Forums > Newbie Forum > Is there anything on model can do about ...

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Jun 13 12 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

For your next photo shoot, try a plumber?

Jun 13 12 10:42 pm Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Jun 13 12 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Charlie-CNP

New York, New York, US

To the OP:  I believe you have your answer and well learned your lesson from your thread, and I do not mean to derail your thread and mean no offense, but per your profile it states:

"about me: I have been modeling for about 15 years and the last 3 years a lot more often."...... 

No offense, but if you have been modeling for 15 years, surely you would have had more than one occasion where you may have had a TF* session with a newbie that does not know how to shoot and would know not to work with them 12 times.

With that said, TF* sessions are indeed a collaboration product between that of everyone on the team creating said images and the interaction between those individuals. If you have been modeling for 15 years, my suggestion would be to discuss further shoots with said photographer on shoot number 2 when you realize from the get go that they are inexperienced. I have worked with models that have only had a hand full of shoots, and even they will leave GWC's that have no experience at their craft.  Also, some people simply do not gel well together creatively. It happens out there. Find those that you do work well with and move on.    Good luck.

Jun 13 12 10:47 pm Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Jun 13 12 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

intense_puppy

Brighton, England, United Kingdom

Kelly  Y wrote:
but NONE in eigher cd was photo shopped due to him not believing in editing nor photoshop.

How does one not believe in editing or retouching? Sorry, I'm baffled.
Maybe he can't operate a mouse due to shaky hands?

Jun 14 12 03:04 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Kelly  Y wrote:
sorry for your experience as well.

Bit of perspective please - nobody died!

Bottom line is that you worked with him 12 times. 'Feeling sorry for him' is a silly reason to quote. I suspect there was another reason.

You may shoot with somebody again if it didn't work out the first time but 12 times is ridiculous. You've only yourself to blame.

In fact, I'm not sure why people are giving you any sympathy - if a photographer posted here saying that he arranged a shoot with a llama that flaked on him/her 12 times they'd get slaughtered!

Jun 14 12 04:14 am Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Post hidden on Jun 14, 2012 09:44 am
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
No personal attacks, please.

Jun 14 12 09:22 am Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Post hidden on Jun 14, 2012 09:45 am
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
The quote included in this post is easily Googled, which means it effectively outs the photographer.  Please don't do that.

Jun 14 12 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Not every martini is a good one.

Jun 14 12 09:42 am Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Jun 14 12 09:50 am Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

nm

Jun 14 12 09:52 am Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Jun 14 12 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Kelly  Y wrote:
working with a photog. in a TFCD which there wasn't even one useable image due to lighting ,a shaking of photog's hands,blue and/or red lines on face and body (I guess due to new camra lens)?

learn from the experience and not work with them or others like them again.  Make sure you thoroughly review their work to make sure they can deliver.

Jun 14 12 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
For your next photo shoot, try a plumber?

You rang?

Jun 14 12 10:34 am Link

Photographer

H5D PHOTOGRAPHER

Gig Harbor, Washington, US

Instead of rolling the dice & shooting TF that isn't paying off... Try approaching photographers you like (ask other models that have worked with those photographers what they thought) & enquire about hiring them to shoot what you want.... Just a thought.

Jun 14 12 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Hill Country Vision

Brownwood, Texas, US

Kelly Anne-Marie wrote:
With all his "experience", if the work you got from him was crap, its a better than even chance the images in his MM port may not be his.  I've already see this numerous times here.  I typcially see it when there is a major difference in the quality of images they show.  Some are obviously professional, others are chitty on-camera flash with no technical merits whatsoever.
Not only is it a bad idea, because he can never produce the caliber of work he shows, but its also illegal if he is using someone elses work as his own.

Whew,  I thought for a moment you were talking about me.  Then I saw your post that none of said photographers images were posted on your profile (you took them down).  Two of mine, still in your portfolio (although you didn't give me credit as the photographer) are: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 4#29603844
and
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 6#29603686

Besides, all of the images posted in my portfolio (now & in the past) are mine.

Since you blocked me, I cannot ask if you ever got a ride to that other photographers photoshoot.  I wasn't able to take you on June 14th like you asked, because my sister came in from California.

