Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Most cringe worthy moment during a Photoshoot??

Model

Tegan Lynn

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

ChaiNoir wrote:

Vagina booger ... Now thats badass big_smile

Lol... best way I could think to describe it

Nov 13 12 09:15 am Link

Makeup Artist

T

Washington, District of Columbia, US

-B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- wrote:

yikes yikes YOU WIN!! YOU WIN!!! YOU WIN!! yikes yikes

I want my mommy!!!

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/798215/ashley-nooo-o.gif

Nov 13 12 09:20 am Link

Model

amy beth cook

Nuneaton, England, United Kingdom

Tegan Lynn wrote:
During a nude shoot:
Photographer says "There's something by your leg... uh, down there"
I look down and see this 3 inch long 'vagina booger' hanging out of my crotch. I just wiped it off and kept going. What can I say? My vag goo gets freakishly thick right before my period.

I actually love you for writing this. You totally win!

I once had a photographer creep up to me with baby steps and silently place a tiny little kiss on the back of my neck as I was sitting down adjusting my shoelace.

Awkward.

Nov 13 12 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Music N Pics

San Diego, California, US

You guys have some wild stories...

My cousin had invited me to help him with a lingerie shoot. The job was to photograph 2 females who we thought were aspiring models, but ended up being llama herders and we were doing pics for there website. Anyways, the first female pops up and my eyes went straight to her legs... She was about as furry as me'( I'm a guy). Totally not cool... I just got goosebumps thinking about it

Nov 13 12 10:52 am Link

Photographer

JMHSPhoto

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

In the UK for a 3 day shoot with a medium size budget involved. The clothes were the stars of this project. In the entire set there were 7 very high priced looks being shot.

Apparently... Some women get irritable rear ends during 'that time of the month'.

So the model, has a 3'fer.... Cough, tampon is expelled, she shit her $1,000.00 white pants all in a 2 second time frame. All captured frame by frame. ANd I have the pics to prove it LOL...

But this pales in comparison to the earlier reply of Vag-Boogers..  I guess a man lives long enough... He'll see quite a bit.

Nov 13 12 11:09 am Link

Model

Tegan Lynn

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

*cringes* yours sounds worse than mine actually.

Now I've gone and done it. I'm forever going to be known as the vagina booger model *shakes head*

Nov 13 12 11:17 am Link

Model

Kayleigh Erin

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Anne_C wrote:

Why thank you.  I imagine the acoustics would be impressive.

+1 lol

Nov 13 12 11:35 am Link

Model

ChaiNoir

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Two Pears Studio wrote:

That is why it is cringe worthy...

+1 big_smile

Nov 13 12 01:02 pm Link

Model

ChaiNoir

JMHSPhoto wrote:
In the UK for a 3 day shoot with a medium size budget involved. The clothes were the stars of this project. In the entire set there were 7 very high priced looks being shot.

Apparently... Some women get irritable rear ends during 'that time of the month'.

So the model, has a 3'fer.... Cough, tampon is expelled, she shit her $1,000.00 white pants all in a 2 second time frame. All captured frame by frame. ANd I have the pics to prove it LOL...

But this pales in comparison to the earlier reply of Vag-Boogers..  I guess a man lives long enough... He'll see quite a bit.

HOLY NANAS!!!

Nov 13 12 01:02 pm Link

Model

Sarah Robinson-Bird

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom

Taking this exact shot (18+)
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30600380

As you can tell by the pose, the sunlight is right in my face. The location is a narrow bridge across a small stream with high banks at either side. I'm trying not to scrunch my face up against the light, my lady area is covered in bug bites from earlier shots, despite the sun it's actually quite nippy, but I'm otherwise happy.

Chris, the photographer, is crouching down I believe at this point.

Suddenly, in my vision, just below the hand shielding my eyes, appear a pair of feet. Follwed by another, followed by another.

A group of 5 ramblers had walked onto our location to cross the bridge. Chris had to run at me with a dressing gown to cover me up. The ramblers then start crossing the bridge while we're still on it, resulting in that awkward cinema seat shuffle to get past each other with each of the 5 ramblers.

They told me "I'd picked a nice day for it"

Nov 13 12 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Tegan Lynn wrote:
During a nude shoot:
I look down and see this 3 inch long 'vagina booger' hanging out of my crotch. I just wiped it off and kept going. What can I say? My vag goo gets freakishly thick right before my period.

OMG that made my day..... Can't stop laughing. Sorry.

Not really cringe worthy but I did have a model in these exact words tell me "I want to go to pee pee" during a shoot, which was fine as there was a toilet only a few seconds walk across the park we were in......

Nov 13 12 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Strong

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Nothing extraordinarily cringe worthy for me, except for one guy who brought his father to the shoot and he sat there glaring at me the whole time.

Nov 16 12 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

Eridu

Boston, Massachusetts, US

ChaiNoir wrote:

Vagina booger ... Now thats badass big_smile

Okay, that's dinner. See ya in fi...barf!

