Photographer

r4u

Paris, Île-de-France, France

OK isn't KO wink

Oct 15 12 10:46 am Link

Photographer

AWHill Photography

New York, New York, US

I can imagine why she does not like it. The pose is not graceful nor is her expression flattering. The image itself is uninteresting - with a pure black back drop this might have been Better if you positioned the model 2 - 3 feet in front of the backdrop - shot it in black & white - and manipulated some shadows to cover some of her form so she appears to be falling into the darkness.

Her left elbow is bunched and wrinkled.

Oct 15 12 11:36 am Link

Photographer

dd photography

San Diego, California, US

Ask her.

Oct 15 12 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Yan Tan Tethera

Biggleswade, England, United Kingdom

AWHill Photography wrote:
I can imagine why she does not like it. The pose is not graceful nor is her expression flattering. The image itself is uninteresting - with a pure black back drop this might have been Better if you positioned the model 2 - 3 feet in front of the backdrop - shot it in black & white - and manipulated some shadows to cover some of her form so she appears to be falling into the darkness.

Her left elbow is bunched and wrinkled.

It's a legitimate critique meh.

Oct 15 12 11:51 am Link

Photographer

Yan Tan Tethera

Biggleswade, England, United Kingdom

r4u wrote:
OK isn't KO wink

Que je suis bête.

Oct 15 12 11:52 am Link

Photographer

r4u

"The image itself is uninteresting" AWhill can you detail?

Oct 15 12 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Phigure Foto

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

To me the image seems:
- soft & out of focus/motion blur
- expression doesn't look "nice", not flattering
- crop is poor (cut off legs)
- composition... not very interesting
- lighting is too bland and not enough back/rim light, model's features just disappear.

You have plenty of way better work in your port.

Oct 15 12 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

AWHill Photography

New York, New York, US

Phigure Foto wrote:
To me the image seems:
- soft & out of focus/motion blur
- expression doesn't look "nice", not flattering
- crop is poor (cut off legs)
- composition... not very interesting
- lighting is too bland and not enough back/rim light, model's features just disappear.

You have plenty of way better work in your port.

This. When I say it is not very interesting I am referring to the composition. You have much better stuff in your port.

Oct 15 12 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

r4u

When you go out standard nobody follow wink

""When the wise man points to the moon, the fool looks at the finger." - Chinese proverb

Oct 18 12 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Woven Thought

Petersburg, Virginia, US

Ladies don't like wrinkles.  Interesting idea, but she should have known it likely wouldn't be flattering.

Oct 18 12 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

To me, this looks like a silly "between shots" shot when the model is goofing around and the picture is taken for laughs afterwards.

There's nothing particularly attractive about the pose.  Nothing particularly artistic about the shot.  Even her face and hair seem to have some motion blur as if she were talking or moving during the shot.

The overall feel of the shot is "amateur".  Perhaps she was expecting something in the arena of some of the very good shots in your portfolio.  This one is not.

Oct 18 12 10:40 am Link

Photographer

L2Photography net

University City, Missouri, US

dd photography wrote:
Ask her.

+1

Oct 18 12 10:46 am Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Los Angeles, California, US

Maybe you should just ask her, since most of us are really bad at mind-reading.

Now, I can tell you what *I* like and do not like:

Likes; colors match and are in harmony, pose has editing potential*, lighting is okay (should be from the side for a dramatic shot like this)... that's about it.

Do not likes; not enough contrast between legs/feet, also hands, the pose and composition (pose is worse, composition is so and so).

* Now, I think this pic needs a LOT of post-editing:

The facial expression could be highlighted, darken out everything else, maybe crop out the legs.

Separate the upper and lower torso so it looks like model got cut in half (Halloween).

It just needs a lot of creative editing, I mean a lot, go nuts... the pic is. smile

Oct 18 12 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

CR-PHOTO

Tannersville, Pennsylvania, US

The pose is atrocious because it is not flattering to her, nor can it be attributed to being "artistic"  In this case, the artistic merit is not subjective. It is simply a very bad image. Most of the reasons have been touched upon all ready and I would suggest that you keep trying and not be discouraged.

Oct 18 12 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Pelham, New York, US

r4u wrote:

""When the wise man points to the moon, the fool looks at the finger." - Chinese proverb

I am not sure why you are asking for a critique. People told you why (and I agree with them) and the model doesn't even like it.

Oct 19 12 05:16 am Link

Photographer

r4u

In fact model doesn't like her face in the whole serie...
It's subjective, no?
Other ex in same serie 18 +
https://www.box.com/s/j225w59z9phrd4zvj634

Oct 20 12 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Lodi, California, US

r4u wrote:

Obviously you came into this critique forum ready to accept nothing but unabashed adoration. Don't ask for feedback and then suggest people are fools if they don't buy your line of thinking.

I can see why the model isn't in love with that image. Not many faces are flattered by being upside-down, with gravity contorting. And, as someone else mentioned, it looks like an outtake.

Oct 20 12 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Lodi, California, US

r4u wrote:
In fact model doesn't like her face in the whole serie...
It's subjective, no?
Other ex in same serie 18 +
https://www.box.com/s/j225w59z9phrd4zvj634

Her face looks fine in that shot. It's her body that suffers from your failure to edit out all those underwear lines in her skin.

Oct 20 12 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Matt Forma

Denver, Colorado, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
To me, this looks like a silly "between shots" shot when the model is goofing around and the picture is taken for laughs afterwards.

There's nothing particularly attractive about the pose.  Nothing particularly artistic about the shot.  Even her face and hair seem to have some motion blur as if she were talking or moving during the shot.

The overall feel of the shot is "amateur".

+5

Oct 20 12 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Russo Photography

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I agree with her. 

Kevin Russo -Photographer
www.KR-Photos.Com

Oct 20 12 04:34 pm Link