Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Why Hate People Yoko Ono?

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
I live Harrison's work. I have every song he ever did. Even the live ones. Again Harrison was the best    Beetle.

[...]

teeheehee gotta love autocorrect

Nov 15 12 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

hbutz New York

Ronkonkoma, New York, US

"Well you ain't Fiona Apple, and if you ain't Fiona Apple I don't give a rat's ass!" - Officer Barbrady

Nov 15 12 03:30 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

hbutz New York wrote:
"Well you ain't Fiona Apple, and if you ain't Fiona Apple I don't give a rat's ass!" - Officer Barbrady

I'm high and find this amusing

Nov 15 12 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Nov 15 12 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
This is very evident in the last Beatles Album "Abby Road" where most of the songs were written composed and sung by Harrison, with the exception of the two done by MaCarthy, and one by Ringo. Lennon is noticeably absent from the album with the exception of of one song that was the subject of a lawsuit since John plagiarized lines from Chuck Berry's songs.

This is history from an alternate universe.

Nov 15 12 05:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

sweetcheekscouture

Jeffrey M Fletcher wrote:

This is history from an alternate universe.

Say what?

Harrison wrote Here comes the sun and While my Guitar Gently weeps. Everything else on Abbey Road was either McCartney and Klein or Lennon.

Nov 15 12 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Lefacecouture1223 wrote:

Say what?

Harrison wrote Here comes the sun and While my Guitar Gently weeps. Everything else on Abbey Road was either McCartney and Klein or Lennon.

alternate universe

Nov 15 12 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Alright... it was a interview/luncheon of Yoko Ono, who was honored by the Brooklyn Museum of Art's "Women in Art" award.

I found her story most fascinating as an artist, painter, multi media, avantgarde and music career.

Her attitude was just amazing, and I have a lot of respect for her now... was always partial and didn't care much... until today.

As an artist, her ideas as an avantgarde artist and philosophy is, for a lack of better words inspiring.

Anyway... was a great experience!

Here are some photos that I shot for Fashion Avenue News Magazine:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/305636_10151120541355458_1777434507_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66083_10151120541575458_1872751204_n.jpg

Nov 15 12 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

alternate universe

I was not disagreeing with you ( I was disagreeing with Ronin)

The quote just came out wonky.

Nov 15 12 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

That first shot is a fantastic one ;D

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Come Together: Lennon
Here comes the Sun: Harrison
Something: Harrison:
Silver Hammer: McCartney
Oh Darling: McCartney
Octopus Garden: Ringo   

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

SPierce Photography wrote:
That first shot is a fantastic one ;D

I like that one too... smile

Nov 15 12 06:15 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Rob Mac Studio wrote:

Wooah hold it right there, everyone knows Ringo was the coolest Beatle.

Ringo only got the job because Pete Best couldn't keep time worth a squat.

Nov 15 12 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
Come Together: Lennon
Here comes the Sun: Harrison
Something: Harrison:
Silver Hammer: McCartney
Oh Darling: McCartney
Octopus Garden: Ringo   

Nov 15 12 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

udor wrote:
Alright... it was a interview/luncheon of Yoko Ono, who was honored by the Brooklyn Museum of Art's "Women in Art" award.

I found her story most fascinating as an artist, painter, multi media, avantgarde and music career.

Her attitude was just amazing, and I have a lot of respect for her now... was always partial and didn't care much... until today.

As an artist, her ideas as an avantgarde artist and philosophy is, for a lack of better words inspiring.

Anyway... was a great experience!

Here are some photos that I shot for Fashion Avenue News Magazine:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/305636_10151120541355458_1777434507_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66083_10151120541575458_1872751204_n.jpg

Nice shots

Nov 15 12 06:32 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Right on Udor
wink

Keep doing your thing & being in the scene

Nov 15 12 06:35 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

chicchowmein wrote:
Read this article and get back to me

Any song written by Lennon or McCartney credits both of them per their agreement.

I am not disagreeing with the bit about Harrison writing Something, While my Guitar Gently weeps or here comes the sun but Abbey Road was definitely not the George Harrison show. Don't get me wrong I like Harrison I just don't agree that Abbey Road was mostly his album.

First off While my Guitar Gently Weeps was NOT on the Abbey Road album. It was on The White Album.

Also something a lot of people forget about Abbey Road Album is that Harrison also got to try out his custom made synthesizer in several of the songs. 67, 68,69 Harrison pretty much held the band together while John and Paul tried to tear it apart.

