Forums > Critique > Updated best - worst game

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

An updated version of the best-worst game!

Post here if you want to play.

If the number of pictures that I LIKE in your port is bigger than the number of images I dislike, then I'll tell you what your WORST image is in my opinion.

If the number of pictures that I DISLIKE is bigger than the number of images I like, then I'll tell you what your BEST is in my opinion.

Please do the same for me - I'm currently choosing images I want to print as a memory. Thanks!

Oct 06 12 11:15 am Link

Model

Rachael Bueckert

Posts: 1121

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada

I love every photo in your port! You're amazing, I've followed your work for a while, and it's a shame to see your retiring sad. But I know you're onto much better things! For the photo I least like in your port, I'd have to say the 1st one in the last row (second page). It just doesn't catch the eye like the rest, and you have much better photos with a similar pose.

Oct 06 12 11:37 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Rachael Bueckert wrote:
I love every photo in your port! You're amazing, I've followed your work for a while, and it's a shame to see your retiring sad. But I know you're onto much better things! For the photo I least like in your port, I'd have to say the 1st one in the last row (second page). It just doesn't catch the eye like the rest, and you have much better photos with a similar pose.

Thank you Rachael, you're too kind smile. As for you... It's a tie between
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110511/21/4dcb5bb393cc5_m.jpg
and
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120606/15/4fcfd3ef23573_m.jpg
for your worst shots.

I know you receive a lot of good feedback on the first one, but to me the angle of it isn't the most flattering, as are your hands in this shot. Your look is much stronger than this shot would have you believe. In the second one, the cheesy and conflicting styling is bothering me. Doesn't show you off either and it doesn't look committed. Overall I think you're on the right track with your modeling and your black-latex-baldcap shots are so impressing, my favs!

Oct 06 12 11:45 am Link

Photographer

PTUI Images

Posts: 96

Galt, California, US

You have a wonderful collection of photos, therefore I like more than I dislike so having to find the worst I'd have to choose this one: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30103496 18+
The pose is awkward and leaves me feeling awkward. tongue

Oct 06 12 11:51 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

RnR Photos wrote:
You have a wonderful collection of photos, therefore I like more than I dislike so having to find the worst I'd have to choose this one: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30103496 18+
The pose is awkward and leaves me feeling awkward. tongue

I would pick this one as your best

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120621/22/4fe40050cc01a_m.jpg

Oct 06 12 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Pieter Vandeur

Posts: 1312

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Interesting... Obviously a dislike (you know there's a huge hunch I like in there :-) ):

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29560274 (18+)

Oct 06 12 12:55 pm Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Pieter Vandeur wrote:
Interesting... Obviously a dislike (you know there's a huge hunch I like in there :-) ):

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29560274 (18+)

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 3#29244563 (boobies)

I find this one pretty boring.

Oct 06 12 01:51 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Your portfolio is amazing but if I had to pick http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/26167488 would be your worst

Oct 06 12 09:09 pm Link

Model

marsha

Posts: 84

New York, New York, US

Your port is pretty awesome. The only one I didn't love was the last photo in the 4th row. I picked it because it doesn't really do anything for you.

Oct 06 12 09:27 pm Link

Model

Chad Sterling

Posts: 38

College Station, Texas, US

I like a lot of your pictures!

Best: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29559669 (18+)
I think the expression is perfect, the pose is great, and the black and white turn out was excellent.

Worst: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30103496 (18+)
I didn't make the connection of how the wardrobe, pose, and location connected together.

Oct 06 12 09:35 pm Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

Posts: 2287

Santa Rosa, California, US

I know this is very popular, but it's my least favorite of yours:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110221/00/4d621c4fe8da8_m.jpg

All your work is amazing though.

Oct 06 12 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Tirado Photography

Posts: 4252

New York, New York, US

Tough one. You probably have hundreds of pics to work with but you are a very good editor and have picked only the best.

Probably least favorite is this

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30103496

and least favorite is not to say that it is not a good picture and would be the best picture of many other model's ports.