Nov 16 12 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Cultured Pearls Photo

Tegan Lynn wrote:
During a nude shoot:

DING,DING,DING...WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!
I laughed so damn hard, I had snot flying! Lol

Nov 16 12 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Tegan Lynn wrote:
During a nude shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxwriDF4DOs

Nov 16 12 07:50 pm Link

Model

n p

New York, New York, US

Tegan Lynn wrote:
During a nude shoot:

this made me hysterical hahahaha
ovulation time. its natural.

Nov 16 12 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Vag goo?

Oh my....TMI.

Nov 16 12 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Gabby57

Coppell, Texas, US

Shooting a "Holy Union" between two knock out lovely young lades, only to look down and see my shutter speed had been bumped up to 1/125 (could have been 1/250 even, but definitely above sync speed) on my Mamiya 645. 

Later I was relieved that it only happened on verticals and I was able to crop them to head and shoulders with no problem.  But for a few days I thought I was going to have not just one, but two pissed off brides!

Nov 16 12 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

R80

Marceline, Missouri, US

Outside of having a model once pass one of the rankest farts I've ever run into, then giving me the stink-eye like I had done it...  (had a friend whose dog used to do that to him at parties).

I did once cringe at a shoot in which the photo director placed several models on a narrow walkway about 30' up and one model was deathly afraid of heights.  I did not like that scene.

Nov 16 12 09:29 pm Link

Model

RocKitt

Norfolk, Virginia, US

JMHSPhoto wrote:

The visual... please make it stop.

Nov 16 12 09:45 pm Link

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Awesome thread, these are brilliant.

I haven't had any real cringeworthy moments, I don't think.

One that could have been quite dangerous though.

My second ever shoot was awkward and uncomfortable. Photographer had me wear lingerie that I later found out he'd stolen from his wife's drawer. Made sleazy remarks throughout the shot and found any excuse possible to touch me.

But worse than that was when I went to pick up the CD from his house, as he lived one suburb away from where I lived.

I didn't drive so I said I'd catch a bus and then walk to his place as he was near the bus terminal. He told me to come at 10am as his wife would still be home and the computer was in the living room so I could perhaps check out his other work while he burnt the CD.

Being 18 and only having done one shoot before, this seemed like a fine arrangement to me.

My boyfriend at the time called me unexpectantly that morning and we decided he would take me to the photographers and then out to lunch instead. I didn't tell the photographer because I figured it wasn't an issue.

We arrived and the house was pitch black and dead silent. When we knocked, we found out the wife was at work, the computer was in the bedroom and the door had to be closed because 'the dog wasn't allowed in'. As my boyfriend pointed out later, the dog hairs on the bed told a different story.

The photographer was obviously annoyed at the change in plans and made this clear to me. He was distracted and grumpy the entire 10 mins or so we were there.

I learnt quite a few valuable lessons that day. Thank god my plans changed!

Nov 16 12 10:01 pm Link

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tegan Lynn wrote:
During a nude shoot:

This wins best post in my book too smile

Nov 16 12 10:02 pm Link

Model

Lisa Andresen

Abingdon, Illinois, US

SitronStudio wrote:
A model had just shown up and was unpacking wardrobe, I'm organizing the outfits on a large table, when I notice the model also packed a bible. Major cringe factor. I was afraid they were going to ask to hold hands and say a little prayer before we start shooting. Needless to say, I didn't relax and it was a fairly brief shoot.

Really?

That's placing judgment if I have ever seen it.

Nov 16 12 10:30 pm Link

Model

Lisa Andresen

Abingdon, Illinois, US

Mine would have been when the photographer pushed my legs apart and pushed my dress between my legs touching my crotch. I filed a police report but nothing happened. One day he will get caught I wasn't the first and I won't be the last I am sure. I learned a lot as a model that day and have stuck by strict rules ever since.

Nov 16 12 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Woodinville, Washington, US

SitronStudio wrote:
A model had just shown up and was unpacking wardrobe, I'm organizing the outfits on a large table, when I notice the model also packed a bible. Major cringe factor. I was afraid they were going to ask to hold hands and say a little prayer before we start shooting. Needless to say, I didn't relax and it was a fairly brief shoot.

Lisa Andresen wrote:
Really?
That's placing judgment if I have ever seen it.

Gotta agree with Lisa on this.

A Bible? Not a problem. A little prayer circle before the shoot? Still not a problem. As long as there's no one exclaiming "Praise the Lord!" while I'm shooting and the Holy Spirit doesn't start dictating the shoot, no problem.

Nov 16 12 10:46 pm Link

Model

ChaiNoir

R80 wrote:
Outside of having a model once pass one of the rankest farts I've ever run into, then giving me the stink-eye like I had done it...  (had a friend whose dog used to do that to him at parties).

