Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The "height thing" in dating

Model

Noy Liron L

Miami, Florida, US

I'm 5'5, while I have not much height limits in dating (long as it's not too tall or too short), there have been men who get annoyed when me, or other women, wear heels near them because we get slightly taller than them.

Current bf is 5'6, thankfully, he's ok with it. You guys/girls?

Jun 08 12 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticPhotography

Buffalo, New York, US

Noy Liron L wrote:
Current bf is 5'6, thankfully, he's ok with it.

If he wasn't okay with being 5'6"; what would he do about it?

Jun 08 12 06:49 pm Link

Model

Noy Liron L

Miami, Florida, US

ArtisticPhotography wrote:

Thankfully, he's ok with me being in heels

Jun 08 12 06:50 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

you're 5'5 and men get annoyed when you wear heels?

lol...

I'm 6'1, my boyfriend is 6'5 (holland has a lot of giants), I wear heels all the time

I had shorter boyfriends and they got annoyed as well, but that's really their problem and not mine. can't handle my height, then don't date me. and even though I really don't mind dating shorter guys, I am very happy that my current boyfriend is taller than me...
I love being able to feel small next to him (which rarely happens), that I have to lift my face or stand on my toes a bit to kiss him, that I can lie in that cute little hole in his armpit/chest at night, that when he spoons me, his face can rest on my shoulders, that when he hugs me, I feel like I can disappear in his arms, and that I don't have to be the strong, independent one all the time. and heels, of course smile

oh, and he sometimes lovingly calls me "the little one", or refers to me as the little one to others (last time his mother told him he should shave because his beard was getting kind of long, and he replied with "nono, the little one likes it like this"). I love him even just for that big_smile

Jun 08 12 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

R A V E N D R I V E

New York, New York, US

haha ask an actually tall girl about her situation

anyway other girls notice height discrepancies, the taller girl you are with notices the height discrepancy, and subsequently the guy will notice it too

don't know why it original became a point of contention, but its something people will be self-conscious about for you, until you are self conscious about it

Jun 08 12 06:51 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Personally, I tend to only date guys taller than me. I'm 5'7, but I really really love my 4 or 5 inch heels. So basically, if the guy isn't 5'10 or taller it's probably not going to work.

I donno, I've just always been that way. I like feeling small compared to my guy. All the guys I've had a serious relationship with have been 6'0 or taller with the exception of my first bf who was 5'11.

Jun 08 12 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

john_ellis

Spokane, Washington, US

ArtisticPhotography wrote:

Probably rely on after-market parts.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HHayhGVZKoE/S8nAZBTlBXI/AAAAAAAADuw/ACwdS7RoRmw/s1600/personallyoneofmyfavorites-1.jpg

Jun 08 12 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

dcsmooth

Detroit, Michigan, US

My wife is 3" taller than I am without shoes. Never bothered her when we were dating, and apparently still doesn't since we have been married a long time. Doesn't matter to me either.

When she puts on heels, the difference is even more apparent, I can look over her shoulder quite nicely.

Jun 08 12 06:53 pm Link

Model

M A U I

Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe

Anna Adrielle wrote:
you're 5'5 and men get annoyed when you wear heels?

lol...

I'm 6'1, my boyfriend is 6'5 (holland has a lot of giants), I wear heels all the time

I had shorter boyfriends and they got annoyed as well, but that's really their problem and not mine. can't handle my height, then don't date me.

The Netherlands thing is sooo true. Being 5'10 in there is like being being 5'7 in the US. lol

Jun 08 12 06:55 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

M A U I wrote:

The Netherlands thing is sooo true. Being 5'10 in there is like being being 5'7 in the US. lol

yup :p

the average dutch guy is 6'1, but that's REALLY average... my boyfriend is actually 6'4 and a half, and he's annoyed that he isn't 6'5. sometimes, he's the shortest in his group of friends.

Jun 08 12 06:56 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Anna Adrielle wrote:
I love being able to feel small next to him (which rarely happens), that I have to lift my face or stand on my toes a bit to kiss him, that I can lie in that cute little hole in his armpit/chest at night, that when he spoons me, his face can rest on my shoulders, that when he hugs me, I feel like I can disappear in his arms, and that I don't have to be the strong, independent one all the time. and heels, of course smile

Pretty much all of this big_smile I feel the exact same way.

