Forums > Critique > Compliment the person above you!!!!!

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Posts: 558

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

model emily  wrote:

I dig the Wolverine shot; I really got a kick out of that (in a good way!) smile

Amazing face- your jawline is fantastic! Versatile look for several genres.

Nov 17 12 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Felipe Jimenez

Posts: 407

Chicago, Illinois, US

Lucid-Grafx Photography wrote:
Amazing face- your jawline is fantastic! Versatile look for several genres.

Love the uniqueness of your portfolio. Definitely artistic, even though it might not be my style. Oh and your editing rocks. Just saying. big_smile

Nov 18 12 09:16 pm Link

Model

RileyBison

Posts: 14

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Mr. Felipe Jimenez,

I think on the good side, your photos are loose, airy, fun, and pastoral. I think your work at this point suits some magazines, catalogues, lifestyle shots for clients and the more you keep developing the better of course. Lighting is bright, and all contents are clear. You also seem to get a good happy performance from models so I'm guessing you're good to work with.

On the other side, I think some of the things above point in a direction you could explore more. I don't know if you are interested in this direction for commercial reasons, but it could take you in a more editorial direction in the future. Maybe you'd try it for artistic reasons or to expand your skill set. What I would say is that some shots are getting close to being too sunny and fun to be highly engrossing. The other way to go would be richer clothing, different lighting (darker?) and settings (less conventional). Although your models are buoyant looking, there doesn't seem to be much story, so have you though about putting them in a unique setting with more esoteric styling and then letting the model play with the landscape and their character more?

Nov 19 12 12:02 am Link

Photographer

Felipe Jimenez

Posts: 407

Chicago, Illinois, US

RileyBison wrote:
Mr. Felipe Jimenez,

I think on the good side, your photos are loose, airy, fun, and pastoral. I think your work at this point suits some magazines, catalogues, lifestyle shots for clients and the more you keep developing the better of course. Lighting is bright, and all contents are clear. You also seem to get a good happy performance from models so I'm guessing you're good to work with.

On the other side, I think some of the things above point in a direction you could explore more. I don't know if you are interested in this direction for commercial reasons, but it could take you in a more editorial direction in the future. Maybe you'd try it for artistic reasons or to expand your skill set. What I would say is that some shots are getting close to being too sunny and fun to be highly engrossing. The other way to go would be richer clothing, different lighting (darker?) and settings (less conventional). Although your models are buoyant looking, there doesn't seem to be much story, so have you though about putting them in a unique setting with more esoteric styling and then letting the model play with the landscape and their character more?

First of all, thank you so much for the feedback. I truly appreciate it, both the strengths and the weaknesses.

I agree with you when you say I can explore more. I've definitely thought about it, and I'm willing to try it. The only thing that I don't want to do is artistic nudes. A lot of photographers do that here, and I feel that's what sets me apart. It's not that I don't like them, I just don't think it necessarily has to be the only thing someone does. As far as them getting too sunny, it could be seen that way. I'm a very optimistic person, so doing something dark is different for me. Not that I wouldn't do it, I just haven't been able to explore with lighting just yet. I want to do a bit of studio and explore with that once I find a place to settle down after graduation. College has been really crazy so once I'm actually working, I feel I'll have a bit more free time to truly explore more options. Remember, these are also just a few of my shots. Not necessarily everybody's favorite, but at least ones that describe me as an artist: optimistic and colorful. I think it's a way to grab someone's attention. I see way too many dark photographers on here. Sometimes I feel that it's a nice change to see something a bit more playful, full of life, and yet still have some class. big_smile

Nov 19 12 07:55 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36230

Upland, California, US

Felipe Jimenez wrote:

First of all, thank you so much for the feedback. I truly appreciate it, both the strengths and the weaknesses.

