Forums > General Industry > Worst model/tog you've worked with?

Photographer

John Edward

Dallas, Texas, US

She, showed up with Him, (the BF)

So we're discussing outfits before the shoot, bear in mind, it turns out her "work, she asked me to meet her at, was a topless bar, yup, she was a stripper.

So every outfit, I offered, either she said, "no, I can't wear that," or if she approved it, he chimed in and demanded more money than agreed.

This went on for twenty minutes, or more. Finally, I asked them both, "How much to just have you two leave?"

Best twenty bucks I ever spent.

Oct 08 12 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

ColourFool

Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

I'm wondering ... Is it against the rules to out yourself?

Oct 08 12 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

G D Peters Photography

North Platte, Nebraska, US

More than once, a jealous bf did not want his model gf to model, period!  Just a casual shoot, no partial or full nude planned.  They both were quickly shown the door.  Bye....., next.....  smile

Oct 08 12 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Jean Renard Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

I am the absolute worst model I have ever had the unpleasantness to ever work with, the self portrait I took is just awful I suck completely and I can't even blame the photographer or I'd never be able to work again which makes it worse..... and now I will be banned on MM...sigh....

Oct 08 12 04:21 pm Link

Model

Miroslava Svoboda

Seattle, Washington, US

Jean Renard Photography wrote:
I am the absolute worst model I have ever had the unpleasantness to ever work with, the self portrait I took is just awful I suck completely and I can't even blame the photographer or I'd never be able to work again which makes it worse..... and now I will be banned on MM...sigh....

big_smile Ditto

Oct 08 12 04:25 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

Steven A Thompson wrote:
In another case I hired a model to do a shot that specifically required getting soaking wet. I was very clear in my communications and, indeed, this was a response to a specific casting call for this as well. We shot a few ideas leading up to the shot and when the time came she had to Google to see if she could get her synthetic hair wet. Apparently not. Later I Googled her. That was the last time I don't do a simple reference or Internet check. Interesting footage I found...should have Googled first.

Wtf kind of synthetic hair can't get wet?

Oct 08 12 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

One crazy model threatened to kill me once...over $20

Oct 08 12 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

GeM Photographic

Racine, Wisconsin, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:

Wtf kind of synthetic hair can't get wet?

Don't know about real vs. synthetic, but I have shot with a model who removed her extensions before getting wet for the shower set.

Oct 08 12 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

John Edward wrote:
She, showed up with Him, (the BF)

So we're discussing outfits before the shoot, bear in mind, it turns out her "work, she asked me to meet her at, was a topless bar, yup, she was a stripper.

So every outfit, I offered, either she said, "no, I can't wear that," or if she approved it, he chimed in and demanded more money than agreed.

This went on for twenty minutes, or more. Finally, I asked them both, "How much to just have you two leave?"

Best twenty bucks I ever spent.

I'll be happy to not model for you for $20.

Oct 08 12 08:39 pm Link

Model

TamaraBryant

Lombard, Illinois, US

I've worked with a photog who smelled so bad it made me sick... That shoot ended pretty quickly.

Oct 09 12 12:54 am Link

Model

Yoshimi Robot Battle

Sunderland, England, United Kingdom

G D Peters Photography wrote:
More than once, a jealous bf did not want his model gf to model, period!  Just a casual shoot, no partial or full nude planned.  They both were quickly shown the door.  Bye....., next.....  smile

I've at least never brought my boyfriend to a shoot, I've had the photographers I have work with offer to let me bring a friend but I prefer to just text a friend the address of the studio so someone knows where I am and meet them after.

Oct 09 12 04:23 am Link