Forums > Critique > Better Model or Singer?

Model

Sandy445

Posts: 15

Andalusia, Alabama, US

Im wondering if I'm a better model or singer and I'd like your input!
Check out my port and my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/mscheerchee … sults_main

Thanks!

Nov 14 12 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Azimuth Arts

Posts: 1490

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Becca Kling wrote:
Im wondering if I'm a better model or singer and I'd like your input!
Check out my port and my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/mscheerchee … sults_main

Thanks!

I'm not sure I am really qualified to judge singing talent.  But I will say that the recordings you have don't really stand out as great performances, and based on them I would not be inclined to buy your music. 

As for your modelling, I don't see you fitting in for fashion based on your stats (height mostly).  But you could have some potential for lifestyle modelling.  To be honest I doubt you could make a living at modelling based on the genres you have listed on your profile.  Perhaps if you considered branching out into lingerie and swim you might be able to book more work.  And the willingness to do nude may add more opportunities - but working as a freelance model will require a lot of effort to result in any significant income.  And you will need to do a lot of work to build a solid portfolio in order to make good money.

Your personality shows in your photos, but not so much the singing performances.  But given that you are interested in performing and modelling you might want to think about acting as a possible direction.  Take some acting classes if you can, this will help with your modelling and singing.  And it might help get commercials or other acting roles.

All the best

Nov 14 12 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Trialsinner

Posts: 151

Somerville, Massachusetts, US

I'm both a photographer and a record producer.  Right now you're still at the earliest stages of modeling and singing. Can't really say which is better. Which do you enjoy more?

For singing, join a band, write some songs, find your style, and pay a recording engineer/producer to help you make a solid demo. To make it in the music industry you need to perform constantly.  Play lots and lots of shows, build a fan base, have solid professional recordings, and maybe someone will notice you.  Don't wait around for a record label though, find ways to make money doing it on your own. There are almost no shortcuts in music unless you're independently wealthy or exceedingly talented.

For modeling, you need to keep building your portfolio. It's basically the same story as music, just different people.

Nov 14 12 01:47 pm Link

Model

Sandy445

Posts: 15

Andalusia, Alabama, US

Azimuth Arts wrote:

I'm not sure I am really qualified to judge singing talent.  But I will say that the recordings you have don't really stand out as great performances, and based on them I would not be inclined to buy your music. 

As for your modelling, I don't see you fitting in for fashion based on your stats (height mostly).  But you could have some potential for lifestyle modelling.  To be honest I doubt you could make a living at modelling based on the genres you have listed on your profile.  Perhaps if you considered branching out into lingerie and swim you might be able to book more work.  And the willingness to do nude may add more opportunities - but working as a freelance model will require a lot of effort to result in any significant income.  And you will need to do a lot of work to build a solid portfolio in order to make good money.

Your personality shows in your photos, but not so much the singing performances.  But given that you are interested in performing and modelling you might want to think about acting as a possible direction.  Take some acting classes if you can, this will help with your modelling and singing.  And it might help get commercials or other acting roles.

All the best

Thanks for your honesty and great advice!

Nov 14 12 01:53 pm Link

Model

Sandy445

Posts: 15

Andalusia, Alabama, US

Trialsinner wrote:
I'm both a photographer and a record producer.  Right now you're still at the earliest stages of modeling and singing. Can't really say which is better. Which do you enjoy more?

For singing, join a band, write some songs, find your style, and pay a recording engineer/producer to help you make a solid demo. To make it in the music industry you need to perform constantly.  Play lots and lots of shows, build a fan base, have solid professional recordings, and maybe someone will notice you.  Don't wait around for a record label though, find ways to make money doing it on your own. There are almost no shortcuts in music unless you're independently wealthy or exceedingly talented.

For modeling, you need to keep building your portfolio. It's basically the same story as music, just different people.

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!!

Nov 14 12 01:54 pm Link