Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Hot Pink Mascara

Makeup Artist

Lucie Gardiner Worship

Posts: 29

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

I need to buy a Hot Pink Mascara for a job. I've found Barry M but wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks All!

Oct 10 12 01:13 am Link

Makeup Artist

Daneka Wilson Make Up

Posts: 47

Longford, Longford, Ireland

I'd probably mix some clear mascara with hot pink pigment if I couldn't find one I liked! HTH

Oct 10 12 03:31 am Link

Makeup Artist

SarahChaudhry

Posts: 298

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Daneka Wilson Make Up wrote:
I'd probably mix some clear mascara with hot pink pigment if I couldn't find one I liked! HTH

Exactly what i did for a shoot.Crushed some eyeshadow(cuz Im not a fan of pigments) and mixed it with MUFE Eye Seal. Stayed put all day!
Did it for brows before too, works REALLY well!

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111229/08/4efc982a8e702_m.jpg

Oct 10 12 07:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

Lucie Gardiner Worship

Posts: 29

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Think a pink pigment might be the way, that way I  can make sure that the pink is hot enough, it's for catwalk so really needs to pop, Thanks!

Oct 10 12 10:08 am Link

Makeup Artist

SarahChaudhry

Posts: 298

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Lucie Gardiner Worship wrote:
Think a pink pigment might be the way, that way I  can make sure that the pink is hot enough, it's for catwalk so really needs to pop, Thanks!

Then you should mix pink pigment with clear mascara or with Mufe EyeSeal and use a spoolieto apply it , sure win! smile

Oct 10 12 04:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ernesto M Casillas

Posts: 305

Los Angeles, California, US

PLEASE make sure it's safe to use the pink pigment around the eye...a lot of bright pink, purple and red pigments are not safe for use around eyes.

Oct 10 12 07:01 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Angel Ivan Hair Make-up

Posts: 1

London, England, United Kingdom

I use a Super Colour Mascara Blue from the brand Kiko Make-up Milano.
Its quite strong and stands, giving an amazing effect.

Don't know about other colours available, but worth search on google about it and where to find it.

Hope helps! x

Oct 10 12 07:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dani Jaye

Posts: 319

Princeton, New Jersey, US

When I need a mascara color to be bright and stand out I use NYX's cream pencil in "milk" on the lashes.  It totally whites out the eyes and sets within a few minutes.  Then I can go in and brush on the colored mascara and it REALLY stands out incredibly well.  That's what I did on the faerie inspired shoot in my port. I needed her eyes to be very violet and the lashes really made the difference.

Oct 15 12 09:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SD Makeup Artisty

Posts: 184

Hicksville, New York, US

Dani Jaye MUA wrote:
When I need a mascara color to be bright and stand out I use NYX's cream pencil in "milk" on the lashes.  It totally whites out the eyes and sets within a few minutes.  Then I can go in and brush on the colored mascara and it REALLY stands out incredibly well.  That's what I did on the faerie inspired shoot in my port. I needed her eyes to be very violet and the lashes really made the difference.

I've done this before too. (:

Oct 16 12 05:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lucie Gardiner Worship

Posts: 29

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Thanks for the tip, lashes definitely need to be whited out first. I'm using MUFE aqua cream in 07 applied with a mascara wand, saves the mess with pigment, sets perfectly and is super pink.

Oct 20 12 07:02 am Link