GBY,

Bud

Sep 02 12 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Hill Country Vision

Brownwood, Texas, US

Kelly Anne-Marie wrote:
working with a photog. in a TFCD which there wasn't even one useable image due to lighting ,a shaking of photog's hands,blue and/or red lines on face and body (I guess due to new camra lens)?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29829325

This must be another unusable image you put up yesterday.  I'm pretty sure now, this post wasn't directed at me.  I just wish you'd give me credit as the photographer.

Sep 06 12 07:21 am Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

Kelly Anne-Marie wrote:

Excuse me but I am NOT,nor will I be responsible for a photog's job!!!

Thanks for your time and input.

you ARE however responsible for choosing to work with someone who can't deliver. If you're doing this as a hobby then continue on the TF only path. If you plan on making money, then it requires not only a stellar portfolio, but the ability to network, not burn bridges and to put out consistantly good work. The stellar portfolio part rarely comes from just TF in my opinion unless a model has the natural talent and looks to grace the cover of Playboy, Maxim, etc.

Sep 06 12 07:35 am Link

Model

Lethal Leta

Denton, Texas, US

I'd just say we were all clueless once, at least you learned something, hopefully everyone did, and you were just out some time. In the event you're proper sore about it, kick em in the shin and savor that moment, then try your hand at sweet talking to endebt the poor shook up, now bruised photog into .... Pick your pleasure...who may turn out kinda rad later.

Sep 06 12 07:42 am Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Sep 07 12 08:33 pm Link

Model

Cole Morrison

Portland, Oregon, US

reshoot.

Sep 07 12 08:45 pm Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Sep 07 12 08:49 pm Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Sep 07 12 08:53 pm Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Sep 07 12 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Hill Country Vision

Brownwood, Texas, US

Kelly Anne-Marie wrote:

I really put that in my port to see what kind of comments it would get,IF ANY., I guess I could take that one down and upload what came out of the camera and see what that one gets.

Yes, please do.

Sep 08 12 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

Hill Country Vision

Brownwood, Texas, US

Kelly Anne-Marie wrote:
I really put that in my port to see what kind of comments it would get,IF ANY., I guess I could take that one down and upload what came out of the camera and see what that one gets.

Hill Country Vision wrote:
Yes, please do.

If you don't have "what came out of the camera", I do.

Oct 11 12 05:44 pm Link

Model

Hillary K Frazier

Savannah, Georgia, US

the way i see it is they were doing you a favor by trying to give you images for your port! they got paid nothing in return and neither did you! you both broke even lol.

Oct 11 12 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

The F-Stop

New York, New York, US

SOmetimes there are technical difficulties, there is nothing anyone can do about that, it happens. Perhpas a second shoot, give him another chance to make it up to you?

Oct 11 12 06:25 pm Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Oct 11 12 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

Ufa, Bashkortostan, Russia

well, I'm not sure the woman was happy with Picasso's work either:

http://www.inminds.com/picasso-weeping-woman-1937.jpg

or this particular guy was obsessed with Van Gogh's:

http://paintingsforsalediscount.com/image-paintings/vincent-van-gogh/vincent-van-gogh-portrait-of-a-man-2693.jpg

the bottom line -- I cannot tell you without actually seeing the subject of discussion.
many photographers use blur and other "ugly" effects on purpose. it's difficult to come up with something objective hearing only one side of a story.

Oct 11 12 10:34 pm Link

Photographer

Anarchy 999

Greytown, Wellington, New Zealand

Kelly Anne-Marie wrote:
..shaking of photog's hands..

What were you doing gurl that he was shaking so much?

Oct 12 12 01:17 am Link

Photographer

Hill Country Vision

Brownwood, Texas, US

Kelly Anne-Marie wrote:

Yes, please do.

If you don't have "what came out of the camera", I do.

Kelly Anne-Marie wrote:
Whatever you are talking about in this thread makes NO SENSE, please stop stalking me, Thanks.

Not stalking.  Some accusations were made and I want the truth to come out.  "The truth will set you free".

Oct 12 12 06:31 am Link

Model

SweetGirlyGirl2

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Atleast it was TFP..
And this won't be the last time this happens to you.

Oct 12 12 04:05 pm Link