I agree with you when you say I can explore more. I've definitely thought about it, and I'm willing to try it. The only thing that I don't want to do is artistic nudes. A lot of photographers do that here, and I feel that's what sets me apart. It's not that I don't like them, I just don't think it necessarily has to be the only thing someone does. As far as them getting too sunny, it could be seen that way. I'm a very optimistic person, so doing something dark is different for me. Not that I wouldn't do it, I just haven't been able to explore with lighting just yet. I want to do a bit of studio and explore with that once I find a place to settle down after graduation. College has been really crazy so once I'm actually working, I feel I'll have a bit more free time to truly explore more options. Remember, these are also just a few of my shots. Not necessarily everybody's favorite, but at least ones that describe me as an artist: optimistic and colorful. I think it's a way to grab someone's attention. I see way too many dark photographers on here. Sometimes I feel that it's a nice change to see something a bit more playful, full of life, and yet still have some class. big_smile

Good composition and color... personality shines thru in the images... borat

Nov 19 12 07:59 am Link

Model

Carolina Goddess

Posts: 146

Augusta, Georgia, US

Select Models wrote:
big_smile

Good composition and color... personality shines thru in the images... borat

Beautiful image and I think you have a great eye with true vision!

Nov 19 12 08:06 am Link

Photographer

a different brian

Posts: 37

Statesboro, Georgia, US

Ann! I love your work! At first look through, your confidence and self-assuredness is so enviable, but looking closer what draws me to you is that you're having fun, and it shows. And it has to be fun!

I'd love to work with you given the opportunity!

Nov 19 12 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36230

Upland, California, US

Carolina Goddess wrote:
Beautiful image and I think you have a great eye with true vision!

Awwwww... gee thanks for the kudos... wink

Nov 19 12 01:34 pm Link

Model

RileyBison

Posts: 14

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I guess the format of this thread is long forgotten. Comment on the person before you?

Nov 19 12 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Posts: 6400

Champaign, Illinois, US

Riley I like your versatility. It seems you are a true blank canvass for an artist

Nov 19 12 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

DWShoots

Posts: 300

San Antonio, Texas, US

RileyBison wrote:
I guess the format of this thread is long forgotten. Comment on the person before you?

You have great diversity in your portfolio. I like that you're not afraid to get dirty yet you can still play the dressed up role.

Nov 19 12 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

nyk fury

Posts: 2918

Port Townsend, Washington, US

DW, your avatar looks exactly like the feral woman of my lifelong artistic fantasies!

Nov 19 12 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

SYCF

Posts: 276

Los Angeles, California, US

love the darkness.. nice work.

Nov 19 12 09:06 pm Link

Model

Christopher Meadows

Posts: 147

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

SYCF wrote:
love the darkness.. nice work.

Really like your port. Bummer you don't work with guys. At least it appears that way.

Nov 19 12 09:09 pm Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Christopher Meadows wrote:

Really like your port. Bummer you don't work with guys. At least it appears that way.

Gorgeous physique and love your blue eyes!

Nov 19 12 09:40 pm Link

Model

Samantha Liana

Posts: 2634

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

winking_wonder wrote:

Gorgeous physique and love your blue eyes!

Prettyyy

Nov 19 12 09:51 pm Link

Model

B E A R

Posts: 474

Riverside, California, US

Samantha Liana wrote:

Prettyyy

You're absolutely gorgeous. Love your skin.

Nov 19 12 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

Miser Phototgraphy

Posts: 102

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Bear wrote:

You're absolutely gorgeous. Love your skin.

Very pretty and a really nice Port.

Nov 19 12 11:25 pm Link

Model

Mary Geraldine

Posts: 1697

Valdese, North Carolina, US

Miser Photography wrote:

Very pretty and a really nice Port.

Love your b&w work. This is hot.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121119/02/50aa0fcec698a_m.jpg

And I'm always jealous of anyone who has any sort of musical talent. ^_^

Nov 19 12 11:50 pm Link

Model

LisaInLondon

Posts: 707

London, England, United Kingdom

You''re very versatile

Nov 20 12 03:25 am Link

Model

Katie Pagani

Posts: 248

New York, New York, US

LizaK wrote:
You''re very versatile

You are simply gorgeous and have an awesome port (=

Nov 20 12 06:28 am Link

Clothing Designer

Chain Reaction

Posts: 529

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

BelezaModel wrote:

She has a no nonsense approach and knows exactly what she wants.

Nov 20 12 06:57 am Link

Model

The Book of Estime

Posts: 3

New York, New York, US

Chain Reaction wrote:
She has a no nonsense approach and knows exactly what she wants.

Great innovative designer.

