Forums > Critique > Does your work stand out?

Model

PigeonFoo

Syracuse, New York, US

Lucid-Grafx Photography wrote:
Yeah- I would hang that up in my house if I shot it/was in it!

Oh, and I just remembered my partner and I are going out to Syracuse area to visit a good friend of ours at some point in the not so distant future... just sayin smile

When you know your plans - hit me up. Maybe we can shoot something!

Nov 30 12 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sure I got my big girl panties on so shoot!

** I didn't just say that publicly did I?

Nov 30 12 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

New Bedford, Massachusetts, US

JIOPIX wrote:
I'm definately interested...

I am going to go with meh. Sorry, I think there is something there that is waiting to happen, and that you will bump into wow imagery some day soonish, but at the moment there is nothing that tugs at me and feels full of life and energy. You have some shock value images, but even they make me feel a little ho hum.

There are some images that give me hope, and that would have me looking back some day in the not so distant future.

I will give this image the image of my day in your portfolio: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30395210

Nov 30 12 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

JIOPIX

Brighton, Ontario, Canada

I am going to go with meh. Sorry, I think there is something there that is waiting to happen, and that you will bump into wow imagery some day soonish, but at the moment there is nothing that tugs at me and feels full of life and energy. You have some shock value images, but even they make me feel a little ho hum.

There are some images that give me hope, and that would have me looking back some day in the not so distant future.

I will give this image the image of my day in your portfolio: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30395210

Thank you for taking the time and for the honest opinion.   Love your port, BTW smile

Nov 30 12 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

DAN CRUIKSHANK

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Still going?

Nov 30 12 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

JAE

West Chester, Pennsylvania, US

Let me know.

Nov 30 12 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Small Fruit Pits wrote:
Do it...

I am going to go with the upper end of meh. And I swear it is only as I said earlier it takes really impressive art nude work to get me to really turn my head. Your art nude work is however pretty great- and there are enough that make me want to edge into fantastic, but I just cannot bring myself to it. Quality is good- and I feel your portfolio has good energy and evokes an emotion in me. So it is good!

I will say however that your avatar jumped out at me- in large part because of the model and her eyes- and well, that I would absolutely love to work with her!

Nov 30 12 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Douglas_Elgenor

Jackson, Tennessee, US

Me please even though I know I'm Blah.

Nov 30 12 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Charles Parks wrote:
Please.

OK- once I get past my utter dislike of those damn MM Marlboro Man Password protected folders that completely muck up a portfolio viewing experience for me I can take a deep breath and proceed...

I will go with upper end of meh with your portfolio. If it was not for the work of one model in particular in your portfolio I would go with a full meh. If you can get more images with the feel and energy that you had with this shoot with this model: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30148912 I will enjoy my viewing experience of your portfolio much more (despite all of those password protected folders)

Nov 30 12 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Art Silva Photography wrote:
Sure...

Yeah- so your posrtfolio is one of those rare art nude portfolios that do actually get me excited! (ok, maybe excited is not the best word choice when talking about nude images)

There are many images that stand out as wonderful examples of what an art nude image can be. Solidly in the fantastic world!

This image though is fantastic! 18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/23355158

Nov 30 12 06:59 pm Link

Model

Luna Diosa

Elizabeth, New Jersey, US

Ha ha- no fair! You already know I want to work with you someday so you would not get a blah!

I will go with fantastic as you do have work outside the norm, and what I am generally drawn to. I think my ol favorite of yours is https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28127005

Haha! Thanks borat We will def work together one day once I get back on my feet smile

Nov 30 12 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

LLOYD WRIGHT wrote:
you tell me

Oh, I love suprises! And based off of your avatar I was in for a total suprise when I opened up your portfolio!

OK- two in a row with art nudes that really do catch my eye! But your non nude work is fantastic as well.

While there are many images in your port that jump out for me, this one, for some reason really resonates with me: 18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/25315731

Nov 30 12 07:04 pm Link

Model

Jordan Bunniie

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I did not neet to open your portfolio to know my answer. I have seen your work enough times before to know that all opening your port one more time would do is leave me grumbleing and muttering that I exist in a world outside of which you travel.

OK, I am not really that weird big_smile but really, your work is fantastic and I have more ideas for images I would love to shoot with you than I would know what to do with.

This image just jumps off the page for me: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29989821

I'm flattered, thank you. smile

Nov 30 12 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Autumn Rose Brightly wrote:
Me please smile

At the moment I am going to go with meh. Only due to the lack of diversity on your images. There are a couple fun ones, and it gives me a lot of hopw that your portfolio will progress with the potential you have.

