Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Shark Tank - What Have You Invented?

Model

modeled

San Diego, California, US

Really really dig this show, as I'm sure many others here do as well.  Which products have been your favorite on the show so far?   Have you ever come up with a product to patent?  I know one guy who patented a laser pointer of some kind, he did very well.  I know another guy who started a website in San Diego and sold it to the local newspaper for $1 mill.  I've been jotting down ideas, some nights I seem to have a lot of ideas, other nights nothing.  If nothing else, it's fun smile.

discuss! smile

Dec 09 12 09:29 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

I love the keyless lock that you hook up to your smartphone. We're waiting on a short sale right now but whoever we get it were definitely looking into it! 'twas awesome(-:

The cheaters app, was funny^.^

That all in one nail polish that's at ultra now. I may gift that for Xmas

Dec 09 12 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Dec 09 12 09:39 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I started off as an inventor for hire in the early 80's which developed into a nice little industrial design and engineering business for 20 years.  I developed hundreds of products for manufacturing clients--lots of patent applications but only about a half dozen awarded patents. It takes both inspiration and a lot of hard work to bring a proprietary idea into a profitable situation. It was a lot of fun. I most enjoyed the idea-generation part of it. As the business of inventing got more litigious, I got out of it because I got tired of feeding lawyers.

Now I try to stick with things that are not patentable.

Dec 09 12 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Dale at Killer Image

modeled wrote:
Really really dig this show, as I'm sure many others here do as well.  Which products have been your favorite on the show so far?   Have you ever come up with a product to patent?  I know one guy who patented a laser pointer of some kind, he did very well.  I know another guy who started a website in San Diego and sold it to the local newspaper for $1 mill.  I've been jotting down ideas, some nights I seem to have a lot of ideas, other nights nothing.  If nothing else, it's fun smile.

discuss! smile

What website?  Our only 'local paper" in San Diego has been bankrupt for years, just keeps changing hands and now only runs police blotter.

Dec 10 12 08:56 pm Link

Model

modeled

^discoversd.com.

Dec 11 12 08:28 am Link