Forums > Critique > My opinion for yours

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Simply tell me what you think and I will tell you what I think.

Aug 24 12 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

bruce blosser

Mendocino, California, US

what  makes you think  i  want to know what you think?  smile)))

Aug 24 12 06:38 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

bruce blosser wrote:
what  makes you think  i  want to know what you think?  smile)))

I think that you really try to find something sensual in everything you shoot.  Soft..delicate..smooth and sensual that is what I see in your port smile

Aug 24 12 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Laurence Moan

Huntington Beach, California, US

I think I'd like to see you in a gif.

What do you think?

Aug 24 12 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Jessie Shannon wrote:

I think you pretty much have the Maxim and Playboy style nailed perfectly. If you blend beauty, amazing body, talent and confidence, you have one of the best models on MM. That is what I think.

And I think this is my fav or yours. I have it listed in my "Hall of Fame" for amazing bootties

P.S.--the only thing I would like to see a bit more of is artistic nudes. The one I notice......well.....WOW!!

Aug 24 12 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Tirado Photography

New York, New York, US

I think you have a great look and style.

Aug 24 12 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Tran

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Michigan talent! Your portfolio is really nice, one of the best model i've seen from the state.

Aug 24 12 07:27 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Laurence Moan wrote:
I think I'd like to see you in a gif.

What do you think?

You are in luck! wink

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv132/Jessiegirl727/THEjessiegifgif.gif

Aug 24 12 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

DVP Photography

Broomfield, Colorado, US

I think you are one of the sexiest glamour models in the known universe.  Body, beauty, talent, posing, and sensousness, you have it all. I would love to have your honest comments on my portfolio.

Aug 24 12 08:49 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Peach Jones wrote:
I think you pretty much have the Maxim and Playboy style nailed perfectly. If you blend beauty, amazing body, talent and confidence, you have one of the best models on MM. That is what I think.

And I think this is my fav or yours. I have it listed in my "Hall of Fame" for amazing bootties

P.S.--the only thing I would like to see a bit more of is artistic nudes. The one I notice......well.....WOW!!

Thank you! I really appreciate all of the kind words smile  My opinion of your work is that you love to play with light and you do it well.  I think you lean towards shadow and use that to create a nice mood and you do it well.  I can honestly say that I really like what I see.  I also see you enjoy bodyscapes smile

Aug 24 12 08:54 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Paul Tirado Photography wrote:
I think you have a great look and style.

Thank you Paul smile  In your work I see eloquence, refinement.  Very skilled and controlled.  Masterful in your techniques smile

Aug 24 12 08:58 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Thomas Tran wrote:
Michigan talent! Your portfolio is really nice, one of the best model i've seen from the state.

Awww thanks Thomas smile

So with you I see a nice use of natural light, a nice blend of good looking models and your post work looks good smile  I like it!  I would lose the train track shot though..imho only.  It's cliche but again that is only my opinion, many people may like them hmm

Aug 24 12 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I think you've got the glam thing nailed - the posing nuances, the moods, the looks -

I think you've shot with some of the best

Judging by your port I think you like the contrasty, the edgy a bit more than the softer approach, and this works for you

What I would wish would be to see some traditional beauty work in your port,  and a little more of the softly sensual and elegantly understated.  Only my viewpoint  as a viewer of your work, which is certainly smashing in its own right.

Aug 24 12 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jessie Shannon wrote:

You are in luck! wink

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv132/Jessiegirl727/THEjessiegifgif.gif

The rest of the video is so much better wink that is really all I had to contribute.

If you feel like reviewing my work again feel free, you know my favorite of you is still the old avi of the white crop sweater.

Aug 24 12 09:08 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

DVP Photography wrote:
I think you are one of the sexiest glamour models in the known universe.  Body, beauty, talent, posing, and sensousness, you have it all. I would love to have your honest comments on my portfolio.

Well damn the whole Universe?  Thanks luv! smile  Well I think you like muscular women and bright colors wink  Ok honest opinion.  I'd like to see some more creativity from the standpoint of using all backdrops.  I would love to see you outside or in a different setting.  Maybe a home, or a park etc.  I think your lighting works in a lot of shots but sometimes seems bit flat maybe try to add a bit more drama to the lighting.  My biggest recommendation would be to work with your models a little more on posing and expressions as that may be some of the reason I am seeing some of the images as flat.  Overall though I think you are making improvements from beginning to end of your port and will continue to do so smile

Aug 24 12 09:14 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

AJScalzitti wrote:
The rest of the video is so much better wink that is really all I had to contribute.

