Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The Walking Dead Season 3

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Eros Fine Art Photo wrote:

That white guy is trying way too hard to be liked.  I don't trust that.  Seems to me that's how some of the worst offenders behave.  They want to gain the confidence of others, then turn around and commit horrible acts when those people let their guard down.

I would shoot him just based on principle.  lol

You can see the season cliff hanger coming.   The town against them.   They aren't afraid to kill characters off though.   Lori was a shocker and T-Dog??

Nov 05 12 09:24 am Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

Eros Fine Art Photo wrote:
I think that one inmate will fill T-dog's place as a source of strength, but he won't let his conscience affect him as much.  One thing I have to wonder though, is why no one has asked the inmates yet what they were in for.  What if one of them is a pedophile?  Things could get...awkward.

That has already been covered, when Rick killed Tomas. White guy made drugs, black guy was a B&E.

Nov 05 12 10:16 am Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:

You can see the season cliff hanger coming.   The town against them.   They aren't afraid to kill characters off though.   Lori was a shocker and T-Dog??

Lori and the baby die in the comics, they have taken this in a whole different direction. I wonder how they will approach the baby living with them....

Nov 05 12 10:17 am Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Best episode EVER, buh bye Lori.

Nov 05 12 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

bgcfoto wrote:
Best episode EVER, buh bye Lori.

+1

And T-Dog I don't get it why they decided to end his character. He just get more involved...

Nov 05 12 04:04 pm Link

Model

Deanna Lindsey

Houston, Texas, US

Gonna be hard taking care of a newborn with all that going on.  I actually got a little emotional about Lori even though her character bugged the crap out of me. 

Points for Carl, though.  Looks like he's going to be far less annoying this season big_smile

Nov 05 12 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Jay2G Photography

Highland, Michigan, US

A lot of shows jump the shark when they introduce babies into the show smile Maybe they should have followed the comics more closely on this one.
   But MAN what a great episode. I had been tipped off in this forum somewhere that Lori would be dying. T-Dog dying surprised and pissed me off.  I'm wondering how they are going deal with what happened to Carol?  They found that thing that scarf or whatever was on her head but seeing the episode twice you see it is clearly on her head way past where Daryl found it. So is she dead or alive?  I want to see Andrea make it back to the group and then die a tragic death. I agree with whoever said she was stupid. She is.

Was anyone else just blown away by that final scene? WOW!  Did you get the feeling Maggie was scared to death approaching Rick?  Not just sad for being the bearer of bad news but she was terrified probably thinking Rick would quickly blame her. Anyone else get that feeling? Damn was that good.

Nov 05 12 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Quang Dang wrote:

+1

And T-Dog I don't get it why they decided to end his character. He just get more involved...

Don't worry.  They have a replacement black guy now.

Nov 05 12 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Jay2G Photography wrote:
A lot of shows jump the shark when they introduce babies into the show smile Maybe they should have followed the comics more closely on this one.
   But MAN what a great episode. I had been tipped off in this forum somewhere that Lori would be dying. T-Dog dying surprised and pissed me off.  I'm wondering how they are going deal with what happened to Carol?  They found that thing that scarf or whatever was on her head but seeing the episode twice you see it is clearly on her head way past where Daryl found it. So is she dead or alive?  I want to see Andrea make it back to the group and then die a tragic death. I agree with whoever said she was stupid. She is.

Was anyone else just blown away by that final scene? WOW!  Did you get the feeling Maggie was scared to death approaching Rick?  Not just sad for being the bearer of bad news but she was terrified probably thinking Rick would quickly blame her. Anyone else get that feeling? Damn was that good.

I think Carol is alive... just dropped her scarf.  Andrea is a ridiculous character and not very well acted since the first season when her sister died.  But she's not stupid.  She's finally found a home where she feels safe and doesn't want to run any more.

I don't think Maggie was scared.  I think she was overcome with the grief of watching Rick lose it.  That was Brad Pitt in Se7en caliber losing it, by the way... very well done.  He won't blame Maggie for anything.  But I do see his character changing severely now.  Maybe even stepping down as a leader for a while.

Daryl might have to step up for a bit and that will get all screwed up with the inevitable reunion with Merle.

I don't know, but I do love this show because they're not afraid to kill off any character.

Nov 05 12 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

Nicholas Fischer

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

I love Lauren Cohen so much, whenever she is upset(nearly every episode) I just wanna hug her and kiss her and maybe giver some breath mints and deodorant and Gillette razors and .... well I think about that stuff too much.

