Forums > Critique > Does your work stand out?

Model

Devorah

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Count me in smile

Dec 09 12 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

Outlaw  wrote:
I'm interested smile

Your current portfolio feels like a series of snapshots for the most part so I will have to say meh (close to blah) but your look could move things along in the future. Get out and shoot with some photographers who are great at shooting men with your look and style. Your avatar is your best shot- get some more work like that!

Dec 10 12 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Jena Joy wrote:
I'd like to know your opinion smile

Definitely some great work in your portfolio- lots of images I like, a few I am not a major fan of, but that is just me being picky smile

I am generally not a major fan of bodypaint images- however the artist you worked with on some of your bodypaint is fantastic!

So, overall I will go with fantastic- as I like the variety in your portfolio- and like your look a lot.

Dec 10 12 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Ben Hinman wrote:
smile do your worst!

My worst it is!

You are a tricky one! I see inconsistancy in your work, however I like your willingness to explore- in style, camera angle, etc. I am going to go with a reluctant meh- but think you have a lot of potential, and am curious to see how your work will progress in skill and content.

Dec 10 12 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Keith Aleksoff

Anchorage, Alaska, US

Ok, your got me curious...just don't make me cry.

Dec 10 12 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Devorah wrote:
Count me in smile

OK- wow- you used to be in western MA right? I think we connected about doing a shoot a long long time ago but never pulled it off! I recognized you when I opened your portfolio!

But anyways...

On the scale of one to those who I really want to freakin work with you are still ranking up there high as someone I would love to work with- so with that I will say fantastic. I mean, dreads with straight bangs?? Come on, how is that not fantastic?!? Also- like your attitude and expression in your images.

Dec 10 12 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

Keith Aleksoff  wrote:
Ok, your got me curious...just don't make me cry.

Ahh, I hope to not make anyone cry!

There are some images of your I like- notably your headshot/portrait shots stood out for me. I am not quite ready to say fantastic work, but I am liking what you are doing.

THis image stands out for me: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/27586535  love the eyes! Pulled me right in.

Dec 10 12 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

L Raye

Petaluma, California, US

Your thoughts ?

Dec 10 12 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

AYC Photo

Seattle, Washington, US

Let me know. smile

Dec 10 12 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

L Raye wrote:
Your thoughts ?

It takes a lot for me to really see artistic nude work that stands out for me- however this image made me laugh: 18+ http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/27633408

And I like that some of your work is more in the diresction of emotive nude/portrait nudes- which makes it more interesting for me. I am going to go with the upper end of meh- only because there is no image that is making me say wow- but I like the overall feel and look of your portfolio.

Dec 10 12 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid-Grafx Photography

AYC Photo wrote:
Let me know. smile

I like the clean feel to your lighting and post work. There are some great images in your portfolio- your profile stands out for me as your best picture. I think your portfolio would benefit from a little trim to get rid of repeats from same series- and images with very similar poses etc.

Overall I like what you are doing- and you have a few fantastic images- but they feel weighted down by a couple not so fantastic images- so I am going to the upper end of meh for right now.

Dec 10 12 06:59 pm Link

Model

Kayla Kalani

Pembroke Pines, Florida, US

Let me know:)

Dec 10 12 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Barely StL

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Please.

Dec 10 12 10:05 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Tim Kelly Styling

Chicago, Illinois, US

Curious

Dec 10 12 10:07 pm Link

Model

Tony Peraza

Miami, Florida, US

Would love to hear your opinion

Dec 11 12 12:39 am Link

Photographer

L Raye

Petaluma, California, US

L Raye wrote:
Your thoughts ?

Lucid-Grafx Photography wrote:
It takes a lot for me to really see artistic nude work that stands out for me- however this image made me laugh: 18+ http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/27633408

And I like that some of your work is more in the diresction of emotive nude/portrait nudes- which makes it more interesting for me. I am going to go with the upper end of meh- only because there is no image that is making me say wow- but I like the overall feel and look of your portfolio.

Why . . . thanks.  I think I may be edging towards darker, more emotional work.  Thanks for your comments.

Dec 11 12 10:34 am Link