If you feel like reviewing my work again feel free, you know my favorite of you is still the old avi of the white crop sweater.

But the rest of the video is naked wink  MM rules and all lol

ps that one is 54473 views 487 comments 558 lists and counting wink Not sure I will ever top it, it's been published 3 times and been on a billboard.

Aug 24 12 09:15 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Fotografica Gregor wrote:
I think you've got the glam thing nailed - the posing nuances, the moods, the looks -

I think you've shot with some of the best

Judging by your port I think you like the contrasty, the edgy a bit more than the softer approach, and this works for you

What I would wish would be to see some traditional beauty work in your port,  and a little more of the softly sensual and elegantly understated.  Only my viewpoint  as a viewer of your work, which is certainly smashing in its own right.

Thank you! And I agree I will be focusing on adding some softer more sensual work in the near future as well as putting a focus on beauty.  My opinion of your work and I know I have told you I love it in the past so I will take a different approach. If photography could resemble a formal education at an ivy league school it would be your work imo.  Very studied and refined.  Formal but experimental with light and movement.....hope that made sense smile

Aug 24 12 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Jessie Shannon wrote:
Thank you! And I agree I will be focusing on adding some softer more sensual work in the near future as well as putting a focus on beauty.  My opinion of your work and I know I have told you I love it in the past so I will take a different approach. If photography could resemble a formal education at an ivy league school it would be your work imo.  Very studied and refined.  Formal but experimental with light and movement.....hope that made sense smile

I am honored.  Truly.  I go through spells of not liking my work at all.  It really makes a difference to hear something supportive now and then, and especially from someone of your experience and talent....

And I honestly cannot wait to release the dozen or so fashion stories I have in publications over the next six months or so smile   That represents my best work by far.

Thank you again - and it goes without saying, that I would love to have the opportunity to work with you one day.

Cheers -

Gregor

Aug 24 12 09:38 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It's funny that no one has ragged on me for having a cell phone pic avi or the cell phone pic itself yet haha. *was waiting for it*

Aug 24 12 09:47 pm Link

Model

GenesisAn

Milpitas, California, US

I think you have a great body and perfect for pin up or classic glam smile

Aug 24 12 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

MKPhoto

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

These few "candids" are perfect addition to the 50 super duper glam shots: A quintessential girl next door.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120510/18/4fac66e484b67_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120819/17/5031878652263_m.jpg

Aug 24 12 09:57 pm Link

Model

LisaInLondon

London, England, United Kingdom

All I can think of is why on earth you have a phone shot as your profile picture. Looks as though you're just starting out, while you have a lot of experience and awesome work in your portfolio.

Aug 25 12 03:00 am Link

Photographer

JustinAllenPhotography

San Jose, California, US

not sure how to play this game but i'd love to start and get involved ill repost in the morning if someone gives their input about me or if i see someone post after ill do it for them in hope of exchange for me otherwise

lizaK

your photos are just as beautiful as you are but i would really love to see some on location shoots, thats just my style studio shoots are fun but when you go out and explore its better than staying inside and just well staying inside

Aug 25 12 03:04 am Link

Photographer

Dan Brady

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Jessie Shannon wrote:

This shot is perfection
http://www.modelmayhem.com/1028874#28159024

I love the lip biting expression on your face

You did well as a model and the photog did well to throw the background out with exposure to focus on your strong look.

Well done smile

Aug 25 12 07:46 am Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Just letting you know I'm not ignoring any of you just busy today.  I will be getting back to everyone soon smile

Aug 25 12 03:08 pm Link

Model

Cole Morrison

Portland, Oregon, US

impressive portfolio that i did not expect due to your avatar choice

Aug 26 12 03:41 am Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

AJScalzitti wrote:

Ok I made a couple of new ones just for you wink  NSFW 18++++ yada yada yada:

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv13 … udegif.gif

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/vv13 … gifweb.gif

Also as far as your work you already know I like it, so for this critique I will just let you know the feeling your work gives off. It's bright, airy, gives a nice gentle vibe smile  You are really good at what you do and  if I had to sum your work up to one word it would be luxury.