So while it may not have been the Harrison show, it is common knowledge he contributed more than the other three combined. And the reason why the last two songs were mashups of old stuff is because the in fighting between Paul and John got so bad they had to cut the album short and fill in the remaining time with two remix.

Personally I think because was one of Lennon's best songs.

But on the Abbey Road album Harrison had more songs than either Lennon or McCartney.

Still a great Album, better than anything on the charts today.

Nov 15 12 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Right on Udor
wink

Keep doing your thing & being in the scene

Thank you taken maiden! wink

Nov 15 12 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

She'd be an interesting person to meet and those are good photos of her. Congratulations Udor.

Nov 15 12 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
First off While my Guitar Gently Weeps was NOT on the Abbey Road album. It was on The White Album.

Also something a lot of people forget about Abbey Road Album is that Harrison also got to try out his custom made synthesizer in several of the songs. 67, 68,69 Harrison pretty much held the band together while John and Paul tried to tear it apart.

So while it may not have been the Harrison show, it is common knowledge he contributed more than the other three combined. And the reason why the last two songs were mashups of old stuff is because the in fighting between Paul and John got so bad they had to cut the album short and fill in the remaining time with two remix.

Personally I think because was one of Lennon's best songs.

But on the Abbey Road album Harrison had more songs than either Lennon or McCartney.

Still a great Album, better than anything on the charts today.

I know that Abbey Road was cobbled together but Harrison did not write lyrics for any of the other songs on Abbey Road.

He was a guitarist and a good one but lyrically he could not touch Lennon or McCartney.

Honestly the 3 songs I listed are really the only really notable Harrison songs while with the Beatles.

I can't really think of any others

The only reason I brought up those songs at all was because of your quote listing songs and who they were by.

Nov 15 12 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

She'd be an interesting person to meet and those are good photos of her. Congratulations Udor.

Thank you!

She is also an environmental activist, "Artists against Fracking" ("Don't Frack me!")

Showed some stuff that happened to an area in Pennsylvania were they started that process and completely destroyed the environment and water supplies.

They even held a lighter to the regular faucet in the kitchen and that "water" burned...

Some serious shit!

Nov 15 12 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

udor wrote:

I like that one too... smile

Gotta love the sincere expressions in the "right" moment!

Nov 15 12 07:04 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

udor wrote:
Thank you taken maiden! wink

Dig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZDw0uu6UO0

Nov 15 12 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Dig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZDw0uu6UO0

Makes me wanna watch the movie "Across the Universe"... smile

Nov 15 12 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

I don't hate Geddy Lee either but sheesh.

Edited to add, yah I'm probably going to regret that.

Nov 15 12 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I met her once with John.  I thought she was an interesting person, strange but interesting.

Nov 15 12 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

ei Total Productions wrote:
I met her once with John.  I thought she was an interesting person, strange but interesting.

Seriously cool.

Nov 16 12 12:06 am Link

Photographer

Jamtron Studio

Venice, Florida, US

I love Yoko! I was a bigger fan of hers than of the Beatles. Paul just admitted in an interview that she didn't break up the Beatles (why he waited so long is beyond me).
One regret I have is not making the trip to see her play at some club in NY when I was in college, almost went, but college funds being what they were.....
Don't forget, she was a seminal influence on the punk movement.

Nov 16 12 06:34 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

chicchowmein wrote:

Nice shots

Thanks! smile

Nov 16 12 11:06 am Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

SitronStudio wrote:
Paul just admitted in an interview that she didn't break up the Beatles (why he waited so long is beyond me).

Because all this time Paul had been trying to blame the break up on anything other than the tension and jealousy between him and Lennon.

If you watch or read some of the interviews from 1967-1972 Paul's resentment and envy of John's fame was very apparent. Though its not all him between John's self destructive behavior and pretentious attitude (seriously claiming you are bigger than a religious figure is just stupid) that would put a lot of strain on the group.

McCartney just didn't want people blaming him for destroying one of the best bands of the 60s.

Nov 16 12 11:15 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
Because all this time Paul had been trying to blame the break up on anything other than the tension and jealousy between him and Lennon.

