Forums > Critique > Why the avi of the post above u couldn't be yours

Model

Luna Diosa

Elizabeth, New Jersey, US

sospix wrote:
That's easily fixed  .  .  .  ask Santa fer a ticket, THEN ya could be my AVI  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Can't be mine I am not that tall and can't afford to go to florida tongue

Dragon Ink Photography wrote:
Love the image, and it could be something I shoot, but I wouldn't have picked this image because she's "missing" an arm.  Small nitpick, but that's why I wouldn't pick it. 

Edit: Can't be me I dont have those abs or a green bikini

Nov 29 12 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Amul La La

London, England, United Kingdom

_ Robyn Elizabeth _ wrote:
Also, while I think it's a great image it's a bit traditionally sexy glamour for my tastes, I generally like images that are a bit more unusual.

I think you'll find it's a lingerie shot, it's not at all Glamour, there so much glamour photography on here, how would you get the two confused, there to different genre's, lingerie and glamour.

My photo if you looked closely is stylized, has substance, is sexy but conveys a nice mood also. no offense to anyone, but it's not just some girl with caution tag covering her chest, or hand bra's, or bent over towards the camera with suggestive facial expressions> sucking on a lolly,banana or their finger = all glamour type photography.

+ the genre I shot in is by no means unusual, but the fact people say they can feel something from it even though you can't see the models face/ expression > is Unusual, as appose to the model looking in the camera lens so you can't help but feel something.

I couldn't have shot this shot.

It's just a girl sitting on a branch (I don't feel anything when I look at it) quite meaning less, there's no mood or feeling.

Nov 29 12 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Dragon Ink Photography wrote:
Love the image, and it could be something I shoot, but I wouldn't have picked this image because she's "missing" an arm.  Small nitpick, but that's why I wouldn't pick it. 

She didn't paint 'er nails on that hand  .  .  .  ain't models weird  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nov 29 12 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

Dragon Ink - Sean William

Hackettstown, New Jersey, US

sospix wrote:

She didn't paint 'er nails on that hand  .  .  .  ain't models weird  .  .  .  wink

SOS

smile

Nov 29 12 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Got skipped

I don't do fitness/bathing suit photography

Nov 29 12 01:57 pm Link

Model

Alixx Rose

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Rachel Reilly wrote:
Got skipped

if I didnt have dreads I could probably be your avi. No offense but I bet a lot of girls could be
But even then, I'm brunette. I could still take that same exact picture though.

She does have quite deep set eyes that I don't have

Nov 29 12 02:02 pm Link

Model

Victoria MHP

Houston, Texas, US

Rachel Reilly wrote:
Got skipped

I don't do fitness/bathing suit photography

I guess that was my fault, sorry I got confused smile

*not next...just wanted to say sorry smile

Nov 29 12 02:07 pm Link

Model

Maruschke

Darfield, Canterbury, New Zealand

Alixx Rose wrote:

if I didnt have dreads I could probably be your avi. No offense but I bet a lot of girls could be
But even then, I'm brunette. I could still take that same exact picture though.

She does have quite deep set eyes that I don't have

couldnt be mine cause I dont have dreads big_smile

Nov 29 12 02:12 pm Link

Model

Maruschke

Darfield, Canterbury, New Zealand

Victoria Herrera wrote:

I guess that was my fault, sorry I got confused smile

*not next...just wanted to say sorry smile

and yours couldnt be mine cause I dont have such a perfect nose wink

Nov 29 12 02:13 pm Link

Model

Victoria MHP

Houston, Texas, US

Maruschke wrote:

and yours couldnt be mine cause I dont have such a perfect nose wink

Because I look more like Pocahontas than Snow White smile

Nov 29 12 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

Victoria Herrera wrote:

Because I look more like Pocahontas than Snow White smile

I would even out the skin more. I also haven't had the pleasure of working with this lovely model.

Nov 29 12 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

PTPhotoUT

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Dan K Photography wrote:

I would even out the skin more. I also haven't had the pleasure of working with this lovely model.

I've never been fortunate enough to work with Kristin Quinn.

Nov 29 12 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Aiken, South Carolina, US

PTPhotoUT wrote:

I've never been fortunate enough to work with Kristin Quinn.

The avatar wouldn't be mine because it doesn't have the depth and range of tones that I value.

