This thread was locked on 2012-09-27 16:21:14
Forums > Photography Talk > Bathing Suit Photos

Photographer

Benjamin Kanarek

Posts: 2817

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Anyone interested in seeing who won the Bathing Suit Contest you may go to this link:

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/acce

Enjoy Thanks
Ben :-)

Sep 27 12 08:12 am Link

Photographer

Mark Laubenheimer

Posts: 8942

Seattle, Washington, US

contest? hmm

Sep 27 12 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Posts: 5083

Catskill, New York, US

Are you on drugs?

Sep 27 12 08:27 am Link

Photographer

PicBack

Posts: 621

New York, New York, US

Your link is not working.

Sep 27 12 08:36 am Link

Photographer

Michael Broughton

Posts: 2260

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

Sep 27 12 08:37 am Link

guide forum

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Posts: 21583

New York, New York, US

Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

I don't think that's necessarily true.

Sep 27 12 08:43 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Posts: 3122

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Paramour Productions wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily true.

Mr Kanarek does have a history of briggings and lockings...

Sep 27 12 08:51 am Link

Photographer

D0127H

Posts: 1135

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

Benjamin, more than most, can post whatever he likes.

Sep 27 12 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Posts: 6759

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

http://www.drjerrykennedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Mmmmm-Spam.jpg

Sep 27 12 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Michael Broughton

Posts: 2260

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Shot By Adam wrote:
http://www.drjerrykennedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Mmmmm-Spam.jpg

it's porktastic!!!

Sep 27 12 09:15 am Link

Photographer

David Gaar

Posts: 843

Burton, Texas, US

Lovely Spam, wonderful Spam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o

Sep 27 12 09:28 am Link

guide forum

Photographer

studio36uk

Posts: 22305

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Come on guys, it's not the a-pork-alypse.

Studio36

Sep 27 12 09:38 am Link

Photographer

MKPhoto

Posts: 5665

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

We love to hate him, don't we wink There must be a reason....

Sep 27 12 09:43 am Link

Photographer

robert christopher

Posts: 2681

Snohomish, Washington, US

Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

please speak only for yourself, i enjoy and have learned much from Benjamin's blogs and entry's here. he has a wonderful eye for the current trends in fashion as demonstrated by the winning entry in the swimsuit competition. i would never have thought to shoot her like that but i will in the future.

Sep 27 12 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Joseph William

Posts: 2036

Chicago, Illinois, US

Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

I disagree.

Sep 27 12 10:24 am Link

guide forum

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Posts: 21583

New York, New York, US

Paramour Productions wrote:
I don't think that's necessarily true.

Kent Art Photography wrote:
Mr Kanarek does have a history of briggings and lockings...

Which means very little given that the Plebes run the asylum.  Even still, while there is certainly a vocal few who go out of their way to disparage Benjamin, his work speaks for itself and there are more than a few here who appreciate his postings.

Sep 27 12 10:51 am Link

guide forum

Photographer

-JAY-

Posts: 6729

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Paramour Productions wrote:

Paramour Productions wrote:
I don't think that's necessarily true.

Which means very little given that the Plebes run the asylum.  Even still, while there is certainly a vocal few who go out of their way to disparage Benjamin, his work speaks for itself and there are more than a few here who appreciate his postings.

True... buuuuuuuuttt.... couldn't he just post the results here?

Sep 27 12 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Mark Laubenheimer

Posts: 8942

Seattle, Washington, US

-JAY- wrote:

True... buuuuuuuuttt.... couldn't he just post the results here?

bingo!

Sep 27 12 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Posts: 54153

Buena Park, California, US

What is defined as a "snap shot"?

Sep 27 12 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Posts: 54153

Buena Park, California, US

-JAY- wrote:

True... buuuuuuuuttt.... couldn't he just post the results here?

he could, but he didn't.

Sep 27 12 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Posts: 7087

Newark, Delaware, US

Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

D0127H wrote:
Benjamin, more than most, can post whatever he likes.

X100.
Benjamin can spam anytime he wants on MM.  I particular like his SPAM.

Sep 27 12 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Laubenheimer

Posts: 8942

Seattle, Washington, US

Connor Photography wrote:

X100.
Benjamin can spam anytime he wants on MM.  I particular like his SPAM.

can we all spam MM anytime we want to? hmm

Sep 27 12 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Posts: 12117

Tampa, Florida, US

Interesting how it's only defined as spam when it's unwanted by the masses. Is that how we're defining spam now? We're all taking a vote and if we like the content, or the person, it's not spam?