I would have preferred to see Lori die the way she did in the comics, so much more gory. I can't wait to see more of the dark side of the Governor, well the tv version.

Nov 05 12 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

C. Scott Photography

Huntington Beach, California, US

Jay2G Photography wrote:
Did you get the feeling Maggie was scared to death approaching Rick?  Not just sad for being the bearer of bad news but she was terrified probably thinking Rick would quickly blame her. Anyone else get that feeling? Damn was that good.

Yeah I was scared for her.

Rick's been barely hanging on by a string, and this was just so much that I figured he could be capable of anything.

I have a feeling he's going to cut every single zombie in the entire prison to pieces single handedly.  And when he's finished with the last one and completely spent, that's probably right when Merle and the Governor show up.

Nov 05 12 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Carol has got to go, everyone is capable of doing thier own laundry.

Andrea has to go, preferably after she just annoys Michonne and she takes ber head just cause.

TDog, that was a bummer. But he went out swingin'

Carl, is growing up so fast. It seams like just two seasons ago he was a lil kid. Now he is kicking ass.

John Locke really should have went on that walk-about.

The overall performance from the whole cast this week was really good

Nov 05 12 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

I doubt they'll do it, but I'd love to see the Governor's crew surround the prison and try to break in, while Rick's team holds them off.  And then when it seems they're running out of ammo to defend themselves; Rick turns on the generator and starts that alarm again, which brings a heard of zombies to kill all of them.  (I haven't read the comics, so I don't know where they're going to go with it all)

I do kinda' think they'll have to keep Carol around though.  I mean, Maggie's already taken and Carl has dibs on Hershel's other daughter, so there's not much female companionship left for the rest of the guys.  I figure once things quiet down a bit, Daryl will finally acknowledge he has "needs" and will finally hook up with her.  Of course, they'll eventually set a trailer home on blocks somewhere at the edge of the prison compound, where he and Carol will live and produce 3.5 children; and then the drinking and domestic violence will force Rick to go back into Deputy mode he'll have to keep running out there to calm them down.  But hey...she'll be happy she has a family again. 

As far as Carl goes; I think that kid is beyond repair now.  Bad enough he was already starting to resent her, but then not only did he have to see her bare mommy bits just before hitting puberty; he also had to put her down right afterward.  He's gonna' grow up to be one ruthless killer, in my opinion.  Against zombies of course.

Nov 05 12 11:35 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Did I miss something? Where the fuck did carol go?

Nov 11 12 08:31 pm Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

NicoleNudes wrote:
Did I miss something? Where the fuck did carol go?

Carol ran into the prison when the swarm came through the gates. T Dogg saved her and sacrificed himself. No one knows if she is alive or dead right now.

Nov 11 12 09:00 pm Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

NOt much happen this episode, I kind of feel like I wasted an hour. But, Andrea is finally starting to see what Michonne was talking about.

Nov 11 12 09:02 pm Link

Model

Goodbye4

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm dying waiting for next week. Bah.

Nov 11 12 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

JM Studios

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Frances Jewel wrote:
NOt much happen this episode, I kind of feel like I wasted an hour. But, Andrea is finally starting to see what Michonne was talking about.

What do you mean not much happened????  It's called character development and build up...we learned a little bit about zombies with the opening scene with the Governor and his daughter, we see Michonne being a bad ass and see that develop, we see the breakdown of Ricks Psyche....especially after last weekends episode....I mean what more do you want, do you think they should kill off more major characters?

Nov 11 12 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

R A V E N D R I V E

New York, New York, US

JM Studios wrote:

What do you mean not much happened????  It's called character development and build up...

well thats what people said about every episode last season, where not much happened

so I understand if people are cautious about the pace

this episode was a lot of fun!

Nov 11 12 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

JM Studios

R A V E N D R I V E wrote:

well thats what people said about every episode last season, where not much happened

so I understand if people are cautious about the pace

this episode was a lot of fun!

And....it was character development last season.  I had no problem with last season.  The show is and always will be more about the people rather than the zombies.

Nov 11 12 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Designit - Edward Olson

West Hollywood, California, US

Last week was a fail for me. I felt it from the start that it was going to be a melodrama, which is to say the opposite of a tragedy. In a melodrama, people could live or die, and it is simply the whim of the writer that decides it. In a tragedy, that people are going to die is foretold through storytelling (which could have been achieved in Lori's case if they hadn't had a person capable of delivering her baby who was conveniently removed from action just in time for her to need help, and if they had conveyed what Sarah Wayne Callies said somewhere -- that she played the character as if being pregnant were a death sentence). The other is T-Dog, who seemed to die on a whim, heroic though it may have been portrayed.

