This thread was locked on 2012-09-20 20:46:52
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Model cancelled 12 min before the shoot...

Photographer

Angel Portraits

Lakeland, Florida, US

I think I refer to her as tramp for now on. Left me and the MUA waiting at the park. I talked to her on the phone the day before and everything was fine then I was again trying to contact her in the morning to let her know I was on the road. Something unusual happened- she didn't answer the calls and the shoot was 30 minutes away from taking place. I met up with the MUA at the park. We kept trying to call her then finally- 12 minutes before the shoot she responded by sending a message and this is what she wrote: I've had family emergency's up. I am truely truely sorry. Please tell the MUA I am sorry. I should have send this text earlier but totally forgot. Please forgive me. Forgive my ass- over 2 weeks of planning so you now send me a message that you forgot. This tramp is not going anywhere.

Sep 20 12 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Blue Ash Film Group

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Do you feel better by starting this thread?

Sep 20 12 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Top Gun Digital

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You're lucky she sent you a message 12 minutes before the shoot.  At least when you got the message you knew you could go home.  I have had many models flake on the day of the shoot without any message at all so I wasted additional time waiting around thinking they might show up late.

Sep 20 12 05:11 pm Link

Model

Alana Miles

Alma, Colorado, US

Angel Portraits wrote:
I think I refer to her as tramp for now on. Left me and the MUA waiting at the park. I talked to her on the phone the day before and everything was fine then I was again trying to contact her in the morning to let her know I was on the road. Something unusual happened- she didn't answer the calls and the shoot was 30 minutes away from taking place. I met up with the MUA at the park. We kept trying to call her then finally- 12 minutes before the shoot she responded by sending a message and this is what she wrote: I've had family emergency's up. I am truely truely sorry. Please tell the MUA I am sorry. I should have send this text earlier but totally forgot. Please forgive me. Forgive my ass- over 2 weeks of planning so you now send me a message that you forgot. This tramp is not going anywhere.

hmm

Dude...a tramp? TRAMP?

I mean, you have every right to be pissed but calling her a tramp looks boorish.

You know people generally network on this site...and there's a lot of models on here...and they just saw you call another model a tramp...flake or not, that didn't sit to well with me.

Sep 20 12 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

Eryn G wrote:

hmm

Dude...a tramp? TRAMP?

I mean, you have every right to be pissed but calling her a tramp looks boorish.

You know people generally network on this site...and there's a lot of models on here...and they just saw you call another model a tramp...flake or not, that didn't sit to well with me.

12 minutes before she was a lovely model. OP I think you need to lie down. I feel a Sick Headache coming onto you. lol

Sep 20 12 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

PashaPhoto

Brooklyn, New York, US

1.) sucks to be you...

2.) we were all you at one point or another smile

Sep 20 12 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Adams Photos

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Angel Portraits wrote:
she didn't answer the calls and the shoot was 30 minutes away from taking place. I met up with the MUA at the park

I never leave until I have confirmation that she is on her way.

Sep 20 12 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Angel Portraits wrote:
this is what she wrote: I've had family emergency's

Yeah, sure.

Model

Jordan Bunniie

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Eryn G wrote:

hmm

Dude...a tramp? TRAMP?

Agreed.

Photographer

Nature Coast Lightworks

Tampa, Florida, US

I'll get a rope. The rest of you men round some horses and a posse! If we get started bout day break we should be able to head her off in the box canyon!

jf

Sep 20 12 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Eryn G wrote:
Dude...a tramp? TRAMP?

Agree.

Sep 20 12 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

How would you feel if she really DID have a family emergency ? Yeah, it sucks, but what if something truly happened to her, or one of her family members ? Just saying.

Also, shame on you for calling her a tramp.

Sep 20 12 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Angel Portraits

Lakeland, Florida, US

I put my trust on her and the MUA put her trust in me. I ended up looking bad because of this one girl. I will refuse to work with her wherever she shows up. I don't forget a face or name.

Sep 20 12 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

Top Gun Digital wrote:
You're lucky she sent you a message 12 minutes before the shoot.  At least when you got the message you knew you could go home.  I have had many models flake on the day of the shoot without any message at all so I wasted additional time waiting around thinking they might show up late.

+1

Sep 20 12 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

What do you call the girls that do show?

Sep 20 12 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Nature Coast Lightworks

Tampa, Florida, US

Angel Portraits wrote:
I put my trust on her and the MUA put her trust in me. I ended up looking bad because of this one girl. I will refuse to work with her wherever she shows up. I don't forget a face or name.

Good for you.

jf

Sep 20 12 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

In Balance Photography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Angel Portraits wrote:

This is why agencies exist.

Photographer

Brian T Rickey

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

cool story bro

Photographer

TJ PhotographyPA

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Just move on and hire a traveling model or call an agency like someone else stated.

Sep 20 12 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

Angel Portraits wrote:
I ended up looking bad because of this one girl.

Actually, you ended up looking bad because of your OP. You might want to learn how to cut your losses.

Sep 20 12 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Wonder if it's the same highly rated traveling nude model that did the same to me?

Sep 20 12 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Top Gun Digital wrote:

It's better that they have the courage to lie and not show than to shoot when they really don't want to. It will show in the images, and odds are good that you hear from her or a bf / family member that they dislike the images and demand they be taken down.