I did once cringe at a shoot in which the photo director placed several models on a narrow walkway about 30' up and one model was deathly afraid of heights.  I did not like that scene.

* BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *

Nov 18 12 05:06 am Link

Model

ChaiNoir

Lisa Andresen wrote:
Mine would have been when the photographer pushed my legs apart and pushed my dress between my legs touching my crotch. I filed a police report but nothing happened. One day he will get caught I wasn't the first and I won't be the last I am sure. I learned a lot as a model that day and have stuck by strict rules ever since.

Thats awful.. I hope no other model has had that happen to them. And I hope you left!!

Nov 18 12 05:07 am Link

Model

angel emily

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Not during, but after.  I was just starting out, and found out the photographer I shot with was on the registered sex offender list.  Guess who checks that list now?

Nov 18 12 05:26 am Link

Model

IDiivil

Had a photographer who kept saying "Oh, there's that unfortunate incident again" in regards to him getting an erection. I was not amused, though I am now looking back on it.

Nov 18 12 05:31 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

I had to spray deodorant on a model's feet after she drove for three or four hours to get to my place... wearing boots and no socks.

But I think vagina boogers wins the thread. yikes

Nov 18 12 05:40 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

IDiivil wrote:
Had a photographer who kept saying "Oh, there's that unfortunate incident again" in regards to him getting an erection. I was not amused, though I am now looking back on it.

That's depressing, who see's their erections as unfortunate? Poor guy. Personally I celebrate them and swing it around!

Nov 18 12 05:41 am Link

Model

IDiivil

ASYLUM - Photo wrote:

That's depressing, who see's their erections as unfortunate? Poor guy. Personally I celebrate them and swing it around!

Helicopter! Windmill!

Nov 19 12 10:15 am Link

Model

Jojo West

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

The worst for me was shooting nudes and realizing that my tampon string was making a guest appearance, and it was obviously time to swap. sad

Vag booger wins I don't even know what I would've done. Thank goodness for vjj wipes smile

On the creepy photographers...luckily hasn't happened and it wouldn't go well for the photographer if it did...the hubby doesn't take kindly to people trying to play with his toys, plus I carry pepper spray smile

Dec 02 12 11:05 am Link

Model

E e v a

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I was doing a shoot on the beach, and the photographer and a few spectators were watching. I'm thinking no big, and I lie down into the water close to the shoreline and pose. Well I smell an odd smell, and it feel sorta squishy near my head.

....Turns out I lied down in goose poop. Oops.

Dec 02 12 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Two Pears Studio wrote:
I worked with a model who was super uninhibited. It was a tub painting so we were in the bathroom that had a claw tub. Besides the fact she would fart loudly as she posed, she would occasionally get up and use the toilet with out warning or asking me to leave.

It was crazy

I just photographed a model in a tub but she did not do that!   smile

Dec 02 12 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Connor Photography wrote:

That is why I always insist to the model, they disrobes in the dressing room which has a big mirror and then come back out with a bathrobe.  I hate to see the tampon string or a piece of TP stick in some part of the body.  big_smile.

There is no need to rush.  smile

I once told a model to hide the string.  smile

Dec 02 12 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

IDiivil wrote:

You inspired it.  smile

Dec 02 12 01:01 pm Link

Model

IDiivil

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

You inspired it.  smile

:S

Dec 02 12 05:11 pm Link

Model

Fergy

Fenton, Michigan, US

Two Pears Studio wrote:
I worked with a model who was super uninhibited. It was a tub painting so we were in the bathroom that had a claw tub. Besides the fact she would fart loudly as she posed, she would occasionally get up and use the toilet with out warning or asking me to leave.

It was crazy

Soo funny!  Are you sure her body wasn't rubbing against the tub making farting noises? lol

I have tripped so many times during shoots, slipped and almost ended ass up.  On a shoot I did outside in the snow I sat on a iced tree log and slipped off.  Thankfully I caught myself before my ass hit the snow!  The thing is I get the giggles and thats all she wrote!  I have to wait a few to gather myself and shake it off!

I was posing on a bicycle bridge quite a few years ago by a street and opened my sweater.  We heard squealing and a truck swerved off the road and back on.  LOL

Dec 03 12 05:27 am Link

Model

Kelli

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ChaiNoir wrote:

Thats awful.. I hope no other model has had that happen to them. And I hope you left!!

A photographer who I had worked with on a regular basis for over a decade did that to me, but it was a bit more graphic then that, without getting into details.

The sad part is, after the very first shoot I did with him another photographer from the same location told me he was going to be arrested for sexual assault. I sided with the photographer I had just shot with cuz he had been a perfect gentleman with me and cuz I know a lot of incidences of crying rape, so I did not believe he had done anything wrong. Not til 2 yrs ago when it happened to me did I realize. It still sort of shocks me cuz he had ample opportunity for over 10 yrs and he never did anything remotely inappropriate like that.

Dec 03 12 05:50 am Link