New York, New York, US

Hello hair people!
I'm wondering if there is something that can be done in the field that will manage those stray hairs.  I hate cloning out those strands that make a picture look messy.

I there a spray or water or anything else that can be done?

Nov 03 12 08:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Los Angeles, California, US

Use a spoolie or clean mascara wand with a little bit of gel on it and lightly comb the strays down.

There is also a lightweight finishing spray by Ouidad called "Climate ControlĀ® Frizz & Flyaway Fighter Taming Shine Spray" (found at sephora)

I would only recommend this to models with non-oily hair. It's like a really thin and lightweight oil that tames flyaways.

Nov 03 12 01:13 pm Link

Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

One of the things I usually do is spray some hairspray into my hands and then "pet" the hair down where there's flyaways. As long as your gentle it shouldn't affect the hair style smile

Nov 03 12 04:34 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Brooklyn, New York, US

How you handle it depends on the style. In most cases, the best way to handle it is a proper blowout beforehand that gets the hair already going in the direction it's supposed to.

If that doesn't solve it, the simplest way is to do a light mist of Elnett or a similar workable hold hairspray and then lightly brushing them into place. You can also try spraying the same spray on a paper towel then lightly sweeping it across the problem areas with the grain of the hair (from roots to ends).

Nov 03 12 09:58 pm Link