Forums > Newbie Forum > New model

Model

jassy bby

Riverside, California, US

Im new to everything and iwanna make sure the photographers tht im dealing with are legit how do iknow lol & who dont iwant to schdeule shoots with? Ilove meeting new people soo hit me up(:

Oct 07 12 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

ColourFool

Breda, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Welcome to the Mayhem!

Check out the casting calls in your area. Check references for photographers you might want to work with .. and use a little bit of common sense. Things that sound too good to be true .. you know the drill ;-)

Oct 07 12 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

Welcome to MM.

A good way to start to work with legit creatives is to make sure you come across as professional as the folks that you wish to work with.  As such, my advice for you is to consider redoing your bio -- keep the enthusiasm but consider losing the slang. 

MM is a terrific place to meet amazing talent and network with amazing talent.  I wish you the best in doing so.

Oct 07 12 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

JDF Photography

Marengo, Ohio, US

Welcome and enjoy the Mayhem!

Oct 07 12 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Digitoxin wrote:
Welcome to MM.

A good way to start to work with legit creatives is to make sure you come across as professional as the folks that you wish to work with.  As such, my advice for you is to consider redoing your bio -- keep the enthusiasm but consider losing the slang. 

MM is a terrific place to meet amazing talent and network with amazing talent.  I wish you the best in doing so.

I agree. Consider your About Me as your resume for a job application. Use proper spelling (real words), sentences, punctuation, and capitals in the proper places.

Oct 07 12 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

SilverWood Studio

Quakertown, Pennsylvania, US

I agree with the above posts. While rampant informality and slang has its place, it isn't here.  Obviously, MM isn't a stuffy haven of grammar, punctuation, and spelling Nazis, but it IS a forum where professionals congregate to further their art. Expressing yourself in an unprofessional manner on MM may deter serious photographers from working with you, thus leaving you with the leftovers. I'd retool your bio and write future posts to reflect a more professional appearance. I believe that this will lead you to better quality connections. You have a lot of potential! Good luck!

Oct 07 12 05:10 pm Link

Oct 07 12 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

Lee Nutter

Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I always tell models to get in touch with one or more of the people credited in my portfolio. In this way, they get an unbias, third party opinion on who I am as a person and what I'm like to work with.

If I was a model, that's what I'd do. If a photographer isn't properly crediting the people he's worked with, then that's his loss smile

Oct 10 12 05:58 am Link