Nov 20 12 02:22 pm Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Dec 11 12 06:08 pm Link

Model

angel emily

Posts: 1020

Boston, Massachusetts, US

winking_wonder wrote:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/21516651

This is really cool!

Dec 11 12 06:12 pm Link

Model

E e v a

Posts: 1724

Nashville, Tennessee, US

model emily  wrote:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/21516651

This is really cool!

Well this will be easy.
I could just pick like every single shot and have 10 amazing things to say about it. Just your entire face is awesome.

Dec 11 12 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Natural Body Photo

Posts: 303

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

[ For Samantha Emme]

You are so versatile in your look; I really like your Light port a lot because it is fresh and lively.  I would love to work with you... I just passed thru your city a week ago!

Dec 11 12 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

Miser Phototgraphy

Posts: 102

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Natural Body Photo  wrote:
[ For Samantha Emme]

You are so versatile in your look; I really like your Light port a lot because it is fresh and lively.  I would love to work with you... I just passed thru your city a week ago!

Portfolio is nice and simple. :-)

Dec 11 12 10:21 pm Link

Model

Autumn Rose Brightly

Posts: 1097

Crowley, Texas, US

Miser Photography wrote:

Portfolio is nice and simple. :-)

Beautiful port! You have a great eye smile

Dec 11 12 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Ezhini

Posts: 1601

Wichita, Kansas, US

You are super pretty. Pretty eyes and sexy lips.
I love your charming smile in this: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30839285

Dec 12 12 09:11 am Link

Model

Kaimana Lee

Posts: 2

South Miami, Florida, US

Ezhini wrote:
You are super pretty. Pretty eyes and sexy lips.
I love your charming smile in this: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30839285

I love your style in your port and how you bring out each of your models individual beauties.  Beautiful!

Dec 12 12 09:20 am Link

Model

Lisa Verhoeks

Posts: 73

Nieuwegein, Utrecht, Netherlands

I like this one the most of all.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121119/08/50aa57885c540_m.jpg

It's very sensual, I like it!

Dec 12 12 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Posts: 4315

Vineland, New Jersey, US

Lisa Verhoeks wrote:

You have a look and style that is rare among people your age. It seems you have the ability to take this to whatever level you like. smile

Dec 12 12 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Deeeliteful Images

Posts: 1176

Surprise, Arizona, US

Lovely Day Media

My fave in your port! Looks like you like to use natural lighting and thats a good thing! Great port as well! Keep up the amazing work!
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121002/21/506bc3bfd41ef_m.jpg

Dec 12 12 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Orcatek Photography

Posts: 1689

Tempe, Arizona, US

Deee-Liteful Images wrote:
Lovely Day Media

My fave in your port! Looks like you like to use natural lighting and thats a good thing! Great port as well! Keep up the amazing work!
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121002/21/506bc3bfd41ef_m.jpg

You smell amazing....

Dec 12 12 11:07 am Link

Model

Lisa Verhoeks

Posts: 73

Nieuwegein, Utrecht, Netherlands

Lovely Day Media wrote:
You have a look and style that is rare among people your age. It seems you have the ability to take this to whatever level you like. smile

Thank you, means a lot to me. smile

@above: Your pictures are really creative, and that's what i adore. http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120909/14/504d0f91e2b83_m.jpg  This one stunned me the most. Very very nice!!

Dec 12 12 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Posts: 5210

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Lisa Verhoeks wrote:
Thank you, means a lot to me. smile

I think you are so photogenic that I'd seriously consider flying across the channel to shoot with you. smile

Dec 12 12 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Deeeliteful Images

Posts: 1176

Surprise, Arizona, US

I smell amazing? Your silly Dean! lol tongue

Orcatek Photography wrote:

You smell amazing....

Dec 12 12 11:15 am Link

Model

Lisa Verhoeks

Posts: 73

Nieuwegein, Utrecht, Netherlands

Drew Smith Photography wrote:

I think you are so photogenic that I'd seriously consider flying across the channel to shoot with you. smile

Wauw, thank you! That's a very appealing offer you have there.

Dec 12 12 11:16 am Link

Model

_eMMe_

Posts: 842

Florence, Toscana, Italy

You are very well proportioned and with a lovely face!

Dec 12 12 11:17 am Link