Forums > Newbie Forum > Hi, quick question from a noobie, thx.

Model

Mae Sekhmet

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone!!! I was just wondering...in the casting calls listings, under "compensation", what does "TF" stand for pls?  Thx!  smile

Nov 12 12 08:06 am Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mae Sekhmet wrote:
Hi everyone!!! I was just wondering...in the casting calls listings, under "compensation", what does "TF" stand for pls?  Thx!  smile

Trade For ....
P = pictures (could mean physical prints, could mean digital copies - clarify with the photographer which)
I = images same as above
CD = CD of the images produced

Everyone has their own way of doing this, just clarify with the photographer what his/her meaning is. Usually, you will receive a couple to a few shots per look from the shoot, again this varied with each individual. Most will provide both a printable version and a web resolution version of the images.

Nov 12 12 08:12 am Link

guide forum

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Trade For.  The "for" might be almost anything, pictures, a CD full of pictures, wardrobe, or even just the experience of shooting a particular concept.  It doesn't mean free.  It means that the parties are trading their valuable services in return for something that is useful to all parties.

Nov 12 12 08:12 am Link

Photographer

Joel Photodemic

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Mae Sekhmet wrote:

TFP= Time For Print (You get printed or mailed images for your time)
TFCD= Time For CD (You get images on a disc for your time)

Nov 12 12 08:14 am Link

Model

Mae Sekhmet

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thanks everyone!  This is all very helpful!  I'm new to this board and come from an acting background, so it's like if you shoot a film and they give you a copy of the film and food/transportation, etc...  Thanks so much!  smile  Of course, wardrobe is always awesome - I love clothes and shoes too.

Nov 12 12 01:01 pm Link