Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Great Concealer

Model

Daisy Ducati

Los Angeles, California, US

Hello!
I seem to have the hardest time finding a concealer that works with my skin tone and stays where I put it. I have a little bit of darkness under my eyes that drives me crazy. I have tried one from clinique that matches color-wise, as well as one from kryolan; clinique was too light and kryolan was too heavy. Both had this strange creasing under my eye, despite using a primer. I have had strange reactions to a few of mac's products, so I would like to avoid them.

Is there a concealer that doesn't crease and comes in more than a few shades?

Thanks!

Nov 28 12 11:48 am Link

Makeup Artist

BeautyFX

Noordoostpolder, Flevoland, Netherlands

Use very very little and set with a little powder.

Nov 28 12 12:26 pm Link

Model

SHAYNA ALEXIS

I have tried many. In my opinion, YSL is best. It doesn't smudge and is crease less. Many if my model friends swear by Cle de Peu. Hope this helps!

Nov 28 12 12:50 pm Link

Model

Daisy Ducati

Thanks, I'll check those out. Maybe powder is the step I usually miss...

Nov 28 12 12:54 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

The skin under the eye is so thin.... not a place that likes a lot of layers of product or *heavy* coverage.

Are you using a color-correcting product? Or attempting to just use coverage build up alone alone?

I use Eve Pearl's Salmon color correcting concealer as well as OCC's new concealer line as well.

Nov 28 12 01:44 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Maria Vittoria B

London, England, United Kingdom

You want to use a highly pigmented product, so you only need a small amount to cover imperfections. This way it won't crease, and it will also stay put much longer.

It's a good idea to use a color corrector, but I actually prefer to use Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer, it's extremely creamy and concentrated, and doubles as concealer and foundation, depending on how you use it. I've found I never need to use a corrector with it because it's so pigmented it covers anything. It's pricey but the jar will last you for years.

Nov 28 12 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Star

OCC has one of the best ranges of color I've seen and it even covers tattoos

Nov 28 12 05:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ThirdEyeMakeup

Becca cosmetics has a wide range of colors and their concealer isn't cakey. I also like the YSL touche eclat, but remember that it's a highlighting concealer.

Laura mercier's secret camouflage powder is amazing to set any concealer

Nov 28 12 06:02 pm Link

Makeup Artist

meower

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I really like my Kryolan concealer wheel, it's done some wonders and fairly affordable.

Nov 28 12 06:39 pm Link

Model

Kristie MacLean

Chandler, Arizona, US

This was an problem for me as well. I started using Touche Eclat then setting it with Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage powder, and it looks amazing. I use a cheap elf powder puff and pat the powder on then wipe the excess off. For some reason only the Secret Camouflage powder has worked for me, all the other powders I tried looked cakey. So, even if you choose a different concealer, definitely get the powder.

Nov 28 12 06:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Vanita MUA

Seattle, Washington, US

I like Armani's color corrector in #2 and I top it off with Urban Decay's concealer pencil. I have really dark circles and this combo works for me.

Nov 29 12 10:31 am Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Keromask, Eve Pearl, OCC.

ALL concealers will crease in certain conditions. If you are moisturized under the eye, don't go too heavy on the concealer/corrector, powder afterwards and a sealing spray....this will be the most preventive.

Nov 30 12 11:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Simire MUA

London, England, United Kingdom

I use the kryolan mini palette. Although i can't wait to empty this out so i can try out some of the suggestions above

Dec 01 12 11:44 am Link

Makeup Artist

Vanita MUA

Seattle, Washington, US

Makeup by Dani B wrote:
Keromask, Eve Pearl, OCC.

ALL concealers will crease in certain conditions. If you are moisturized under the eye, don't go too heavy on the concealer/corrector, powder afterwards and a sealing spray....this will be the most preventive.

For Keromask, what colors would be a good choice for a well-rounded makeup kit? I wish I could buy all the colors.

Dec 01 12 09:34 pm Link