Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Release the Kraken!

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Hello all from freeze-your-favorite-appendage-off Canada! smile

Dec 08 12 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Posts: 1046

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

Hola

Dec 08 12 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Posts: 7693

Monterey, California, US

Good thing I don't live in Canada! big_smile

Hello!

Dec 08 12 07:18 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Paul AI wrote:
Hola

Ciao? tongue

Dec 08 12 07:18 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

PhotographybyT wrote:
Good thing I don't live in Canada! big_smile

Hello!

Haha yeah it's -4 Fahrenheit at the most right now.

Dec 08 12 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Posts: 1046

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

-4?  Lol, I'm excited that it's supposed to get down into the 30s in the next few days.  I'm so tired of it being in the 70s.

Dec 08 12 07:19 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Paul AI wrote:
-4?  Lol, I'm excited that it's supposed to get down into the 30s in the next few days.  I'm so tired of it being in the 70s.

I do love being warm but not crazy hot. I'm looking forward to it being anything above freezing. It's supposed to get close the there this week...

Dec 08 12 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Posts: 1046

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

What is considered crazy hot for Edmonton?

Dec 08 12 07:27 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Paul AI wrote:
What is considered crazy hot for Edmonton?

95 ish? Doesn't happen too often either.

Dec 08 12 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Posts: 1046

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:
95 ish? Doesn't happen too often either.

I guess I do learn something everyday.  I had the impression Edmonton was cold most of the year.

Dec 08 12 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Posts: 7693

Monterey, California, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:

Haha yeah it's -4 Fahrenheit at the most right now.

Yikes! I think 2 of my appendages just fell off. (haha)

It's a comfy 52 degrees right now where I'm at. Heck! I'm ready to do a beach shoot! tongue

Dec 08 12 07:31 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Paul AI wrote:

I guess I do learn something everyday.  I had the impression Edmonton was cold most of the year.

Nah our igloos melt eventually. It's great but the pet moose isn't a huge fan.


Eh? tongue

Dec 08 12 07:31 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

PhotographybyT wrote:

Yikes! I think 2 of my appendages just fell off. (haha)

It's a comfy 52 degrees right now where I'm at. Heck! I'm ready to do a beach shoot! tongue

Tease! sad I haven't been to a beach in forever...

Dec 08 12 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 36723

Columbus, Ohio, US

Deadmonton

How people live there from November thru April is beyond me.

Dec 08 12 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Posts: 1046

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

I miss snow.  I didn't like it much when I lived in Denver, but I definitely miss it since moving to OK.

Dec 08 12 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Posts: 7693

Monterey, California, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:
Tease! sad I haven't been to a beach in forever...

I'm like a quarter mile from the beach! So pppllllttttt! :-)~

Dec 08 12 07:34 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Small Fruit Pits wrote:
Deadmonton

How people live there from November thru April is beyond me.

Deadmonton is right. I hibernate when possible.

Dec 08 12 07:35 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Paul AI wrote:
I miss snow.  I didn't like it much when I lived in Denver, but I definitely miss it since moving to OK.

It's actually beautiful where I'm living right now. The way the snow lays on all of the trees.

Dec 08 12 07:36 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

PhotographybyT wrote:

I'm like a quarter mile from the beach! So pppllllttttt! :-)~

I strongly dislike you right meow sad

Dec 08 12 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Posts: 1046

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:
It's actually beautiful where I'm living right now. The way the snow lays on all of the trees.

Any shoots planned?  Seems like a great opportunity for winter shots.

Dec 08 12 07:38 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Paul AI wrote:

Any shoots planned?  Seems like a great opportunity for winter shots.

I'd be up for it! But nothing so far. This would be a photographers winter wonderland. An acreage in a forest. It's gorgeous.

Dec 08 12 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Posts: 1287

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:

I strongly dislike you right meow sad

Dont worry just wait till Cal falls into the ocean. We will get the last laugh.

Dec 08 12 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Posts: 7693

Monterey, California, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:

I strongly dislike you right meow sad

Haha...life's a beach! tongue

Holy moly! I just googled where you live and you're not even close to any water, are you? That's sad!

Dec 08 12 07:41 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

PhotographybyT wrote:

Haha...life's a beach! tongue

Holy moly! I just googled where you live and you're not even close to any water, are you? That's sad!

