Forums > Model Colloquy > Full nudity shootings

Model

Emil T

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Hello,
I didn't do full nudity shootings until now and I would like to ask all of you with more experience in this.
So, I got an offer for nude shooting. The people from the agency asked me directly: "How much do you charge for nude shooting?"
Well, since I never had one I have no idea how much should I ask for it. I rejected the offer, because I am not sure about doing nude photos for now (only half-nude), but I wasn't sure anyway what price to ask and so on.
So, what do you think should be the appropriate price I ask to be paid next time I decide? We talk about full nudity.
Thank you!

Nov 05 12 01:09 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

If you're working through an agency then they should be setting the price, not us hmm

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Nov 05 12 02:33 am Link

Photographer

JoshuaDavisPhotography

San Francisco, California, US

-B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- wrote:
If you're working through an agency then they should be setting the price, not us hmm

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

I'm not familiar with how agencies in Europe work (particularly his unnamed agency), but I wonder if they're just sizing him up, in other words seeing if he quotes them for less than they usually offer. As they say the first person to offer something in a negation looses...

Nov 05 12 02:51 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Emil T wrote:
Hello,
I didn't do full nudity shootings until now and I would like to ask all of you with more experience in this.
So, I got an offer for nude shooting. The people from the agency asked me directly: "How much do you charge for nude shooting?"
Well, since I never had one I have no idea how much should I ask for it. I rejected the offer, because I am not sure about doing nude photos for now (only half-nude), but I wasn't sure anyway what price to ask and so on.
So, what do you think should be the appropriate price I ask to be paid next time I decide? We talk about full nudity.
Thank you!

I don't understand half nudity for a male model.  Swim trunks are either on or off???

Nov 05 12 07:14 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Mark Salo wrote:

I don't understand half nudity for a male model.  Swim trunks are either on or off???

English may not be the OP's first language.  Should we denegrate him for that?

Nov 05 12 07:22 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Emil T wrote:
Hello,
Thank you!

Do you want to know the rates here in Portland, Oregon, USA or do you want to know the rates in Berlin?  The local supply & demand of suitable models is the key factor in deciding modeling rates.  I can give you a number, but it will be mostly worthless to you.  Same for everyone else who doesn't know the market in Berlin.

Also, "How much do you charge for nude shooting?" is too vague for my taste.  "Nude shooting" could mean "fine art", or "glamor", or "bondage", or "explicit adult" posing.  Other factors would influence the rates you would charge, too -- how will the images be used, how long will the shoot last, where is the shoot, will the shoot leave scars, etc. should be considered.

My long term advice:  this is the opening ploy in a negotiation, and I daresay that all of us could stand to improve our negotiation skills, regardless of how skilled we are now.  Fortunately, there are tons of self-help books and adult education classes available on the topic.  Check it out.

Meanwhile, get more information about the shoot particulars.  Understand how much similar models are charging in your area.  Get your agency to help.  Ask the potential employer to suggest a rate.

Good luck.

Nov 05 12 07:34 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

-B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- wrote:

Mark Salo wrote:

Kent Art Photography wrote:
English may not be the OP's first language.  Should we denegrate him for that?

I think the entire issue here is a language question.  I don't think that he is working through a talent agency, i.e. I don't think he has an agent.  I think by agency I think he is referring to the company that wants to hire him.  When he talks about "half-nudity" I think he means bare butt rather than full frontal.

In the end, his question is simple, he is willing to do full frontal nudity, he just doesn't know what to charge.  Neither do I.  I have no idea what the going rate for freelance, male frontal nudity, for commercial usage is in Germany.  I do think it is a fair question to ask.

Nov 05 12 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Viking Models

Huntington Beach, California, US

Mark Salo wrote:

Ass cheeks or the full monty? wink

Nov 05 12 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Mark Salo wrote:

Viking Models wrote:
Ass cheeks or the full monty? wink

It's my poor comprehension, I guess.  I don't get out much.  I certainly had no intention to be critical.

OTOH I've seen at least five different definitions of nudity presented by female models here - one of which was ass cheeks.

Nov 05 12 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Mark Salo wrote:

Mark Salo wrote:

It's my poor comprehension, I guess.  I don't get out much.  I certainly had no intention to be critical.

OTOH I've seen at least five different definitions of nudity presented by female models here - one of which was ass cheeks.

Substitute "semi" for "half" and it all makes perfect sense.

Nov 05 12 08:15 am Link

Model

Emil T

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

ei Total Productions wrote:

-B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- wrote:

Mark Salo wrote:

I think the entire issue here is a language question.  I don't think that he is working through a talent agency, i.e. I don't think he has an agent.  I think by agency I think he is referring to the company that wants to hire him.  When he talks about "half-nudity" I think he means bare butt rather than full frontal.

In the end, his question is simple, he is willing to do full frontal nudity, he just doesn't know what to charge.  Neither do I.  I have no idea what the going rate for freelance, male frontal nudity, for commercial usage is in Germany.  I do think it is a fair question to ask.

At least somebody understood me! For the rest:

1) If i had agent/agency I wouldn't ask here
2) half nude = not showing my d**k, hope this is clear enough?
3) I still would be thankful to anyone who can help me with answer of my question or at least round about. If you don't think it's appropriate to write it here, than send me a personal message with your opinion. It is still helpful! Thank you!

Nov 05 12 08:37 am Link

Photographer

DAN CRUIKSHANK

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I prefer when models have one set rate. Personally, I find tiered rates based on the level of nakedness kind of lame and amateurish.

Nov 05 12 08:47 am Link

Photographer

San Francisco, California, US

Shooting nudes is a personal matter. Some llamas have hefty fees while others will llama nude for free for the sake of art.

In your case and if I was in your shoes (as a llama), I would try to think about my day's earnings. Use that as a starting point. If the company that's interested in you thinks it is too high, you can lower your price within reason so that you would not lose too much income for the day.

Another thing when giving your fees is to know about your market and competition. Chances are you are not the only nude llama the company is interested in. They probably have others lined up.

Nov 05 12 09:36 am Link