The OP is advertising. No different than a "go to this link and vote for me" thread.

If he had simply posted the results here with an image or two, it would be fine. He chose to present it as an advertisement for his blog. Just because some of us, or all of us, like him or his content is irrelevant to to the definition of "spam."

Sep 27 12 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Posts: 5096

Antioch, California, US

Mr Kanarek has more talent in his pinkie finger than I do in my entire overfed body.

And he has a very active blog that many here not only enjoy, but learn from.

But...........imagine if every photographer on MM posted even a nice, single line note to the forums about their blog posts.....Very shortly we would be inundated.

I dont know when it crosses over from being a service to spam.....but Mr Kanarek has been on both sides of that line several times...

Maybe we need a forum, dedicated to this kind of announcement? Those that are interested in blogs etc could stay informed, those that are not would not see a forum they were not interested in....Dunno......There is an answer here somewhere that suits everybody.

Sep 27 12 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Laubenheimer

Posts: 8942

Seattle, Washington, US

rfordphotos wrote:
Mr Kanarek has more talent in his pinkie finger than I do in my entire overfed body.

And he has a very active blog that many here not only enjoy, but learn from.

But...........imagine if every photographer on MM posted even a nice, single line note to the forums about their blog posts.....Very shortly we would be inundated.

I dont know when it crosses over from being a service to spam.....but Mr Kanarek has been on both sides of that line several times...

Maybe we need a forum, dedicated to this kind of announcement? Those that are interested in blogs etc could stay informed, those that are not would not see a forum they were not interested in....Dunno......There is an answer here somewhere that suits everybody.

why not use the Bulletins feature of MM?

Sep 27 12 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Posts: 11360

Mesa, Arizona, US

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:
Anyone interested in seeing who won the Bathing Suit Contest you may go to this link:

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/acce

Enjoy Thanks
Ben :-)

If I had known you were running a swimsuit image contest I would have submitted this one;
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/070714/05/4698a8fab1800_m.jpg

Sep 27 12 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 29226

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

Not true.  I checked it out.

Sep 27 12 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 29226

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Paramour Productions wrote:

Paramour Productions wrote:
I don't think that's necessarily true.

Which means very little given that the Plebes run the asylum.  Even still, while there is certainly a vocal few who go out of their way to disparage Benjamin, his work speaks for itself and there are more than a few here who appreciate his postings.

Many of the better photographers have left MM because of these people.

Sep 27 12 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Posts: 11360

Mesa, Arizona, US

Michael Broughton wrote:
i think it's safe to say nobody here cares about your blog or appreciates the not-so-subtle spam.

Not safe at all. There are more than a few of us who enjoy Benjamin's work, value his posts, and enjoy his blog.

Sep 27 12 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamin Kanarek

Posts: 2817

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Oh my my...

Sep 27 12 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamin Kanarek

Posts: 2817

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Alluring Exposures wrote:
If I had known you were running a swimsuit image contest I would have submitted this one;
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/070714/05/4698a8fab1800_m.jpg

Very nice indeed...Next time. As this contest will be happening again. C'est La Vie! Again, lovely shot. Oh and by the way, I didn't post the images,as I don't know how to...

Sep 27 12 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

SoCo n Lime

Posts: 3283

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

rfordphotos wrote:
Maybe we need a forum, dedicated to his announcements about his blog

there you go now your talking sense wink

i dont think many here mind seeing good quality work which the OP does create, just like a number of other experienced guys on here. i think many here would like to hear how he goes about things and learn as they do.. however im pretty sure its the way he goes about it which pisses most off and actually does the opposite of what he would like to happen.

oh and just another small point really .. for someone with such a huge smoke and mirror's brand he doesn't give much away in terms of value in prizes.. just saying..

Sep 27 12 01:52 pm Link

guide forum

Photographer

-JAY-

Posts: 6729

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:
Oh my my...

see my response to this on my blog: www.shootingonabudget.com

Sep 27 12 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Posts: 11360

Mesa, Arizona, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Interesting how it's only defined as spam when it's unwanted by the masses. Is that how we're defining spam now? We're all taking a vote and if we like the content, or the person, it's not spam?