That didn't last long, though... big_smile

The Q&A-style insert in early copies of Paul's debut album.
"Too many people preaching practices" ("Too Many People", the lead-off track from Paul's second solo album, Ram).
A picture of a beetle (the actual insect) fucking another beetle (inside gatefold of Ram)
"I hope you never know, Dear Boy, how much you missed..." ("Dear Boy", also on Ram)

"I don't believe in Beatles... I just believe in me... Yoko and me", on "God" (John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band album)
John mocking the cover of Ram by posing with a pig instead of a ram.
All of "How Do You Sleep?" on Imagine (an outright evisceration of Paul)
And John's legendary 1971 Rolling Stone interview.

My favorite comment on the break-up and its aftermath is George's "Sue Me, Sue You Blues"

Nov 16 12 12:51 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

kickfight wrote:

That didn't last long, though... big_smile

The Q&A-style insert in early copies of Paul's debut album.
"Too many people preaching practices" ("Too Many People", the lead-off track from Paul's second solo album, Ram).
A picture of a beetle (the actual insect) fucking another beetle (inside gatefold of Ram)
"I hope you never know, Dear Boy, how much you missed..." ("Dear Boy", also on Ram)

"I don't believe in Beatles... I just believe in me... Yoko and me", on "God" (John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band album)
John mocking the cover of Ram by posing with a pig instead of a ram.
All of "How Do You Sleep?" on Imagine (an outright evisceration of Paul)
And John's legendary 1971 Rolling Stone interview.

My favorite comment on the break-up and its aftermath is George's "Sue Me, Sue You Blues"

By the time Ram came out Paul realized he wasn't as good as he thought he was and knew he would never be better than John. That lasted until Lennon's death.
There were speculations and rumors flying around about a Beatles Reunion but neither Ringo or Paul ever really made any real attempts to join in on anything until George's death in 2001.

Of course John's attitude was more and more off putting as his fame as a solo artist grew. He turned into a quite a jerk for a while.

Nov 16 12 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

Le_Demimonde

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I'm sorry, I consider any depiction of Yoko-no matter how talented the creator of that image-to be a diet aid. There are very few human beings who's physical presence I would clearly state as being repugnant but she would be at the top of any list.

Nov 16 12 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
By the time Ram came out Paul realized he wasn't as good as he thought he was and knew he would never be better than John. That lasted until Lennon's death.
There were speculations and rumors flying around about a Beatles Reunion but neither Ringo or Paul ever really made any real attempts to join in on anything until George's death in 2001.

Of course John's attitude was more and more off putting as his fame as a solo artist grew. He turned into a quite a jerk for a while.

My take is that Paul, who always looked up to John for approval and validation, was devastated when John re-directed his full emotional engagement from Brian Epstein to Yoko after Brian died, bypassing Paul entirely. I don't think Paul really recovered from that. He threw all his energy into the band (freezing out Jane Asher in the process) to keep John close, but Lennon was emotionally gone at that stage, never to return. Again, "... I just believe in me... Yoko and me... and that's reality." Ouch! sad

Nov 16 12 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

john_ellis

Spokane, Washington, US

I don't hate Yoko.  I just hate the voice inside her head that convinces her she can sing.

Nov 16 12 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

udor wrote:

Makes me wanna watch the movie "Across the Universe"... smile

It is a fun little time waster!

I recommend it.

Nov 16 12 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Le_Demimonde wrote:
I'm sorry, I consider any depiction of Yoko-no matter how talented the creator of that image-to be a diet aid. There are very few human beings who's physical presence I would clearly state as being repugnant but she would be at the top of any list.

Well... this photo was shot yesterday, and she is 12 weeks away from her 80th birthday...

Despite her looks... she does have a very beautiful and creative mind.

Nov 16 12 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Accidental Plateau

Brooklyn, New York, US

Nov 16 12 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

udor wrote:

Well... this photo was shot yesterday, and she is 12 weeks away from her 80th birthday...

Despite her looks... she does have a very beautiful and creative mind.

I think she looks pretty damn good for 80 and I admire people who stand up for what they believe in -- opinions be damned.

She definitely has a great mind and apparently a great head for business.

Nov 16 12 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

hassanchop wrote:

I think she looks pretty damn good for 80 and I admire people who stand up for what they believe in -- opinions be damned.

She definitely has a great mind and apparently a great head for business.

Yup!

It was also interesting that for many of her art collaborations that she created for all kinds of events in Japan and later in NYC, she often wasn't even credited, because she didn't count as a woman... and she started to be okay with that... and that let her to become very open in creating more art with other people... very humble...

I wish that the talk at the Brooklyn Museum of Art will be viral sometimes...

Would like to listen to it again.

Nov 17 12 10:47 am Link