Oct 06 12 09:50 pm Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

MissEllie wrote:
Your portfolio is amazing but if I had to pick http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/26167488 would be your worst

I like the potential I see in you and of course your soft warm shape, so I'm going to pick my least favorite which is this one:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120919/21/505a9d74c8d7f_m.jpg

A lot less impressive than the other ones in the series. Remember to only show your best and repetition of the same gets boring fast.

Oct 07 12 01:14 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Marsha  Larose wrote:
Your port is pretty awesome. The only one I didn't love was the last photo in the 4th row. I picked it because it doesn't really do anything for you.

You're good! At this point I don't see anything that really HAS to go, but when you get better fashion shots back, I would replace the series with the graffiti. Fashion and posing is great, light and background looks amateur.

Oct 07 12 01:17 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Chad Sterling wrote:
I like a lot of your pictures!

Best: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29559669 (18+)
I think the expression is perfect, the pose is great, and the black and white turn out was excellent.

Worst: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30103496 (18+)
I didn't make the connection of how the wardrobe, pose, and location connected together.

I'd pick this one as your best

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120928/14/50661646533af_m.jpg

Just because I hate it when male pictures look too contrived, aware or posed. This one is a natural environment with natural bodylanguage and light/setting are great. You look great in it as well.

Oct 07 12 01:18 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Eleanor R wrote:
I know this is very popular, but it's my least favorite of yours:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110221/00/4d621c4fe8da8_m.jpg

All your work is amazing though.

I'm in love with your figure work - posing is really solid lady!

This one I liked least: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 4#28762284 (18+) I think the styling makes it look cheap, and you're better than this.

Oct 07 12 01:21 am Link

Model

_Rei_

Posts: 124

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

I'm seeking a bit of a critique at the moment too, so I'd love to play.

It's hard to pick a bad image in your portfolio - there's a lot in there that inspires me.
If I HAD to pick something, I'd say third row - last image on the right http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30022198

You've got a lot of head shots that I find much more engaging, though I could see why you'd put something a bit darker in the mix.

Oct 07 12 01:23 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Paul Tirado Photography wrote:
Tough one. You probably have hundreds of pics to work with but you are a very good editor and have picked only the best.

Probably least favorite is this

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30103496

and least favorite is not to say that it is not a good picture and would be the best picture of many other llama's ports.

You're one of my favourites on here, really awesome work you produce.

Your worst in my opinion:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120722/19/500cb5c96636c_m.jpghttp://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120127/23/4f23a1c8b8ca6_m.jpg
Because we've seen the ice-princess before, the execution has to really be top mark - and in my opinion it could have been better. Also the picture of Angela Preston is a bit of a bore. If you have such awesome work otherwise, you can't get away with much.

Oct 07 12 01:25 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

_Rei_ wrote:
I'm seeking a bit of a critique at the moment too, so I'd love to play.

It's hard to pick a bad image in your portfolio - there's a lot in there that inspires me.
If I HAD to pick something, I'd say third row - last image on the right http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30022198

You've got a lot of head shots that I find much more engaging, though I could see why you'd put something a bit darker in the mix.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/101203/04/4cf8e3c3ddb76_m.jpg

Argh, that background is killing me. A shame because the dress and attitude are great. Just looks a bit amateurish (light, setting) and doesn't flow with the rest of your stuff.

Oct 07 12 01:39 am Link

Model

Sophia Woods

Posts: 1

Truro, England, United Kingdom

Do mines:')

Oct 07 12 01:49 am Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

Posts: 2287

Santa Rosa, California, US

_Mini wrote:

I'm in love with your figure work - posing is really solid lady!

This one I liked least: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 4#28762284 (18+) I think the styling makes it look cheap, and you're better than this.

Thanks so much! I'm going to keep that until I have a better example of glamour, but it is slated for replacement.

Oct 07 12 02:07 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Sophia Christine Coyne wrote:
Do mines:')

come back when you have a portfolio.

