everyone would love to see some of your work, as well as our efforts! I know feel you DESERVE to hear THANK YOU, for everything you did to make this trip all you promised. Bumble

Nice! :-)

Sep 30 12 06:14 pm Link

Model

You may call me Celine

Posts: 166

Los Angeles, California, US

Bumble wrote:
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o594/bumble104/Portrait%20Groups%20MM/2012-09-04_GMax_0417_800w.jpg
Gmax. I am happy you undersand. This unedited picture is so cool. One of many, Im sure that everyone would love to see some of your work, as well as our efforts! I know feel you DESERVE to hear THANK YOU, for everything you did to make this trip all you promised. Bumble

This is a great pose Bumble...it goes so well with the lines of the background!  Where was this anyway?  Great capture GMax!

Sep 30 12 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

FotoMark

Posts: 2978

Oxnard, California, US

Post hidden on Nov 19, 2012 10:29 am
Reason: 18+ Images

Sep 30 12 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

David Stone Imaging

Posts: 1015

Seattle, Washington, US

Anyone care to offer a left to right line-up for the uninformed?  smile

Sep 30 12 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36227

Upland, California, US

Mark G Bissell wrote:

Gary did you mean Spend It not Send It?
the best thing about photography is the ability to share vision and art that will outlast my life yet will share a vision for others ~

Yeah I left out the P... spend it fur sure... wink

Oct 01 12 12:05 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Posts: 808

Orlando, Florida, US

David Lumen Photography wrote:
Anyone care to offer a left to right line-up for the uniformed?  smile

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120922/12/505e1845046e6.jpg

2. http://www.modelmayhem.com/98288 ChanelR
3. http://www.modelmayhem.com/2218778 Jin N Tonic
4. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1019266 ahlisha newton
5. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1727460 Anzhelika Yakimenko
6. http://www.modelmayhem.com/2008658 emelle
7. http://www.modelmayhem.com/697939 ShelleyLynne
8. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1145015 NYMPH
9. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1704998 Robinette

[The casing on the names are inconsistent but is intended to maintain integrity with the models' profiles. Translation: "emelle" is all lower case and "NYMPH" is in all CAPS because that's what their profile reads...and I'm enough of a purist not to "PhotoShop" them into consistent Upper case initial letter and rest lowercase.]

As of 23:00 October 1, the list seems stable!

Title--not mine to title but I think I'll call it "Nine in Nothing! :-)" ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oct 01 12 01:56 am Link

Photographer

Mark G Bissell

Posts: 443

Jacksonville, North Carolina, US

Erica

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/mgabissell/Erica-0492.jpg

Oct 01 12 02:25 am Link

Photographer

F-stop Jonny

Posts: 92

Dallas, Texas, US

FFantastique wrote:

This is merely an offer. This is unaudited.
1. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1050154
2. http://www.modelmayhem.com/98288 ?
3. http://www.modelmayhem.com/2218778
4. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1019266 ?
5. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1727460
6. http://www.modelmayhem.com/2008658 ?
Or http://www.modelmayhem.com/1291915 ?
7. http://www.modelmayhem.com/697939
8. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1145015
9. http://www.modelmayhem.com/1704998

Not included:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/2277933
http://www.modelmayhem.com/2216299

Unaudited! :-)

LURKERS: please help me out! PM corrections or confirmations.

I think you're pretty close. 4th from the right, in the cowboy hat, is only one I'm not reasonably sure I can identify.

Oct 01 12 04:59 am Link

Photographer

F-stop Jonny

Posts: 92

Dallas, Texas, US

Question; how is everyone handling release forms?
Mailing out hard copy with a self-addressed stamped envelope?
E-mailing a file and having it mailed back?

Oct 01 12 05:06 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36227

Upland, California, US

F-stop Jonny wrote:
I think you're pretty close. 4th from the right, in the cowboy hat, is only one I'm not reasonably sure I can identify.

That's Emelle... wink

Oct 01 12 05:58 am Link