I don't see any fundamental reason why I wouldn't have shot this though, other than I've never been to the Bonneville Salt Flats where there was water.  The centering of this doesn't bother me here; I think I would've cropped it like this too.  I like it, it's just not what I try to do.

Nov 29 12 09:37 pm Link

Model

B E A R

Riverside, California, US

Fist Full of Ish wrote:
The avatar wouldn't be mine because it doesn't have the depth and range of tones that I value.

I don't see any fundamental reason why I wouldn't have shot this though, other than I've never been to the Bonneville Salt Flats where there was water.  The centering of this doesn't bother me here; I think I would've cropped it like this too.  I like it, it's just not what I try to do.

Avi above me couldn't be mine because I wouldn't do that kind of concept. Not because she's nude implied, but because the concept just comes off as a little...cheesy(sorry hmm). She also looks a tad awkward facially....

Nov 29 12 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Shirley Zhong

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Fist Full of Ish wrote:

Not the kind of model I'd shoot, and the colors and texture are not my style either.

Nov 29 12 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

OK.  I'll do Bear then!

Nov 29 12 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

dd photography

San Diego, California, US

Woops this is Zong!
Would not have cropped that way, either before or after. Really does not create a flattering or edgy image.

Nov 29 12 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

DCP Glamour

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

I couldn't use the avi above me because it's too good to be my work.

Nov 29 12 09:54 pm Link

Model

B E A R

dd photography wrote:
Woops this is Zong!
Would not have cropped that way, either before or after. Really does not create a flattering or edgy image.

You skipped me silly you :

David Coward:

Avi couldnt be mine because I dont have arm tats....but really, it comes off just a tad boring.

Nov 29 12 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Bear, ...
Lovely, but I wouldn't crop it like this, straight down your arm and cut at your wrist.  A re-crop, and yeah.  I'd finish it differently.

DavidCoward Photography is next, I think.

Nov 29 12 09:58 pm Link

Model

Alice A Dylan

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Fist Full of Ish wrote:
Bear, ...
Lovely, but I wouldn't crop it like this, straight down your arm and cut at your wrist.  A re-crop, and yeah.  I'd finish it differently.

DavidCoward Photography is next, I think.

I don't know who is next anymore, so I'll do yours.
Same reason, she's not in a Lolita dress :p Therefore, couldn't be mine xD

Nov 29 12 10:07 pm Link

Model

Account Is Not Valid

Durango, Colorado, US

Couldn't be mine since the hair color is off and don't wear much lolita. tongue

Nov 29 12 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

Alicia Hansen wrote:
Couldn't be mine since the hair color is off and don't wear much lolita. tongue

I wouldn't even know where to begin to make a self portrait that good. Even assuming I was as pretty as she is.

Nov 29 12 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Dan K Photography wrote:
I wouldn't even know where to begin to make a self portrait that good. Even assuming I was as pretty as she is.

Couldn't be mine because....

I would have chosen a slightly lower viewpoint for two reasons, one to maximise available contrast on darker stockings and two, also to make those loooong legs even longer.

Nov 30 12 12:00 am Link

Model

_ Robyn Elizabeth _

A M U L wrote:

I think you'll find it's a lingerie shot, it's not at all Glamour, there so much glamour photography on here, how would you get the two confused, there to different genre's, lingerie and glamour.

My photo if you looked closely is stylized, has substance, is sexy but conveys a nice mood also. no offense to anyone, but it's not just some girl with caution tag covering her chest, or hand bra's, or bent over towards the camera with suggestive facial expressions> sucking on a lolly,banana or their finger = all glamour type photography.

+ the genre I shot in is by no means unusual, but the fact people say they can feel something from it even though you can't see the models face/ expression > is Unusual, as appose to the model looking in the camera lens so you can't help but feel something.

I couldn't have shot this shot.

It's just a girl sitting on a branch (I don't feel anything when I look at it) quite meaning less, there's no mood or feeling.

Wow, jeeze.  I said I liked it.  It is a very good image and definately high class.  The point of this thread was to say why the avatar above wouldn't be yours. I'm sorry if I got the terminology wrong.  Instead of glamour I probably should have said "obviously sexual" in that the main focus is on her arse, descriptive words aren't my strong point.  No need to get so touchy.

Sorry people, please skip me.

Nov 30 12 06:24 am Link

Photographer

Amul La La

Wow, jeeze.  I said I liked it.  It is a very good image and definately high class.  The point of this thread was to say why the avatar above wouldn't be yours. I'm sorry if I got the terminology wrong.  Instead of glamour I probably should have said "obviously sexual" in that the main focus is on her arse, descriptive words aren't my strong point.  No need to get so touchy.