This image makes me want to work with you: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30135066 mostly becasue it really expresses your face.

Nov 30 12 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

LLOYD WRIGHT

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

Oh, I love suprises! And based off of your avatar I was in for a total suprise when I opened up your portfolio!

OK- two in a row with art nudes that really do catch my eye! But your non nude work is fantastic as well.

While there are many images in your port that jump out for me, this one, for some reason really resonates with me: 18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/25315731

thank-you for your time and thoughts...my avatar does surprise people...not usually in a good way but it's a bit of fun!!!

Nov 30 12 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Select Models wrote:
Hmmmm... OK... wink

This is where I disclose my bias that I am not a real fan of glammy glamour images. However, with all of that aside, it is obvious that you know your way around lighting,composition, post work etc. so that is enough to move me into the fantastic label. Not my style and tatse, but I respect your talent. I love that you shoot from up high, down low- head on, and all over the place. Keeps me looking at your portfolio and interested,

This is prob my favorite:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/20575449

Nov 30 12 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Parks

Newport Beach, California, US

OK- once I get past my utter dislike of those damn MM Marlboro Man Password protected folders that completely muck up a portfolio viewing experience for me I can take a deep breath and proceed...

I will go with upper end of meh with your portfolio. If it was not for the work of one model in particular in your portfolio I would go with a full meh. If you can get more images with the feel and energy that you had with this shoot with this model: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30148912 I will enjoy my viewing experience of your portfolio much more (despite all of those password protected folders)

Appreciate the time and critique. Thanks!

Nov 30 12 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Lela Jesse wrote:
Do I?
Thanks!

So this is where I be blunt and say that when I looked at your post and saw your avatar I was worried I was going to have to go with my first blah of the night sad

Luckily when I got into your portfolio it turned my frown upside down smile

So yeah, your avatar- does not excite me...

But my, your face is lovely! While your overall portfolio does not make me super excited, your look gets me feeling like I could give you fantastic! Seriously- I would love to work with someone with your face! ie. you!

I really cannot pick an image though that stands out to me...

Nov 30 12 07:29 pm Link

Model

Lela Jesse

Shasta Lake, California, US

So this is where I be blunt and say that when I looked at your post and saw your avatar I was worried I was going to have to go with my first blah of the night sad

Luckily when I got into your portfolio it turned my frown upside down smile

So yeah, your avatar- does not excite me...

But my, your face is lovely! While your overall portfolio does not make me super excited, your look gets me feeling like I could give you fantastic! Seriously- I would love to work with someone with your face! ie. you!

I really cannot pick an image though that stands out to me...

Thank you! I'm going to change my avi right away! If I'm ever out that way... I'll be in contact!

Nov 30 12 07:31 pm Link

Model

Bree Saunders

Kansas City, Kansas, US

Wow go for it. I want to know smile

Nov 30 12 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

UltimateAppeal wrote:
Sure I got my big girl panties on so shoot!

** I didn't just say that publicly did I?

You did, you did say that!

Hate to say it, but I am going to go with meh. There is nothing that jumps out for me, nothing that makes me feel excited or that I have not seen it before. It seems you have gotten into a comfort zone and are reluctant to push yoursel outside of it- in your lighting, in your camera angles, in the poses you have your models do. I see some movement, and those images stand out- but the entire middle of your portfolio feels really static.

This image leaves me curious: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30250058

Nov 30 12 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Lela Jesse wrote:

Thank you! I'm going to change my avi right away! If I'm ever out that way... I'll be in contact!

good choice! That was almost the image I was going to pick as my fav for you- mostly because your profile view is stunning! Arcata here I come! big_smile

Nov 30 12 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

JIOPIX wrote:

Thank you for taking the time and for the honest opinion.   Love your port, BTW smile

No prob! and thank you! And seriously- I do think there is somehting there waiting to get out. Push yourself!

Nov 30 12 07:39 pm Link

Model

Lela Jesse

Shasta Lake, California, US

good choice! That was almost the image I was going to pick as my fav for you- mostly because your profile view is stunning! Arcata here I come! big_smile

Awesome! I get that that should be my avi all the time! Definitely let me know if you are ever out here!

Nov 30 12 07:41 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Shoot

Nov 30 12 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

DAN CRUIKSHANK wrote:
Still going?

Yup!

It did take a while to get to your portfolio though!

But it was well worth it when I got there! I absolutely love the tones in your work. It sets a feeling that totally draws me in, so yes, fantastic!

Though I do not know if this is your "best" image per se, I totally love this one: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28971489

Nov 30 12 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

JAE Photography PA wrote:
Let me know.

