Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > reasons I'm bad at dieting:

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Posts: 37043

Toledo, Ohio, US

TOP OF THE PAGE MA!

Apr 29 12 08:02 pm Link

Model

The Original Sin

Posts: 13894

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Eye of Sicari wrote:
Bread...hot fresh bread

This.  And jellybeans.

Apr 29 12 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Posts: 25319

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Augustine York wrote:
bacon.

low carb diet FTW borat

Apr 29 12 08:09 pm Link

Model

Bon voyage

Posts: 20302

Los Angeles, California, US

I like food too much.  I've been logging everything I eat over the past week, and only managed two days where I stayed within the guidelines set by the app.  A couple of those days, I overate by more than 700 calories.

Whoops.

Apr 30 12 11:38 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Posts: 35327

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Pasta is what I'm struggling with. Ever since having gone vegan, I've lost about 15-20 lbs, but I need to watch my carbs. I looooove pasta and it's so easy to make, but damn, not really a diet food!

Apr 30 12 11:56 am Link

Model

Bon voyage

Posts: 20302

Los Angeles, California, US

Scarlett Candee wrote:
Pasta is what I'm struggling with. Ever since having gone vegan, I've lost about 15-20 lbs, but I need to watch my carbs. I looooove pasta and it's so easy to make, but damn, not really a diet food!

Meals that I would consider to be relatively simple for me are so loaded with calories that it builds up really quick.  I went over by 213 calories yesterday, and all I really had was a Larabar, a garden omelette, fruit salad, ONE PIECE of toast with butter/jelly, and a footlong Subway veggie patty sub with half of the bread ripped off.

FML.

Apr 30 12 12:02 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Posts: 35327

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ninja wrote:

Meals that I would consider to be relatively simple for me are so loaded with calories that it builds up really quick.  I went over by 213 calories yesterday, and all I really had was a Larabar, a garden omelette, fruit salad, ONE PIECE of toast with butter/jelly, and a footlong Subway veggie patty sub with half of the bread ripped off.

FML.

I know. It's pretty insane. I think most of the calories come from carbs. It sucks cuz I love things like bread, pasta...

I cut down on things like soda and candy (no gelatin = less craving for sweets), and that helped a whole lot.

The other day I ate rice pudding and after the first bite, I saw the ingredients. First two: Milk, egg. I almost barfed. That'll teach me to not read the ingredient list... I can't stomach dairy and eggs anymore.

Apr 30 12 12:11 pm Link

Model

Miss AY

Posts: 8166

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Scarlett Candee wrote:
Pasta is what I'm struggling with. Ever since having gone vegan, I've lost about 15-20 lbs, but I need to watch my carbs. I looooove pasta and it's so easy to make, but damn, not really a diet food!

+1 to pasta. ughhh I love me some pasta.

Apr 30 12 12:18 pm Link

Model

Bon voyage

Posts: 20302

Los Angeles, California, US

Scarlett Candee wrote:

I know. It's pretty insane. I think most of the calories come from carbs. It sucks cuz I love things like bread, pasta...

I cut down on things like soda and candy (no gelatin = less craving for sweets), and that helped a whole lot.

The other day I ate rice pudding and after the first bite, I saw the ingredients. First two: Milk, egg. I almost barfed. That'll teach me to not read the ingredient list... I can't stomach dairy and eggs anymore.

Ick.

I keep carbs like breads and pastas to a minimum.  My stomach can only eat so much of it before it freaks out and all normal processes pretty much stop.

I've been using http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ to keep track of my eating.

I'm at a desk all day, so my profile is set to "sedentary" and weight loss to half a pound a week.  I gained ~5 pounds (and higher than normal blood pressure) that month I had to stuff myself with wheat for celiac testing, so I'm trying to get my ish down to what I'm more comfortable with.  This only gives me 1410 calories a day to play with without having to go to the gym.

I still go, of course...sometimes...when other plans don't interfere.  I need to get back into a regular gym schedule again so I can eat more and not feel guilty about it.

Apr 30 12 12:29 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Posts: 35327

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Augustine York wrote:

+1 to pasta. ughhh I love me some pasta.

Haha yeah, it's a dangerous food for me. lol Especially gnocchi. Damn.

Apr 30 12 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Posts: 7699

Buffalo, New York, US

I am on what I am (generously) calling "The Caveman Diet".  If a caveman couldn't eat it, I can't eat it.

It is because of massive food allergies that have recently be discovered (which explains dozens of trips to the ER).

I am allergic to:

Wheat
Corn
Milk
Eggs
Yeast
Peanuts
Strawberries
Bananas

Apr 30 12 01:21 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Posts: 35327

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ArtisticPhotography wrote:
I am on what I am (generously) calling "The Caveman Diet".  If a caveman couldn't eat it, I can't eat it.

It is because of massive food allergies that have recently be discovered (which explains dozens of trips to the ER).

I am allergic to:

Wheat
Corn
Milk
Eggs
Yeast
Peanuts
Strawberries
Bananas

I would be so sad if I were allergic to strawberries. sad

Apr 30 12 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Posts: 7699

Buffalo, New York, US

Scarlett Candee wrote:

I would be so sad if I were allergic to strawberries. sad

I said to the doctor, "can't you make it rutabagas and brussel sprouts?"  Those, I could live without.

Apr 30 12 01:27 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Posts: 35327

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ArtisticPhotography wrote:

I said to the doctor, "can't you make it rutabagas and brussel sprouts?"  Those, I could live without.

lol

I'm allergic to pineapple. That sucks ass, let me tell you. I fucking love pineapple!!! But I can't eat it unless I want to be super sick. sad I'm also allergic to kiwi, and that doesn't annoy me at all. lol I've always hated the taste of it, and my mom refused to believe me that it was making my mouth and throat tickle - she thought I was being picky and wanted a way out of eating it. But it's true, I didn't like the taste of it either.

Apr 30 12 01:32 pm Link

Model

rhus

Posts: 1823

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

talenti gelato.

Apr 30 12 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Svend

Posts: 25127

Boulder, Colorado, US

Food. I love it ALL.  sad

Apr 30 12 07:02 pm Link