Forums > General Industry > Need Help creating modeling resume

Model

Janelle Rosemond

Duluth, Georgia, US

I have been modeling for a year not. And i don't have much experience. I have a invitation for a audition but it as for a modeling resume  how would i go about creating one without much experience.

Dec 05 12 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

Charger Photography

San Antonio, Texas, US

big_smile

Dec 05 12 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Models don't have resumes in the usual sense.  They have their "book" which is an accumulation of professional pictures of themselves and/or their comp cards.

I'm a little bit concerned about this "audition".  It's not a term that's normally used in modeling circles--applies more to an acting situation.  Who's holding this audition and for what purpose?  Is it a photographer for a print job?  Paid?  Trade?  Have you checked references?  Is it an agency?  A "school"?  A reality show?  A Music Video?

With a little more information, we might be able to help you more.

Dec 06 12 07:55 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Rays Fine Art wrote:
Models don't have resumes in the usual sense.

He hit the nail on the head.  Models don't have resume's, they have books. The exception would be promotional models.  Actors have resume's.

I too am concerned at the request for a resume'.  I am less concerned about the word "audition" although we more often refer it to as a "go-see."  Models go to a call when they are submitting for an opportunity.  His objection to the word "audition" is that would suggest reading as an actor or performing, if you were a singer, for example.

Use caution if they ask for a resume'.  It just isn't normal in the mainstream for a model.

Dec 06 12 09:06 am Link

Model

Janelle Rosemond

Duluth, Georgia, US

This is the email that was sent to me:

Thank you for your interest in our SMUDGED Prntz 2013 Model Search. We would like to invite you to audition this Saturday at 3:30 PM. The audition is invitation and appointment only so, if you confirm your attendance, we do expect to see you. The audition will take place in Lithonia, GA. Bring a head shot with your resume or relevant modeling/acting experience attached. Photos will not be returned.

Do not arrive early because parking will be limited. Do not be late. Wear solid colors (no busy or distracting prints) and garments that are form fitting and show off your figure. Wear very minimal makeup (if applicable). No wild colors, false lashes, bright lips. Light foundation, mascara, and lip gloss are the ideal makeup combination to audition with. Wear your hair pulled off of your face (headband, ponytail, etc.) so we can see what you look like. Ladies, be sure to wear heels.

Dec 06 12 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Photographe

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

If you post in the critique section where people can comment on your profile and presentation without being punished, then you will get some feedback on presentation and profile.

Dec 06 12 10:27 am Link

Photographer

annie lomowitz

WOODY CREEK, Colorado, US

lmgtfy:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/smudged-prntz-p … y-lithonia

It may be a "contest offering"

Dec 06 12 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

annie lomowitz wrote:
lmgtfy:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/smudged-prntz-p … y-lithonia

It may be a "contest offering"

My guess would be that you will be offered a "discount" photo package but no job.  The liklihood will be that the "winner" of whatever "contest" they offer (if any) will be one of the girls that buys the package.  Can't be sure of that, Better Business Bureau seems to have no record of complaints against them, but that doesn't mean too much because many companies have multiple DBAs.  But that's how many of these "talent searches" work.

Best advice:  If it's within easy commuting distance for you AND if you have strong sales resistance it might be worth your while to check it out.  Otherwise, it might be better to contact some of the photographers near you (Browse at the top of your screen) and see who wants to shoot trade.

Good luck and be careful either way

Dec 06 12 11:31 am Link

Photographer

KiMoMi_Photography

Augusta-Richmond, Georgia, US

If you are ever in Augusta, Adore, I will shoot with you.

Dec 06 12 12:46 pm Link