While there are some images in your ort that make me go meh- overall there is some fantastic work! As I have said above, I am not a fan of glammy glamour work, and it takes special art nudes to get me to look twice, but the diversity in your portfolio lept me interested and scrolling through the whole thing.

This one stands out for the tones, and the emotion, and the goodness: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/26244559

Nov 30 12 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticallySexy

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I will play please...

Nov 30 12 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Douglas_Elgenor wrote:
Me please even though I know I'm Blah.

Well, I will be honest and say that I will put you in the upper reaches of blah/low end of meh. It seems you are not happy with your work? Why? What do you want it to be? What image out there excite you? How can you emulate them, yet make them your own?

Don't be affraid to make "mistakes" so long as you learn from them. Get to know about lighting, and how it works an image. VAry your shooting angles, read about composition, if you want it, you will figure it out.

Nov 30 12 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:

Haha! Thanks borat We will def work together one day once I get back on my feet smile

One of these days wink Hope all is well for you

Nov 30 12 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

LLOYD WRIGHT wrote:

thank-you for your time and thoughts...my avatar does surprise people...not usually in a good way but it's a bit of fun!!!

No, I totally dig your avatar! Made me laugh smile jUst was suprising what hid behind it, a fantastic collection of work. Truely...

Nov 30 12 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

DAN CRUIKSHANK

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Yup!

It did take a while to get to your portfolio though!

But it was well worth it when I got there! I absolutely love the tones in your work. It sets a feeling that totally draws me in, so yes, fantastic!

Though I do not know if this is your "best" image per se, I totally love this one: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28971489

Awesome! Thanks so much smile

Nov 30 12 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Bree Saunders wrote:
Wow go for it. I want to know smile

OK, the bad news is that I will have to say upper blah/lower end of meh for your portfolio. The good news is that you are young, and if you really do want to give it a go at having some fun with modeling you have several years to make soemthing happen. I will never tell anyone they have what it takes to be a model, or an anything really- so I will just say find some photographers that would be open to working with someone your age and get some good qaulity work into your portfolio.

Practice your posing and expressions- they are very repetative in your portfolio...

Nov 30 12 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Charles Parks wrote:

Appreciate the time and critique. Thanks!

Welcome!

Nov 30 12 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Yeah- so your posrtfolio is one of those rare art nude portfolios that do actually get me excited! (ok, maybe excited is not the best word choice when talking about nude images)

There are many images that stand out as wonderful examples of what an art nude image can be. Solidly in the fantastic world!

This image though is fantastic! 18+ https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/23355158

Lol, yes Excited and Nude in the same sentence can be a bit awkward wink
Thanks for the great feedback, I really appreciate it. The best part of it to me is the "rare art nude port..." as this is what I strive for and the reason I continue to shoot whether its good or not so good, at least I know I am creating my own art successfully.
Thank you!

Nov 30 12 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

NicoleNudes wrote:
Shoot

I dig your portfolio and a couple images in your portfolio- but I am not feeling anything that excites me at first glance sad

I will have to say the upper reaches of meh. You are lovely, but your portfolio does not thrill me, at least not tonight.

Would I work with you? sure would! And your avatar pushes me in that direction...

Nov 30 12 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

JohnsPhotos wrote:
I will play please...

Sorry, but meh...

I think that trimming of your portfolio would move me into seeing your work a little more positively. There are a lot of very similar images from the same shoot that leaves me feeling a bit bored and edging toward blah.

I think you can do better!

Nov 30 12 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You did, you did say that!

Hate to say it, but I am going to go with meh. There is nothing that jumps out for me, nothing that makes me feel excited or that I have not seen it before. It seems you have gotten into a comfort zone and are reluctant to push yoursel outside of it- in your lighting, in your camera angles, in the poses you have your models do. I see some movement, and those images stand out- but the entire middle of your portfolio feels really static.

This image leaves me curious: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30250058

Thanks. Now I am curious why you chose that image as curious... personally it isn't one of my favorites.

BTW, used to live in Greenfield and Millers Falls.... just looked at the house I lived in when I was in Millers (google streetview) and looks like its about to fall to the ground.

Nov 30 12 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Art Silva Photography wrote:

Lol, yes Excited and Nude in the same sentence can be a bit awkward wink
Thanks for the great feedback, I really appreciate it. The best part of it to me is the "rare art nude port..." as this is what I strive for and the reason I continue to shoot whether its good or not so good, at least I know I am creating my own art successfully.
Thank you!

No, thank you! I really enjoyed looking through your portfolio. And thank you for looking past my horrid typos above!

Nov 30 12 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

H Weidmann Photography

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

K, I'm in :-)

Nov 30 12 08:19 pm Link