If a model shows any signs of hesitation or mentions wanting to shoot despite some grandiose issue, give them an easy out as that is what they are hoping for.

I had this happen to me back in the beginning, and it remains the ugliest experience with a model to date.

I've also learned that the more a model "owes" you over an action on their part, the less likely you are to hear from them again.

Sep 20 12 05:32 pm Link

Model

Lynn Elizabeth

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Wow OP wow! I know just from this post alone I would never work with you. You have a horrible attitude!! Sometimes things happen, you can't just start calling people names. You are an adult!

Sep 20 12 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Tramp? Really? wow. Kinda waaaaaay overboard.

My model didnt show today either. Different situation altogether, she dropped off the face of the earth a week ago, and didnt get back in touch with the world until about two hours after our call time, when she logged back on to MM... I still have not heard from her, and dont expect to, but at least I know she was not kidnapped by space aliens.

I did some still life shots I had been intending to try. Kinda enjoyed the peace and quiet. Scheduled a reliable model for the original shoot for next weekend.

Felt no urge to call anyone "tramp" though.........

Sep 20 12 05:33 pm Link

Model

Calypso Moon

Banning, California, US

Whether you have been wronged or not, calling a model a tramp, especially where tons of models can read about it, isn't going to do you any favors.  I know I wouldn't shoot with someone who refers to a woman in that way.

Model

Calypso Moon

Banning, California, US

The dreaded double post.

Photographer

J Welborn

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Nature Coast Lightworks wrote:
I'll get a rope. The rest of you men round some horses and a posse! If we get started bout day break we should be able to head her off in the box canyon!

jf

LOL---this is good smile

Sep 20 12 05:35 pm Link

Model

Ela Z

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Eryn G wrote:
hmm

Dude...a tramp? TRAMP?

I agree with this, calling someone a tramp that you'd planned on working with does not sound professional for other models who might consider working with you.

Sep 20 12 05:35 pm Link

Model

Jenna George

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

First off, No model would want to work with you if they saw that.. it's not that you thought that.. it's the fact that you posted it up when that wont fix anything.

Second speaking from a model.. if you don't want a model to flake dont shoot TF. I have been fucked over by a lot of photographers.. But the ones I take more seriously are ones with a great background, AMAZING portfolio.. or pay.. and you don't seem to have either of the 3..

Speaking from the MUA point of view, when this happends I feel better off.. she was either 1. Nervious so she would have been a waste of time any ways. or 2. telling the truth.. trust me it happends.

Sep 20 12 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Angel Portraits

Lakeland, Florida, US

I don't care if every model on the MM universe hears me say tramp. She deserves to be labeled one. If you do things right then you will not be called one. By the way- its your first post Jenna in over four years.

Sep 20 12 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Does Tramp really apply to calling out from a shoot?

Definition of TRAMP

intransitive verb
: to walk, tread, or step especially heavily
a : to travel about on foot : hike
b : to journey as a tramp
transitive verb
: to tread on forcibly and repeatedly
: to travel or wander through or over on foot

seriously,why the tantrum?

Sep 20 12 05:41 pm Link

Model

Alana Miles

Alma, Colorado, US

bgcfoto wrote:
Does Tramp really apply to calling out from a shoot?

Definition of TRAMP

intransitive verb
: to walk, tread, or step especially heavily
a : to travel about on foot : hike
b : to journey as a tramp
transitive verb
: to tread on forcibly and repeatedly
: to travel or wander through or over on foot

Honestly.

Call her a flake all you want, but a tramp?

No relation to the topic at hand...so confused...

Sep 20 12 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Pete Georges

Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada

bgcfoto wrote:
What do you call the girls that do show?

...... + 1.

Sep 20 12 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Angel Portraits wrote:
I don't care if every model on the MM universe hears me say tramp. She deserves to be labeled one. If you do things right then you will not be called one.

yeah, coming on here like a butthurt teenager will definitely enhance your future success.

keep digging the hole you are in, you are almost out of sight.

Model

Kelli

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Do u know what a " tramp " is? Just wondering!

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

Angel Portraits wrote:
I don't care if every model on the MM universe hears me say tramp. She deserves to be labeled one. If you do things right then you will not be called one.

I can see that you don't like Women.

Model

Lynn Elizabeth

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Angel Portraits wrote:

Do you even know what that word means? Apparently not. Here's some help:

Tramp - 1 a : vagrant 1a b : a foot traveler c : a woman of loose morals; specifically : prostitute

Nice to know you are calling people this. Hope you get booted!

Sep 20 12 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

HWM Photography

Naperville, Illinois, US

Top Gun Digital wrote:

+1000

Sep 20 12 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

Angel Portraits

Lakeland, Florida, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

I can see that you don't like Women.

I like responsible women.

Sep 20 12 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Lynn Elizabeth wrote:

Do you even know what that word means? Apparently not. Here's some help:

Tramp - 1 a : vagrant 1a b : a foot traveler c : a woman of loose morals; specifically : prostitute

Nice to know you are calling people this. Hope you get booted!

your definitions were better than mine, that's what I get for copy and pasting fast.  smile

Sep 20 12 05:46 pm Link