The OP is advertising. No different than a "go to this link and vote for me" thread.

If he had simply posted the results here with an image or two, it would be fine. He chose to present it as an advertisement for his blog. Just because some of us, or all of us, like him or his content is irrelevant to to the definition of "spam."

From dictionary.com

Spam  [spam] noun, verb, spammed, spam·ming.
1. Trademark . a canned food product consisting especially of pork formed into a solid block.
2. ( lowercase ) disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.

So how is this even close to being disruptive? If you don't want to read Benjamin's post, you stay out of the forum he created... unless you're looking to http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iw5TaUpM1OI/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABg/oWjr6XtVW8o/s120-c/photo.jpg.

Sep 27 12 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Posts: 54153

Buena Park, California, US

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:
Very nice indeed...Next time. As this contest will be happening again. C'est La Vie! Again, lovely shot. Oh and by the way, I didn't post the images,as I don't know how to...

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Benjo-Arwas-64-560x784.jpg

is done by:

[img]http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Benjo-Arwas-64-560x784.jpg[img]

but at the end it needs to be[/img] for it to work.

Sep 27 12 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

SoCo n Lime

Posts: 3283

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
The OP is advertising. No different than a "go to this link and vote for me" thread.

Alluring Exposures wrote:
Spam  [spam] noun, verb, spammed, spam·ming.
1. Trademark . a canned food product consisting especially of pork formed into a solid block.
2. ( lowercase ) disruptive messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as e-mail.

So how is this even close

it is spam sorry and ive highlighted the correct part of your post.. your also missing the point alluring exposures

it is disruptive cause what happens if everyone starts posting snippets from their blog and look at my blog threads? it becomes like myspace boy bands posting 'check us out were unsigned'.. 'unsigned' the alternative word for 'shite' ..

if you know his blog and you like the blog keep visiting it.. recommend it .. spend your time there but please these forum's dont need reminded its there we know already..

Sep 27 12 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Posts: 11360

Mesa, Arizona, US

Mark Laubenheimer wrote:

why not use the Bulletins feature of MM?

Because Bulletins is not a well-implemented feature... no way to "follow" them for one.

Sep 27 12 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Laubenheimer

Posts: 8942

Seattle, Washington, US

Benjamin Kanarek wrote:
Very nice indeed...Next time. As this contest will be happening again. C'est La Vie! Again, lovely shot. Oh and by the way, I didn't post the images,as I don't know how to...

2,207 posts in and you don't know how? with all of the locked threads and people getting bent about all the spam wouldn't it behoove you to learn how?

Sep 27 12 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Posts: 11360

Mesa, Arizona, US

SoCo n Lime wrote:

it is spam sorry and ive highlighted the correct part of your post.. your also missing the point alluring exposures

it is disruptive cause what happens if everyone starts posting snippets from their blog and look at my blog threads? it becomes like myspace boy bands posting 'check us out were unsigned'.. 'unsigned' the alternative word for 'shite' ..

if you know his blog and you like the blog keep visiting it.. recommend it .. spend your time there but please these forum's dont need reminded its there we know already..

The first part for it to be spam is it must be DISRUPTIVE. That's why is says "ESPECIALLY commercial..." (in other words, it doesn't have to be commercial, but it MUST be disruptive)
What happens if everyone starts posting snippets of their blog and "look at my blog" threads? Well... let me see... NETWORKING might happen!!! Someone who might not know you or your blog might discover you and find you cool as beans which means more NETWORKING... you're right. We really don't want any of THAT happening here!!!

Sep 27 12 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Posts: 54153

Buena Park, California, US

SoCo n Lime wrote:

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
The OP is advertising. No different than a "go to this link and vote for me" thread.

it is spam sorry and ive highlighted the correct part of your post.. your also missing the point alluring exposures

it is disruptive cause what happens if everyone starts posting snippets from their blog and look at my blog threads? it becomes like myspace boy bands posting 'check us out were unsigned'.. 'unsigned' the alternative word for 'shite' ..

if you know his blog and you like the blog keep visiting it.. recommend it .. spend your time there but please these forum's dont need reminded its there we know already..

I think it's fine right now.  When everyone DOES start doing the the look at me blogs...then we can complain about how the forum is being littered with look at me blog threads.  Right now, it's really not an issue, in my opinion, which is all that should matter...cause I'm awesome.

Sep 27 12 02:36 pm Link