Forums > Critique > Rate my portfolio! I'll rate yours back..

Model

LisaInLondon

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi!
Please rate my portfolio 1-10! A little explanation would be nice too. I'll return the favor if you want me to.

Oct 04 12 03:34 am Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

Personally, I like your work over all. Most of your shots are well composed and well photographed. Nice work.

Now because there is a lack of versatility and no full body shots I'm going to give you a  7+

What's you've done is very nice, but venture away from the head and shoulders look. Mix it up. A lot of your work has the same feel and look to it.

The first shot in your port is a little dark and the pose looks awkward. I'm not sure if I like it or not.The shot by the gate is a little odd too. A shallower DOF would have helped here. That's my opinion.

Oct 04 12 07:17 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Yep great start!
I'd like to see you work with some talented high fashion photographers to bring out your full potential .

I agree ^ full body shots needed! Rate: 7

Oct 04 12 08:48 am Link

Model

HEATHER 19

Boston, Massachusetts, US

like it - 8 - also have put out there that fullbody shots will help you out.

Oct 04 12 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

You have a great look, but need more variety of photos.

Oct 04 12 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

I'd say a 6.5 mostly because it feels like I'm seeing variation of the same image done about 5 or 6 different ways. But what is there is executed nicely though.

Oct 04 12 11:50 am Link

Model

LisaInLondon

Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:
Personally, I like your work over all. Most of your shots are well composed and well photographed. Nice work.

Now because there is a lack of versatility and no full body shots I'm going to give you a  7+

What's you've done is very nice, but venture away from the head and shoulders look. Mix it up. A lot of your work has the same feel and look to it.

The first shot in your port is a little dark and the pose looks awkward. I'm not sure if I like it or not.The shot by the gate is a little odd too. A shallower DOF would have helped here. That's my opinion.

Thanks for your input! For some reason, photographers always end up taking portraits of me. Perhaps I should really ask them more to also make plenty full-body shots (i just recieved some new stuff which I will add in a few minutes..)

As for you: I'd give you a 5.5/6. Technically you're alright, I just wish the pictures were more interesting and vibrant. The colors seem a bit grey.

Oct 04 12 01:02 pm Link

Model

LisaInLondon

Rachel Reilly wrote:
Yep great start!
I'd like to see you work with some talented high fashion photographers to bring out your full potential .

I agree ^ full body shots needed! Rate: 7

Thanks! I hope I'll be able to work with some amazing photographers in the near future. I do think I'm improving at every shoot (:
As for you, I love how many angles the models body creates in each image. It makes the picture dynamic. I think you should practice even more at making pictures dynamic to make them really memorable.

Oct 04 12 01:04 pm Link

Model

Rei L

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

I love your look in this https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/1 … 7d55_m.jpg

I really like your look in general and have stumbled across your port quite a few times.
I feel that you can do with more varied expression.

keep up the good work !smile

**highly appreciate your advice/ comments on mine smile**

Oct 04 12 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

5.  repetitive mouth expressions, inconsistent hair and most importantly you dont seem to be aware of your market- which is commercial print and not fashion. So you have the wrong photos to get work which you are some what suited for- advertising and life style.

Oct 06 12 12:18 pm Link

Model

Cole Morrison

Portland, Oregon, US

5/10

Your styling doesnt suit you. You need to try different types of modeling and see what fits better. Same slightly open mouth in almost every shot.

Your thoughts on mine?

Oct 07 12 06:23 am Link

Model

steph amberlyn stewart

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Hey I would rate it a 8 outta 10 I love your pictures but I'm not the hugest fan of the ones in the purple sweater:)

Oct 07 12 09:00 am Link

Model

PaulDCampbell

I think you have a very healthy portfolio. It portrays alot of experience and alot of your work has been quite magic. I would have to give you a nice solid 8. I don't expect you to comment back on mine Ive only just started out.

Oct 07 12 09:08 am Link

Model

Affinity Finch

Torpoint, England, United Kingdom

I'd rate you at a 7 smile I love your B+W ones near the end of your port. You have such a lovely face as well, I'm liking your full body ones you have great physique smile Overall good job try some different facial expressioins though smile

Oct 07 12 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Paul Tirado Photography

New York, New York, US

I would say 6. I would rate your port higher as you have a great look but your shots - while lovely - are all pretty much in a comfortable category.  I would want to see more daring in terms of fashion, setting, makeup, hair, etc.

Oct 07 12 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Serendipitous Studios

Beaverton, Oregon, US

I would give you a 6. A 5 would be average. You have a decent portfolio but it is repetitive. You don't have anything that is mind blowing but nothing sticks our like a soar thumb either. With more time and with a variety of different photographers it could easily become a 7 or an 8.

Oct 07 12 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

I like your work. 7.5/10

Oct 07 12 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

A N D E R S O N

Rockville, Maryland, US

5, nice look but little to no variation in expression and not much creativity. Try to get involved with some great concepts with a full team.

Oct 07 12 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

M_M User

Los Angeles, California, US

Very nice, I like your colors and the softness. It's your style! I tend to stick with a lot of the same styles but I'm okay with that..needing a better camera is my downfall I believe. Yours is classy though.

Oct 07 12 12:47 pm Link

Model

Goodbye4

Los Angeles, California, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120726/17/5011db6087d55_m.jpg

This is beautiful and I love your teeth.

I'd love to see more expressions, more variety of images. Overall I'd say 7?

Oct 07 12 12:56 pm Link

Model

Cyn Michelle

San Francisco, California, US

8 smile You're portfolio is very good, but a little variety of expressions would be nice to see.

I'd like to hear your feedback on mines :-)

Oct 07 12 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

OwenImages

Pinellas Park, Florida, US

Rating of the port...

Well, I would say a 6.5.  Your look is good.  You have some variety which is good.  The photographers you have worked with have done a pretty good job.  But...I would say there is really just one thing holding you back.  I would say you have too many photos that depict the exact same facial expression and it is not the most flattering of facial expressions that you can do I'm sure.  It is one thing to show 'attitude' but I think this is too much and it really doesn't work for you.

The other thing is that you don't have any Florida beach shots.  wink

Oct 07 12 06:19 pm Link

Model

C A T H Y

Anaheim, California, US

I would rate your portfolio a 7.5

You have some pretty good photos..but just need to have a wider range of
expressions.

Oct 07 12 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoByWayne

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I would like to see more full length images to show how you pose and images with different expressions.

Oct 07 12 10:23 pm Link