Aug 27 12 03:32 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Anneliese Yang wrote:
I think you have a great body and perfect for pin up or classic glam smile

Thank you Anneliese smile  You have a beautiful face...the only problem is that it is all I see in your port.  Would love for you to add some 3/4 or full body shots.  But, I see you are expanding your port so maybe we will see that soon?

Aug 27 12 03:39 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I think you have a beautiful figure and really nice poses, and I wonder why you keep the phone shot when you have much better pictures to use instead.

Aug 27 12 03:48 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MKPhoto wrote:
These few "candids" are perfect addition to the 50 super duper glam shots: A quintessential girl next door.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120510/18/4fac66e484b67_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120819/17/5031878652263_m.jpg

Ahh yes at this point I figured it would be a good idea to add a few "candids" and let people see what I look like everyday. And thank you smile

Your work is full of unique, creative poses and you obviously prefer b&W and shadow.  A lot of your shots are figure studies to me and if I was to sum your port up on one word it would be graceful smile  Even the bondage shots..seem graceful to me .

Aug 27 12 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Los Angeles, California, US

I think you are an excellent glam model.

Aug 27 12 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

R Dukeshire Photography

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Very attractive woman with a great figure. You clearly have been with some very talented photographers. Too much emphasis on make up, I'd love to see you without any. Less is more other than that great portfolio.

Aug 27 12 03:57 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

LizaK wrote:
All I can think of is why on earth you have a phone shot as your profile picture. Looks as though you're just starting out, while you have a lot of experience and awesome work in your portfolio.

Haha yeah I did it just to have one up as I see many other people do it and people always want to see un retouched images.  I made it my avi as a joke and people really liked it so I kept it up for a while smile  Thank you btw smile

So being honest here with your port I sense a hesitation, or maybe what I don't sense is confidence.  The expressions tell me you are unsure of yourself while shooting. It's just my opinion and could very well be wrong, but I think you can open up a lot more and KNOW that you ARE confident , then it will show in your expressions.  You have no reason not to be honestly, so don't hold back or worry to much or think to much while you are shooting...just simply rock big_smile    Hope that ramble made sense hmm

Aug 27 12 03:57 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

JustinAllenPhotography wrote:
not sure how to play this game but i'd love to start and get involved ill repost in the morning if someone gives their input about me or if i see someone post after ill do it for them in hope of exchange for me otherwise

lizaK

your photos are just as beautiful as you are but i would really love to see some on location shoots, thats just my style studio shoots are fun but when you go out and explore its better than staying inside and just well staying inside

Well you were supposed to give your opinion of me but ok lol.  I think you do well with natural light, and that's cool, I would still like to see some more dramatic lighting with strobes, even on location but it's my opinion only.  I see a lot of experimentation in your work, which is not a bad thing I can just tell you are trying new things or remaking things you see.  Some of them are not 100% but you are doing well and will nail them as you go.

Aug 27 12 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Let me know what you think.   smile

Aug 27 12 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Snyder Studios

Los Angeles, California, US

Stellar images all around. Whatever "It" is, you definitely have "It".

Aug 27 12 04:43 pm Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

Santa Rosa, California, US

I think you're an amazing and successful model who I have looked up to for over a year. I agree with someone who posted above that they would like to see more artistic nudes. I also think you have some images in your portfolio that could be removed, but I also target a different audience so it's quite possible that you have reason to keep them.

Aug 27 12 04:50 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Cole Morrison wrote:
impressive portfolio that i did not expect due to your avatar choice

Haha yeah I left it up as a joke and couldn't believe how much attention it got, probably surprised a few people that didn't know me lol. 

I really dig your style smile  It's very versatile.  My only complaint is there is not enough of it, I want to see more!

Aug 27 12 06:41 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
I think you have a beautiful figure and really nice poses, and I wonder why you keep the phone shot when you have much better pictures to use instead.

I just posted it to show my current un-retouched look smile  Thank you for the nice comments smile  I am happy to see you still doing modeling, obviously it is something you really enjoy doing and Kudos for still rocking it!

Aug 27 12 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

S-U-B-L-I-M-E

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Glamour perfection with a slight edge and super strong presence.

Aug 27 12 06:54 pm Link