Model

Angeli Li

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

So my prom is coming up....I want a gorgeous dress ( of course) that's white and fluffy. I worry it might be too wedding like. Ideas?

Also, where do you get cheaper dresses? The cheapest I found that is close to being considered pretty is 500$. My budget is 150$.

And I'll be alone going. Is that pathetic? sad My school has a stupid rule that you can only take people within your grade within the school.

And share you prom experiences! Love to hear them smile

Oct 11 12 03:24 am Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Prom! Wow, that was a long time ago. I went to Junior and Senior prom with the same girl and we had a blast.

Angelee, I hope you have a great time dear. I bet you will be the most beautiful girl there!

Oct 11 12 07:24 am Link

Photographer

E P O N A

Copiague, New York, US

Angelee Li wrote:
So my prom is coming up....I want a gorgeous dress ( of course) that's white and fluffy. I worry it might be too wedding like. Ideas?

Also, where do you get cheaper dresses? The cheapest I found that is close to being considered pretty is 500$. My budget is 150$.

And I'll be alone going. Is that pathetic? sad My school has a stupid rule that you can only take people within your grade within the school.

And share you prom experiences! Love to hear them smile

Yaaaay prom! I had a white fluffy dress. I felt like a princess. smile
Don't feel weird about going alone. Just grab some gal pals and pool for a limo to arrive together (or with the people at your table)

Have fun. Dance. Take lots of pictures and congratulations!

Oct 11 12 07:29 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

There are price options.

Have fun and congratulations.

Oct 11 12 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Angelee Li wrote:

If you can get past that desire for white and fluffy, you could always make a prom dress out of paper or duct tape. You might even get a little attention from the local media for it.

Oct 11 12 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Wildcat Photography

Valparaiso, Indiana, US

There are places that sell slightly used designer dresses & prom dresses for a fraction of their new price. 

You may want to Google this and see if you can find a place near you or an online store, especially in California/NYC/Chicago.

Wildcat

Oct 11 12 09:55 am Link

Model

Angeli Li

Tim Little Photography wrote:
Prom! Wow, that was a long time ago. I went to Junior and Senior prom with the same girl and we had a blast.

Angelee, I hope you have a great time dear. I bet you will be the most beautiful girl there!

Wow, thank you very much!

Oct 11 12 11:50 am Link

Model

Angeli Li

Wildcat Photography wrote:
There are places that sell slightly used designer dresses & prom dresses for a fraction of their new price. 

You may want to Google this and see if you can find a place near you or an online store, especially in California/NYC/Chicago.

Wildcat

Ok I'll do that! Thank you~

Oct 11 12 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Wildcat Photography

Valparaiso, Indiana, US

Angelee Li wrote:

Ok I'll do that! Thank you~

Best wishes on your Prom!

Also, some pictures of you in the gorgeous Prom dress you find would be great to see too!

Oct 11 12 11:52 am Link

Model

Angeli Li

Michael Bots wrote:
There are price options.

Have fun and congratulations.

Thank you!

Oct 11 12 11:58 am Link

Model

Angeli Li

Wildcat Photography wrote:

Best wishes on your Prom!

Also, some pictures of you in the gorgeous Prom dress you find would be great to see too!

I'm gonna put it in my portfolio pretending that I'm modeling for something tongue

Oct 11 12 11:59 am Link

Model

Angeli Li

Orca Bay Images wrote:
If you can get past that desire for white and fluffy, you could always make a prom dress out of paper or duct tape. You might even get a little attention from the local media for it.

LOL that might happen, if I can't find something in time. Watch out, I might even be seen on news around the world as a fashion innovationist (idk if thats a word)

Oct 11 12 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Angelee Li wrote:

LOL that might happen, if I can't find something in time. Watch out, I might even be seen on news around the world as a fashion innovationist (idk if thats a word)

Innovator. But close enough to get the idea across.

Seems every year at prom time, there are plenty of articles about girls making prom dresses out of all sorts of odd materials. One girl last year made a very elaborate gown out of interlocked Starburst wrappers. She was probably the nicest-smelling girl at the prom.

Oct 11 12 06:31 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
Innovator. But close enough to get the idea across.

Seems every year at prom time, there are plenty of articles about girls making prom dresses out of all sorts of odd materials. One girl last year made a very elaborate gown out of interlocked Starburst wrappers. She was probably the nicest-smelling girl at the prom.

Oh my god awesome! I would've written her in for prom queen just for that...

Edit- and I'm a bit confused by your budget... Are you looking for a designer dress? Or something very specific?

Here if you have money Windsor is go-to. But even they have short prom dresses down to like $45.

Im also sorry to hear about your school rule, that's really obnoxious for prom.... Ours is up to 21, but we just made friends in the deans office(:

Oct 11 12 06:34 pm Link

Model

E_V_A

Redondo Beach, California, US

Honestley I always check out Marshalls, Ross, thrift stores, sometimes you can find some really good deals there!

And dont worry about going alone. I've been to prom twice. Once sophmore year with my highschool sweetheart, and once senior year with a long time guy friend. Both times I had a blast, but when I went with a boyfriend I honestley did feel a little obligated to stick with him throughout the night, and when I just went with a big group of friends and a guy friend of mine, we just posed for pictures for our parents then had a blast with our friends. Dont stress about it I'm sure you'll still get a slow dance with some cutie in there at some point in the night wink

HAVE FUN!!

Oct 11 12 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

You can go fun and short smile

http://www.dillards.com/product/B.-Darl … 19?rr=true

It's def white and fluffy but not like a wedding gown smile have fun with it! there's options!

Oct 11 12 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

R80

Marceline, Missouri, US

Thrift stores often have a selection of prom dresses at greatly reduced prices.  There's also of course, Ebay.

Many girls pay out the Wazoo for a dress they wear one time.  That's crazy, in my opinion.  Imagine the burn to pay close to 2 grand for a new dress, going to prom, and finding someone else has the same dress.

I've gathered a large collection of Gunne Sax dresses and knock-off Gunnes through years of checking thrift stores and occasionally buying off Ebay.  I now have over 80 Gunnes alone.  Back when I did that I paid no more than $30 per dress, most much cheaper.  I've also had girls ask to borrow some for their proms.  I don't look for Gunnes much anymore because a few years ago they or the retro look really caught on and they got pretty scarce or just too expensive.

Good luck to you on your search.  You can get buy cheaper and still look great at your prom.  Most of all, have fun, it's a big part of your life and memories that will last forever.

Oct 11 12 11:29 pm Link

Model

Gitte

Newton, Massachusetts, US

Deb stores have lots of pretty dresses at reasonable prices: http://www.debshops.com/

and there's always eBay too!

Best wishes and have fun!

Oct 12 12 01:14 pm Link