I have lost interest because I am vested in characters, not just zombies. If you kill off the people I like in a show, no added characters are going to matter to me. This Michonne character has zero interest for me. She doesn't seem like a bad-ass to me. Seems kind of bumbling, getting so close when the chopper was downed with her pets to make noise and alert the bad guys. That she wouldn't have known that EVERYONE is infected doesn't make sense. All that time and no one who wasn't bitten died with her to witness their transformation?

I don't buy it. The whole governor, etc., storyline is a big load of fail for me as well. Bad writing and directing in that first episode with him.

There are enough shows that I like without caring too much to drop this one.

Nov 11 12 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

JM Studios

Designit - Edward Olson wrote:
Last week was a fail for me. I felt it from the start that it was going to be a melodrama, which is to say the opposite of a tragedy. In a melodrama, people could live or die, and it is simply the whim of the writer that decides it. In a tragedy, that people are going to die is foretold through storytelling (which could have been achieved in Lori's case if they hadn't had a person capable of delivering her baby who was conveniently removed from action just in time for her to need help, and if they had conveyed what Sarah Wayne Callies said somewhere -- that she played the character as if being pregnant were a death sentence). The other is T-Dog, who seemed to die on a whim, heroic though it may have been portrayed.

I have lost interest because I am vested in characters, not just zombies. If you kill off the people I like in a show, no added characters are going to matter to me. This Michonne character has zero interest for me. She doesn't seem like a bad-ass to me. Seems kind of bumbling, getting so close when the chopper was downed with her pets to make noise and alert the bad guys. That she wouldn't have known that EVERYONE is infected doesn't make sense. All that time and no one who wasn't bitten died with her to witness their transformation?

I don't buy it. The whole governor, etc., storyline is a big load of fail for me as well. Bad writing and directing in that first episode with him.

There are enough shows that I like without caring too much to drop this one.

Nice story....see ya.

Nov 11 12 10:08 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Toledo, Ohio, US

https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcv8ehE0X1qhkgato1_500.jpg

Nov 12 12 04:55 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Frances Jewel wrote:

Carol ran into the prison when the swarm came through the gates. T Dogg saved her and sacrificed himself. No one knows if she is alive or dead right now.

Ohhhhh yeah. Now I remember! Thanks lol.

Nov 12 12 06:52 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

JM Studios wrote:
What do you mean not much happened????  It's called character development and build up...we learned a little bit about zombies with the opening scene with the Governor and his daughter, we see Michonne being a bad ass and see that develop, we see the breakdown of Ricks Psyche....especially after last weekends episode....I mean what more do you want, do you think they should kill off more major characters?

I like last night episode and have nothing to complain about it, just like last Season. I like how Daryl took the lead in situation of Rick's anger mind. But you know there's one or two persons after watching aren't happy cause they just don't get it...

If they kill off more major characters that would be really stupid move... Espiecally Not Daryl or His brother which I don't think it would happen.

Nov 12 12 07:02 am Link

Photographer

Jay2G Photography

Highland, Michigan, US

I thought last nights episode was awesome. Rick became a one man zombie killing machine!  I was left wanting MORE!  I found the little entertainment thing a little much but at least Andrea's eyes are opened now. Next week looks like it's going to be good. Really GOOD.

Nov 12 12 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

New York, New York, US

that was a good episode.. lots of side stories happening. next week is gonna be good when Andrea leaves the town. the Governor is one creepy guy!

who the fuck called the phone!!!

Nov 12 12 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Jay2G Photography wrote:
I thought last nights episode was awesome. Rick became a one man zombie killing machine!  I was left wanting MORE!  I found the little entertainment thing a little much but at least Andrea's eyes are opened now. Next week looks like it's going to be good. Really GOOD.

Wonder who is calling when Rick pick up the phone?
Want to see what the science guy experiment, why he needs lots power...

Guess I have to wait to this Sunday

Nov 12 12 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Toledo, Ohio, US

Wicked Photos wrote:

I think Rick is just having a mental break and the voices in his head are calling him

Nov 12 12 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

JM Studios

Wicked Photos wrote:
!

It's in the comics.....not going to say...unless if they change it from the comics.....you never know.

