Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Thinning Cinema Secrets Foundation

Makeup Artist

Sahily Anais MUA

Posts: 101

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Hello!

I love my cinema secrets foundation palettes, but sometimes I would like to sheer out the foundation. I have mixed it with Embryolisse Concentrated Moisturizer, but sometimes its too dewy for some clients. Is their any way to thin it and still keep a matte finish?

Dec 08 12 04:38 am Link

Makeup Artist

Linda Chudomelova

Posts: 133

Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

And how do you apply it? Would a damp Beauty Blender help?

Dec 08 12 05:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Lauren Reynolds Makeup

Posts: 282

London, England, United Kingdom

Try thinning with a matte primer like MUFE All Mat primer (silicone base) maybe? I don't use CS but I don't see why it shouldn't work smile

Dec 08 12 05:24 am Link

Makeup Artist

Simire MUA

Posts: 91

London, England, United Kingdom

I find Powdering with a puff (rolling motion) and brushing off excess gets rid of the dewy finish

Dec 08 12 05:32 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Posts: 2836

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Simire MUA wrote:
I find Powdering with a puff (rolling motion) and brushing off excess gets rid of the dewy finish

matte finish?   Simire is spot on here... when brushing off excess be certain to stroke in the direction of facial hair growth (away from the median sagittal plane i.e. center-line) lest you lift the strands... you want them to lay flat as possible...

that said, for a matte finish I prefer to airbrush with an aqueous base product... my favs are TEMPTU Aqua and OCC

I use both and they are superb, nearly indistinguishable in quality and ease of use... While I have used traditional cream base foundation product for years (silicone based Cinema Secrets is but one), cream based product can not come close to the velvety soft & light matte finish of aqueous base airbrush product (in my humble estimation).

Dec 08 12 06:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Sahily Anais MUA

Posts: 101

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

ArtistryImage wrote:

matte finish?   Simire is spot on here... when brushing off excess be certain to stroke in the direction of facial hair growth (away from the median sagittal plane i.e. center-line) lest you lift the strands... you want them to lay flat as possible...

that said, for a matte finish I prefer to airbrush with an aqueous base product... my favs are TEMPTU Aqua and OCC

I use both and they are superb, nearly indistinguishable in quality and ease of use... While I have used traditional cream base foundation product for years (silicone based Cinema Secrets is but one), cream based product can not come close to the velvety soft & light matte finish of aqueous base airbrush product (in my humble estimation).

I still don't feel confident enough to airbrush brides. But, I have heard that  I can use the airbrush formula ( I have OCC) with a damp beauty blender. I may experiment with that first.

If not I'm going to try to mix CS with a matte primer and see how that works.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Dec 08 12 10:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

Sahily Anais MUA

Posts: 101

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Linda Chudomelova wrote:
And how do you apply it? Would a damp Beauty Blender help?

I haven't tried this...but I'm going to experiment with this technique. Thank you!

Dec 08 12 10:12 am Link

guide forum

Makeup Artist

KJB

Posts: 1184

New York, New York, US

It breaks down beautifully with the MUFE All Mat or Kryolan Perfect Matt. The Kryolan and MUFE are essentially the same formula except...

MUFE 1.0 oz $47.00 USD
Kryolan 1.4 oz  $25.99 USD

Dec 08 12 05:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lauren Reynolds Makeup

Posts: 282

London, England, United Kingdom

MADE NYC wrote:
It breaks down beautifully with the MUFE All Mat or Kryolan Perfect Matt. The Kryolan and MUFE are essentially the same formula except...

MUFE 1.0 oz $47.00 USD
Kryolan 1.4 oz  $25.99 USD

Oooh I must try the Kryolan in that case, thank you!

Dec 09 12 12:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LoveColor

Posts: 36

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

KJB wrote:
It breaks down beautifully with the MUFE All Mat or Kryolan Perfect Matt. The Kryolan and MUFE are essentially the same formula except...

MUFE 1.0 oz $47.00 USD
Kryolan 1.4 oz  $25.99 USD

Is Kryolan Perfect Matt also good with RCMA?

I went to purchase the Cover FX that you recommended, but it looks like they have stopped making that formula. Or renamed it? I couldn't find it.

BTW, I love you! smile Thank you for all of your priceless advice!

May 30 13 10:06 pm Link