Forums > Critique > New Photograph what do you think?

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I have recently gotten back into modeling and have posted some new photographs. What do you think? I am more then happy to reply to any comments (on thread or photographs) with feedback.

Oct 06 12 07:27 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

bump

Oct 06 12 07:48 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

bump

Oct 06 12 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

Posts: 2893

New York, New York, US

I'll just describe my reaction to opening your port - first it was a WTF!? and a bit of a heart thump, then it was laughter and then just a head shake with disbelief and some sadness. I also wonder where you were locked up during your absence from MM.

Funny you have some degree of warmth and pleasantness in your avatar shot which is a great set up for the disturbing and pitiful photos inside.

It might not be what you hoped for but its honest and I have been looking a portfolios all day and this one had the greatest impact.  Just wish I hadnt done it as I was about to go to bed smile

Any way hang in there- pun intended

Oct 06 12 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

Posts: 2893

New York, New York, US

duplicate

Oct 06 12 09:22 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Mark wrote:
I'll just describe my reaction to opening your port - first it was a WTF!? and a bit of a heart thump, then it was laughter and then just a head shake with disbelief and some sadness. I also wonder where you were locked up during your absence from MM.

Funny you have some degree of warmth and pleasantness in your avatar shot which is a great set up for the disturbing and pitiful photos inside.

It might not be what you hoped for but its honest and I have been looking a portfolios all day and this one had the greatest impact.  Just wish I hadnt done it as I was about to go to bed smile

Any way hang in there- pun intended

Thank you very much for your feed back

Oct 06 12 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

Posts: 4897

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

You might want to think about adding something a bit lighter in tone.
Jus my thought YMMV

Oct 06 12 09:31 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

NewBoldPhoto wrote:
You might want to think about adding something a bit lighter in tone.
Jus my thought YMMV

Thank you, I shall try and get some lighter images

Oct 06 12 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

WCR3

Posts: 1072

Houston, Texas, US

If that's the kind of work you like and want to be known for, then I think many of the images are quite good. However, ...

I would lose the first one on the first row because the second one is better and you don't need two similar ones. On the second row I would lose at least one, and probably both of the last two. The lighting is flat and uninteresting and the headpiece does nothing good for you.

On the third row I would lose the second from the left. It doesn't really say anything except that somebody naked is under a dressing table.

You have three shots from a wrecked, abandoned building. The strongest is the final one where you are leaning against the wall. I would abandon the other two.

Finally,I would lose the final image. In fact, that's the first I would lose, if culling.

Oct 06 12 09:56 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

WCR3 wrote:
If that's the kind of work you like and want to be known for, then I think many of the images are quite good. However, ...

I would lose the first one on the first row because the second one is better and you don't need two similar ones. On the second row I would lose at least one, and probably both of the last two. The lighting is flat and uninteresting and the headpiece does nothing good for you.

On the third row I would lose the second from the left. It doesn't really say anything except that somebody naked is under a dressing table.

You have three shots from a wrecked, abandoned building. The strongest is the final one where you are leaning against the wall. I would abandon the other two.

Finally,I would lose the final image. In fact, that's the first I would lose, if culling.

Thank you very much that was very helpful

Oct 06 12 10:16 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

bump

Oct 06 12 11:21 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

bump

Oct 07 12 04:54 pm Link

Model

MissEllie

Posts: 37

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

one last bump

Oct 08 12 01:42 am Link

Photographer

dave phoenix

Posts: 1300

Phoenix, Arizona, US

i think you've got a great figure, but i dont think your portfolio is living up to your potential. surely you've seen better rope bondage photos, and better art nudes. what's holding you back?

18+ http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb6v7 … o1_500.jpg
this is better than the shots you've got on your mm page, in my opinion.

Oct 08 12 02:54 am Link

Model

Cole Morrison

Posts: 3958

Portland, Oregon, US

what i assume to be the new images are very dark and need to be brighter. i mean as far as lighting goes, not mood. Some of your what i assume are older photos have terrible framing and should be deleted immediately.
ex. http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 1#29994981 18+

Oct 09 12 03:46 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Posts: 5209

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

I love the shots on your bottom row. Would shoot with that model in a heartbeat. smile

Oct 09 12 04:01 am Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Posts: 8819

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121009/02/5073e8aee24d1_m.jpg
The light is too high, which is causing the dark  band across the top of your eyes, and long shadow under nose, lips and chin
Photographer has a dirty sensor, gray circle upper right side of photo

Oct 09 12 04:52 am Link