Nov 12 12 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Andrea: Die please
Rick: You the man, sorry for your loss but your wife was crap
Daryl: You the man for killing everything AND finding baby formula! "Veritas Aequitas"
Michonne: Get on with your bad ass self!
Herschal: Let's find a wheel for you man so you can mobilize better for your zombie destruction
Governor: You may have an issue or ten.
Glen: You the man, your girlfriend Maggie is hot.
Maggie: Your hot
Carl: When you grow up you are going to help Alice defeat the Umbrella Corp.
Prisoners 1&2: Nice job helping out, kinda like a work release program.

Did I forget anyone?

Nov 12 12 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Toledo, Ohio, US

bgcfoto wrote:
Andrea: Die please
Rick: You the man, sorry for your loss but your wife was crap
Daryl: You the man for killing everything AND finding baby formula! "Veritas Aequitas"
Michonne: Get on with your bad ass self!
Herschal: Let's find a wheel for you man so you can mobilize better for your zombie destruction
Governor: You may have an issue or ten.
Glen: You the man, your girlfriend Maggie is hot.
Maggie: Your hot
Carl: When you grow up you are going to help Alice defeat the Umbrella Corp.
Prisoners 1&2: Nice job helping out, kinda like a work release program.

Did I forget anyone?

Maggie's sister the hot blond little Carl has wood for

Nov 12 12 08:12 pm Link

Artist/Painter

bijan studio

TARZANA, California, US

Frances Jewel wrote:

Lori and the baby die in the comics, they have taken this in a whole different direction. I wonder how they will approach the baby living with them....

I didn't read the comics, but I think Lori is still alive. Carol saved her. The son didn't shoot her mom.

Even on next episodes Lori still plays in them:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0915637/film … #tt1520211

Sick (21 October 2012) - Lori Grimes 
Walk with Me (28 October 2012) - Lori Grimes (credit only) 
Killer Within (4 November 2012) - Lori Grimes 
Hounded (18 November 2012) - Lori Grimes 

Nov 13 12 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

bijan studio wrote:
but I think Lori is still alive. Carol saved her. The son didn't shoot her mom.

That thought crossed my mind too. Carol was preparing for a c-section situation.

Nov 13 12 09:05 pm Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Quang Dang wrote:

Wonder who is calling when Rick pick up the phone?
Want to see what the science guy experiment, why he needs lots power...

Guess I have to wait to this Sunday

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558805_409851139087415_263974154_n.png

My thoughts:

Andrea wants the Governor's D.

My heart melts more and more for Daryl. I love his sweet side. I'm wondering what happens when he and Merle reunite. Will he stick up for his brother or for Rick?

Nov 14 12 06:43 am Link

Photographer

Jay2G Photography

Highland, Michigan, US

-Nicole- wrote:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558805_409851139087415_263974154_n.png

My thoughts:

My heart melts more and more for Daryl. I love his sweet side. I'm wondering what happens when he and Merle reunite. Will he stick up for his brother or for Rick?

Great post, that's hilarious. I'm sure Merle will try the ol blood is thicker than water thing but I see Daryl maybe having  hand in Merles death or maybe being forced to kill him himself. I don't see the Merle character being around after this season. He does not fit  into the group on any level.

Nov 14 12 07:39 am Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Jay2G Photography wrote:

Great post, that's hilarious. I'm sure Merle will try the ol blood is thicker than water thing but I see Daryl maybe having  hand in Merles death or maybe being forced to kill him himself. I don't see the Merle character being around after this season. He does not fit  into the group on any level.

I think the same thing. I see Merle's (potential) death at the hands of his own brother to protect the group.

I haven't read the comics so I don't know Merle's outcome.

Nov 14 12 07:52 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Hahahahahaha!! Nice wazzzzuppp!!

Hum good question regarding Daryl and Merle. But I think he will go back with his brother and join the Gouvernor's team assuming I don't read any Comics books...

-Nicole- wrote:

My thoughts:

Nov 14 12 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I think she's still alive too, they didn't really show if Carl really killed her which he couldn't do...

bijan studio wrote:

I didn't read the comics, but I think Lori is still alive. Carol saved her. The son didn't shoot her mom.

Even on next episodes Lori still plays in them:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0915637/film … #tt1520211

Sick (21 October 2012) - Lori Grimes 
Walk with Me (28 October 2012) - Lori Grimes (credit only) 
Killer Within (4 November 2012) - Lori Grimes 
Hounded (18 November 2012) - Lori Grimes 

Nov 14 12 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Sneak Peek of Episode 6: Hounded

tonite

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/v … ad-hounded

Are u guys excited?

Nov 18 12 02:16 pm Link