Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Secret Santa Gift Exchange

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Okay, I'm posting this because I was waiting to see if anyone else would, but since nobody has, I'll offer myself up to the dirty task. Is anyone interested in doing a Secret Santa gift exchange again this year? We've done it on MM in years past to somewhat of a successful completion. I'm in if anyone else is, though I may need some help keeping things organized. Let me know!

I will keep this *open entry* until December 15th, so that everyone has a chance to see the thread, and then I guess I'll match up everyone that wants to participate. Volunteers to help with that are also welcome!

edit:
should this be moved to OT vanilla for more eyes to see? What do you guys think?

edit #2 (i foresee many):
Put some likes/dislikes/fantasy wish/realistic/etc info in this thread, so that when someone is matched up, they can check back here and get something you might like instead of, you know, socks, or something. tongue Also, please PM me with what you have to give, if you already have (I know last year some photo equipment was handed out) it, and if you don't have anything yet, what you price range will be to spend once you are matched. Also, I will need your mailing address!!! Keep in mind that I will do my best to match you with a Secret Santa in your same price range.

edit 3:
Seriously, PM with that info! Only two people have so far. Get er done, yo.

edit 4:
Don't want anything, but want to get in the Christmas spirit anyway and help a needy family out? (or if you want to do the sf2 secret santa AND do some good, feel free to participate in both!!) Please check out Nemi's Super Santa thread here: http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=870889   Please do note that the two events are not innately related, and you must message the respective handlers of each event to ensure everyone is in the right place smile

edit:
whoever gets matched with yours truly, I like owls, shoes, cameras, and my one-day-maybe-when-i'm-rich list is here: http://www.wishpot.com/list.aspx?list=5 … w1NDg2Mjc7

Dec 10 12 06:35 pm Link

Model

Poses

Posts: 8139

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Can Leggy and I count as one person on the Secret Santa list?

Edit: I've sent you our information and such. Nothing perishable, please. We like watching old movies, cooking (me) and eating (him), reading, and generally being awesome.

Dec 10 12 06:39 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Posts: 3398

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I'm in.

Unless someone objects... I would likely send something I made. (small painting or the like)

Dec 10 12 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Poses wrote:
Can Leggy and I count as one person on the Secret Santa list?

I don't see why not-- I would say, though, that couples would then count as one completely, unless the person being their secret santa wanted to give two seperate gifts instead of one but that would be their choice-- ie, expect to get a 'to the both of you' gift instead of 2 seperate presents. Make sense?

Dec 10 12 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Two Pears Studio wrote:
I'm in.

big_smile Sweet.

Dec 10 12 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Don A Long

Posts: 2626

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I'm in

Dec 10 12 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

Posts: 7581

New York, New York, US

put me on that list

Dec 10 12 07:06 pm Link

Model

Poses

Posts: 8139

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Poses wrote:
Can Leggy and I count as one person on the Secret Santa list?

Becks wrote:
I don't see why not-- I would say, though, that couples would then count as one completely, unless the person being their secret santa wanted to give two seperate gifts instead of one but that would be their choice-- ie, expect to get a 'to the both of you' gift instead of 2 seperate presents. Make sense?

That's fine. I just want to share. smile

Dec 10 12 07:10 pm Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

Posts: 2287

Santa Rosa, California, US

I'm *tentatively* in, depending on how we deal with a price range...

Dec 10 12 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Eleanor R wrote:
I'm *tentatively* in, depending on how we deal with a price range...

Unless someone specifically requests someone else, I'll refrain for setting a pricepoint for now because I know some people just can't afford much-- instead, I will try to pair people up by their own pricepoint, ie, let me know what you are going to spend (or already have that's worth x amount, or if you have something handmade), and I'll do my best to pair you with someone at a similar price range.

Also, if any has a better way of handling this, let me know, this is all by the seat of my pants smile

Dec 10 12 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

Posts: 7581

New York, New York, US

how about we just set an amt that we can spend. 20-30 bucks? and if somebody wants to spend more, they can.

but really, i havent gotten a gift from anybody in years. anything that comes thru the mail will be totally cool. I never get gifts but I like giving to others.


.........

I like chocolate, candy, most editable things. Techy and computer related Things. Size med if you want to get me a shirt. That's all I can think of now

EDIT: i like things i can use. i like to drink so beer/alcohol related things would be nice.  hope that helps.

Dec 10 12 08:07 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Posts: 2092

Chicago, Illinois, US

Wicked Photos wrote:
how about we just set an amt that we can spend. 20-30 bucks? and if somebody wants to spend more, they can.

but really, i havent gotten a gift from anybody in years. anything that comes thru the mail will be totally cool.

Yeah I don't think anyone here would mind if there isn't a price range.. I'm going to spend money, but if I got something handmade it'd be awesome(-:

Count me in(:

And there's a thread for the MU&S secret Santa with a questionnaire you could copy or go off of. I did that one, I think I did alright(:

Edit- maybe you could add a price point to the questionnaire thing.

Dec 10 12 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Posts: 24637

Tampa, Florida, US

I'm in

Dec 10 12 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Posts: 19743

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Dec 11 12 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Posts: 10714

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Think I'll just go and pick a furby for myself. tongue

Dec 11 12 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Posts: 19743

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Gryph wrote:
Think I'll just go and pick a furby for myself. tongue

I have to admit, I never knew you were a plushophile.

Dec 11 12 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Posts: 10714

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Caradoc wrote:
I have to admit, I never knew you were a plushophile.

lol no.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=867224

becks I've sent ya a pm.