Oct 07 12 03:01 am Link

Photographer

Joseph William

Posts: 2027

Chicago, Illinois, US

Your stuff is all good, this is my least favorite, but it is fun.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110221/00/4d621c4fe8da8_m.jpg

Oct 07 12 05:34 am Link

Model

PaulDCampbell

Posts: 9

London, England, United Kingdom

Go for it

Oct 07 12 05:48 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Joseph William  wrote:
Your stuff is all good, this is my least favorite, but it is fun.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110221/00/4d621c4fe8da8_m.jpg

I respect your technical skills and dedication, I'm just really not a fan of pictures that look too contrived.

This is still my favorite, because it flows nice and doesn't feel too 'posed', like a moment captured:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/090218/07/499c2fb3e2d85_m.jpg

Oct 07 12 09:19 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

PaulDCampbell wrote:
Go for it

Honestly I don't think you have a good professional shot or one that represents your look well yet. You need to gain experience and get that shot first.

Oct 07 12 09:22 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

anyone else want to play?

Oct 07 12 09:47 am Link

Model

Babalon Salome

Posts: 3499

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

This is tough, you know I love your work.

I would'nt delete this one, but I still feel this does a bit less for you than other images in your port:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120922/13/505e202033b7b_m.jpg

Oct 07 12 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Posts: 2393

Los Angeles, California, US

Your port is fantastic, but I would also take this one out.
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30022198

Oct 07 12 10:33 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Babalon Salome wrote:
This is tough, you know I love your work.

I would'nt delete this one, but I still feel this does a bit less for you than other images in your port:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120922/13/505e202033b7b_m.jpg

Thanks gorgeous!
I don't see anything that HAS to go in yours, although this one is not essential in your port:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110829/12/4e5bee39bc24a_m.jpg
Landscape oriented, not really an eye-catcher, you have ones with similar feel done better already. It's a filler shot imo.

Oct 07 12 10:48 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Jorge Kreimer wrote:
Your port is fantastic, but I would also take this one out.
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30022198

Would have loved a shot of yours in my port smile.

Your worst: I think I know where you were going with this one, but it didn't reach destination:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120915/20/505549625e17e_m.jpg

not fashionable, not a great visual impact either. Odd in a bad way.

Oct 07 12 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Posts: 2393

Los Angeles, California, US

_Mini wrote:

Would have loved a shot of yours in my port smile.

Your worst: I think I know where you were going with this one, but it didn't reach destination:

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120915/20/505549625e17e_m.jpg

not fashionable, not a great visual impact either. Odd in a bad way.

Very true. Out it goes.

Oct 07 12 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Serendipitous Studios

Posts: 32

Beaverton, Oregon, US

Great portfolio, I like just about everything.  This one just doesn't fit with the rest of the images. Plus I feel that it is your weakest image.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/21634979

Oct 07 12 11:53 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Serendipitous Studios wrote:
Great portfolio, I like just about everything.  This one just doesn't fit with the rest of the images. Plus I feel that it is your weakest image.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/21634979

Favorite:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 1#26080851 (18+)

Oct 07 12 12:06 pm Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

bunny

Oct 07 12 01:19 pm Link

Model

Kelleth

Posts: 2528

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Oct 07 12 01:44 pm Link

Model

Aly Catt

Posts: 402

Oneonta, New York, US

It's really really hard for me to choose a worst; but I guess this one.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110221/00/4d621c4fe8da8_m.jpg
I love them all though, even your worst I can't stop staring at.

Oct 07 12 01:48 pm Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Kelleth wrote:
Beautiful work!

Dislike: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30103496

Awesome work!

Least fan of:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120913/19/50528fb9b923b_m.jpg

Oct 10 12 11:50 am Link

Model

Axioma

Posts: 6793

Gent, East Flanders, Belgium

Aly Danielle wrote:
It's really really hard for me to choose a worst; but I guess this one.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110221/00/4d621c4fe8da8_m.jpg
I love them all though, even your worst I can't stop staring at.

Really lovely image where everything works well: pose, expression, styling and environment.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120809/20/502486bcb1226_m.jpg

Oct 10 12 11:52 am Link

Model

A M I T

Posts: 69

Los Angeles, California, US

Me? smile

Oct 10 12 12:18 pm Link