Forums > Events > Dec 22 'Christmas Studio Partyshoot' / SoCal

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Bob-W wrote:
Hey Gary! I never received a confirmation PM but I know where you live. Just making sure you included me in your count.

Hey Bob... you got mail with the news... got you included in the count.  This shoot has actually been sold out for over a week... but I don't play that silly little 'this shoot is sold out' advertizing game like a few others do... cause we all know that 'no groupshoot is ever sold out'.  I had 311 photographers at one of my previous groupshoots... and guess what... it wasn't sold out... wink

Dec 13 12 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Hey Bob... you got mail with the news... got you included in the count.  This shoot has actually been sold out for over a week... but I don't play that silly little 'this shoot is sold out' advertizing game like a few others do... cause we all know that 'no groupshoot is ever sold out'.  I had 311 photographers at one of my previous groupshoots... and guess what... it wasn't sold out... wink

Gary. Is it OK if I set up a tent and sleeping bag on your front lawn the day before the shoot, in order to get my place in line?

Dec 13 12 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Sensual Magic  wrote:

Gary. Is it OK if I set up a tent and sleeping bag on your front lawn the day before the shoot, in order to get my place in line?

Oh sure... and like 'Motel 6'... we'll leave the light on for ya... lol

Dec 13 12 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Oh sure... and like 'Motel 6'... we'll leave the light on for ya... lol

That would be very helpful, cuz there's no street lights in your neigborhood!

Dec 13 12 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Sensual Magic  wrote:

That would be very helpful, cuz there's no street lights in your neigborhood!

I know... I stole them... using them for studio hotlights... yikes... kinda hard to white balance thou... hmm... lol... JUST KIDDING!   

Dude... my neck of the woods is commonly referred to as 'the sticks'... 'the boonies'... wink   We make 'bumfuck Egypt' look like New York City... lol

Dec 13 12 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

Arthur of GSE

Posts: 305

Los Angeles, California, US

TH

                                             Shake it Gary        LOL   smile

Dec 13 12 07:29 pm Link

Model

Ashely Anne

Posts: 1761

Banning, California, US

Can't  wait...  super excited!  Gotta go through all my wardrobe for this.... wardrobe suggestions accepted. : )

Dec 13 12 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

0341 Photography

Posts: 1685

Glendora, California, US

Looking forward to this!!!
Looking forward to the beautiful models!!!

Dec 13 12 10:09 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:

I know... I stole them... using them for studio hotlights... yikes... kinda hard to white balance thou... hmm... lol... JUST KIDDING!   

Dude... my neck of the woods is commonly referred to as 'the sticks'... 'the boonies'... wink   We make 'bumfuck Egypt' look like New York City... lol

Do you have a contingency plan if the San Antonio Dam breaks? (Oh wait a minute, there IS no water in SoCal.)

Dec 14 12 12:47 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Arthur of GSE wrote:
TH

                                             Shake it Gary        LOL   smile

Dude... you bust me up... put on some black shades and that dancin guy is 100% YOU Mister... lol

Dec 14 12 01:39 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Sensual Magic  wrote:

Do you have a contingency plan if the San Antonio Dam breaks? (Oh wait a minute, there IS no water in SoCal.)

What?... come onnnnnnn... I've lived in Upland for over 40 years.  That dam has never been more than halfway full... and you're right... we just dont see alot of rain there... wink

Dec 14 12 02:24 am Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
What?... come onnnnnnn... I've lived in Upland for over 40 years.  That dam has never been more than halfway full... and you're right... we just dont see alot of rain there... wink

One thing nice about your neighborhood: there's a lot of butterflies flying around in the summer due to your proximity to the mountains and the lush flower gardens of your neighbors. I always bring my butterfly net whenever I attend your shoots, hoping to catch one.

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v43/p496219888-3.jpg

But it's wintertime, so the only butterfly I can hope to capture is this variety...

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v41/p651121011-3.jpg
Stephanie in the SM white cove.

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v55/p154975838-4.jpg
...and as the entomologist's assistant.

Dec 14 12 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Cool pics... seeya on the 22nd... wink

Dec 14 12 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

ARTOGRAPHI

Posts: 774

Burbank, California, US

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7015/6552846069_3b0f5925c7_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7022/6552845997_69289e77b0_b.jpg

Fun Times last year!!!  Is that a Candy Cane or are ya just happy to see me?  lol

Dec 14 12 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

New model added... Taylor!  (shot in the SM Studios white cove)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/Taylor4-1.jpg

Dec 14 12 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

M A R C P H O T O

Posts: 262

Mission Hills, California, US

Ashely Anne  wrote:
Can't  wait...  super excited!  Gotta go through all my wardrobe for this.... wardrobe suggestions accepted. : )

Less is more...

wink

Dec 14 12 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
New model added... Taylor!  (shot in the SM Studios white cove)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/Taylor4-1.jpg

Wow! Super nice. Larger than life! Teeth and lips are especially well-rendered. That's the advantage 24MP - larger images that do not degrade.

Dec 15 12 07:41 am Link

Photographer

ARTOGRAPHI

Posts: 774

Burbank, California, US

Ashely Anne  wrote:
Can't  wait...  super excited!  Gotta go through all my wardrobe for this.... wardrobe suggestions accepted. : )

TINSEL!!!

Dec 15 12 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Sensual Magic  wrote:

Wow! Super nice. Larger than life! Teeth and lips are especially well-rendered. That's the advantage 24MP - larger images that do not degrade.

