Forums > General Industry > I was actually told this by a model.

Photographer

Paul Pardue Photography

Oakland, California, US

Drew Smith Photography wrote:

You're being unnecessarily pedantic.

I do studio shoots. I don't get in the studio and then move everybody outside to shoot in natural light. The Mantra above is a general rule when you have OPTIONS and NOT when you are contrained or have specific lighting goals in mind.

I always try to have specific lighting goals in mind when doing a shoot...  sometimes it's natural light sometimes it's flash.

Regardless, I believe that when you do have options you pick what ever best suits the goals and look you're after, rather then what's 'easiest'.  Of course, just because it's more work doesn't mean it'll net you a better photo.  Just pick what tools and techniques are best for the shot you have in mind.

Aug 24 12 01:19 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I find that natural light usually fares better than studio shots by far.

Lighting, lighting, lighting!
384.6 yottawatt bulb in the sky.

Aug 24 12 02:29 am Link

Photographer

John The Photo Guy

La Vergne, Tennessee, US

OP: His true colors are shining through! Be thankful and move on!

Aug 28 12 03:28 am Link

Photographer

Black Dog Studios RI

Providence, Rhode Island, US

Oops! Posted in error...

Aug 28 12 03:31 am Link

Model

Myrna Byrna

Chicago, Illinois, US

Gennaver wrote:
Hi again,
So my port was completely overhauled all in one test shoot, and in natural light. smile Not only that but, I have another member profile that mostly is from that same shoot.... natural light too. smile

Jen- aka Myrna Byrna too https://www.modelmayhem.com/2720769

Hi again,
I've had more natural light shooting but, in this port now too. :0) I am such a fan of outdoor shooting. I also admire indoor lighting too but, for now am a fan of the sky ahead, or, as in my last shoot, the trees.
Jen
p.s. edit to add that my avi and the blue jacket shot in my port were not natural light, but, at least, still outdoors!

Aug 28 12 08:47 pm Link