Jun 08 12 06:56 pm Link

Model

M A U I

Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe

Anna Adrielle wrote:

the average dutch guy is 6'1, but that's REALLY average... my boyfriend is actually 6'4 and a half, and he's annoyed that he isn't 6'5. sometimes, he's the shortest in his group of friends.

He's 6'4 1/2" and he's still complaining? The hell?

No offence

Jun 08 12 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Big deal over nothing more than insecurities.  Meh I'm short, what of it?

Jun 08 12 07:02 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

A woman's height shouldn't bother you.

Whether she is 5'0" or 6'2" all women are exactly the same height in bed. big_smile

No seriously a man who cares about your height is really just insecure with his own. Personally I like tall women, that way I am just the right height when I am on my knees wink

Jun 08 12 07:04 pm Link

Model

Martina VK

Moskovskiy, Moskovskaya Oblast, Russia

I have no height limits too. But I wouldn't date a guy whose ass I can kick in a few seconds.

Jun 08 12 07:05 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

M A U I wrote:

He's 6'4 1/2" and he's still complaining? The hell?

No offence

yeah well, he was 6'2 by the time he was 12 (no joke...), and doctors had told him he would be 6'7 in the end, so for him it's a bummer that he stopped at 6'4 1/2 :p. plus that in his environment, it's not even *that*tall. he never gets comments like "wow you're tall" or anything like that, he's just pretty normal.

Jun 08 12 07:06 pm Link

Model

Noy Liron L

Miami, Florida, US

Anna Adrielle wrote:
yeah well, he was 6'2 by the time he was 12 (no joke...), and doctors had told him he would be 6'7 in the end, so for him it's a bummer that he stopped at 6'4 1/2 :p. plus that in his environment, it's not even *that*tall. he never gets comments like "wow you're tall" or anything like that, he's just pretty normal.

Some people should just realize that human attributes over time cannot be perfectly calculated.

Jun 08 12 07:07 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

NicoleNudes wrote:
Pretty much all of this big_smile I feel the exact same way.

it's so nice smile

oh man, i'm feeling so lovey dovey now... so excuse this blatant showcase of my love :p
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120424/07/4f96b85d9be1a_m.jpg
(me standing right behind him in 4 inch heels, *sigh*)

Jun 08 12 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Here in the Bay area the men and women are taller than the average compared to the rest of the States, minus the southern States, Alabama etc. People here are tall and lean. I am tall and come from tall stalk. My late old man wasn't tall though. He was the shortest of the siblings.  5'5" isn't what I'd call tall. More like average.

Jun 08 12 07:14 pm Link

Model

M A U I

Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe

john_ wrote:

Probably rely on after-market parts.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HHayhGVZKoE/S8nAZBTlBXI/AAAAAAAADuw/ACwdS7RoRmw/s1600/personallyoneofmyfavorites-1.jpg

I just looked up Prince's height

Wow, just wow

Jun 08 12 07:20 pm Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

M A U I wrote:

Wow, just wow

I've met him.....he's tiny....about 5'4" in heels.

Jun 08 12 07:25 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

M A U I wrote:

Wow, just wow

I saw him perform live twice. that man is a very short, very powerful explosion of raw sexual energy. I'd date him big_smile

Jun 08 12 07:25 pm Link

Model

M A U I

Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe

Paige Morgan wrote:

I've met him.....he's tiny....about 5'4" in heels.

Yeah, most sources say he's 5'2. He's pure awesome though

Jun 08 12 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

starkfauxto

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Never dated anyone under 6'0, so that's me you see clumsily sneaking along in the uber platforms...

I'm 5'2, he's 6'4" yet 69 still works out, the human body is amazing, height doesn't matter

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k201/anjanettestark/ChicagoZellwegerGere.jpg

Jun 08 12 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

alessandro2009

Florence, Toscana, Italy

The "height thing" in dating

For me is only one, of the many, girls problems ...
While i'm not affected if the girl is taller than me and also she put even high heels.

Nota:
I like a lot sandals high heels ...

Jun 08 12 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

Anonymous One

Atlanta, Georgia, US

This is a first. Usually, from my experience, it's always the woman whose very extreme about height. I hardly ever hear of men rejecting women over their height. Doesn't mean that it never happens though.

I'm not a tall guy, I'm only 5'6. I've never had an issue with a tall woman, but I've been rejected my whole life for not being at least 6 ft. or taller.

