Forums > Newbie Forum > New Insiring Model In NYC

Model

Prince A Madison

Posts: 3

New York, New York, US

Hey I'm new to this webiste, my name is Amein and i have very amateur pictures and I would love to start building my portfolio. I am very ambitious about this. any ideas from where to start?

Dec 07 12 08:38 pm Link

Dec 07 12 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

SANCTUAIRE

Posts: 8053

Tampa, Florida, US

Welcome to Model Mayhem.

Dec 08 12 03:27 pm Link

Model

Prince A Madison

Posts: 3

New York, New York, US

Thanks guys smile

Dec 08 12 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Posts: 16718

Sacramento, California, US

Amein Koonce wrote:
any ideas from where to start?

Yes, I actually do.

inspiring
adjective uplifting, encouraging, exciting, moving, affecting, stirring, stimulating, rousing, exhilarating, heartening It was not our most inspiring performance of the season.
boring, depressing, discouraging, dull, uninspiring, dispiriting, disheartening

aspiring
adjective hopeful, longing, would-be, ambitious, eager, striving, endeavouring, wannabe (informal), wishful, aspirant an aspiring young artist

expiring
v.intr.
1. To come to an end; terminate: My membership in the club has expired.
2. To breathe one's last breath; die: The patient expired early this morning.
3. To exhale; breathe out.

Dec 09 12 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Posts: 5210

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Leonard Gee Photography wrote:
Yes, I actually do.

inspiring
adjective uplifting, encouraging, exciting, moving, affecting, stirring, stimulating, rousing, exhilarating, heartening It was not our most inspiring performance of the season.
boring, depressing, discouraging, dull, uninspiring, dispiriting, disheartening

aspiring
adjective hopeful, longing, would-be, ambitious, eager, striving, endeavouring, wannabe (informal), wishful, aspirant an aspiring young artist

expiring
v.intr.
1. To come to an end; terminate: My membership in the club has expired.
2. To breathe one's last breath; die: The patient expired early this morning.
3. To exhale; breathe out.

Hi Amein

You ask where to start, let me tell you; see this post/quote above, this person took the time and trouble to copy and paste all of that because you accidentally left the letter 'P' out of Inspiring or chose the wrong word in your thread Title.

You can 'start' by totally ignoring petty, pointless and pedantic comments and responses you get on MM like this. smile

Welcome to MM, there are a lot of good people on here.   hienvy

Dec 09 12 01:02 am Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Posts: 3409

Tempe, Arizona, US

Amein,

Welcome to MM!

I wish you the Best of Success in all of your future endeavors out here!

Kindest regards,
Edward

Dec 09 12 12:45 pm Link

Model

Prince A Madison

Posts: 3

New York, New York, US

Thanks so much for that Drew Smith Photography, Ignorance will never get my attention !! smile. and thanks @edwards I am happy to be here !!!!! smile

Dec 10 12 02:46 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Posts: 16718

Sacramento, California, US

Drew Smith Photography wrote:
You ask where to start, let me tell you; see this post/quote above, this person took the time and trouble to copy and paste all of that because you accidentally left the letter 'P' out of Inspiring or chose the wrong word in your thread Title.

You can 'start' by totally ignoring petty, pointless and pedantic comments and responses you get on MM like this. smile

Prince A Madison wrote:
Thanks so much for that Drew Smith Photography, Ignorance will never get my attention !! smile. and thanks @edwards I am happy to be here !!!!! smile

Ignorance is not understanding that the top people who run the modeling agencies; and thus the top people that control the money, are very smart. They like dealing with intelligent people.

When I first started, one of the agency bookers gave me straight advice - be professional and smart and you will get somewhere. Act like you are uneducated and you won't get far.

Dec 11 12 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Supermodel Photographer

Posts: 3309

Oyster Bay, New York, US

Prince A Madison wrote:
New Insiring Model In NYC
 
Hey I'm new to this webiste, my name is Amein and i have very amateur pictures and I would love to start building my portfolio. I am very ambitious about this. any ideas from where to start?

Start by proving your claim that you're insp[?]iring.*

*  Or do you mean that you're siring (as in producing progeny), in which case you should hand out cigars to us.

Dec 11 12 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Posts: 5083

Catskill, New York, US

I guess the point of this thread is to a) choose the correct word and b) check the spelling of that word before posting it or the public will beat the crap out of you for messing it up.

In all reality, this is pretty good practice here on MM and everywhere else in life.

Dec 11 12 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Posts: 12117

Tampa, Florida, US

Prince A Madison wrote:
Thanks so much for that Drew Smith Photography, Ignorance will never get my attention !! smile. and thanks @edwards I am happy to be here !!!!! smile

Ignorance won't get anybody's attention.

THAT is why someone took the time to explain the very different meaning behind WORDS.

It wasn't just a spelling error. Inspiring and Aspiring are two very different words with very different meanings. So you asked how you can improve. Somebody responded that you can improve the most by improving your communication abilities.

Sounds like necessary and sound advice to me...and far more important than a comment like "show more expression in your photos" or "take some photos of you against a brick wall."

Dec 11 12 03:26 pm Link