Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Dupe for MAC's mineralize skinfinish natural?

Makeup Artist

Shekeita Magitt

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Summer is on its way so I would love to drop the creams and use a powder with a slight sheen to it. I have dry skin so powder that is matte makes me look cakey. I love the way the msfn deep dark makes me look and the coverage but I can't do the price. Any dupes out there?

Mar 13 12 09:52 am Link

Makeup Artist

Shekeita Magitt

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Bump!

Mar 13 12 10:43 am Link

Makeup Artist

Irene OBrien Makeup

New York, New York, US

Because you said you don't like the matte finish on most powders, try Smashbox Halo Hydrating powder. Doesn't give that matte finish, rather a nice smooth velvety finish.

Is this for personal or kit use?
I like the MSF Natural powders myself, but I won't lug all those compacts in my kit, so I purchased the Graftobian powders that come in a palette form. I like them. You can get it from Camera Ready Cosmetics.

Hope this helps a little. smile

-Irene

Mar 13 12 04:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ErinKMakeupArtistry

Athenry, Galway, Ireland

I honestly can't think of anything more affordable than MSF's... And Smashbox Halo Powder certainly isn't cheap either, its 3x the price of MSF's!

Mar 13 12 04:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Irene OBrien Makeup

New York, New York, US

That's right, sorry....I forgot about the clear point that you made about price.

Mar 13 12 05:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ms BSK

Brooklyn, New York, US

Try the Yaby Dual Finish - it is cheaper that MAC or MUFE, one refill is about $12.00 without a discount.

The Graftobian is nice but it is a matte finish. Yaby is more of a satin finish, it is very pretty on women. I like it.

Mar 13 12 07:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Shekeita Magitt

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Sorry guys forgot to mention it was for my personal use. I would love the MAC version but unemployment isn't in agreement with the price.

Mar 13 12 08:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Divine Diva Beauty

MCKINNEY, Texas, US

Ruby Kisses Bronzing Powders are good dupes in IMO.  This brand was developed by Danessa Myricks and Kiss Cosmetics.  It works quite well.

Mar 14 12 01:53 am Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I hate to admit this but..there really is NO sub in my view.  This stuff from MAC is amazing.  I have them in my kit...and i ADORE.  Ebay may be a good place to lurk to find..but honestly..if you have the MAC pro discount...get them before they are gone.

Mar 14 12 02:23 am Link

Makeup Artist

Shekeita Magitt

Atlanta, Georgia, US

LisaJohnson wrote:
I hate to admit this but..there really is NO sub in my view.  This stuff from MAC is amazing.  I have them in my kit...and i ADORE.  Ebay may be a good place to lurk to find..but honestly..if you have the MAC pro discount...get them before they are gone.

I wish I did. I would get one at 40% off!

Mar 14 12 06:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

Shekeita Magitt

Atlanta, Georgia, US

DP : P

Mar 14 12 06:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

UK_Makeup_Artist

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

If you know someone with a MAC card you could get them to buy it for you? Or try makeupalley? I have managed to get loads of hard to find things from people on there.  I did a Lush shop for someone and received loads of unused Chanel lipsticks in return.

Worth a shot smile

Mar 14 12 08:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

Shekeita Magitt

Atlanta, Georgia, US

UK_Makeup_Artist wrote:
If you know someone with a MAC card you could get them to buy it for you? Or try makeupalley? I have managed to get loads of hard to find things from people on there.  I did a Lush shop for someone and received loads of unused Chanel lipsticks in return.

Worth a shot smile

I didn't think about trying to search on makeupalley. Thanks!

Mar 14 12 10:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

face_case

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

LisaJohnson wrote:

They aren't going away are they?! I too, love them for personal and professional use! Hope not.. Or I'll be stocking up!

Mar 14 12 01:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Shekeita Magitt

Atlanta, Georgia, US

face_case wrote:

They aren't going away are they?! I too, love them for personal and professional use! Hope not.. Or I'll be stocking up!

I hope not! I have to save up to get two soon so I hope they keep making them!

Mar 15 12 05:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dianna Quagenti

Boston, Massachusetts, US

If you can't get the MSF, check out NYX 's new baked mineral powder, I was shocked at how luxe it feels at the price!!! It feels very similar to me, maybe just a touch more matte.  Happy shopping! smile

Mar 17 12 09:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Shekeita Magitt

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Dianna Quagenti wrote:
If you can't get the MSF, check out NYX 's new baked mineral powder, I was shocked at how luxe it feels at the price!!! It feels very similar to me, maybe just a touch more matte.  Happy shopping! smile

I am headed to google asap! Thanks so much!

Mar 18 12 06:08 pm Link