Jun 09 12 03:54 am Link

Model

SigneSigne

Coventry, England, United Kingdom

Anna Adrielle wrote:

/packing my suitcases and fleeing to that part of the world/
big_smile

I've ended up with someone who is approx. 2 inches shorter than me.No heels for me sad

Jun 09 12 04:06 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

starkfauxto wrote:
https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k201/anjanettestark/ChicagoZellwegerGere.jpg

False height disparity. She's sitting on his lap.

Jun 09 12 04:11 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

SigneSigne wrote:

/packing my suitcases and fleeing to that part of the world/
big_smile

I've ended up with someone who is approx. 2 inches shorter than me.No heels for me sad

the 2 shortest guys I dated were both barely 5'7.
One was superstrong and confident, and could easily pick me up and push me against the wall. he didn't mind that I was taller because he was still confidetnt enough to feel like the man in the relationship. it was supersexy.

the second one however made me walk on the street while he walked on the sidewalk, so we would appear the same height, would always stand one step above me on an escalator and once we took a trip to the canary islands together and when some random dude yelled from across the street "she's too tall for you" he spend the whole day in the hotel room crying. not sexy. he eventually cheated on me with a girl that was 5'2 (and superpetite, and blonde, and bigboobed, and quite frankly pretty stupid). should have seen that one coming big_smile

Jun 09 12 04:13 am Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Houston, Arkansas, US

It is important which is one of the reasons I don't date much at all .. this place is crawling with shrimps  wink

Jun 09 12 05:06 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Jennifer Barker wrote:
It is important which is one of the reasons I don't date much at all .. this place is crawling with shrimps  wink

lol

Jun 09 12 05:12 am Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Jennifer Barker wrote:

You should start baggin those suckers you could make a fortune in the shrimp business.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09KL2HUXE6Q

Jun 09 12 05:17 am Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Houston, Arkansas, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:

You should start baggin those suckers you could make a fortune in the shrimp business.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09KL2HUXE6Q

lol  I do love that movie  smile

Jun 09 12 05:33 am Link

Model

Andrea Rosu

San Francisco, California, US

M A U I wrote:

Try being 5'4" there!! I lived in the NL for several years. I never got over how I felt like a child!!

Jun 09 12 06:51 am Link

Model

M A U I

Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe

Gryph wrote:
Big deal over nothing more than insecurities.  Meh I'm short, what of it?

ANy problems with women? Just askin...

Jun 09 12 06:59 am Link

Model

M A U I

Harare, Harare, Zimbabwe

Carter Rich Studios wrote:
This is a first. Usually, from my experience, it's always the woman whose very extreme about height. I hardly ever hear of men rejecting women over their height. Doesn't mean that it never happens though.

I'm not a tall guy, I'm only 5'6. I've never had an issue with a tall woman, but I've been rejected my whole life for not being at least 6 ft. or taller.

Women aren't really hung up on height where I come from....

Jun 09 12 07:15 am Link

Model

JadeDRed

London, England, United Kingdom

Never been an issue, and i've dated tall guys and short guys.

Jun 09 12 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

I'm 5'10.  I haven't met many women who are taller than me.  For those who are ... it will either work or it will not.  Most things about a person's appearance, including height and weight, are a non issue for me.  It's more about who they are than what they look like. 

If I were 5'2 or so, I'd still date a woman who was 6'4 or more if she were interested ... I'd just be really annoyed that I was so much shorter than most other people (not just women).  It seems that when I go out now, I'm the shortest guy in the group.  I've always thought I wanted to be 6'7, but it did occur to me that people who are that tall wish they were 7 feet ... and those who are 7 feet want to be 7'6 or maybe even 6'6 (it seems like after a while, more height is just an annoyance).

So ... I just stick with what I have (not that I have much choice) and cope with "always" being the shortest guy in the group.

Jun 09 12 10:54 am Link

Model

liindsay ann

Cleveland, Ohio, US

i wish i had that problem sad  lol jk.. at least you're not too tall or short.. sometimes I feel obligated to wear heels when I go out, or see my friends wear them bc i'm 5'1.. it's hard either way..

Jun 09 12 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Wysiwyg Photography

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I'm Short.. girls don't want to date short guys...

When you hear a girl describe who she wants to date you always hear "Tall" in the part of the description...

I have never heard a woman say "OMG! I just meat this GORGEOUS man.. HE - IS - SOOO - SHORT!.... I can even put him in my purse and everything!"

Jun 09 12 11:04 am Link