Thanks Clarkmeister... and yeah... the D600 freakin ROCKS!... comes HIGHLY recommended here... seeya Dec 22nd... borat

Dec 15 12 10:17 am Link

Model

Chantelle Gascoigne

Posts: 3638

Stockton, California, US

Im supperrr excited!!!!!!! This is going to be sooooo much fun as always!!! smile smile

Dec 15 12 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Chantelle Gascoigne wrote:
Im supperrr excited!!!!!!! This is going to be sooooo much fun as always!!! smile smile

Got you added to the Dec 22nd event girlfren... saving you one of those Ulta Traveling Superkits too... seeya next weekend... borat

Dec 15 12 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

M A R C P H O T O

Posts: 262

Mission Hills, California, US

Chantelle Gascoigne wrote:
Im supperrr excited!!!!!!! This is going to be sooooo much fun as always!!! smile smile

Let's discuss ideas...  wink

Dec 15 12 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

ARTOGRAPHI wrote:

TINSEL!!!

lol... good answer... borat

Dec 15 12 08:37 pm Link

Model

Joylyn

Posts: 1770

Denver, Colorado, US

ARTOGRAPHI wrote:

TINSEL!!!

Snow!! smile

Dec 16 12 02:09 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Joylyn wrote:

Snow!! smile

Got alot of it in the mountains... 10 minutes from the SM Studios... but BURRRRRRRR!... makes for some cold wardrobe... yikes... lol

Dec 16 12 02:38 am Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

Select Models wrote:
Got alot of it in the mountains... 10 minutes from the SM Studios... but BURRRRRRRR!... makes for some cold wardrobe... yikes... lol

Nothing we can't handle...

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v36/p645857999-4.jpg

Dec 16 12 11:02 am Link

Photographer

boundnstyle

Posts: 60

Riverside, California, US

Select Models wrote:

Got alot of it in the mountains... 10 minutes from the SM Studios... but BURRRRRRRR!... makes for some cold wardrobe... yikes... lol

If someone needs a jacket for warmth,,,,,due to a request of a model for a "crazy girl" shoot, I am bringing  a Strait-jacket, so feel welcome to use it after our photoshoot !

Dec 16 12 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

boundnstyle wrote:
If someone needs a jacket for warmth,,,,,due to a request of a model for a "crazy girl" shoot, I am bringing  a Strait-jacket, so feel welcome to use it after our photoshoot !

Good! I think Gary is gonna need to be put in a straightjacket after this shoot is over. Or maybe it's best we put him the straightjacket before the shoot starts, then throw him in the back room and take over the studio! We'll save some pizza slices for you Gary. http://images.proboards.com/new/wink.png

Dec 16 12 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

James Sioux

Posts: 1361

Los Angeles, California, US

Sensual Magic  wrote:

Good! I think Gary is gonna need to be put in a straightjacket after this shoot is over. Or maybe it's best we put him the straightjacket before the shoot starts, then throw him in the back room and take over the studio! We'll save some pizza slices for you Gary. http://images.proboards.com/new/wink.png

I think Gary once took classes from Houdini.  That straightjacket might not have much of an effect on him, LOL.

Dec 16 12 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

boundnstyle

Posts: 60

Riverside, California, US

James Sioux wrote:

I think Gary once took classes from Houdini.  That straightjacket might not have much of an effect on him, LOL.

No! The story was, He took a cooking class from Chef Boy r Dini

Dec 16 12 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

boundnstyle wrote:

No! The story was, He took a cooking class from Chef Boy r Dini

Fur sure... need cooking classes no doubt.  I can't even boil water without fuckin it up... lol  That's why we're all eating Dominos pizza with breadsticks... borat

Dec 16 12 08:28 pm Link

Model

Chantelle Gascoigne

Posts: 3638

Stockton, California, US

M A R C P H O T O wrote:

Let's discuss ideas...  wink

Yes definitely!! smile smile i cant wait!

Dec 16 12 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Haleem Oyeyemi

Posts: 16

Los Angeles, California, US

Hi there, very interested in this shoot, i'm a photographer..How do i contact you?

Dec 16 12 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

Haleem Oyeyemi wrote:
Hi there, very interested in this shoot, i'm a photographer..How do i contact you?

Hey Haleem... you got mail with details and directions... seeya Dec 22nd... wink

Dec 17 12 09:13 am Link

Photographer

Sensual Magic

Posts: 1669

Upland, California, US

Porch decorations at Gary's place...

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v37/p932638582-5.jpg

Dec 17 12 12:26 pm Link

Model

Joylyn

Posts: 1770

Denver, Colorado, US

boundnstyle wrote:

If someone needs a jacket for warmth,,,,,due to a request of a model for a "crazy girl" shoot, I am bringing  a Strait-jacket, so feel welcome to use it after our photoshoot !

Yay!! Fun!!  Sadly though, I may need a ride, my beautiful car is not running again sad  If you know where I can get a running car for around $200 let me know lol

Dec 17 12 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

0341 Photography

Posts: 1685

Glendora, California, US

Looking forward to Saturday!!!

Dec 18 12 12:42 am Link

Photographer

Select Models

Posts: 36239

Upland, California, US

113 Photography wrote:
Looking forward to Saturday!!!

Same here... got 2 photographer spots left... wink

Dec 18 12 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

ARTOGRAPHI

Posts: 774

Burbank, California, US

So is it OK if we bring Christmas outfits for the models to wear?
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8343/8285806429_5b7839c486_b.jpg
LOL

Dec 18 12 09:20 pm Link

Model

Ashely Anne

Posts: 1761

Banning, California, US

ARTOGRAPHI wrote:
So is it OK if we bring Christmas outfits for the models to wear?
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8343/8285806429_5b7839c486_b.jpg
LOL

cute outfit

Dec 18 12 09:39 pm Link