Sorry people, please skip me.

Sorry how do you know what the main focus is?, was you there when I took the shot?, Oh sorry you're psychic. FYI the model was in movement and I happen to capture that angle.

Obviously sexual?, as that was least of my concern, shall I prioritize:

model
contrast
shadows
attire
composition
iso
aperture
shutter

then as you put it "obviously sexual", because you knew what kind of shot I was wanting to create/ going to create.

In my opinion what you did was say it's a good image but it's a little cheap/ tacky for my liking, so it couldn't have been mind.

Is it because I don't have a picture of a crotch in any of my pictures.

^^^ Well you read minds, so I'm sure I'm free to make a small assumption.

Lets call it quits ay...

I'm not going to talk about your work, I reckon you should probably stop talking about mine.

Nov 30 12 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I'm going to skip Amul as requested and do the one above.
That avatar wouldn't be mine because I usually like to showcase the model's beautiful face and I like to make my avatars cover the frame for impact.

Nov 30 12 07:00 am Link

Model

Carolina Goddess

Augusta, Georgia, US

BlueMoonPics wrote:
I'm going to skip Amul as requested and do the one above.
That avatar wouldn't be mine because I usually like to showcase the model's beautiful face and I like to make my avatars cover the frame for impact.

It couldn't be mine because Her eyes are so amazing!

Nov 30 12 07:03 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Couldn't be mine, cause I don't know where Georgia iz  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nov 30 12 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Paul Tirado Photography

New York, New York, US

sospix wrote:
Couldn't be mine, cause I don't know where Georgia iz  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Not mine because most NYC woman would say "So you want me lay on the ground?...in my all white outfit?....oh really?"

Nov 30 12 09:55 am Link

Model

Luna Diosa

Elizabeth, New Jersey, US

not mine because it is a guy and paul won't shoot with me sad

Nov 30 12 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:
not mine because it is a guy and paul won't shoot with me sad

Not mine because I've never found a model with lips that fabulous!

Nov 30 12 10:30 am Link

Model

Maggie Xia

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Not mine bc I'm not blonde lol

Nov 30 12 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Daeda1us

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Not mine because I have yet to have the opportunity to work with Emmiq.
Not for lack of desire.  Damn, she is beautiful!!!

Nov 30 12 10:58 am Link

Model

B E A R

Not mine because I don't think I'll look that gorgeous at 36....,plus I have no red shorts like that :p

Nov 30 12 11:27 am Link

Photographer

Barely StL

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Bear wrote:
Not mine because I don't think I'll look that gorgeous at 36....,plus I have no red shorts like that :p

The main reason is that you're in California, and I'm in Missouri.

I could have easily shot that pose, and I love the expression. I'm sure I would have had you in front of a different background (studio or location). I would have lit the photo differently. And I would have cropped it differently. But the overall look... I'll take it.

Nov 30 12 11:43 am Link

Model

_ Robyn Elizabeth _

Barely StL wrote:

The main reason is that you're in California, and I'm in Missouri.

I could have easily shot that pose, and I love the expression. I'm sure I would have had you in front of a different background (studio or location). I would have lit the photo differently. And I would have cropped it differently. But the overall look... I'll take it.

Not mine, as I am yet to do this pose and my hair isn't long enough yet, I wish it was mine though

Nov 30 12 11:50 am Link

Model

Maggie Xia

Atlanta, Georgia, US

_ Robyn Elizabeth _ wrote:
Not mine, as I am yet to do this pose and my hair isn't long enough yet, I wish it was mine though

It wouldn't be mine bc I'd like to show more of my face in my avatar

I would like to see more of your beautiful face smile

Nov 30 12 11:58 am Link

Photographer

I Ference Photography

Brooklyn, New York, US

Emmiq wrote:

It wouldn't be mine bc I'd like to show more of my face in my avatar

I would like to see more of your beautiful face smile

It wouldn't be mine because it is not shot in some bizarre location, it's generally glamorous,  and it includes clothing.

Nov 30 12 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

I Ference Photography wrote:

It wouldn't be mine because it is not shot in some bizarre location, it's generally glamorous,  and it includes clothing.

Not mine because of two words: Insane Asylum

Nov 30 12 12:39 pm Link