Yeah well.....yeah..? You get...s-sand in your butt crack? YEAH. Sand in your butt crack.

Dec 08 12 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Posts: 1046

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

Photos 4 The Memories  wrote:
Dont worry just wait till Cal falls into the ocean. We will get the last laugh.

How's the weather in Wisconsin?

Dec 08 12 07:42 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Photos 4 The Memories  wrote:

Dont worry just wait till Cal falls into the ocean. We will get the last laugh.

Yep, the last laugh where you feel a hint guilty but still, a laugh. ;P

Dec 08 12 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Posts: 7693

Monterey, California, US

Photos 4 The Memories  wrote:

Dont worry just wait till Cal falls into the ocean. We will get the last laugh.

yikes

Oh YEAH!?? Well, I hope...

I hope...ummm...

I hope the Packers lose! tongue

Dec 08 12 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Posts: 1287

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

Paul AI wrote:

How's the weather in Wisconsin?

Its a nice warm 32 out with a chance of snow/rain mix tomorrow. Heck I wear shorts out till it gets in the minus mark.

Dec 08 12 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Posts: 7693

Monterey, California, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:

Yeah well.....yeah..? You get...s-sand in your butt crack? YEAH. Sand in your butt crack.

LOL...not me, but the models usually do!

Dec 08 12 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Posts: 1287

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:

Yep, the last laugh where you feel a hint guilty but still, a laugh. ;P

See they get sooooooooo bitter now. LOL

Dec 08 12 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Posts: 4892

Antioch, California, US

Small Fruit Pits wrote:
Deadmonton

How people live there from November thru April is beyond me.

been to Edmonton a handful of times... but only once in November smile

basically, I make it a rule to avoid ANYPLACE you need to plug your engine block heater in when you park. 

Its one of the coolest evenings so far this season here, 7:45pm and its about +45F on my patio. Keeps this up and I may be forced to turn the heat on in the house.

Dec 08 12 07:48 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

PhotographybyT wrote:

LOL...not me, but the models usually do!

Haha I bet that causes some giggles. tongue

Dec 08 12 07:48 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Photos 4 The Memories  wrote:

See they get sooooooooo bitter now. LOL

Hahaha always hatin'.

Dec 08 12 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Posts: 1287

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

PhotographybyT wrote:

yikes

Oh YEAH!?? Well, I hope...

I hope...ummm...

I hope the Packers lose! tongue

Now them there are fighting words!!!! {Goes to pack bag with crow bar and schedule flight to go help the process along faster.}

Dec 08 12 07:49 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

rfordphotos wrote:

been to Edmonton a handful of times... but only once in November smile

basically, I make it a rule to avoid ANYPLACE you need to plug your engine block heater in when you park. 

Its one of the coolest evenings so far this season here, 7:45pm and its about +45F on my patio. Keeps this up and I may be forced to turn the heat on in the house.

Uhg....I really need to start migrating.

Dec 08 12 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 36723

Columbus, Ohio, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:

Deadmonton is right. I hibernate when possible.

So I looked.....it's fooken -9F right now? And it's not even winter yet.
Is that even fit for polar bears?

I had all my windows open here last weekend.

Dec 08 12 07:53 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Small Fruit Pits wrote:
So I looked.....it's fooken -9F right now? And it's not even winter yet.
Is that even fit for polar bears?

I had all my windows open here last weekend.

Nope. The polar bears are all in hotels. Couldn't even bribe them out with Coca Cola.

Just keep rubbing it in hey?

Dec 08 12 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Posts: 7693

Monterey, California, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:

Haha I bet that causes some giggles. tongue

Yep! Mostly from me. (lol) I had a model scoop out 2 handfuls of sand from her bikini bottoms once. big_smile

Dec 08 12 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Paul AI

Posts: 1046

Shawnee, Oklahoma, US

ElizabethBlueEyes wrote:
Couldn't even bribe them out with Coca Cola.

Lies!  We all know polar bears will do anything for Coca Cola.

Dec 08 12 07:57 pm Link

Model

ElizabethBlueEyes

Posts: 184

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

PhotographybyT wrote:

Yep! Mostly from me. (lol) I had a model scoop out 2 handfuls of sand from her bikini bottoms once. big_smile

I don't know if I would be able to keep a straight face tongue

Dec 08 12 07:58 pm Link