Retoucher

OTTO poste1

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/283/d/6/jewels_by_jejland-d5hdlot.jpg

original : http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz190/tawnyhortonphotography/Dani/Utahstudio1946.jpg

Sep 29 12 12:09 pm Link

Retoucher

ChelleyCredible Retouch

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Not sure why no one commented but I will smile

Not sure if it's MM's compression or the image itself but there is a lot of pixelation in the background. The outlines of her body don't look straight. A little bumpy. Other than that, I can't see anything else wrong with it. Out of 1-10 I give this an 8.

Oct 09 12 01:00 am Link

Retoucher

OTTO poste1

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

ChelleyCredible wrote:
Not sure why no one commented but I will smile

Not sure if it's MM's compression or the image itself but there is a lot of pixelation in the background. The outlines of her body don't look straight. A little bumpy. Other than that, I can't see anything else wrong with it. Out of 1-10 I give this an 8.

thanks for the comment
OK, in the meantime I managed to understand how to display my image correctly on the net. Corrected the bumpiness. Anyone else see anything?

Oct 09 12 03:46 am Link

Retoucher

Kristiana-Retouch

London, England, United Kingdom

Nice hair cleanup - just enough and not too much for this style smile

Oct 09 12 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Lars R Peterson

Seattle, Washington, US

I think you did a great job on her skin... I can still see pores, and you left the mole (beautiful)... her eyes look bright and sharp, but not cartoony... coloring is nice, a bit of a vintage tint or feel to it...
And it's a lovely pose and composition!

I say bravo!!

Oct 09 12 01:14 pm Link

Retoucher

ChelleyCredible Retouch

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Much better! big_smile

Oct 09 12 08:33 pm Link

Retoucher

OTTO poste1

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

cheers for the messages guys.

Oct 11 12 03:24 am Link

Retoucher

Paul Snyder

Columbus, Ohio, US

I think you did a great job overall, but there are a couple things I think that bug me.

First off, the color is a bit too on the yellow side, and there's some greenish hues in your highlights on the skin that make her look a bit sickly or unappealing. 

Secondly, I feel like the major feature of this photo isn't the girl but the jewelry.  I like when jewelry ads make the jewels stand out from the the image and make them look super crisp and shiny. 

Granted I know this isn't the same lighting, but a technique like this where the jewels are brought out more would be super interesting for this photograph.

http://djstorm.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/freja-beha-erichsen-harry-winston-campaign.jpg

Oct 24 12 12:43 am Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

hi there, as a commercial and lifestyle photographer I have to say you have done a wonderful job highlighting the jewelry. It really pops and this is exactly what my client would want if I were shooting a jewelry shot on form.

My only critique is that you've made it look a little "too good" - I can't tell too much from the original, but it looks like you've cast a gold tone on the necklace , whereas the original is more silver.

I hope that makes sense - from a client point of view they may be shocked that the colour of their product has changed.

let me know if you need more info . great job though.

Oct 28 12 07:15 am Link

Retoucher

Shine Retouching

Chicago, Illinois, US

Nice retouch. The only thing that catches my eye is that little white dot above on her eyelid. I know it's small but I find it distracting. Nice job on the skin and body.

Oct 28 12 07:25 am Link