Dec 11 12 07:37 pm Link

Model

Cheshire-Kat

Posts: 9736

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

yessssssssssssssss
I believe this is a fantastic idea..........as long as I actually get something in return!!
I recently did a similar thing where people were supposed to send each other homemade crafts/art/things, and I sent someone something I made and never got anything back sad

Dec 11 12 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Posts: 38557

Portland, Oregon, US

Cheshire-Kat wrote:
yessssssssssssssss
I believe this is a fantastic idea..........as long as I actually get something in return!!
I recently did a similar thing where people were supposed to send each other homemade crafts/art/things, and I sent someone something I made and never got anything back sad

Unfortunately, that sorta thing happens too often.  sad

Dec 11 12 09:34 pm Link

Model

Cheshire-Kat

Posts: 9736

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

DougBPhoto wrote:

Unfortunately, that sorta thing happens too often.  sad

and sadly, it's not an MM thing....it's just a "people suck" thing. sad

Dec 11 12 10:06 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Cheshire-Kat wrote:
yessssssssssssssss
I believe this is a fantastic idea..........as long as I actually get something in return!!
I recently did a similar thing where people were supposed to send each other homemade crafts/art/things, and I sent someone something I made and never got anything back sad

I can personally guarantee that you'll get something, because I promise that if whoever you get matched with falls through/flakes, I have the darlingest homemade owl ornaments waiting to be gifted.

Dec 12 12 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

BUMP because seriously, PM your addresses and the requested intel or you won't get matched! *shakes fist*

Dec 12 12 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Posts: 10714

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Becks wrote:
BUMP because seriously, PM your addresses and the requested intel or you won't get matched! *shakes fist*

We all know Becks, that this thread is like a casting call.  Instead of replying with "Interested", it is noted with "I'm in" lol

Dec 12 12 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Gryph wrote:

We all know Becks, that this thread is like a casting call.  Instead of replying with "Interested", it is noted with "I'm in" lol

I feel like I'm herding a bunch of attention deficit third graders on a field trip. tongue STAY IN LINE, CLASS!

Dec 12 12 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Posts: 10714

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Becks wrote:

I feel like I'm herding a bunch of attention deficit third graders on a field trip. tongue STAY IN LINE, CLASS!

I didn't make it past pre-school, so that means I've been complimented tongue

Dec 12 12 05:31 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Posts: 2092

Chicago, Illinois, US

Okay ill go first tongue

Dislikes- sports&trucks&manly things. Yup that's about it.

Likes- pink, everything Christmas, dark chocolate, honey(: Disney movies, earmuffs&scarves, candles that smell like baked deliciousness, Winnie the Pooh❤, The Lion King, bows, glitter,

The 121212 concert(:

I will add more(:

Also, baseball is a sport. So I lied(-:

Dec 12 12 11:49 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

tick tock, people. 'I'm in' all by itself isn't gonna cut it! smile

Dec 14 12 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Posts: 10714

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Becks wrote:
tick tock, people. 'I'm in' all by itself isn't gonna cut it! smile

Interested

Dec 14 12 12:09 pm Link

Model

Zaychik

Posts: 7787

San Francisco, California, US

YESPLS
I mean. I already sent out three packs of SS stuff to SF2ers, but an excuse for more is welcome. tongue

Dec 14 12 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Zaychik  wrote:
YESPLS
I mean. I already sent out three packs of SS stuff to SF2ers, but an excuse for more is welcome. tongue

big_smile Yay! PM your details.

Dec 14 12 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Okay people, IF YOU DO NOT PM ME then you'll be SOL at this point, this CLOSES tonight at midnight, as I have to get people (who followed directions, grumble grumble) sorted and matched in time for Christmas.

That means that if you say "I'm in!" and never came back to edit your post or message me your address, you are NOT going to be included in the sorting. All interested parties MUST message me by midnight TONIGHT.

Dec 15 12 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Posts: 10714

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Yes Mother....

Dec 15 12 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

Posts: 7581

New York, New York, US

Becks wrote:
Okay people, IF YOU DO NOT PM ME then you'll be SOL at this point, this CLOSES tonight at midnight, as I have to get people (who followed directions, grumble grumble) sorted and matched in time for Christmas.

That means that if you say "I'm in!" and never came back to edit your post or message me your address, you are NOT going to be included in the sorting. All interested parties MUST message me by midnight TONIGHT.

all the bad kids just needed a good yelling.. go get 'em!!

Dec 15 12 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Posts: 24637

Tampa, Florida, US

Will do

Dec 15 12 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Gryph wrote:
Yes Mother....

*spanks*

Dec 15 12 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Wicked Photos wrote:

all the bad kids just needed a good yelling.. go get 'em!!

*shakes fist*

Dec 15 12 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Will do

Yay big_smile

Dec 15 12 02:01 pm Link

Model

SuperMary

Posts: 1294

Culver City, California, US

I don't know when your midnight is or what the date is over there, Wahh!! I'm sending you a pm now, but if I've missed the cutoff I understand sad

Dec 15 12 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

Mary Thomson wrote:
I don't know when your midnight is or what the date is over there, Wahh!! I'm sending you a pm now, but if I've missed the cutoff I understand sad

You're good. As of yet I have not finished matching people, so for the next however long I take to do this tonight, SS is still open, and all who wish to may have an emergency pardon to be a last second participant.

Dec 15 12 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

Becks

Posts: 31801

Rochester, New York, US

SS is officially CLOSED. The matches have been made and the PMs sent.

Dec 16 12 08:12 pm Link